Start by marking “The Master's Mistress” as Want to Read:
The Master's Mistress

The Master's Mistress

Hired to catalog the Sullivan House library, Elizabeth Brown is in her element. Books she can handle. Men--well, she's a little less experienced in that department. She's certainly not at all prepared for the unexpected arrival of the master of the house, Rogan Sullivan!Rogan is dark, dangerous and wickedly sexy--exactly the kind of man Elizabeth has read she should stay ...more
Published May 18th 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Master's Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master's Mistress

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
What I liked about this book:

*The hero Rogan is American and he is ex-military. He is not a billionaire businessman (so bored with them). He is a man of action (and elusively mysterious). And he has long hair. He's very sexy!
*The heroine Elizabeth is has a doctorate in history and is a professor. She is a bibliophile who likes to snuggle up with a steamy vampire romance in bed to wind down at night. She is an older virgin, and is not a twit about it (who loses her knickers just because the hero
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
I'd give this book a higher rating. But Rogan was a touch too much A$$hat for me. Every spat ( and believe me there were many) followed the same pattern. It would start off with equal verbal barbs being thrown, then he'd taunt or distract her, then he'd find some way to twist everything so that she felt sorry for him out of the blue , caught off guard she'd sputter apologies, he'd throw salt in the wound a bit since he now had the conversational upper hand, to eventually stalk off with a parting ...more
Lynn Spencer
As a reader with a large TBR pile, I have more than a few books that have ended up in my house even though I have no clue how they got there. The Master’s Mistress, a 2010 release from Carole Mortimer, is a case in point. Since she won a Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement award at this year’s RWA conference, Mortimer was definitely on my radar. I’ve read her books in the past, but probably not since college.

I didn’t realize that I had any of Mortimer’s more recent books, but I found a signed copy
May 25, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
I've decided that I don't like 'soft pad of his thumbs' or any similar phrase. That phases is used a few times and in another Mills & Boon book, it jumps out at me.

Also (view spoiler)
Melissa
Not sure why she liked him other than physical attraction. No way would she had fallen in love with him if she was more experienced in relationships with men. He was mean and everytime they were close he taunted her about it to embarass her more.

I like my heroes to be a little bit nicer to the heroine than this, pretty disappointed.
Anna
Feb 23, 2011 Anna rated it did not like it
There are so many things I could dislike about this book, but what was really disappointing was the fact that she wasn't *really* a librarian, she just did some cataloging on the side in order to hide from the deep trauma of her childhood.
Tonya Warner
Dr. Elizabeth Brown dreams of a tall, dark, handsome man. Rogan Sullivan is that and then some. The Rogue leaves the librarian all hot and bothered.

An excellent story.
Stephanie
Jul 06, 2015 Stephanie rated it liked it
I enyojed the reading,and the Hero and Heroine were likable characters most of the time, but I didn't like the end, it felt too rushed. It was ok overall.
Fabiola Chenet
Mar 28, 2015 Fabiola Chenet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Très bien, le début était marrant et les piques entre les héros étaient sympas à suivre. Il y en avait un peu trop quand même mais j'ai aimé qu'aucun des deux ne baisse les bras facilement.
Damilola D. Olateru
Not sure how I felt about the book

It just seem like there was a lot of unnecessary secrets. Like the hero being secretive about his job (so unnecessary).
Ada
Mar 10, 2014 Ada rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El final un poco flojo, digo, no se presento tanto drama como en otras historias. Sin embargo la esencia romántica del libro se conserva, un buen harlequin para una noche de lunes.
Alicia
Alicia rated it did not like it
Sep 01, 2013
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
Miah
Miah rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2014
Tizah
Tizah rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2012
Rosie Bridgeford
Rosie Bridgeford rated it did not like it
Apr 30, 2016
kw07
kw07 rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Jessica Mayner-bowers
Jessica Mayner-bowers rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
Alexandra
Aug 04, 2013 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5
Very enjoyable read at the end of a very tiring day !
Vicki Johnson
Vicki Johnson rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Janet Robel
Janet Robel rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Purki Gultekin
Purki Gultekin rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Ann B. Culbreth
Ann B. Culbreth rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Carla Toledo
Carla Toledo rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2014
Noelia
Noelia rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Emily Stitt
Emily Stitt rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Heartless Rebel (Bad Blood, #5)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • Protected by the Prince: The Weight of the Crown
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Passionate Scandal
  • Roccanti's Marriage Revenge (Marriage By Command #1)
  • Just One Last Night
  • The Riccioni's Pregnancy / Bayi Keluarga Riccioni
  • Bride in a Gilded Cage
  • Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #2)
  • A Night with the Society Playboy (Nights of Passion #3)
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • A  Royal World Apart (Call of Duty, #1)
  • The Italian Duke's Virgin Mistress (Harlequin Presents, #2933)
  • The Night that Changed Everything
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...