Start by marking “Quarterback Daddy” as Want to Read:
Quarterback Daddy

Quarterback Daddy (Suddenly a Parent #14)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  14 reviews

A party-loving sports figure is not an ideal parent in Alexis Brown's eyes. Too bad quarterback Dan Delito is the only parent her niece has. Alexis isn't in a position to raise the baby on her own, which means she needs Dan's help. And that means she'll have to make nice with the unsuitable man. Fine.
Much to Alexis's surprise, however, Dan is good with his daughter. He al
Published February 1st 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Quarterback Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quarterback Daddy

Francine
Linda Barrett has done it again… from heart wrenching to heart warming. This story throws two strangers together for the sake of a baby girl who they both love.

Quarterback Daddy begins with a newspaper clipping of the shooting death of Sherri Brown, who was nine months pregnant. From this heart griping tragedy, we meet Alexis Brown, Sherri’s sister and temporary guardian to Sherri’s newborn, Michelle.

Alexis, whose heart is completely captured by little Michelle, finds that with funds dwindling
Gail
Heroine is a newly minted lawyer whose very pregnant sister was murdered on her doorstep three months ago. The baby survived, and now that the heroine has her head on straight, she's going to try to find the baby daddy. The only name she has is the quarterback of the New England Patriots. She goes to confront him, and the conflicts begin. They're handled very well by Barrett (who I think lives in the Houston area). She deals with the hero's anger, and his need to take care of the baby and her he ...more
Mareli
non era male. Lei è la sorella della madre della bimba, ammazzata da un suo ex, le dice il nome del padre solo mentre sta per morire. Lui è giocatore di football professionista. Lei ha una storia di famiglia orrenda, padre alcolista e abusatore, madre indifferente, lui ha perso la moglie e beve. lei non si fida molto e ci metterà un po' a fidarsi. intanto va a vivere da lui come baby-sitter per la nipotina.

Not bad, she is the aunt of the baby, her sister was killed by an ex-lover. Before dying s
Laurie

Much to Alexis's surprise, however, Dan is good with his daughter. He also knows he needs help, so he convinces Alexis to act as a nanny until he gets this parenting thing down. And soon their uneas
Susan
Very good book. Alexis loved her niece, but needed help. It took her awhile, but she finally contacted the man her sister had named as the father. Dan thought Alexis was just out for money, but when he found out the baby really was his, he stepped up. He was great with Michelle, and loved her immediately. He wanted to be a good father. He talked Alexis into coming to stay with him and taking care of Michelle with him. Alexis was glad to do it, because she loved the baby too. She also wasn't conv ...more
Lori
OverallI liked this story but did have some issues with it. I would have liked to see Dan come to terms with moving on to another woman after his wife's death. For a guy who was so distraught he seemed to move into love with no problems. Even though we find out later his process for coming to terms we don't *see* it. Also, while I understand Alexis' reasons for being distrustful, I didn't buy how she became so willing to leave Dan without a true discussion of the issue. Although I did like ther ...more
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Thought it would be better than it was. I love a good football romance, but i was really hard to get through. It went from one story, to another...was kind of all over the place. And the way he spoke to her and she spoke to him....was too professional...hot football quarterbacks don't talk the way he was written. It was off. Not my favorite football romance!!
Marci
Alexis is struggling to raise her sister's baby. Her sister having been murdered by a previous boyfriend. The only problem is Alexis cannot financially raise Michelle on her salary. The solution contact Michelle's father who doesn't know he's a father. The kink Alexis looks like Dan's deceased wife. Will sparks fly between the two of them?
Carol
The story was a bit predictable, but there was some interesting information about football for those who don't really understand the game and also about alcoholism. Not great literature, but certainly far from the worst thing I have ever read.
Trisha Morrison
I enjoyed the light read. Romance with a football spin. Doesn't get much better than that.
Melissa
A great read that touched my heart. Dan, Michelle and Alexis make a great little family.
Erin
top ten worst books I've ever read. five stars for the lulz
Theresa
this book had me laughing & crying. excellent read. I loved it!!!!
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Mia Flores
Mia Flores marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Lupe Murillo
Lupe Murillo marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Andrea
Andrea added it
Feb 01, 2015
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Linda's emotional stories of contemporary romance have earned many industry awards through Romance Writers of America chapter contests. In 2011, Quarterback Daddy took first place in the Write touch Reader's contest while in 2010, Summer at the Lake did the same. Previously, she's garnered the Holt Medallion and The Award of Excellence among others. With laughter and tears, she touches the hearts ...more
More about Linda Barrett...

Suddenly a Parent (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Hometown Girl (Suddenly a Parent, #1) (Harlequin Superromance, #1258)
  • An Accidental Family
  • Family at Last
  • Home for Christmas
  • The Bad Son
  • The Baby Wait
  • The Diaper Diaries
  • Anything for Her Children: Suddenly a Parent
  • A Father for Danny (Suddenly a Parent) (Harlequin Superromance, #1515)
  • An Ideal Father
Family Interrupted HOPEFULLY EVER AFTER: Breast Cancer, Life and Me The Daughter He Never Knew Summer at the Lake The House on the Beach

“I want you to remember this—you and I are in this life together. All the way. We don’t run just because we get sacked a few times.” 2 likes
“You’re facing it now, and it’s never too late.” 1 likes