Start by marking “Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie” as Want to Read:
Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie

Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie (Orchard Valley #1-2)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,219 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Valerie rushes home to Orchard Valley, Oregon, when her father, David, suffers a heart attack. She and her two younger sisters, Stephanie and Norah, are gathering at his side, praying he'll live, fearing he'll die….

At a time like this, falling in love is the last thing on Valerie's mind. And with Dr. Colby Winston, of all people! He's David's heart surgeon, a re
Published May 25th 2010 by Mira (first published May 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Orchard Valley Grooms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orchard Valley Grooms

Megan
Thought I rated this already.... finished it awhile ago. I find Debbie Macomber extremely irritating because people routinely fall in love and get engaged after knowing each other for LITERALLY 3 weeks! Completely ridiculous!!!
Rachel
Amazed I made it through this one.
Drebbles
“Orchard Valley Grooms” consists of two books by Debbie Macomber that were first published in 1992. The books are about the Bloomfield sisters (Valerie, Stephanie, and Norah) who have been living separate lives but come together again when their father suffers a serious heart attack.

Valerie:

Although she grew up in quiet Orchard Valley, Oregon, Valerie Bloomfield is now a high-powered businesswoman who prefers city life. Her career comes first although she suspects she may eventually become roman
Tiffany
The first story in this book feautures all of the three sisters but focuses on Valerie. I enjoyed the plot and the relationship that started building between Colby and Valerie. In the beginning you get the background on both and then their fears for each other. But not many pages all of a sudden we have a repeat of all the same exact information that was told to us in the beginning. Things were repeated so much that I was frustrated. Debbie Macomber doesn't usually repeat information too much un ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was a book split into two parts about sisters finding their future husbands. It begins with three sisters getting the dreadful news that their beloved father is having a major heart attack and needs critical surgery. In this book, the romantic lives of Valerie, and Stephanie are told to us. The fun element is that Daddy, during his clinical death, has a grand talk with his beloved, Grace...the girl's Mother, and learns not only the persons the girls will marry, but when and how many childre ...more
Dawni Henry
I enjoyed this book. I liked how Valerie and Stephanie stories were written from their perspective during the same time. I'm excited to finish up with Norah's story!
Amos
Two good related romance novels about North Western Oregon, Don't know much personally about Houston or New York. But I remember climbing Multnomah Falls back in the late 1950s or early 1960s with a group sponsored by a member of the Sierra club. Sadly I had no great love around at the time. Maybe I was a bit young but still a teenaged boy...
book of MB now to pass on to SHB... And I did visit Portland several times in the late 1950s.. From my reading Cherries were a popular and profitable fruit
Minnie Olson
pretty typical romance novel
Penny Newton
I bought three of her books about 2 years ago but have yet to read them. I have moved in with some friends and my household items are in storage. Including those books. I all of a sudden waneted read them. So I purchased on at hastings. Once I began reading it I couldnt put it down. I read it in a very short time. That is a short of a miracle for me. I am adhd (I Think) and reading a whole book is like not even thought of in my brain. But I could not put this one down. It has lit a fire in my re ...more
Kim Hampton
Two books in one, both about the Bloomfield sisters. When their father David suffers a heart attack, all three of his girls rush home. The oldest, Valerie, discovers she's falling in love with her father's doctor. The middle girl, Stephanie, runs into her old flame and discovers that three years away hasn't changed her feelings. Both stories are great reads, and I can't wait to read the last book in the series about their youngest sister, Norah.
Beverly
Another good one from Debbie!!!!!
Renee
Another of the MIL stash. I would never have seen, much less picked up, this book if it hadn't been for her. While this might not be the best book I've ever read, I can now understand why Macomber is such a popular writer -- in fact, I might look for her books now and again. Admittedly, I also have a soft spot for books about a big-city protagonist who moves to a small town. That's probably part of why I liked the next book too.
Virginia Markhart
Debbie Macomber is usually one of my favorite authors, This book was a disappointment. Bought it at Walmart in Willows CA on my way to Covelo CA. I struggled to complete the first half which was about Valerie. It was just too cheesy for me. The second half was even worse. Stephanie was just pretty much pathetic. So glad to be finished. The book calls for a sequel surrounding their sister, Norah. I will not be reading that one.
Lbaker
Every time I pick up a book by Debbie Macomber I know there will be a happy ending, a romance and the amount of pain will be limited.

The only problem is I'm always a little embarrassed to be seen with these books - I know it's me, millions of women read these books, they're like popcorn, light, fluffy, and hard to resist! But I still prefer to be seen reading dark chocolate books - deep, moody, not too sweet, and a little messy!
Rebecca Dean
Just an OK book. I don't seem to get into Debbie MaComber's books. After I read them I can't remember what they were about without reading the back of the book. Her characters aren't very well developed so I really don't even remember them.
Sad, really. I wish they were better books.
But.... I do love the cover of "Orchard Valley Grooms", very appealing.
Heather
This was my first Debbie Macomber book and I was less than impressed. I made it through the first half of the book (Valerie), but it was painful. By the time I got to the second half I decided I didn't care at all about the story and just quit reading it. I'm not one to give up easily on books so that says a lot. I doubt I'll try another Macomber book.
Patricia Solla
This book contains the stories of two of three sisters finding romance. Something happens to their father that prompts family togetherness in a crisis. The result is an interesting combination of the father having a 'out of body' experience and the sisters finding husbands. The characters are charming and well developed.
Katrina
I think I would have liked this book better if the two stories were told simultanously. The Valerie book and Stephanie book covered the same time period so I kinda felt I was reading about the same events again while reading the second book. It still had good characters that I cared about so it was still well written.
Bj Hoover
I did enjoy this old book combination of Valerie and Stephanie because I hadn't read them before. Now I want to get a copy of Orchard Valley Brides to complete the tale of the other sister, Norah, and of Sherry. Debbie Macomber always finds the good in people and tells stories in a way no one else does.
Lani
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think I would have liked Orchard Valley Brides: Norah\Lone Star Lovin' if I would have listened to this book first.
Dawn Naughton
Fun summer read. Although I typically steer clear of the "Romance Genre", Debbie Macomber is the exception. Interesting characters, good story lines; not the typical mindless "romance novel". Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story when "Orchard Valley Brides" comes out.
Annette
Jeg er altså ikke amerikansk nok til at kunne tage det seriøst når hovedpersonerne ææælsker hinanden efter tre ugers bekendtskab og bliver enige om at gifte sig, for det er jo det rette at gøre, også selv om man ikke engang har været i seng sammen. Fy da føj, en gang kvalm sødsuppe
Nancy
Orchard Valley Grooms is the story of 3 sisters who are called home because their father's heart attack. While home they meet and are reunited with new or past loves. Nice book for a quick read. Valerie,Stephanie and Norah are strong characters and very believable.
Susan Mabus
Oct 26, 2010 Susan Mabus rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes romance stories
Recommended to Susan by: no one
Shelves: o, macomber, favorites
I thought it was a good story. I also liked it because I like debbie macomber's books Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie
Sucoxon
Three short stories about three sisters that occur at the same point in time. Seemed a little redundent after the first one and very much so by the third. I've liked her longer stories but not these short storied, but I've never been a fan of short stories.
Susan (susayq ~)
3.5 stars.

This included 2 different stories. Valerie's story was an angsty read. Stephanie's was angsty, but not nearly as much as Valerie's. I imagine I'll have to find their sister, Norah's now just so I know who she ends up with LOL
Lauri
I liked this better than Orchard Valley Brides, and Stephanie better than Valerie. Their father's insistence on talking about his dream again and again - if I had been Stephanie or Valerie, I would not have been sympathetic.
Nina
It was a quick and easy beach read. It did not require much thought, so this novel could be finished in a matter of days. The book was fun. She also did a pretty decent job with the imagery. Overall, it was a cute and easy story.
Barbi
Yet another feel good story. I love the author's descriptions of the characters and how she is able to make you care about the characters so well. I do hope there is another book with Norah's story.
Jan Romes
I enjoyed Orchard Valley Grooms! Valerie is big city, Dr. Colby Winston is small town. Love stories where the characters have to dig deep to discover what they want. Debbie Macomber delivers on this one.
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year/'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Amazing Gracie
  • Ex, Why, And Me
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • The Black Sheep and the Hidden Beauty (Unholy Trinity #2)
  • Footloose (Bellagio, #3)
  • The Irish Devil (Devil, #1)
  • Desert Rogues Part 1
  • Racing Hearts: A Calculated Risk\An Outside Chance\This Time Around
  • Our Little Secret
  • A Little Light Magic
  • The Watson Brothers (Watson Brothers #1-3)
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons #2)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Orchard Valley (3 books)
  • Valerie (Harlequin Romance, No 3232)
  • Stephanie: An Orchard Valley Story
  • Norah (Orchard Valley Trilogy)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)