Start by marking “Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea, #4)” as Want to Read:
Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea, #4)

Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea #4)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  444 ratings  ·  41 reviews
From a chance encounter...

Morgan of the finfolk does not normally waste his attention on humankind, but while in Copenhagen, he meets a young woman who captures his interest-if only for a night. On sojourn in Europe before starting medical school, Elizabeth is intelligent, attractive?and eager for a little adventure...

A memory kept...

Sixteen years later, Dr. Elizabeth
Mass Market Paperback, 274 pages
Published September 7th 2010 by Berkley (first published August 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Sea

Magic Bleeds by Ilona AndrewsSilver Borne by Patricia BriggsLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadTwice Bitten by Chloe NeillArchangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh
Best Adult Paranormal Books of 2010
78th out of 104 books — 379 voters
Siren's Secret by Debbie HerbertRising by Holly KellyForgive My Fins by Tera Lynn ChildsTempest Rising by Tracy DeebsSweetest Curse by Susan D. Taylor
Mermaid Romances
55th out of 105 books — 149 voters

More lists with this book...

new_user
If the Little Mermaid had met Morgan, she wouldn't have left the sea. LOL. That's all I'm sayin'. "Sorry, Prince Eric, Prince Morgan is better. And he doesn't make me sing Elton John."

Virginia Kantra can write heat (it's one of those books), and she can write an alpha male, but perhaps the biggest draw of Immortal Sea and the rest of her Children of the Sea novels is their authenticity, the normal touches underneath all the shapeshifting seals and sharks. (Yes, I said it.)

When Liz and Morgan m
Laura the Highland Hussy
some spoilers throughout the review

I really enjoyed reading from primarily Morgan's pov. How often do we get more of the hero than the heroine? I loved it.

My favorite part about this book was watching Morgan not just fall in love, but LEARN to love. It was such a heartwarming tale of love, loss and learning to love.

Morgan is a lord of the finfolk, and he and Liz had one steamy night together about 16 yrs ago. She has recently moved to World's End for a fresh start after her husband died and her
Ronda  Tutt
Beautiful Heart Warming Sweet Romance. Excellent happily ever after.

Liz's and Morgan's story was fantastic and the erotica was presented beautifully.

Two strong willed individuals who are always in control finally let go so they can both acept love and have a life of happiness together.

The one night in the past 16 years ago brought forth a son "Zack" that Morgan had no idea had existed until he showed up on Worlds End "Main". However, little did Liz know that she gave birth to a child of the sea
Anne
It took me a while to get into Immortal Sea. I think some of this was due to the author's physical description of Morgan. In my mind I kept picturing him looking like a misshapen cartoon character.
About halfway through the book, though, I started falling in love with Liz and her kids...and through them, Morgan. To be honest, I even fell a little bit for Liz's dead husband, Ben. How can you not love a guy who can love a child who is not biologically his, as much as he loves his own child? I coul
May 23, 2010 Sarah marked it as to-read
Got this from website:

From a chance encounter…
Morgan of the finfolk does not normally waste his attention on humankind, but while in Copenhagen, he meets a young woman who captures his interest-if only for a night. On sojourn in Europe before starting medical school, Elizabeth is intelligent, attractive…and eager for a little adventure...

A memory kept…
Sixteen years later, Dr. Elizabeth Rodriguez is called to the island of World's End to become its only doctor. There, she hopes to reconnect with
SheLove2Read
I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Morgan was arrogant and selfish but he "grew up" and made a real effort to understand the heroine and his son. The heroine was in her late 30s so that was a nice change too.
Jocelin
Kind of a scratching my head love story. The characters were as different as can be He (finfolk), She(human). They didn't generate any heat or passion. The story was not really there. Just an okay read, quick, but ok.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
She's done it again, and this time Morgan found love. One night of passion, and 16 years later he discovers a child came of that union. Now feelings are rekindled and are given a chance to grow. Great book!
Stephanie
more like 4 1/2. Another gorgeous story from Kantra.
Brittany Perry
I really hope to see another book in this series because I still want MORE. There are still two young selkies missing and I would really love to see the one who was married to MIss March find love again. But in this story we find a man who has lost his memory and a fallen angel whowants to help him get it back. With love paving the path they discover secrets hidden and a future brighter than what is currently on the menu. Oh and I want to see Lucy's wedding and for she and conn to have a baby. T ...more
Barbara ★
This is Morgan's story...Morgan, of the love em and leave school of romance. He loved and left Elizabeth Ramsey when she was 16. It isn't until 16 years later that they meet again on another continent where Morgan becomes aware of his son, Zack. To the dying Finfolk, children are precious and few. His only goal is to take Zack back to Sanctuary and raise him as Finfolk instead of the hated humans. However, Zack's little sister Emily sucks Morgan in and causes his heart to finally open after hund ...more
Bookaholics
Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea) by Virginia Kantra
Paranormal Romance - Sep 7, 2010
4 stars

Sweet and stirring this is a thoughtful and caring story about a charismatic merman (one of the finfolk) who finally realizes the power and importance of love!

Young Elizabeth Ramsey gets more than she bargained for on a trip to Copenhagen . An American who longs for a short break from her studies she wants one more opportunity to have fun. But abandoned by her friend she leaves a club only to be assau
Jilly
I enjoy the story of the Children of the Sea. Kantra really brings the characters to life and gives you an interest in there families, their worries and their love story.

The merfolk whether they are selkies or finfolk are always emotionless unless they meet the person who captures their attention, heart and protective instincts. Morgan is no different. He's on World's End to meet up with Conn (Lord of the merfolk). He's not there to make friends, love or even find a willing woman. Things change
Casee
It’s difficult to like the children of the sea characters at the beginning of the books. They have a very obvious disdain for humans. In fact some of them look at humans as so far beneath them that they don’t even consider them as living beings with thoughts and feelings. All the things that go along with being human. Morgan is one such finfolk. I started this book a few months ago, but I disliked Morgan so intensely that I had to put it down. I believe it was because I glommed the series and wa ...more
Crystal
Dumb human YA female + finfolk male = hell of a secret baby plot. Finfok male finds out about baby when baby is v. awkward teenager. Male actually remembers mom, which causes him much angst (since he's not a fan of humans and not supposed to have feelings except that he does; he just doesn't understand what they are). Female a) still smarts from being dumb enough to boink a stranger as a YA, b) doesn't trust him, and c) has no clue that he ain't human. Lots of distracting external conflict to we ...more
Marissa Dobson
Immortal Sea is book 4 of the Children of the Sea series and one of my favorite to date. Immortal Sea is Morgan's story. Morgan is one of the most arrogant finfolk. I have been looking forward to reading more about Morgan since I read his twin brother in one of Virginia Kantra's novellas.

Morgan met Elizabeth for one short night while she was having one last trip before starting medical school. Morgan, like many other finfolk, never thought of the one nightstand, but Elizabeth was left with a ch
LynnMarie
Hunter’s Review

I have enjoyed reading the Children of the Sea series by Virginia Kantra so much. I have to admit, however, that by far this book—Immortal Sea—is the best one in the series so far. This was the first book to not have to do with Caleb, Dylan, or Lucy—the central family in the previous books.

Instead, the hero is Morgan of the Finfolk, a tough, cold warrior who has no time to trifle in human affairs. Except one. And out of that encounter, a baby is born. This story is about Liz—the
Fedora
I'd read the first three Children of the Sea stories a couple years ago, and picked this one up at the library. Wow--I'd forgotten what a fabulous world this is that Ms. Kantra's created.

Morgan is one of the finfolk, and doesn't often deign to mingle much with humans. But he intervenes by chance to protect a young Elizabeth from attackers and finds himself strangely attracted to her. That leads to a night of passion, and unbeknownst to him, a much more lasting bond.

For Elizabeth, that one night
Patricia
Semi skimmed half of it.

The story has slow build up, but it had interesting plots. However, the cavalier attitude about rate was disturbing. I like the character developments, though. One question is why her parents were present at the wedding. Oh well. I wish there could be a happier ending for the son and his girlfriend.
Kat
Kantra's Children of the Sea series is easily one of my favorites. I'm just fascinated with her characters who are of the sea. They don't understand humans, and emotions are a waste of time. By a twist of fate, Morgan is reunited with Elizabeth after a night of passion years before, and he believes her son Zack is his child. Zack is tormented by his secrets, and is floundering when he meets his biological father. The passion between Elizabeth and Morgan is sizzling, and I adore the interaction b ...more
Ashley
This is the latest book in the series, and I am glad I read it first. Even though it's like most other romance novels with the declaration of love coming very quickly, I enjoyed seeing Morgan's progression. It was more believable as a romance, because of the added shared child element. I like how as an author she brings in characters viewpoints like the children. Even though I found all of the characters interesting and likeable, my favorite was Zack. He was very relatable, and you just want to ...more
Tressa
I liked Immortal Sea even though it took me a while to warm up to Morgan. My favorite character was Zack and I wish that there might be a book from his point of view.
Theresa Scarangella
I enjoyed this book the fourth in the series of children of the sea. Morgan came onto World's End Island for a celebration only to find the woman he had met 16 years ago. I like the fact that you can read the books alone and not have to read them in order. Although I love series because you get to feel like they are family and you get to know them all. The children of the sea live for a long time and do not have emotions about people and things, and it's nice to see them learn about them.
Virgin
Maja
One word comes to my mind, when I have to describe how I felt about this book: flat. Absolutely flat. Nothing really happened, everything was over even before it started, especially the climax - or anti-climax as it were. There was a slight build-up and then nothing. Nothing at all. Over before it started. And them BAM, out of nowhere, it was over. I even exclaimed a loud: "WHAT?!" (making the dog jump up from her deep sleep) when I read the word 'Epilogue'. I was so not ready for that. So I was ...more
Lyly
I read the last two books out of order so I can say that this book was way better than the last and first book. Morgan and Elizabeth were characters I felt a connection to, they felt real to me not empty like Dylan and Caleb's sister.
Michelle
Who knew a one night stand with a stranger in a foreign country could change your life?

Elizabeth & Morgan meet in Copenhagen when he saves her life and she is unexplainably drawn to him. Sixteen years later, Liz uproots her family to give them a fresh start, destiny brings Morgan back into her life. Explaining his appearance in their life to Zach isn't easy. Can Morgan get Zach to open up about what has been bothering him for the past couple of years?
Carolina
Katherine
Really 3.5 stars. I generally like the idea for this series but I am getting a little tired of the same basic plot over and over again. The quality of the writing and development of characters and their relationships keeps improving with each story, so I am hoping the next one switches things up a bit (view spoiler).
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
I really liked this match-up. Both are strong, independent people. I liked seeing previous characters in this book as well. The ending was a nice surprise.
Felicia (Ferishia)
I'm always surprised after I read a book from this series at how much I liked it. I have love every book so far and I cannot wait until the next one.
  • Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6)
  • A Mermaid's Ransom (Daughters of Arianne, #3)
  • Burning Up (Children of the Sea, #3.5; Psy-Changeling, #0.6; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • Skin Tight (Skin, #2)
  • Demon Lover (Fairytale Fantasies #2)
  • The Last Mermaid
  • Seaborne (Seaborne #1)
  • Immortal Champion (Immortal Brotherhood, #3)
  • Embrace the Night Eternal (Envy Chronicles, #2)
  • Dark Enchantment (Dark Magick, #3)
  • Eternal Prey (Gods of the Night, #3)
  • The Devil's Kiss (The Magical Sword, #3)
  • Catch of a Lifetime (Tritone Trilogy, #3)
  • Siren's Surrender (Dark Tides, #2)
New York Times bestselling author Virginia Kantra has written over twenty-five books of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. She is the winner of numerous writing awards, including Romance Writers of America's RITA Award and two National Readers' Choice Awards. Married to her college sweetheart and the mother of three kids, she is a firm believer in the strength of fa ...more
More about Virginia Kantra...

Children of the Sea (5 books)
  • Sea Witch (Children of the Sea, #1)
  • Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • Forgotten Sea (Children of the Sea, #5)
Sea Witch (Children of the Sea, #1) Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2) Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3) Carolina Home (Dare Island, #1) The Passion of Patrick MacNeill (Sweet Home, Carolina, #2; MacNeill Brothers, #1)