Start by marking “The Mammoth Book Of Paranormal Romance 2” as Want to Read:
The Mammoth Book Of Paranormal Romance 2

The Mammoth Book Of Paranormal Romance 2 (Mammoth Romances)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  585 ratings  ·  46 reviews
If love transcends all boundaries, paranormal romance is its natural conclusion. This title features over twenty tales that transport you to the worlds in which mythical beasts, magical creatures of various shapes and sizes, heart-stoppingly handsome ghosts, angels and mortals with extra-sensory powers live out extraordinary desires.
Paperback, UK Edition, 528 pages
Published August 26th 2010 by Running Press & Constable Robinson

To ask other readers questions about The Mammoth Book Of Paranormal Romance 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mammoth Book Of Paranormal Romance 2

Caitlin
Sharon Ashwood's "Fragile Magic" was my favorite story. It is apart of Sharon's Dark Forgotten world but with different characters. Selina is a half-fey art dealing accountant who is finding her magic side but that goes up in smoke when she accidently adopts an adorable gargoyle, Gary. However, Gary needs a vet who happens to be a hottie Dr. Jake who has some wolfie tendencies.

Ava Gray's "Princes of Dominion" was not my favorite. It was a ok novella. An angel enters the human world to see a beau
Jennifer Schaper
The short story, “Fragile Magic,” appears in the Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2.

I haven’t read all the stories in this anthology yet, so I’m not going to review the entire thing. I just wanted to talk about this particular story by Sharon Ashwood because I really liked it (way more than the few other stories I read in this anthology).

In “Fragile Magic,” the main character rescues a baby gargoyle. He is injured, and she has to find a veterinarian. The man she takes him to is a werewolf, alb
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
I was surprised some of the stories ended up here since I felt they didn't have romance in them. Oh well. Like all anthologies, some catch you at the first sentence, others leave you bored. The ones I read and liked (at least a little):

Princes of Dominion-

Huh. Historical, not sure where it is set. Not a world that I would want to live in. This is an angel story (not that big on these). The angel falls in love with a woman and falls (of course they do!).

Spirit of the Prairie-

This was one of my f
Ann  Lorz

This book was very good. I really enjoyed the Sharon Ashwood and Sherri Browning Erwin's stories the best. It's worth the read.
Deena
I often have trouble with short stories because it feels like they don't tell me enough. But most of these were at least 3 stars, and there were only a few that were lower than that. The collection as a whole deserves a story-by-story review, but I'm not going to do it right now. I'll say that the Carriger story was weak and disappointing, I already knew the Karen Chance story and never thought it one of her best, and the Ilona Andrews story demonstrated that outside of the Kate Daniels universe ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
Eh, you know what, I am skipping most of these. yes I can read short stories, would I choose to? No, because they are short and I need to be interested in the first sentence. This one is for the future since I do not want to hog it for 6 months.

So I have not finished it but I read a few I liked

To Hell With Love – Jackie Kessler
Eh, boring. Witch, ex-husband, sis in trouble *yawn*

Princes of Dominion – Ava Gray
Now this one I liked, an angel meets a woman and falls for her. Historically set and what
Melindeeloo
Not too many vamps or were-folk in this second volume of The Mammoth Book of Paranormal romance. Instead - angels, witches, and demons share the spotlight with a few more unusual paranormal creatures. Many of the authors offer tidbits from their series and several authors including Lara Adrian and Gail Carriger offered something completely different - I was hoping for a [[ASIN:0553589377 Midnight Breed]] and a [[ASIN:0316056634 Parasol Protectorate)]] short. I was actually familiar with all but ...more
Carolyn F.
Another example of where an anthology with too many stories becomes a chore to read. The 2nd half finally started to grab my interest but I wanted so much just to put this book in my "couldn't finish" stack. I'm proud that I hung in there (patting myself on the back). I only rated 15 out of the 17 stories. 3 stars average.

To Hell w/ Love by Jackie Kessler. Caitlin's sister opens Caitlin's memory box and is stuck. Now Caitlin & her ex have to rescue her. Sweet story. ***

Prince of Dominion b
Sarah Marie
The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 edited by Trisha Telep

4 stars

I’ll review this similar to how I reviewed The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance. I was looking forward to this collection since I had enjoyed the last one so much. I felt that this one fell short of its predecessor and it could’ve been better… way better.

To Hell With Love by Jackie Kessler

2 stars

When Caitlin’s sister opens a gift that was meant for Caitlin from her ex-husband, Caitlin and her ex must travel into her sister’s

Trianna Hyde
With a book of this size i didnt think i would like as much of it as i did. i have read these kinda books before and there is usually one story i dont like. that was not the case with this book. Because there are so many stories im just gonna go story by story and do a lil blurb.

To Hell With Love by Jackie Kessler: A gift from a woman's ex-husband goes to her sister trapping her in a memory, she must call on her ex-husband to help free her. The former love between a witch and a warlock is reopen
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Bethany
This second volume of the Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance featured a variety of stories about angels, fairies, Greek gods, merpeople and a few demons. While there were one or two stories featuring vampires and werewolves there weren’t that many which kind of disappointed me. However despite this I really enjoyed this selection of stories and found most of them really entertaining, some of them have convinced me to check out some of the authors other works.

There were some of the stories were a
Linda
A big collection of Paranormal short stories. A bit dull in the beginning, i almost didnt finish but it was much better in the second half. 3,5 Stars. More good reads than bad. Im glad i didnt give up.

Jackie Kesslers To Hell with Love, an envelope gets delivered to the wrong sister and the witch Caitlin needs to rescue her sister from a memory gift from her ex. Worth the read.
Ava Grays Princes of Domination, Camael, a Seraphim, falls for a human, Rei. He seduces her and leaves, not knowing her t
Penelope
Firstly, I shall say that the four stars are for the two or three stories I actually completely read, not the boon itself. Secondly, does it count as being read if I skimmed through the whole damn thing ?
It is books like this one that make me really glad I like paranormal YA books better. The first three stories in the book I skipped, and I regret nothing. Why, you may ask? Well, because I don't want to read a story where after twelve seconds of meeting a delicious looking man, your tenderloi
Sandra
Apr 04, 2011 Sandra marked it as to-read
To Hell With Love (Jackie Kessler)
Princes of Dominion (Ava Gray)
Spirit of the Prairi (Shirley Damsgaard)
The Demon’s Secret (Nathalie Gray)
Marine Biology (Gail Carriger)
Zola’s Pride (Moira Rogers) - (Southern Arcana #2.5)
In Dreams (Elissa Wilds)
The Gauntlet (Karen Chance)
The Getaway (Sonya Bateman) - (Gavyn Donatti series)
Mr. Sandman (Sherri Browning Erwin)
The Sin-Eater’s Promise (Michele Hauf)
Fragile Magic (Sharon Ashwood)
Nightdrake (Lara Adrian)
The Sons of Ra (Helen Scott Taylor)
Cami
If I had to pick one word to describe this book, it would be "Boring."

For the most part, this book was a snoozer. There really wasn't much romance to it, which is very surprising due to the title. This book was definitely a disappointment. While I admit that I prefer novels to short stories, I do read shorts expecting to find several (or at least more than one) authors I would like to read more of. In this case, I only found one story that I wanted to explore further, and the author hasn't writt
Regina
Like most anthologies, this collection was hit-and-miss. Astonishingly, what I missed the most was - romance! A lot of the stories featured some very nice beginnings of friendships, but I would hardly call them "romance".

A few highlights:
"To Hell With Love", by Jackie Kessler - can love, once lost, be regained? The plot itself was secondary to the undercurrents between the main couple. It was a solid kick to the heart.

"Marine Biology", by Gail Carriger - wow. An in-the-closet gay, in-the close
"NightDrake" - Lara Adrian
"The Sons of Ra" - Helen Scott Taylor
"Eve of Warfare" - S.J
Darcy
I only read a few of stories out of this book.

Moira Rogers' story was set in the world of her Southern Arcana series with some new characters. I hope that we see more of them in future books.

Sonya Bateman's story was with her series, Gavin and Jazz go away for a weekend and things go wrong like always with them. How they resolved things was surprising.

Sharon Ashwood's story was great, I really want to get a gargoyle, especially if I can find a hot vet like Selina did.

Christine Hayes
very few of the stories were good. what a waste of four dollars.
K
After enjoying the last Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romace, I was looking forward to this one. And although a few of the stories were intersting and enjoyable, the rest of stories for me were just ok. I don't know if it's because I was not familiar w/ the author's (as w/ the first book where I knew a good majority of them), or the writing style and stories themselves. If asked, I would not recommend this book to others.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Well this is disappointing. After reading the first one where it had authors I knew and enjoyed, this one was a dud. Even the Karen Chance one didn't do it for me and I like her stories. The only one I liked was Gail's with the merpeople and Alex the gay alpha wolf. I'd like to read more about that one! I barely sloshed through this book. Maybe it's better for others. For me, I didn't like it and barely kept awake.
Caitlyn
Quite a few of these short paranormal stories had potential if they were novel length. This would have given them the space to build the world and the romance without feeling ridiculous. Not one was a great short story, some were written well, some had great imagination, some had a good romance but none combined all important elements which is what I expected. Disappointing.
Annie
As with most anthologies, quality varies. I have problems with stories based on existing series / worlds which I don't know. It requires too much effort to get into the world to really care about the story.
My favourite stories in this collection were:
'The demon's secret' by Nathalie Gray.
'Marine biology' by Gail Carriger.
'The sin-eater's promise' by Michele Hauf.
Hamsaveni Vigneswararao
This was an excellent collection of stories,and I know since I'm a big fan of the genre. There are different types of supernatural creatures and relationships here to please just about anyone, I think. However, I did find myself rushing through a few of the stories, perhaps because they weren't really my cup of tea.
Shay
This book contains tons of middling to stellar stories. I was entertained for days and seeing as I often blow through books in an evening or two, that's a lot of stories. They are shorter faire, so there wasn't the time to do the character deepening that I generally prefer, but still enjoyable.
Brit
Very enjoyable anthology with a cool take on paranormal romance that was all original and diffrent even with common paranormal creatures like werewolves, vampire and witchs but also went into the completely rare paranormal. It was great and very enjoyable.
Prima Donna
I think this book entirely missed the point of the title: romance. Some of the stories were just plain tragic, which was not what I was in the mood for. I had a hard time getting through it, and that was with picking and choosing the short stories.
Tamsin
Another handy collection of short stories I've been reading on the kindle app on my phone as and when i get stuck in a queue or on the bus. Some stories i enjoyed more than others, and again have a list of new authors to check out.
Naomi
I don't really know what to say about this collection of stories. I really enjoyed a few of them but i found the rest just mediocre. It took me 3 days to finish the book when usually i read a book every day!
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • The Wild Side: Urban Fantasy with an Erotic Edge
  • Chicks Kick Butt
  • Full Moon City
  • Those Who Fight Monsters: Tales of Occult Detectives
  • A Glimpse of Darkness
  • Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5)
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #2.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Bewere the Night
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Huntress (Cin Craven #3.5, Black London #1.5)
  • Dark and Stormy Knights
  • By Blood We Live
  • Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5)
  • Black Beast (Shadow Thane, #1)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.5; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
Trisha Telep was the romance and fantasy book buyer at Murder One, a London crime, mystery, and romance bookstore; she's now co-owner of the virtual bookstore www.murderone.co.uk and an editor of romance and supernatural anthologies for Mammoth. Originally from Vancouver, Canada, she now lives in London.
More about Trisha Telep...

Mammoth Romances (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2: Love Bites
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance (ACRO, #1.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance
  • The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance: Volumes 1 and 2
The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances

“I still love you," Aaron says softly, "I wish I can just turn it off, or that it would have faded away. I wish I could say I'm not the same man I was when you left me, that I've changed. But I am who I am, Caitlin. And all the magic in the world wouldn't change that.” 3 likes