Start by marking “Special Forces: Soldiers Part I -Director's Cut” as Want to Read:
Special Forces: Soldiers Part I -Director's Cut

Special Forces: Soldiers Part I -Director's Cut (Special Forces #1 part 1)

4.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  897 Ratings  ·  141 Reviews
Special Forces is an epic work of military gay erotic fiction.

The three cycles Soldiers, Mercenaries, and Veterans were written between April 2006 and November 2008 and have 70 chapters in total, comprising around one million words (the equivalent of around 15 full-sized novels). It is only suitable for an adult audience.

This is the epic story of a Soviet Spetsnaz soldier
Published March 14th 2010 by 44 Raccoons Press

To ask other readers questions about Special Forces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Forces

Monique ~ Sinfully
Nov 22, 2012 Monique ~ Sinfully rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Monique ~ Sinfully by: Lenore
Excellent..is not powerful enough to describe it! 5 stars is an insult..this book is in a class all on it's own!

eroticart-f89c0e17a33ce05871934cc61f1b9dee_h-1

I was told by my dear friends who have walked this path before me that this series is all encompassing! it will take over your life!....with all thoughts of a normality whilst reading being dismissed as impossible!

OMFG!-after falling in a heap, a jibbering wreck of my former self and having discussed it with said friends in a previous thread, this book should come with the following:
Blacky *Romance Addict*
"The man wanted him. Might not know why, or when, but there was something pure and wild and feral in this. Something perfect."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am emotionally drained. Don't know if it's a good thing, but I do know that this will be a book that I will NEVER forget as long as I have a functioning brain inside my head.

Now I really really wish my English was better, because I just don't know how to describe this book. It is just EVERYTHING. The range of emotion this put me through... and every single one of them
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
Review completed October 19, 2012

Photobucket

Dan. Always.

"All is fair in love and war."
by Francis Edward Smedley

First read of the Director's Cut in October 2012.
I've read the original version in August 2011. A huge and heartfelt thankyou to Kelly, Blacky, Steph & Heller for doing the buddy-read with me! <3

5++++ stars.

Fantastic! A-mazing with a capital A. I think it's even better the second time around.
Honestly, Soldiers just blew me away once more.

Special Forces is the story of a Scottish SAS sold
Anna  (Bananas!)
Jan 08, 2013 Anna (Bananas!) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: suckers, people who like torture, romantic souls
Recommended to Anna (Bananas!) by: F'ing everyone and their mother
Edit: NOT recommended for Voinov newbies. Fall in love with something else by him first. Then tackle this monster.

This book tortured me and all I got was this t-shirt.

Photobucket

I've barely finished Soldiers and already I'm starting to make the kind of heartfelt, sputtering, confusing comments to SF virgins that SF fans used to gasp at me before I read this book. For example:

It's such a tough read but it's worth it!
You will hate these characters AND love them!
It's unforgettable and painful and emotional
Lena♥Ribka

Re-read, 2014-01-06

********************************************

A masterpiece.

The best book ever.

A bible for all MM-genre fans.

A must-read before you die.

There are no words that can ever do justice to this book.

I wish I could describe it...

Dan and Vadim are always in my heart.

The best couple ever.

It was for sure not my last re-read.

****** Original review 2013-08-07 ****************

MUCH MUCH MORE THAN JUST 5 STARS!

I won't say WOW!

Because it is not enough.

Because it sounds trivially. banally,
Apr 23, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Laura by: Christina
Shelves: favorites
“those who dare, win”

What have I gotten my heart into? This book completely took over my head, heart, and soul. I’m in deep!
Special Forces tells the story of two enemies who dare to risk, feel, change, and love. My heart and emotions were pulled into an intoxicating, brutal, raw, punch-to-the-gut epic journey that made me cringe, swear, smile, care, crave, and love.

Meet Vadim Krasnorada and Dan McFadyen. Both men are soldiers with their country’s elite special forces stationed in Afghanistan in
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
I cannot even begin to describe in words how amazing this book is.

Vadim and Dan have a relationship built on revenge, hate, passion and lust!

Sworn enemies fighting for their country as members of the army, where to be gay is a complete no go area. They had everything going against them!! Not to mention the awful incident which occurs at the beginning of their emotional journey towards love and each other!

This is an emotional, painful and harrowing book. History is a subject I prefer not to
Aleksandr Voinov
Apr 26, 2015 Aleksandr Voinov added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
This is the improved "Director's Cut" version. I fixed about a million typos, factual mistakes, clunky point-of-views shifts, mistakes in word choice and pacing issues that were overlooked in the original edit. To edit well, I need to get distance from the text, which can take a year or even two. This is the version that represents my vision of the text.

In terms of changes, the text ends a little earlier than the original "Soldiers", so it can stand on its own. The final battle in the hotel has
Kaje Harper
Jul 09, 2012 Kaje Harper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, m-m, intense
This has to rank among the most intense books I have ever read in this genre. As it opens, both MC's are somewhat unlikeable men, particularly Vadim. The ability of the authors to make me care so intensely about a man who starts the book as a rapist, murderer and casual assassin of innocent children is remarkable.

The relationship between these MC's is like no other, violent at its core, intensely sexual, and yet gradually becoming caring, loving and by the end tender. Everything in the world co
Sammy Loves Books
Damn the Kaleidoscope of emotions Dan, Scotish SAS, and Vadim, Russian Spetsnaz, have put me through this past week.

Vadim Krasnorada

I damn them because I am too young to have read, quite possibly the most tragic yet most beautiful love story of my time. All love stories will forever be measured against Vadim and Dan, and I am most certain that they will all be out classed.

Spetsnaz

Voinov and Marquesate have managed to express, allowed me to feel, more intense emotions than I ever have while reading. These emotions have
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*
*Buddy Read with Pervy Melissa and Panda Amanda*

~Review For Soldiers Part I and II~

6+++ Brilliantly Amazing Stars

I don't even think I can think properly after reading this book. My thoughts and emotions are in utter chaos. It was a heart achingly beautiful story of two unlikely men that fall in love. Dan McFadyen is a Scottish SAS Soldier and Vadim Krasnorada is a Russian Spetsnaz Soldier. Both are at war in Afghanistan. Both are enemies.

We're both lost, comrade, he thought. We are in a war we
Chippy *Moves Like Jagger* Marco
Danny boy, yum...

description

Before reading this book I only had one favourite author, an intense writer that had my heart racing, my shackles up, and my eyes glued to the page. Mr Voinov has now been added to that very sort list of authors who know how to shock, but in the most riveting ways. I absolutely loved this book, and would've ploughed through it faster if I had a Kindle. But unfortunately I had to read it sneakily at work and at home when I should've been spending more quality time with my other h
Loederkoningin
Uh oh! Soldiers just took my m/m virginity.

(edit: and therefore alone I need to re-read this to, I think, fully appreciate it)

And what a brutal, violent, intense and bloody hot read this was. Right up until page 200-something that is, after which I slowly started losing interest. Soldiers takes off in the most violent way possible, when Russian soldier Vadim and SAS soldier Dan meet during the Soviet war in Afghanistan in the 80's. They are both hardened Alpha males and instant sworn enemies. N
Elizabetta
Reading Special Forces/Soldiers by Aleksandr Voinov almost feels like a rite of passage. Let’s just say its reputation precedes it – it is a must read in the m/m romance genre, it is a long, gut and heart-wrenching journey that requires an investment of time and courage. But oh, is the journey worth it. With great skill this author takes us from an initial brutal act between our two protagonists, Dan and Vadim, that sets them up against each other in a struggle for vengeance and dominance; and t ...more
julio
Nov 29, 2012 julio rated it really liked it
Spectacular. Diabolical. Masterful. Irresistible fiction. I'm hooked. Damnation and hellfire: I'm so hooked. Onward.
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Aug 18, 2015 Britta ★ Nachteule ★ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody who wants to read fluff.
Recommended to Britta ★ Nachteule ★ by: A whole bunch of lovely people!

**********BR with Mel. Starting May 2nd**********

***********************************

Preparing...

...big fluffy blanket for comfort? - Check!
...Gin, Gin and some more Gin? - Check!
...tissues (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)? - Check!
...lots of chocolate? - Check!
...pillow to punsh or cuddle if necessary? - Check!
...enough Tonic Water for the Gin? - ... Aaargh! *runs off to the supermarket*.... Check!

***********************************

So... Since this is just the first part of the book, I decided to review it a
Heller
It's not often that I read a book that just grabs me and keeps me under its spell until I'm compelled to finish it. I felt that with this book.

It was so brutal and sometimes so insanely intense that I had to look away from the page to compose myself before heading back into the fray.

The setting for this story is Afgahanistan during the Soviet intervention and runs over the subsequent withdrawl from the country.
It's 10 years in the life of Dan McFayden, a Scottish SAS soldier and Vadim Krasnor
Tina
Jan 15, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military
What an awesome book! It was painful brutal, violent, heartbreaking, intense and fantastic. Particularly the psychological aspects of the book captured me and I couldn't read it without being affected by it. I am really running out of words to write a comment in English. So I'm going to make an exception and review the book in German. I'm in absolute need for my native language here (that's a first :)

**************

Okay, ohne die vielen positiven Kommentare hier bei Goodreads hätte ich die Specia
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
Updated Jan 2015

Without Doubt My All Time Favourite Book Ever

TWO ENEMY SOLDIERS......HATRED. LUST. FUCKED UP EMOTION.

When I managed to unclench my fists and my gut stopped churning at the raw brutality of this story and it progressed I found myself addicted to Dan & Vadim.

The man was like a tropical thunderstorm, he thought. The very heart of thunderstorms, not the rumble and flash, but a proper, all encompassing, world-will-end thunderstorm.

Filled with Want. Need. Longing.

I am now le
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
I think my original read was of the unedited version. But here I've read (or reread) the polished version. Just as eye opening, gut wrenching and life-invading as the first time. But with new understanding, yet just as many questions.

Straight on to Part II

BTW, this is one of the rare occasions that GR needs more stars. Many, many more.
Gina
Jul 30, 2013 Gina rated it really liked it

I am not sure how to review this, but to say it was dark, intense, raw, cruel, brutal, heartbreaking and totally addicting! The writing was superb and the story kept me glued, I absolutely could not put this down.

The story takes place during the war in Afghanistan from 1980-1989, Soviet Spetsnaz soldier and a Scottish SAS soldier. Vadim Krasnorada and Dan McFadyen. These two men are enemies and meet under violent circumstances. I don't want to give any of the story away, but I have never read an
Sara
Sep 28, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
Um.. I stumbled across this book in a list and saw the unreal rating and thought to myself "no book is THAT good.." and even more when I found out it was given away free, being a capitalist I tend to stray towards you get what you pay for. So I set out to prove all the reviews wrong.. OH BOY, I was the one who got proven wrong. This story feels so real, it's gritty, raw, brutal and left me feeling like I'd had a one to one with Mike Tyson internally. I have read M/M before but never where the re ...more
Christina
So I've been debating whether or not to review this book because I don't think I have the proper words to do it justice but I'm going to give it a shot. Special Forces: Soldiers is the first book in the series, followed Mercenaries I, Mercenaries II, and Veterans. It's probably one of the best books I have ever read.

People call it Epic and I agree there is no other word to describe it. This is a roller coaster of a ride. Don't expect to read this and not run the gamut of emotions. It is intense!
Taylor
It's a long journey to redemption. Soldier up for the ride.

I picked up this story expecting it to break me. I thought I was prepared. I was so very wrong. By page fifteen, I wanted to throw my iPad out the fucking window. I didn't think I would be able to relate to these characters, or get over the gut wrenching start to the book. I kept going only because I trusted in my GR friends, and if anything, I had to see how in the hell it would all come together.

Soon, I realized I had to take myself,
Lou~❧Powerless Over 1-Click❧
OMG...
I have officially flipped ... cried ... and snotted. What a fantastic, tragic, realistic, fascinating, gutwrenching, mesmerizing, brutally violent, heartstoppingly sad, thought-provoking, unbelievably romantic, and emotionally draining story of war, honor, survival, and most of all love. And that was just Part 1. I want to read the next book, Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I immediately, but I can't because I have other challenges and BRs. DAMMIT!

Here's my soundtrack for first time Dan
Lelyana

***Spoiler alert!***

5 heartbreaking-f***ed my brain- stars!

“Give me your word, you will live for me, whatever happens. Even if I never see you again. I need to believe that somewhere, out there,you are alive.”

One rape

One kiss

One blow job

One shot

One making love

"“Don’t.” No. Fuck, yes. No. Fuck! “Don’t stop.” Truth was a bitch without tits.
“Wouldn’t want to get killed for this, you know.”
“Won’t.” Dan pushed his hips back, into the face, hands gripping the stone slab with white knuckles. “Wil
Mel
Feb 17, 2011 Mel rated it it was amazing
note: This is the review for the edited version of Soldiers.

Despite all the upcoming praise, this review won’t do the book justice. Not by far. But I’m still going to try and explain why and how much I liked this story.

It was FANTASTIC! Mind-boggling. Brutal. Horrific. Amazing. Sweet. Heart rending. Most of all: it was intense. One can’t read this book without being affected by it.
Vadim and Dan capture you from the very beginning. And not in any charming and fluffy way. These men are tough, ha
Feliz
Nov 26, 2012 Feliz rated it it was amazing
Love hurts, no kidding. I've never cared so much for two fictional characters I detested so much.

This was an outstanding read, unsettling, compelling, gory, intense, brutal, heartbreaking, powerfully written and impossible to put down.

Interesting writing style--often, it consisted of short, chopped half-sentences strung together. This should've made for short-winded reading but didn't since every single word carried meaning, transported emotion or pushed the action forward. Same for the frequen
NiteReader
5 Brillant Stars
I'm dumbstruck by how much I loved this book.
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Not a review, just pouring my heart out after the first 11 chapters of Soldiers.

How long does it take for two rocks to collide until they're shaped to fit against each other? This is probably one of the most physical books I've read, not only because the two characters express each other through and their relationship is shaped by their physical encounters - from rape through fighting to sex which borders very much to making love even if they don't know it yet - but also because the writing is v
The Challenge Fac...: Kelsey & Lou - Special Forces 241 27 Oct 26, 2015 06:15PM
Director's Cut 1 5 Jul 31, 2015 04:33PM
Finished it-- but now I need a support group 7 101 Aug 12, 2014 05:28PM
  • Fade (In the company of shadows, #4)
  • Quis Custodiet (The Administration, #5)
  • Deliverance: Hooch and Matt's Story
  • The Last Rebellion
  • No Beginning, No End (Stockholm Syndrome, #3)
  • Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run, #7)
  • Jesse's Story (The Slave Breakers, #2)

Special Forces (4 books)
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)

“Vadim felt Dan’s breath against his chest, shifted his legs to allow him to lie close, and pushed a fold of the blanket back to make sure Dan was fully covered. Dan. Always him. Always, and again and again.” 17 likes
“This way, at least, we get to meet and kill interesting people.” 10 likes