Start by marking “Batman International” as Want to Read:
Batman International

Batman International (Legends of the Dark Knight #10)

When a string of bizarre murders hits Spain's beautiful coastal city of Barcelona, The Dark Knight makes solving this crime his top priority. Full of international intrigue, high adventure and even higher stakes, BATMAN IN BARCELONA: DRAGON'S KNIGHT showcases The Caped Crusader in a different type of Gotham - but one no less dangerous!

This new title also features a selecti
Published March 23rd 2010 by DC Comics (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Batman International, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman International

Kemper
Jan 19, 2011 Kemper rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhero, 2011
Here’s the danger when a superhero travels:

Person #1: Hey, did you see that wealthy playboy Bruce Wayne went to Barcelona?

Person #2: Yeah, I read that in the news. And I saw that Batman showed up there, too. Weird coincidence, isn’t it?

Person # 1: It sure … Wait a second! Wayne and Batman were both in Spain at the same time? I saw a few weeks back that Wayne went to Scotland and Batman showed up there, too.

Person #2: You don’t think…

Person #1: You know, his parents were gunned down right in fron
Trey
Jul 28, 2010 Trey rated it it was ok
What a lame reason to throw these stories together. The three different Batman tales are only loosely connected because they mostly take place in "international" locations (Scotland, Spain, China). They could have just as easily called it Batman Mediocre and been done with this less-than-thrilling edition.
Amanda
Mar 20, 2015 Amanda rated it it was ok
I really hate when the artist changes, especially in a short trade.
Aaron
Jul 27, 2010 Aaron rated it liked it
A short collection of Batman tales curated and co-authored by Mark Waid, this volume reprints three Batman tales from the early to late 90s, each linked by the fact that they are set largely in another country. As a theme, this is a fine excuse to collect these stories, but overall it doesn't serve much of a purpose. This doesn't really show anything particularly enlightening about how Batman operates overseas, but rather just kind of uses the "foreign soil" aspect to get a little change of venu ...more
Giovanni Gelati
Oct 01, 2010 Giovanni Gelati rated it it was amazing
This story of The Batman goes overseas to three different countries in Batman International. The other interest and neat aspect of the graphic novel is that it has three different authors and three different artists giving each story its own feel and flavor. The three countries he gets to patrol: The Scottish Isle, Spain, and in a flashback, somewhere in The East as he was in his youth training. I like the way they put the three together it is an interesting trifecta.
Can Bruce Wayne ever take a
Alger
Jun 07, 2011 Alger rated it liked it
Three very interesting vignettes that take Batman to Scotland, Spain, and China and immerse not only the Dark Knight but the reader in the rich culture, history, and mythology of the respective countries. In Scotland a black mark of the Highlands dating back as far as the Crusades and later the 18th century exodus is renewed in a bloody vendetta that only Batman can withstand. In Barcelona an old enemy is up to something leading Batman across the city and through the storied skylines of the medi ...more
Ubalstecha
Jun 13, 2011 Ubalstecha rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
A collection of Batman stories where the Dark Knight gets to travel abroad. Bats visits Scotland for a family reunion and vacation and ends up trying to end a centuries old vendetta. He then flies off to Barcelona in search of Croc who is seeking to right the "injustice" of St. George and the Dragon myth. Guess who gets to be St. George. Finally, we get a glimpse into Batman's past as he investigates some murders in Gotham's Chinatown.

This is an OK collection of previous issues, but the lack of
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
After reading the brilliant Batman, Vol. 1: The Court of Owls, this one doesn't measure up. It's a cool idea, Batman in various international locales, doing what he does. But it was underwhelming in execution. Probably the best story was Tao, but it still wasn't that memorable. Overall, the artwork was beautiful, but the storylines weren't that enthralling. I'm glad that I got this one from the library. I can be more forgiving when I read a disappointing book for free.
Anthony
Aug 16, 2010 Anthony rated it liked it
Shelves: batman
I try to stay away from Batman stories that have no connection or continuity and so I was hesitant about reading these stories...I enjoyed them more than expected (some more than others) but it was a good read, I trust Alan Grant to handle Batman with care, and I wasn't left disappointed. This is the telling of Batman somewhat out of his element (even though I felt that could of been more evident.) and how he handles international situations, at one point Bruce Wayne notes that you can't just tr ...more
Ben Mckenzie
Oct 23, 2012 Ben Mckenzie rated it liked it
I liked the Scottish story best, even if Quitely's super-buff Bruce Wayne is a bit off-putting. (Is it just me, or does he look way more ridiculously big in civvies than when he's Batman?) The Killer Croc-as-dragon story set in Barcelona was good, but didn't make much use of the premise; the final story, of a Chinese killer coming to Gotham and recognising Batman from his youth when they clashed during his pilgrimage, seemed a bit thin, and the backstory bits more interesting than the forward.
Gregory
Sep 12, 2012 Gregory rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent collection of Batman's adventures overseas continuing his one man war on crime. My favorite stories are the adventures in both Spain and the 2 part Tao. I believe that these adventures have made the foundation in the future for Batman Incorporated.

I plan on reading it again soon.
Don Tucker
Jun 10, 2013 Don Tucker rated it liked it
Ryan Mishap
Sep 20, 2010 Ryan Mishap rated it it was ok
Shelves: batman-et-al
Three stories. The first is in Scotland and hearkens back to the Batman of old where--gosh!--the plot and its dangers are explained in breathless cartoon squares.

The second takes us to Spain, with a lackluster twist on the plot doesn't even turn us forty-five degrees.

Sigh, I won't even get into the third story involving Taoist beliefs.

Still, Batman! Gets an extra star just for being Batman.
Scott
May 21, 2012 Scott rated it liked it
Though there are some neat ideas in here( overseas batcaves) this is a really strange idea for a collection. The first story and the end of the second made it worth it, but I won't be recommending it to anyone
Eric Mikols
Jan 29, 2014 Eric Mikols rated it it was ok
Shelves: batman
Not much in here. I would have been a better book if it was planned out to be a world-travelling Batman tale. Instead, it's just a three stories told at different times with no connection to each other, and none of them are compelling.
James
Oct 12, 2016 James rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comicbooks, dc-marvel
Some great stories. I liked the castle blueprints and the discussion about Taoism.
Terry
Jun 29, 2010 Terry rated it liked it
Three tales of Batman connected only by the fact that parts of them take place overseas (Scotland, Spain and Tibet). The stories themselves are fine, but it's a weak basis for a collection.
Robert
Apr 20, 2010 Robert rated it really liked it
Shelves: x2009-10-season
A nice set of three stand-alone tales set in foreign locations.
Anya
Sep 09, 2011 Anya rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, 2010s, batman
3 disconnected stories resulting in a resounding "meh". I'll give it 2 stars, just because the end of the Barcelona story was worth it.
Jordi Salazar
Aug 03, 2014 Jordi Salazar rated it it was ok
Flojillo
Lily  Lu
Jul 30, 2014 Lily Lu rated it did not like it
I liked the first two stories. The last two part one was very strung out to me.
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Michael Butler
Michael Butler rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2015
Vanessa Wiseman
Vanessa Wiseman rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Simon Gill
Simon Gill rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Todd
Todd rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2012
Worm
Worm rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2012
Patrick
Patrick rated it it was ok
May 17, 2014
Tom
Tom rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2012
Andreu
Andreu rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 11: Worship
  • Batman Black and White, Vol. 3
  • Superman/Batman, Vol. 5: The Enemies Among Us
  • Batman: Jekyll and Hyde
  • Superman & Batman: Generations 2, An Imaginary Tale (Elseworlds)
  • Batman: Battle for the Cowl Companion
  • Batman: Snow
  • Batman: Death Mask
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 5: Between Dark and Dawn
  • Batman: Faces
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.
More about Mark Waid...

Legends of the Dark Knight (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Batman: Sanctum (Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #54)
  • Robin: The Teen Wonder