While She Was Sleeping... (Harlequin Blaze, #533)

While She Was Sleeping... (The Wrong Bed #50)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Alana Hawthorne is asleep. And she's having what can only be described as the Best Dream Ever. There's a deliciously hot guy, some pretty incredible moves and a conclusion that makes her toes curl. "Mmm...yes." But the next morning Alana is shocked to find her fantasy man--for real--sprawled naked beside her in bed.It only gets worse. The excellently hot Sawyer Kern is her...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about While She Was Sleeping..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about While She Was Sleeping...

Ana
Zzzz...oh, I'm sorry, I fell asleep reading this book. I thought Blaze titles were supposed to be sexy, am I mistaken? This book had all the sexual heat of grandma in her long underwear. The hero wakes up in bed with the heroine and mistakes her for a hot woman he'd chatted up at a party. He tries to wake her and when she doesn't...he goes down on her and jerks off in his hand.
Uh, rape anyone?
And that wasn't even what really bugged me about the book the most. It was dull. Way too much introspe...more
Sofia Lazaridou
3.5 stars. My only complaint is that while I was reading the book I felt as if the author was trying to sell us her next book with Melanie's story. Usually in romance books there is only 2 point of views and maybe a third but only for some info. Here Melanie had a large part of the book about her love life. If it wasn't for that then I might have rated the book with a bigger rating.

Paige
I honestly don't know why I didn't connect with this story.

Older sister Alana has always looked after impulsive little sister Melanie. With their mother being gone for months or years, she had to grow up quick.

Raised by their grandparents, Alana now feels it's her duty to move down to Florida to help them out as they grow older. Just before she moves, she learns Melanie has another BF who she claims is 'the one'...again.

She lets herself in the house she and Melanie share and heads to her room...more
Rose
I was surprised by how much I liked this, and not for the reason that you might think. The opening premise didn't intrigue me all that much, though I wanted to see where it went. Alana wakes up with a strange man in her bed, after unwittingly making out with him in the odd after-effects of a sleeping pill. He also just so happens to be a romantic interest of her careless sister. I thought it would be a stereotypical, over the top story, but it turned out differently than I expected. Decent sexua...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
I started reading this and thought, this is different. Drugged heroines? Having sex with the sister's boyfriend? Picking up women at a bar and then having sex with another? What exactly was going on here?

I've always liked the mistaken identity trope. But the idea of having sex with an unconscious woman is so not cool.

All is explained and the characters become much more likable. Well, maybe not Melanie the sister, but everyone else. If this book had been spread over 350 pages and the characters w...more
nurmawati

awalnya bagus....makin ke tengah dan kebelakang agak membosankan karena terlalu banyak nyeritain si melanie, adiknya alana yang gampangan dan gak boleh liat bad boys.....
alana sendiri seorang ce perfectionis yang dari kecil harus merawat adiknya, melanie krn ibu nya yang suka ganti2 co pergi ninggalin mereka di tempat kakek nenek alana...
punya ibu begitu bikin alana sangat takut sama komitmen....
suatu hari melanie bilang dia ketemu sama mr right dan mau merit....co nya namanya sawyer yang baru s...more
Terri Pray
This review is for the audio book as sold by Audible.

Alana, after a call from her sister about the new man in her life, decides to drop by the family home before she moves to Florida to look after her grandparents. Her sister has rotten tastes in men at the best of times, and Alana is determined that she's not going to leave for Florida with another bad choice living in their old home. Only her sister isn't there when she arrives and she ends up crawling into bed in her own room, which has been...more
Deirdre
While the relationship, once it got properly going was actually quite cool, the start of the book was problematic for me.

I'm putting this behind spoiler tags for sex and sweary language warning purposes.

(view spoiler)...more
Mojca
Alana Hawthorne’s sister is notorious for picking wrong men. So when she calls and informs her sister a guy she knows for only a month is moving in with her&mdahs;and happens to be The One—Alana is understandably skeptical and, afraid for her sister and her half of the house, she detours from going to Florida to care for her grandparents to pay a visit to her sister…And wakes up in the morning refreshed and relaxed. Not because of the two sleeping pills, but because of the naked guy in her b...more
Gabri.13
Ho letto questo libro qualche mesetto fa ... ma ancora lo ricordo per l'originalità della storia ... Mi è piaciuto tanto il modo in cui l'autrice descrive il contrasto tra il carattere pratico di lei e quello dolce di lui ... Davvero un bel libro ! Lo consiglierei a tutte le lettrici ;)
Christina
I enjoyed this book. The main characters were likable & easy to understand/relate to considering their issues. Nice, quick, & easy read. I'm not sure I'm really a fan of how the couple first encounters each other though.
Jamie DeBree
Loved it! There's so much self-discovery in this book...it really complimented the romance nicely. The characters are just fabulous - an all around great read. :-)
Sara
In this one, man and woman sleep together before ever meeting one another. Wacky!
Regina taylor
the book was hot
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 13, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Aug 05, 2014
Stacy Robbins
Stacy Robbins marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Nikoleta
Nikoleta marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 15, 2014
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Annie
Annie added it
Jun 26, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Isabel Sharpe was not born pen in hand like so many of her fellow authors. After she quit work in 1994 to stay home with her first-born son and nearly went out of her mind, she started writing. Yes, she was the clichéd bored housewife writing romance, but it was either that cliché or seduce the mailman, and her mailman was unattractive. After more than twenty novels for Harlequin, and the exciting...more
More about Isabel Sharpe...
Knit in Comfort As Good As It Got Women on the Edge of a Nervous Breakthrough Surprise Me... (Harlequin Blaze, #539) Just One Kiss