Start by marking “For All Time” as Want to Read:
For All Time

For All Time (Time Travelers #4)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,465 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Annie Lockwood is testing Time. She’s traveled through it before, but always at Time’s bidding. Now she is asking Time to take her to the year 1899, when Strat is in Cairo. But Time doesn’t like to be tested. In what feels like a cruel joke, Annie is transported to ancient Egypt, thousands of years before Strat was born — to a world far removed from the one she knows. Mean ...more
Published January 21st 2009 by Laurel Leaf (first published October 9th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about For All Time, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Carol
Picked this up because I couldn't just read 3 out of 4 books in a series and stop. Well I should have. It wasn't nearly as charming as the other three and the plot seemed to be all over the place. Still good for some nostalgic middle schoolish reading though.
Jordan Rodgers
Caitlin
May 18, 2008 Caitlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen
I adore the Time Travel Quartet by Caroline B. Cooney. I've been looking for this last book for about a year and a half now and finally discovered it at a library book sale for fifty cents. What a steal for a day's worth of borderline-trashy teen entertainment! The very end of the book was a bit of a disappointment, but I think I'll live. Totally worth my effort.
Donnell
Feb 07, 2015 Donnell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Where the first book of this series felt, at times, that a story was being stretched to fill space, this book felt jammed packed with adventure. Talk about your sweeping canvas--a tale with three settings, in three different time periods, yet all linked to two people and Ancient Egypt.

We are there in Ancient Egypt and get a real sense of the dangerous, scary, sunbaked place it was. Also, nice twist to have travelers--from different times--meet in a third time. Still, though, there would be the
Victorianromantic
Dec 23, 2008 Victorianromantic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the satisfying ending I imagined for this series, but good writing all the same.
Jenny
Sep 19, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last four books that I've finished have been Cooney books, so sorry Cooney, but this review will be brief. Basically, I liked that this book is about Annie and Strat again. I like the locations of Ancient Egypt, 1899 Egypt, and 1999 at the Egypt exhibit in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Very clever. I like the ending and the way it ties together the loose ends of the series. Well done, Cooney.
All in all, I recommend this book and this series, but I would skip the third book. It doesn't seem
Gaele
Jul 01, 2014 Gaele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
actually 3.5 stars
I was intrigued by the synopsis of this story, thinking it would be a lighter and less wordy approach of an Outlander story. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE those books, but I don’t always have the 2 days free to pleasure read 1000 pages, even though I have read each of the released books at least 6 times. I love the idea of time travel, and the added bonus of being able to direct where you go is intriguing and gives a sense of control to the characters. So I was excited to read th
N.N. Light
Annie Lockwood is a time traveler and she's yearning for her beloved, Strat. The only problem: Strat's in Egypt 100 years in the past (1899). She pleads with Time to send her back to Egypt so they can be together. Life is never that easy, as Annie soon learns, and Time transports her to Ancient Egypt. Will she and Strat ever be together?

In a brilliant conclusion to Caroline B. Cooney's time-travel series, For All Time is a gem. While this is book four in the series, it can be read as a stand alo
Chelly
Everything was good in the beginning, with great build up, and I liked the new characters and happy happy but the end WAS TERRIBLE...it was so completely pointless and I was indescribably UNhappy. It was almost like I wanted to undo reading the first one because, like I said, POINTLESS
Carmen
Feb 21, 2009 Carmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a surprising ending for the serie but very good indeed.
Elizabeth
These books did NOT have a happy ending
Amy Schmalbach
Dec 31, 2015 Amy Schmalbach rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-again
This book appears to be viewed as the weakest of the series, but I've always rather liked it. I love the ancient Egyptian setting that Annie finds herself in - it was very vividly portrayed by Cooney and I enjoyed the adventure. The action in this was well-paced and exciting. I also liked the new characters Renifer and Camilla - it was nice to get some fresh perspectives.

What also made this book enjoyable was the fact that Strat and Annie were separated for a good part of it, so there wasn't so
Melissa
Jan 12, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story! I love historical fiction and the inclusion of the history of ancient Egypt adds a lot to an already fascinating time travel tale. Of the four books I think I like the 1st and 4th ones best. The character Camilla in this story really resonates with me (as we have something big in common: being 6 ft. tall). I know her pain, and I truly rejoiced for her later happiness.

I also love that there are good and honorable people in this book. Some of the others have really made you scorn huma
Sandra Strange
Part of a series concerning the time bending duo: contemporary teen, Annie Lockwood, and her true love, Strat. This novel combines time travel with 19th Century Egyptian archaeology with 2000 B.C. Egyptian culture and life with 19th Century robber baron ethics (or lack thereof). The story is an adventure romance. The female protagonist travels back to the 19th Century to find the boy she left behind after an earlier adventure. Meanwhile, the boy works on an archaeological dig in Egypt anonymousl ...more
Adonna
Jan 04, 2016 Adonna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After starting this book I realized it was the third book in the series, but it wasn't sufficiently compelling for me to go back and read the others. It was set in ancient and Victorian Egypt, so that was the draw for me and I don't think the other books in the series have much to do with Egypt.
Suzanne Dix
May 19, 2014 Suzanne Dix rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guilty pleasure - reminds me of an Elizabeth Peters novel! Fast-paced and an easy read. I have this in the sci-fi section but it is a better mystery.
Heather
Sep 10, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4th and final book in this series - I enjoyed this series of time travel and love. Easy to read!
Jessica Mitchell
Jessica Mitchell, 11
For All Time
2 stars

Yep, this one takes the cake for the worst Caroline. B Cooney book of all time. (see, see what I did there?) I couldn't even concentrate one what was going on in the book and the overall plot was very confusing. I even read most of the other books in the series. Still confusing!
I couldn't get through this book, which would usually give a book only one star, but this book had a little bit of 'potential' if Caroline spent a little more time and effort on it.
Nickie
Okay, so you know how at the end of book Strat tells Annie he is going to Egypt, but we the audience know he really takes Katie and goes to Spain? And it creates all the suspense about how Annie will never know what happened to him? Cause he didn't actually go to Egypt, so she is looking for records in the wrong place?? Well it is all for not. Cooney just wrote him into Egypt! Problem solved. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Such bull. And then the end...so disappointing. Exactly why I was so hesitant to rerea ...more
Sharon
Jan 29, 2011 Sharon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Probably would of liked it better if I had read the first three in the series but because it was on the shelf when I wanted a quick read - I read it before I discovered it was the 4th and last in a series.
That said, it tells the story of 2 people falling in and out of time and how their lives and loves are connected.
I think it is meant to be a YA book, heavy on romance and not really anywhere close to a 'science' fiction book abt time.
All in all - a good read for someone younger or more romanti
Romy
Apr 13, 2016 Romy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, time-travel
really good and lots of adventure!
Lindy
Apr 28, 2015 Lindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Book 44

261 pages
Ginnie Grant
As always with time travel novels they can be confusing but the heart of Annie and Strat as always wins me over. I am unsure as to how I felt about their ending but I did enjoy the question hanging in the air when she noticed "future strats" watch was full of sand. I am glad that Camilla and Dr lightner found happiness though I wish Devonny would have been more mentioned in the conclusion as well as Katie. and I wish hiram sr had gotten more comeuppance. I wish she would write just one more book ...more
Ann Babcock
May 31, 2014 Ann Babcock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT!
Marit Thostenson
Jan 01, 2014 Marit Thostenson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received the whole series from a library giveaway, I believe and was eager to read them. I don't know why I haven't read the fourth until now, but really did like it. The ended disappointed me a lot more than I thought it would. Strat didn't seem the same to me as he did in the other books, but overall, I think it was a very good book.
Kay
Jul 06, 2013 Kay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magical-realism, 2013
A much more interesting cast of characters, with several new ones introduced and more or less well developed (considering genre & context of writing). Fast-paced action with very short chapters. A little jumpy, but awesome nonetheless. I liked the descriptions of ancient Egypt, though the people in that time seemed the most like caricatures (in comparison to modern-day and Victorian times). Bit of a silly ending, but I think it was a good way to end the series.
Donna
Apr 04, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was definitely an interesting way to end the series. I loved the glimpse into Egypt in that time period. It was an odd ending though. Was that really the Strat that Annie knew and loved? Why doesn't he seem to remember anything if he is the same one? I loved this series and would definitely recommend to all the romance lovers out there.
Julia
Nov 14, 2012 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, childhood, drama
Jenny
Jan 22, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen
Annie tries to rejoin Strat in 1899, but winds up in Ancient Egypt instead. Strat is a photographer for a dig in Egypt, and discovers a mysterious tomb. Strat must escape the clutches of his evil father and join Annie in Ancient Egypt before she is sacrificed. Will time ever allow the two lovers to be together?
Melissa
Jul 07, 2010 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am upset to learn that this was the 4th and final book in the series. I didn't realize that when I picked it up at the library. I do want to go back and and read the first three books though, after I finish the pile of books that I picked up from the library the past few days.
The Ending 3 31 Sep 25, 2011 08:05PM
  • Timeless Love
  • Going for Gold (Angels Unlimited, #10)
  • The King of Mulberry Street
  • Sixpence Bride
  • The Deep End of Fear (Dark Secrets, #4)
  • Titanic: The Long Night
  • My Timeswept Heart (Blackwells, #1)
  • Orphan Of The Sun
  • San Francisco Earthquake, 1906
  • Circles in Time
  • So Far From Home: the Diary of Mary Driscoll, an Irish Mill Girl, Lowell, Massachusetts, 1847 (Dear America)
  • Bushwhacked Bride
  • The Chance of a Lifetime
  • The Sleeper in the Sands
  • Sunrise on the Mediterranean (Time Travel, #3)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Snowfall
  • Time After Time
Caroline Cooney knew in sixth grade that she wanted to be a writer when "the best teacher I ever had in my life" made writing her main focus. "He used to rip off covers from The New Yorker and pass them around and make us write a short story on whichever cover we got. I started writing then and never stopped!"
When her children were young, Caroline started writing books for young people -- with rem
More about Caroline B. Cooney...

Time Travelers (4 books)
  • Both Sides of Time (Time Travelers, #1)
  • Out of Time (Time Travelers, #2)
  • Prisoner of Time (Time Travelers, #3)