Stopping Time, Part 2 (Wicked Lovely, #2.5 Part II)

Stopping Time, Part 2 (Wicked Lovely #2.5 Part II)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,447 ratings  ·  69 reviews
In the continuation of Stopping Time, Leslie's darkest past has caught up with her. Now, she must figure out how to keep the fey she loves safe—and how to save herself.
ebook
Published March 23rd 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Stopping Time, Part 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stopping Time, Part 2

Wings by Aprilynne PikeWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrThe Iron King by Julie KagawaThe Iron Daughter by Julie KagawaFragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Best Faery books ever.
25th out of 113 books — 166 voters
Harry Potter by J.K. RowlingThe Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerAdrian's Lost Chapter by Richelle Mead
Extras
31st out of 103 books — 86 voters

More lists with this book...

Jillian -always aspiring-
***FAIR WARNING: This review includes spoilers for not only this story -- but also the books Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity***

Part I rating: Five stars
Part II rating: Four stars
Final/Overall rating: Four-and-a-half stars

Now to the review (which is more like commentary):

Wow.

Does it sound strange that I DIDN'T totally understand the Irial/Leslie/Niall love triangle before reading this? I knew Irial was bisexual -- or, rather, had a feeling from the way he talked in Ink Exchange to Gabriel and...more
Angie
Okay. I want you to prepare yourself for a bit of a déluge in the way of me describing to you just how ecstatically in love I am with this short story. Yes, you heard me right. Short story. What's that you say? You thought I already covered my love for Irial and Niall in my review of Radiant Shadows? Well, I thought so too. But then I stumbled across a little thing called "Stopping Time" and it became clear that this kind of love cannot be "covered" in a single review. Consider this fair warning...more
~Linda~
Hello, I am a Dark Court Junkie......... I am so glad that Melissa Marr penned this wonderful short story. I always wanted to know what happened to Leslie. Did she miss her Dark Court family? In the first half it was so wonderful to get to revisit our old friends, and then bamn cliffhanger!~!
So in part 2 I absolutely love the interaction between Niall, Irial and Leslie. It is like being a fly on the wall, getting a little insight about what happened to them after the end of Ink Exchange. And to...more
Corie
Hmmm, I liked this little treat (a free ebook download, thanks to the wonderful Melissa Marr). Both of these two parts of Stopping Time, are a continuation to a Ink Exchange, they take up where that story had left a the reader, me, wanting to know how Leslie, Irial and Niall, would work out their connections to each other. They were just a couple of quick short stories to help fill in the gaps.

I was glad for the reconnection, and liked how it ended, but I have to say, it was maybe not my preferr...more
Marija
If you were interested in reading more about the love triangle between Leslie, Irial and Niall, or you just wanted to know whatever happened to Leslie’s brother Ren, read this short story.

It picks up where Ink Exchange ends: Leslie has moved on with her life, in a new town, with new friends–yet she can’t entirely escape her past, nor can she forget her feelings for Irial and Niall. They too can’t forget her or let her go completely….

Great chemistry among the characters… was a quick read, yet s...more
BeguileThySorrow...
Leslie, Irial, and Niall's complicated love triangle is addictive to read about! They are without a doubt my favorite characters throughout the series, and I'm thrilled to be able to read about them after Ink Exchange because much like Iri & Niall, I was afraid that Leslie would leave and never come back! And that would have left my curiosity and need for a happy ending completely stymied and upset, lol
Sooo glad I get to read more of their stories!!
Julia Muldoon
Why did I read this:

So I read this immediately after I read Ink Exchange. I was so thoroughly engrossed in the characters, that and I simply had to know what happened. This is only a short story, but it’s a tale that needed telling and ties up a few loose ends.

Reaction/Review:

Irial had given his court to Nial, both out of love for Nial and Leslie, and because that love also made him a weaker King. Leslie is in college and pushing through on her own. It is hard, but it is her own choice. She miss...more
Heather
God, I still feel the heat from this thing and I read it more than 12 hours ago. I had forgotten how incredibly alluring Irial was. Thankfully, he is back in all of his menacing, enticing glory in Stopping Time Part 1 and2.
Leslie is slowing mending the shattered pieces of herself. It’s been months since she left the Dark Court and the two Faerie Kings that love her. And she’s getting better. But she still isn’t well. She made the right choice, in her mind, she knows that. But knowing that she ma...more
Kaysi
Kristina
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Leslie has been doing better since she left the world of fairies behind. With no more Irial or Niall, she might be alone, but she is safe. They are of course watching over her, forever bound together in a love triangle that none can escape. While Leslie and Irial had their time together, albeit with her in a drunken haze as she was the conduit for Irial to feed his people, she never got her time with Niall. While it's impossible that her and Niall could ever be together, could they perhaps stop...more
*~Sammy~*
This was a great ending to a great begining! I loved how when she found out who it was how everybody reacted and pretty much knew right away. Then Leslie and Niall. They throw me through a loop! Evertime! I love Leslie and Niall but no matter what happens they just run away from each other! I hate it, mostly cause I want them together, but of course that isn't what Leslie wants, so I have to sit and wait for them to finally meet somewhere in the middle. The ending of this really reminded me of...more
kari
May 02, 2011 kari rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, ya
This story delves into the relationships between Niall, Iriel and Leslie. Although Leslie has left the fey world and wants nothing to do with it, these two fairy guys keep an eye on her anyway, in some ways to protect her and in other ways because they both want her. It adds a bit of dimension to the characters, but honestly I'd have enjoyed the back story on each of these three characters so much more than this, particularly Niall's story which I keep waiting to read. So, a little disappointed...more
Part 2 opens with Irial's point of view. I remember not really liking him at all in Ink Exchange, but in this story I really do feel for him. The second half of the story continues with more angst, but it was good, and it got me psyched up for starting Radiant Shadows even though I don't think it focuses on these characters.
Amelie
Esta parte es la mas romántica.

Sin embargo no describen gráficamente lo que le sucede a el hermando de Leslie, pero si se puede hacer una idea de lo que podría ser, es mas bien lo que sucede con Niall y Leslie, puesto que ellos se aman pero nunca se lo han demostrado, como cuando estuvo con Irial, Leslie, por lo que Irial trata en de juntarlos, a pesar de que él ama a los dos, pero en cambio trata de hacer algo aunque duré solo una noche. Y de que los involucrados se amarán hasta que Leslie muer...more
Steph
Stopping Time is a novella about Leslie, Irial and Niall. Since Ink Exchange was my favorite book in this series so far, I really enjoyed this short story. These three characters are my favorite. I wish the story would've included a bit more about Irial and Niall, but overall it was an enjoyable read.

[Format Read: Adobe Digital Edition]
Carolyn
Audrey
Another piece from Marr that helps to tie up a number of loose ends in the Leslie/Irial/Niall storyline. It's a short piece -- only 35 pages or so -- but captures more of the "love story" that was really a driving part of Ink Exchange and (less so) Radiant Shadows. A little underdeveloped plot- and action-wise, I think, but still, definitely good for a quick jaunt back into this series. Looking forward to the next novel.
Morgan
**Kindle Read**

Still was not enough Irial (oh or Leslie and Niall). ;) The ending was definitely sweet though. I've never been a big triangle person, but these three have wormed their way in.

I was also glad of the resolution with the person threatening to expose Irial and Niall for who/what they are.

I still hope that we're not done with these three.
willaful
There were parts of this two-part short story that I found really intriguing, but the amount of repetition put me off. (How many times must the conflict be stated? At least once per paragraph, apparently.) It was a nice enough read for free and I would love to see Marr explore this love triangle more in the future. But a little more succinctly, please.
Dawn ross
A great in-between. We get to see what happens with Leslie after she leaves the dark court. Irial and Nial are determined to keep her safe and protected despite her wishes to be Fae free. I have to say that this was a little tear jerker which shows you what love makes us do on so many different levels. definitely worth reading. Two thumbs up.
Angelia Fransisca Rusli
Leslie finally knew who tried to threaten her -and her two beloved men. It was Ren, her brother. She had to find a way to safe herself and not to put Irial & Niall in danger.

I kinda liked how Marr was ending this novella. But I hope she would write more about Leslie-Irial-Niall, that would be interesting.
Nicole
I will admit that Part 1 of this novella did keep me intrigued enough to want to read Part 2. However, after reading Part 2 I feel like this story was a letdown.

Part 2 was a lot of redundant dialogue without any definitive resolution. I'm so glad I read both parts of Stopping Time when they were free!
Sara
Very good novella! Got me even more interested in the series. Although the author wrote on Amazon.com that you didn't need to have read "Wicked Lovely" to understand this book, and I disagree - having read that first really helped me understand this AND want to read more.
Darcy
The connection between Leslie, Irial, and Niall is such a great one and this little story proves that beyond a shadow of a doubt. They all have such a great love for each other even knowing that they aren't good for each other and sometimes stolen moments are all you have.
Ashlyn
It was nice to see how Leslie's story ends, as Irial and Niall are in the next books, but it was good to have closure on the relationships with these characters. Still love the fact that they were free and I didn't have to buy another copy of a book I already have to read it.
Julie Anderson
Enjoyed this 2nd part. There was closure, but I wasn't completely satisfied...I wanted more. I think that is the kind of writer she is. I better prepare myself for her next books and realize that "Happily Ever After" does not really exist in "Faery".
Griff
Yup...Still love Melissa Marr's writing and the world she has created. I am constantly enthralled with the emotion, devotion and intriguing reality she has created for us.

Thank you for the amazing story. And yes! please write more free e-novellas!!!
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Aww how cute! I really enjoyed these two short stories about Leslie, Niall and Irial. I really like Leslie and Niall as a thing and I hope to get more on them in the near future. I hope Melissa Marr writes another book on them or something. :-)
Marco
Why did I give this book 4 stars even though it's in a series I love? Because I wanted more. ") It's short and tries to bring some closure to characters in a previous book, but it still left me hanging. I really enjoyed reading it, though.
  • Duality (Guardians of the Light #1)
  • Soul Catcher (The Outsider #1)
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • The Shadow And Night (The Lamb Among the Stars, #1-2)
  • Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker, #0.5)
  • Primitive
  • The Sacrifice (Forbidden, #1)
  • The Wild's Call (Aspect of Crow, #0.5)
  • Sin's Daughter (Otherkin, #0.5)
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • Farraday Road (Lije Evans Mysteries #1)
  • Moonstone (Unbidden Magic, #1)
  • Exposure
  • The Real Enemy
  • The Lost Boy (The Iron Witch, #0.5)
  • A Turn of Curses
  • The Marquis (Gypsy Legacy, #1)
  • Shadow Fall (Shadow, #2)
5 stars= If I love you, I'll buy you a copy from this list of books. (Pls note, if you are my family or dearest friends, feel free to remind me to do so. I am lousy w remembering birthdays/holidays.)

4 stars= Don't even ask to borrow it. You should prob buy it though.

3= If you borrow it, you better not lose it, mangle it, or keep it too long.

2 or 1 star= I don't use these. If it's not a 3 star or...more
More about Melissa Marr...
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)