Start by marking “Willow (De Beers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Willow (De Beers, #1)

Willow (De Beers #1)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  3,483 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews

All that glitters isn't gold....

Willow

Wealth. Extravagant parties. Celebrity status. These are things Willow De Beers could only dream of until now. After discovering deep family secrets in her adoptive father's journal, Willow bids farewell to her North Carolina college town and sets out in search of her birth family amid the ritzy glamour of Palm Beach.

Using an ass

Published February 10th 2002 by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Willow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Willow

Charli
May 10, 2009 Charli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2007
It took me years, and I mean that literally to finish this book. V.C. Andrews is one of my absolute favorite authors. So the very fact that it took this long to finish this book was amazing. Usually I tear through her books like they were water. But alas, there were mitigating circumstances at work and I kept losing my place in this wonderful read.

Despite the fact that ghost writers have been writing V.C. Andrews' books for years (one would hope since she IS deceased) I haven't seen too much dev
lamya  ❀
Apr 25, 2015 lamya ❀ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vc-andrews-books

And people still wonder why I keep reading VC Andrews's books!!
Basically they're like drug to me,they make me sick but I enjoy them anyway lol. Willow's story is unique, and it was full of unexpected things, I can't write down what the story is all about because it was just too much...I loved and lived the charterers. Linden was my favorite. It wasn't the best of bests but it was good and I enjoyed it.
Patricia
Nov 12, 2008 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite V.A. series. I think the Willow books are clever. Written with a psychological perspective.
Kim Smiley
Dec 04, 2013 Kim Smiley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Redfox5
Dec 31, 2015 Redfox5 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, usa, family-saga
I could remember almost nothing of this book so it was like reading it for the first time all over again. I must read more of my v.c Andrews collection more often. This book now goes to live with the rest. I can't wait to start re-reading the rest of the series.
Shay Hawthorne
I actually liked this one. People warned me that it was predictable. It is but I think Neiderman knew fans already know all the usual twists and turns. So instead of dragging things out he just hands you all the plot surprises within the first hundred pages and lets the story take a ride. I'm going to guess your opinion of the book hinges on whether you enjoyed Willow's story and weren't hoping to be shocked by a shocking reveal.

The most disappointing part of this book was the letter from Annie.
Lia Rock lantz
Oct 08, 2015 Lia Rock lantz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read although I did not care for the ending. I'm ready for the next one in the series.
Stephanie Thompson
Emily
Mar 14, 2014 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: v-c-andrews
This is a good beginning to a decent series. Andrews has a good plot in this one, since the later series seem to rely on previous plots....But a good read and good series.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Anne Marie
May 02, 2015 Anne Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely another great VC Andrews book series. In this book, we meet Willow, the daughter of a recently deceased psychiatrist, who after reading his diary, goes to Palm Beach to try and meet her biological mother. She does get to meet her mother and half-brother after concocting a story that she is doing research on Palm Beach society for school. She also meets Thatcher, who lives with his parents on the property of her mother. They could almost be falling in love, until the truth of w ...more
Marie
Sep 02, 2012 Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite what others have said about this novel, I personally really enjoyed Willow. This is not your typical VCA heroine. Willow comes from money (more than she realizes). She is already in college, she is not a virgin, she is pretty normal. This book takes Willow on an adventure to find her mother who just happens to live in affluent Palm Beach, Florida. (I lived in West Palm Beach for a number of years and would always be over in Palm Beach enjoying the beaches, window shopping on Worth Avenue ...more
Hannah
Feb 19, 2015 Hannah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I do not feel one way or another about this book.

It started off way too slowly and I continued to put it down again and again. It picked up towards the middle and kept my attention until the end.

Certainly nothing special or anything specific I feel I need to express.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Read this series after just finishing the Dollangangers series. And found the first two books, to be better in the series. Basically the ones with Willow as the MC actually. Anyway, this has Willow finding out something about herself as well as her family.
Nico
Dec 04, 2014 Nico rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Den
Jun 09, 2015 Den rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the Flowers in the Attic series, so I knew how Andrews presented her books. She did not disappoint in "Willow". However, as of right now this is a stand alone book with no follow-up. I truly can see this being a 2 or 3 book series. I hope something is coming soon.
Ashley N. Davis
Aug 08, 2015 Ashley N. Davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good series

This book started off pretty slow but towards the end you realize what the build up was for. Looking forward to reading the next one in the series
Nikki Marie
Nov 29, 2014 Nikki Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Amanda
Nov 12, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed this story a second time around and can't wait to read/re-read the other books in this series. The characters are just so much fun and personable.
Delicious Strawberry
After the lackluster Hudson series, I, as a longtime VCA fan, was excited to pick up this book when it was released on the shelves nearly ten years ago. but I was disappointed. The ghostwriter using VCA's name obviously wasn't trying as much as he had been before, and everyone was flat. The story was only mildly interesting, and there was none of the thrills and chills that came with reading a real VCA book, or one of Mr. Neiderman's earlier ghostwriter books (Cutler, Landry)

And I'm not sure why
Loraine
Similar story themes to previous Andrew's stories with a pshycological view. It was alright, an easy fast read. I hated Thatcher's character immediately and considering how Willow was disdainful towards Palm Beach people, and everything that had happened to her Mother, I was surprised that she would fall for his pathetic charms. I could see right throught him and could have written the plotline that continues on the second book of this series. Oh and surprise, surprise - the brother fancies his ...more
Abbie
It was tragic but it just wasn't likw the original V.C. Andrews books.
Galion Public Library Teens
Feb 29, 2016 Galion Public Library Teens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Review by S.I.: "Great book. Recommended to my aunt."
Dacia
Dec 17, 2014 Dacia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really good book, will own ALL V C Andrews books one day.
Mizzashley
Sep 07, 2009 Mizzashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mima
Kind of predictable from what I read of other V.C. Andrews books. However, this one was interesting and did keep my attention. I just don't understand why Willow put herself in such a situation. Why don't these characters tell the truth straight up? Maybe then it would be such an suspenseful story.
Mary Reed
Read years ago.
Kathryn
Sep 21, 2013 Kathryn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first instalment in the DeBeers saga falls rather flat.

Willow DeBeers is a college student who has just discover that her adoptive father is also her biological father. She is the product of a liaison between her father and one of his psychiatric patients. And that's really about the most credible part of the book.

If the authors intention was to shock readers, he certainly succeeds through melodrama, flat characters and unbelievable situations.
Lindsey
Oct 01, 2015 Lindsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I haven't read one of her books in ages. This one was pretty good, but not quite the tragedy that I remember.
Dawn
Nov 13, 2008 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: V. C. Andrews Fans.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of V. C. Andrews books.
This is the first book in the Willow series. Good read, but not my favorite series by this author. Her first couple of series were the best. A ghost writer has been writing under her name since her death. They have kept the same topics that she wrote about(abuse,incest, etc.). I will probably keep reading these books, but I think it is time to let V. C. Andrews rest in peace.
  • V.C. Andrews: Her Life and Books
  • Blood Roots
  • Dark Carnival (Serenity Falls, #3)
  • Subversive Beauty
  • Nina Todd Has Gone
  • Secret Life of a Scandalous Debutante
  • Because of You (Because of You, #1)
  • Journey
  • Love's Passion
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Finding Me
  • The Cost of Living
  • With Lots of Love from Georgia
  • Cry for the Strangers
  • On The Road To Mr Right
  • Forever Claimed (The Claiming #3)
  • The Dead Room (Harrison Investigation, #4)
  • Murdered, My Sweet
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...

De Beers (5 books)
  • Wicked Forest (De Beers, #2)
  • Twisted Roots (De Beers, #3)
  • Into the Woods (De Beers, #4)
  • Hidden Leaves (De Beers, #5)