Start by marking “Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls #2)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  73,120 Ratings  ·  3,072 Reviews
Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from the Ethan Frome Academy, a covert training center for boys. Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes ...more
Published June 9th 2009 by Disney Book Group (first published October 2nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, please sign up.

Dreamingintherain Yes, definitely. Just make sure you read the first book before hand.
Lily I'm not sure what you mean? This book is the second. The third is Dont Judge a Girl By Her Cover. The fourth is Only the Good Spy Young. The Fifth is…moreI'm not sure what you mean? This book is the second. The third is Dont Judge a Girl By Her Cover. The fourth is Only the Good Spy Young. The Fifth is Out of Sight, Out of Time. And finally the sixth is United We Spy. I hope this answered your question.(less)

Lola  Reviewer

I can’t stop thinking about this series.

It’s so addictive I’m truly scared I’m not going to be able to ever forget it and I have this feeling that it’s ruining the ‘espionage’ YA genre for me, because I don’t think I’ll ever find a book/series of that genre as good as this one.

But you know what? I don’t care anymore.

I love this series and I’m going to love it with all my heart. I can say this, even though this is only the second book, since this is a reread for me: The Gallagher Girls is in my
Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral
*Review posted on Mundie Moms on August 20, 2011*

I love discovering a series that has a number of books out already. But the problem? Well, I seem to be devouring them in one sitting. I tried to slow down my reading of Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, but I couldn’t seem to stop turning pages. For starters, I wanted to know what Cammie’s mother was hiding and what was that new construction in the school all about?

Then in a countersurveillance exercise with the always fun-to-read Mr. Solomon, I
maybelline ⚓
Who would have thought a sequel could be better than the first book??? Okay, not SUBSTAINTAILLY better, but noticeably better.

description

I finished this book in less than 2 hours and im just grateful these books are short otherwise I would be encouraged to do other things ((laundry)) than read this book
That’s how bad they can get – im not even exaggerating

But book #2 was better and I think going in with 0.00 expectations made me //enjoy// it more than I thought it would

Yes, there’s still more TALK of bei
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
REREAD: July 26, 2015

It will never be the same. I'm bumping up the rating to 4 stars.

Initial read: January 21, 2015

Rating: 3.8 stars

One thing you should know about me is, I have a short attention span. I can't never get anything done without chirping a couple of nonsensical chores between my reading.

I was pleasantly surprised to find myself finishing Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy in one day. Its genuinely short, but still my effort deserved to be applauded.

Verdict: I'm not in love with this se
Leanna
Feb 04, 2008 Leanna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eri (Airy Reads)
re-read on 1/18/15

You can also read this review and others on my blog.

Reading this brought back all of the memories of why I love this series so much. Why despite having read this for the first time five years ago, I still push it up to the top of my favorite books list all the time.

This book is my comfort food, and without fail, it always make me smile and swoon and laugh and a tad sad at times.

Cammie is one of my favorite girls ever, perhaps because of her endearing awkwardness, something I
Rachael
Mar 27, 2008 Rachael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy is the second book in Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl series. It is just as cute and well-written as the first book.

It's a new semester at Cammie's spy school. But getting through the next part of her Covert Operations class isn't her only challenge; the school is also keeping a secret from its students, a secret called Blackthorne. Soon, it's up to Cammie and her genius friends to save the school.

In my opinion, some parts of this story are predictable, but the storyl
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
asdfghjkl; these books are so fun! I can't stop grinning and while this didn't get any tears out of me, I enjoyed it a lot! especially the parts where a certain boy was involved (✿◠‿◠) I'm in such a reading groove with this series that I don't have that much time to update here while continuously laughing and turning the pages as soon as possible, but I'm already [almost] halfway done with book 3 and it's really good, too!
Pahilario22
Apr 09, 2009 Pahilario22 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy is the sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter, the witty and adventurous "Cameron Ann Morgan" herself.
This novel took alot from the first book and placed an even harder and challenging mission in this story.
Cammie and her three friends, along with the 96 more girls at the academy, find theirselves in an even tougher and awkward situation than when Cammie first met Josh; and this time, this situation refers to all Gallagher
Marina
Feb 13, 2016 Marina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
The second installment of The Gallagher Girls is much better than the predecessor. There was much more spying, secrets, twists, and intrigue in this book. My disappointment from the first book has been mollified.

First of, the girls: Cammie, Bex, Liz, and Macey are all great. I wish the books were a little longer, so we'd get to explore their relationships and personalities more, but I'm just happy there are so many great girls working together.

The boys: Meh. Zach was okay, I guess, but I'm not
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Before I start, I have to start by saying something extremely vital to my review: JOSH WHO?

Agter reading this book, I am infinitesimaly glad that Cammie isn't with Josh. First of all, I've never ever related to him. I didn't like him as a character. I've always found him to be just a distraction to Cammie. I'm glad I didn't need to hear much from him here.

Anyways, this book was great, even better than the first one. I found myself passing the pages faster, because I wanted to discover all the se
H
Nov 23, 2008 H rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
I thought this was really good, regardless of the slim plot. I liked the characters a lot, especially the new ones, and I wish the third book was coming out tomorrow instead of in June. Sigh. But I laughed almost the whole time, especially about some of the situations and things Cammie finds herself in. I hope Zach's in the next book a lot, because I feel like Carter raised a lot of questions about him but then didn't answer any of them (well, except if he liked Cammie or not).
Almera
actual rating: 4.5 stars

fUCKING ZACHARY GOODE

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME ERI

THAT FUCKING SMOOTH MOTHERFUCKER I HATE HIM
Rebecca T
Apr 19, 2015 Rebecca T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 115-in-2015
These books are seriously so much fun. Sure they might be kind of predictable, but the characters are amazing and the storyline is fantastic. This is the epitome of a feel good series. I can’t wait to read them all.
Georgia
Kyla Harris
Feb 23, 2014 Kyla Harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls 9-14
I love spy stuff. And she makes me want to become a Gallagher Girl so bad. I will always love Zach with all my heart he is top spy man ever!❤ I love how she ends her books! Always at the end of the school year. Where the possibilities are endless. Liz and Bec are the best characters as well as best friends for Cammie. Oh and Macey too they are a mix of a kind such different personalitys yet they work together so well! I wish her books were longer! I finished this one fast. It's been awhile that ...more
Monkey of Doom
This book wasn't as good as it's predecessor, "I'd Tell You I Love You, but then I'd Have to Kill You". Cam went from being a cool spy girl who happened to be interested in a boy, to a confused teenage girl, who happened to be a spy. Most of the book was her trying to deal with Zach, another spy, and then not taking the route I wanted her to, which involved a good beating on Zach's part. My goodness, that guy was annoying! Kinda a non-exsistent plot. Basically just said,"we figured out that you ...more
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
Hmmm. Much better than the first, but some parts felt lacking. I would have to reread the action scenes to try to understand what was going on, but still felt lost at some points. No cussing like the first book (there was a 'freaking', though), but there was still a romance--just with a different guy. A kiss and an almost kiss, but not really any sexual hints. Many mentions of hotness and hotties. There is an accident with a strapless bra falling, that I found a bit humorous did to the fact I al ...more
Wolf (Alpha)
Apr 18, 2017 Wolf (Alpha) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I like how Zach is so clever and how he is great at what he does. I feel bad for Cammie since she was tricked. I feel bad for all the girls because they didn't know that there was a school for boys. I like how she and Zach get together and how Zach kisses her before leaving.
Mafi
Jun 30, 2014 Mafi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, pt, read-marathon, 2015
"Juro dizer a verdade, toda a verdade e nem sempre a verdade" já é bem melhor que o primeiro. Para já a autora introduziu outra escola de espiões, desta vez uma escola masculina e a rivalidade entre o colégio Gallagher e Blacktorne foi muito engraçada de acompanhar. Por tudo se passar dentro das paredes de um colégio interno, a série tem toda uma vibe de Harry Potter, apenas a diferença que aqui não há feitiçaria mas muitos mistérios, missões e explosões! É aqui também que entra o par amoroso da ...more
Claire (not Danvers)
I thought my heart was going to break, but then it starts healing because of the humor in this book.
"I thought you liked your interludes secret and mysterious. Your boyfriends private."
"We weren't having an interlude. And you are not my boyfriend."
"Yeah. I noticed."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"You're the Gallagher Girl. You figure it out."

Nicole
Jan 27, 2017 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the second book of the gallagher girls series. At first, it starts off slow but soon get more interesting. The second book is about how Cammie and her friends find out their school is hosting boys from another spy school. Soon the school worries that a security breach could tell the world the true status of the school while incident is being blamed on Cammie. Cammie needs to learn who is on her side, who she can trust, and how she is going to save the school's reputation. I would definit ...more
Devon
Mar 23, 2015 Devon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN.
I WANT MORE.
GIVE ME MORE ZACH AND CAMMIE AND THE REST OF THE GANG.
review to come when i get back from pretending i'm a spy.
4.75/5
C.B. Cook
Mar 21, 2016 C.B. Cook rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty good. Spies and such. I knew the ending before it came, and there was too much romance (again), but it was pretty good! (I don't remember in cursing in this one.)
Duchess Natalia of the Northern Lights in the sky
Jun 10, 2015 Duchess Natalia of the Northern Lights in the sky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: favorites
Faye
I was a little surprised by how it was better than I expected, since I didn't really like Cross My Hear and Hope to Spy's prequel, which I forgot the title of.

The main thing that I like much better is that Cammie is a little more grown up. She still is a little naive, but instead of finding her annoying, I find her endearing now. It would make sense too, since she did something really bad before, and she's also a little older.

There still are all the cute things, and I really liked the spying e
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Jan 08, 2015 Silvana [The Book Voyagers] rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
THIS WAS SO CUTE. I AM READY FOR BOOK THREE

----

Ok. I got to thank Eri for getting super excited to finish this series. I'm actually very grateful to her because this series rocks like mac n' cheese. I'm so very deeply in love with all the characters and the plot lines in each book.

Cammie is so cool. I actually like her more than the first one. I don't know, the way she thrives at things, and her being a super amazing spy, makes me love her even more. Her relationship with her other three "halfs
Emily Munro
Feb 12, 2013 Emily Munro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At a private school full of spies, teenaged girl spies, running into cute boys isn’t something that happens often. Cammie Morgan, daughter of the headmistress at Gallagher Academy of Exceptional Young Women, had a reputation of sneaking out of school grounds. When out of the blue, boys show up at the school and odd things start to happen, dangerous thing start to happen. When Cammie is blamed for a serious crime against the school because of her past rep, Cammie and her friends start to dig deep ...more
Heidi-Marie
A fun sequel to the first book, and just as light and chick-lit, too. I liked the element of the boys coming to stay at the school. I was a little disappointed that early on I had guessed correctly about was going on because it took away some of the excitement for me. However, Carter did a decent job in the what's-going-on aspect as I still found myself second-guessing my original guess.

Honestly, I never liked Zach. He's not Josh. I liked Josh. I prefer Josh. My favorite scenes were the ones wi
Annabelle
Sep 19, 2015 Annabelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Covert Operations Report
By Anna Sk (hereafter referred to as "The Operative")

Phase 2.

With the addition of Asset Zachary Goode, the Operative regained interest on the series and was highly anticipating the continuation of the mission with the combined strengths of Assets Morgan, Baxter, Sutton, McHenry and Goode. The same rather fluffy storyline is continued in this phase as well, though compared to the first mission, it is more enjoyable (mainly due to Asset Goode as stated above).

The Operative
  • Down to the Wire (The Specialists, #2)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Movers & Fakers (Alphas, #2)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Death by Latte (Death By Mysteries, #2)
  • The Traitor in the Tunnel (The Agency, #3)
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • Runaway (Airhead, #3)
  • Family Affairs (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #3)
  • A Girl Named Digit (Digit, #1)
  • Dead Is So Last Year (Dead Is, #3)
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Playing With the Boys (Pretty Tough, #2)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.
More about Ally Carter...

Gallagher Girls (6 books)
  • I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
  • Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)

“Most little girls in England grow up wanting to marry
a prince. Bex grew up wanting to kick James Bond's butt and assume his double-0 ranking.”
684 likes
“You really saw some?" Liz said an hour later. Sure, we had the stereo blaring and the shower running, but Liz still whispered, "They really...exist?"
"Liz," I whispered back, "they're not unicorns."
"No," Bex said flatly, "they're boys. And they're...good.”
612 likes