Start by marking “The Encyclopedia of Celtic Mythology and Folklore” as Want to Read:
The Encyclopedia of Celtic Mythology and Folklore

The Encyclopedia of Celtic Mythology and Folklore

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This reference offers a broad overview of the elements that constitute and characterize Celtic mythology and folklore. Approximately 1000 entries cover such topics as mythic figures; heroic figures; narrative and epic cycles; sacred places and objects; and theories and controversies.
Published January 31st 2004 by Facts on File (first published December 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Encyclopedia of Celtic Mythology and Folklore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Encyclopedia of Celtic Mythology and Folklore

Shannon Lorraine
I love this Encyclopedia. It is a world of knowledge towards Celtic history and information. Many of the creature and their story's, as told by my grandmother, are inside and I get to hear and learn about them on much more knowledgeable grounds.
The information is endless and I even learnt a few things, I had missed through my Grandmothers skittish approach to storytelling, about the stories I grew up with.

Such an interesting read. I recommend it to anyone who loves a little fairy-tale and who
Gwen
Awesome detail
Marjorie
Marjorie marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Neverdust
Neverdust marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Jefther E.
Jefther E. marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Adrienne Beronio
Adrienne Beronio marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Aidan
Aidan marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Hester
Hester marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Wisdom Web Networking
Wisdom Web Networking marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Heather Perkins
Heather Perkins marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Hannah Faye
Hannah Faye marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Raven
Raven marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Lady Samantha
Lady Samantha marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Jessica Kivlehen
Jessica Kivlehen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Richard Fortune
Richard Fortune marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Jharna
Jharna marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Red-Haired Girl from the Bog: The Landscape of Celtic Myth and Spirit The Goddess Path: Myths, Invocations, and Rituals The Goddess Companion: Daily Meditations on the Feminine Spirit The Book of Goddesses & Heroines Wild Girls: The Path of the Young Goddess