Start by marking “GenoType Diet” as Want to Read:

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  32 reviews
What's Your GenoType?
GenoType 1
The Hunter
Tall, thin, and intense, with an overabundance of adrenaline and a fierce, nervous energy that winds down with age, the Hunter was originally the success story of the human species. Vulnerable to systemic burnout when overstressed, the Hunter's modern challenge is to conserve energy for the long haul.
GenoType 2
The Gatherer
Full-fig
Published December 26th 2007 by Broadway Books

To ask other readers questions about GenoType Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about GenoType Diet

Christine Theberge Rafal
Friends have noticed how many nutrition/diet books I have read--well, it's probably because I am a strong match for the Warrior Phenotype. (My husband points out since these types are determined by observable, measurable characteristics these should be called PHENOtypes not genotypes.) The Warrior phenotype is lean and healthy in youth, but can't keep their eat-anything ways and stay that way in middle age; especially not processing most meat (storing it instead!). One thing I like about this bo ...more
Dan Spradlin
There was literally no official reference to any studies although he claimed correlations throughout the whole book. Any book that draws conclusions such as the ones in this book should be heavily supported and cited otherwise I consider it hearsay. A couple of anecdotes about his patients do not constitute as proof to me. Although I believe the premise of the book (see "Survival of the Sickest" for real scientific conclusions on the subject of genetics and diets), and he does have an occasional ...more
Michelle Hankes
This is a fascinating new book from the author of the Eat Right 4 Your Type blood type diet. It is based solely on the concept that not only do our bodies require certain foods based on our blood types, but on a genetic level, our bodies have certain requirements passed down by our ancestors. Not only does it make sense, but I can tell you from personal experience, it is accurate. Fascinating read for anyone looking to improve their health and really begin to understand their body from the insid ...more
Amy J. Whetten
May 12, 2008 Amy J. Whetten rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone concerned with personal health
D'Adamo challenged my credulity again with his research and conclusions, since his genotypes do not exactly align with blood types. However, in many ways it builds on his previous work, and again, following his recommendations resulted in a surprising improvement to my health. This book can be life-changing at best, and interesting at least.
Stefany
I have been following the Blood Type Diet for almost 5 years and it had been very beneficial. I was interested in the possibility of fine tuning my diet. I just finished figuring out that genotype I am so I am excited to adjust my diet and see how it goes.
Correen

I read the body types and guessed at my most likely type -- nomad.
I took the basic type profiler and got my result -- gatherer.
I took my advanced type profiler and got my result -- nomad.
I read the characteristics -- neither fit but a bit of one and a bit of the other.

He says there are precisely six types and no combinations of type. That sounds absurd. How would he know that with such certainty? He used to write about blood types. Now he is pitching epigenetics as the foundation of his thinki
Kasey
Pretty interesting. I don't know how much of it I'm buying into. The book has you measure yourself in various ways from a basic are your legs longer than your torso/which is longer ring or index finger to a more advanced method which takes into account if you're a super taster your secretor type and blood type.

Honestly the intermediate method was more accurate for me. The advanced I didn't match ANY of the things listed (I was warrior on advanced) but I matched the mail profile and what the inte
Deirdre
Interesting ideas, still not sure what I should be eating though. Mostly skimmed it.
Lydia
Oct 27, 2008 Lydia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone willing to make a change in their life
Recommended to Lydia by: Rienna Young
This is very interesting. Dr. D'Adamo is very brilliant and patient to be able to put all of this new scientific terminology into words that the average person can understand.

I definitely would recommend this book to anyone who is willing to make a lifestyle change. It is very easy to find out what your geno-type is. I'd found out that I was geno-type GT5(Warrior) within the first day I'd started reading the book. However, it's a book that I don't think I'll ever stop reading.
Kelly
I had read his Eating for Your Blood Type and liked it. So I read this one. I felt like I was reading something written by a quack. He basically back peddled on a lot of things he put in his first book. Example: he said Type A blood should not eat red meat. Now he says "well, some type A's should". What kind of thing is that? And the "genotype calculator" was silly. It said to measure my leg, fingers, etc. Wow, sounds really scientific.
Amy Dana
Given my experience with celiac, the premise behind this book resonates with me. I can appreciate first-hand how toxic some foods are to my body. The implications of this are huge, though -- for medicine, for the way we view our diversity, for sustainable agriculture, for our way of life.... 9 billion people who can't seem to find their way to good nutrition and a planet that's struggling already to feed them....
Elaysee

He should really proof his magic foods better. In the edition I snickered my way through, cherries were a superfood for one of the types while cherry juice was toxic to that type. Or maybe it was vice versa, but the tables were full of similar contradictions.
Rahmani
Buku ini berisi informasi mengenai 4 tipe2 manusia dan ciri2 mengenali 4 tipe tersebut, agak membingungkan karena harus melakukan pengukuran serta pengamatan serta harus menghapal daftar makanan yang boleh atau tidak boleh
Psparke2000
There are some new ideas in this book that may really help people improve their health. I especially think it is worth looking into if someone has health problems that they are wanting to get control of.
Anne Tipton
Read this thing to try to figure out ways to eat...measured myself and everything...only to find out he thinks I'm supposed to eat quail and other such animals I never eat!! Crazy! Don't bother....
Heather
Currently we are fully invested in this way of eating. If you don't want to buy the diet software to go along with this diet, this book will be good enough to get you going.
Grace
I like the blood type diet better this is convoluted and contradicts the blood type information.
I didi read the whole book and figure out my GenoType. I'm not impressed.

Lori
I thought it was going to be a joke, but there was actually some very interesting science. Unfortunately, I didn't match up well to any of the genotypes,and I was a quite annoyed!
Deb
Jul 24, 2008 Deb rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dieters, studiers of body-types
A good more-to-it update of "Eat Right 4 Your [Blood] Type"; refinements and additional categories; more dietary choices. More science.
Karen
This "Genotype diet" is an interesting idea and made for an entertaining read. I don't believe any of it for one minute, though.
Kaz
Reading at the moment for further information finding this an interesting and informative read at the moment , worth picking up.
Emillam
Interesting theory on our genetic types and therefore how/what we should eat to live the longest and be most healthy...
Eldra
An interesting examination of genetic influences on body type, behavior, and food choices.
Morgan Summerfield
Very interesting approach. Diets are quite sensible, even without all the additional tweaks.
Lauren orso
allegedly, i am an "EXPLORER" which means i ought not to eat anything that i like.
E. Scott
Confusing. I don't think food should be this complicated. LOL!!!
Very interesting concept and I'm going to try this i this new year.
Lisa
I'm not sure about the science behind it, but it sure sounds good.
Some of it makes sense, but I can't buy into all of it.
Tracey
Interesting concept..
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook: Whole Foods Recipes for Personal and Planetary Health
  • Ayurveda: A Life of Balance: The Complete Guide to Ayurvedic Nutrition and Body Types with Recipes
  • Raw Food Life Force Energy
  • Thyroid Power: Ten Steps to Total Health
  • The Edge Effect: Achieve Total Health and Longevity with the Balanced Brain Advantage
  • Plant Spirit Medicine: The Healing Power of Plants
  • On God: An Uncommon Conversation
  • Fifteen Days: Stories of Bravery, Friendship, Life and Death from Inside the New Canadian Army
  • No B.S. Direct Marketing: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Direct Marketing for Non-Direct Marketing Businesses
  • The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics
  • Energy Medicine for Women: Aligning Your Body's Energies to Boost Your Health and Vitality
  • The Hormone Diet: Lose Fat. Gain Strength. Live Younger Longer.
  • Breakthrough:Eight Steps to Wellness (Life-Altering Secrets from Today's Cutting-Edge Doctors)
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • Bayou Farewell: The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisiana's Cajun Coast
  • Awakening to the Sacred: Creating a Personal Spiritual Life
  • The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy
  • The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World
Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution to Staying Healthy, Living Longer & Achieving Your Ideal Weight The Eat Right 4 Your Type The complete Blood Type Encyclopedia Live Right 4 Your Type Cook Right 4 Your Type: The Practical Kitchen Companion to Eat Right 4 Your Type Blood Type A: Food, Beverage and Supplement Lists from Eat Right for Your Type