Start by marking “Andrew Lost On the Dog (Andrew Lost, #1)” as Want to Read:
Andrew Lost On the Dog (Andrew Lost, #1)

Andrew Lost On the Dog (Andrew Lost #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  29 reviews
When Andrew’s latest invention, the Atom Sucker, goes haywire, Andrew and Judy are shrunk down to microscopic level! Andrew and Judy find themselves lost on their neighbor’s dog, where they encounter everything from colossal fleas to crab-like eyelash mites. Now they have to find their way back to the Atom Sucker and get unshrunk before it’s too late!

From the Trade Paperba
Published July 16th 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published May 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Andrew Lost On the Dog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Andrew Lost On the Dog

Amber
My six year old science loving son absolutely devours these books. He likes to read but often chooses to play instead...these books have changed that! He is fascinated and delighted by them! I love seeing him with his nose in a book!
Lara Ivey
Andrew Dubble is a ten-year old inquisitive boy who loves to invent things. He has just finished creating the Atom Sucker when things go terribly wrong. He and Judy, his 13 year-old-cousin, end up being shrunk and the adventure begins. The neighbor, Mrs. Scuttle, has a dog named Harley. The two kids end up on Harley and learn all about a dog’s smelling ability, sneezing speed, and even eyelash mites from THUDD. THUDD is The Handy Ultra-Digital Detective that comes in quite handy to Andrew and Ju ...more
Bdalton
This is a cute story similar to "Honey, I shrunk the Kids" movie. The main character is Andrew, a boy inventor. His sidekick is a pocket sized robot that his uncle game him. His partner in adventure is Judy, his cousin. Andrew takes his new invention, a machine that shrinks things outside and it accidentally is triggered shrinking Judy and Andrew who find themselves on Harley the dog. There are lots of scientific information about dogs throughout the story and at the end of the book in an append ...more
Kirei
There are several things that are frustrating about this book!

1) A key character is a robot. The robot talks in weird fragments and mispronounces words. For example, Andrew became "Drewd" and Judy became "Oody." This is just so dumb and confusing. The robot is the one who tells Andrew and Judy interesting facts about science. "Dog roll in stinky stuff. Stinky stuff hide doggy smell."
While reading this book, I changed Thudd's words in to normal English.

2) The ending is REALLY bad because it is
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
I must admit...I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked this book. It was kind of fun. Andrew accidentally shrinks himself, his cousin, and his robot buddy to insect size and they end up on a neighbor's dog. The reader learns a ton about dogs and people (their senses, and information about skin). However, the book ends with a "to be continued". Really? A to be continued? Many early readers don't always have access to sequels...and this one ends on a "cliff-hanger" of sorts. What happens wi ...more
Matthew
This is not my favorite piece of science fiction, but it would work well as a beginning science fiction series. Andrew Lost shrinks his cousin and himself and must navigate the world as miniscule speck on his dog's nose. It's one of those series that doesn't wrap itself up at the conclusion of the first book, so the series has to be read in order. The annoying sidekick machine called THUDD spits out endless information to aid them, but he speaks a rudimentary caveman-like version of English that ...more
Andrea Dillon
Started reading this series with the kids (age 4 and 5). They really got into it but we all kinda got creeped out by the things we learned (follicle mites ewww...interesting but EWWW). Starting the second book soon!
Kellie
Sep 28, 2014 Kellie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Karen
The science concepts included in the very short texts is quite interesting and could help encourage non-fiction readers to read fiction.
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
My 7 year old giggled her way through this book. We learned a few things that even I didn't know. Eyelash mites for example. Look it up. Not while eating, though. (Lesson learned!) Cute and educational. Already picked up next book in the series for her.
Kelly
Although this series is non-fiction, there are tons of great science facts. Very funny and enjoyable for my 4&8 year olds.
Bmack
This is a paperback series book that is geared to first and second graders. It is about a young boy named Andrew who loves to invent things. In this book he invented an amazing shrinking machine. Andrew and his cousin Judy find themselves shrunk to the size of specks when his machine accidentally goes wild. They actually land on the neighbor’s dog and Andrew’s pocket robot, Thudd, who is like a walking encyclopedia, fills us in on all kinds of fun science facts about dogs. A very cute series and ...more
Nobies57
Andrew's latest invention is an Atom Crusher that basically takes the empty space out of atoms and, in doing so, shrinks things. Of course he and his sister and his pocket computer, THUD, wound up shrunk and in the nose of the neighbor's dog. The book teaches science concepts in a fictional story format. In this one we learn all about hair folicals, skin flacks, dust mites and other types of microscopic skin things. It's cute and might be a nice break for Magic Treehouse readers.
Christin
Sorry for those of you who don't care about kids books but I am always looking for something good that both of my boys will like and understand and hold their attention. They seemed to really like this book. It had a lot of pics which was good for Rylan and was easy for them both to understand. It had little science facts throughout that Brycen really liked. The only downside is that it ended to be continued so I think that the books have to be read in order.
Sara
As a mom, I thought it was "eh". I appreciate the combination of zany fiction and science factoids, but the execution is, well, "eh". I especially don't quite get why the robot has to communicate in baby talk. This being said (and more importantly) my 7 year old gobbled it up and is ready for the next, and my 4 yr hung on for the whole ride. So, Andrew Lost in the Bathroom, here we come...
Kate Hastings
Grades K-3. RL 500. A friend recommended this series for my son who is a picky reader. This has all the gross of captain underpants and all the education of magic tree house. I love the science facts that are tucked into this really hilarious story of a boy, his friend, and a robot that are accidentally shrunk down to the size of something smaller than a pencil point.
Joenna
Part of "Andrew Lost" series. When ten-year-old Andrew invents a shrinking machine, he does not expect to be sucked into the machine along with his cousin Judy, only to end up in a dog's nose.

Similar to Captain Underpants with gross humor. Reminds me of Magic Tree House Human Body, but without the "in your face" educational facts.

Rachel Graft
My son and I found this book at the local bookstore in town in the kids section. Ryan enjoyed his first novel.

Book 1 On The Dog is very interesting and THUDD is pretty cute - Ryan likes how he speaks - MEEP!!!

on to Book 2 In The Bathroom - we need to find out how Andrew (Drewd) & Oody (Judy) Unshrink themselves.
Shelley
I've been reading this series with my boys, and they LOVE these books. Part adventure, part science, these books have been so engaging for my boys. They read each one, then want me to read it out loud to them at night. So if you've got young boys, you might want to give this series a try.
Indah W
Ini buku sebenernya bagus and seruu.. cuman part yang ngeselinnya itu adalah karena pas lagi seru2nyaa.. BERSAMBUNG KE BUKU SELANJUTNYA!! *grr.com*!!

Oh iya, btw.. mantapsnya buku ini adalah karenaa.. secara ngga nyadar jadi belajar ilmu anatomi tubuh anjing :p
J
Kind of lame that this book has no sort of resolution. You have to read the second book - and, as it turns out, the third and fourth book - to find out what happens to the protagonists. Get this at the library, don't pay for such a blatant trick.
Jen
Note to Bonny--this is another fun series for the adventures! This is science based--each book deals with a kid learning lots about science through his random experiments. I remember this one having lots of (gross)nose related info.
Trace
Jan 03, 2013 Trace marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I think my 6yo science-y kid would get a kick out of this series once he finishes the Magic Schoolbus books.... or if anyone has any other early reader suggestions for science-y kids, I'm all ears...
Karen
Fun book. I did enjoy this one. But the story is left undone! Now I HAVE to read the next one! I think Annabelle enjoyed it too, but I don't know for sure! I'll have to ask her sometime.
Aj
A decent read-aloud. My kids love Thudd. A few science facts that they glean. And - apologies to the writer - I can kinda read it on auto-pilot.
Caren
These have to be read in sequence, which is fine, but the book leaves you hanging which is just a damn gimmick for little kids.
Tiffiny
My 10-yr-old son read this at school and really liked it. Apparently he read a few in the series today!
William
We probably will not continue with the next stories in this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #4)
  • The Stories Julian Tells
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Cracks the Case (Encyclopedia Brown, #24)
  • Emmaline and the Bunny
  • The Shrinking of Treehorn
  • Stallion by Starlight (Magic Tree House, #49)
  • The Giants and the Joneses
  • Just Grace and the Snack Attack (Just Grace, #5)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • Knights of the Kitchen Table (Time Warp Trio, #1)
  • Valley Of The Giant Skeletons (Geronimo Stilton, #32)
  • The Chalk Box Kid (Stepping Stone Books)
  • It Came from Beneath the Bed! (Tales from the House of Bunnicula, #1)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
Andrew Lost In the Bathroom (Andrew Lost, #2) Andrew Lost In the Kitchen (Andrew Lost, #3) Andrew Lost In the Garden (Andrew Lost, #4) Andrew Lost In the Whale (Andrew Lost, #6) Andrew Lost On the Reef (Andrew Lost, #7)