Start by marking “Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential” as Want to Read:
Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
Preview

Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Michael Bernard Beckwith -- the dynamic spiritual leader who touched millions of readers and viewers in The Secret and through the spiritual community he founded, the Agape International Spiritual Center -- is now sharing his transforming central message and his powerfully accessible means for embodying that message in daily life, a process he calls "aspiring toward spirit ...more
Published November 11th 2008 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Spiritual Liberation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Liberation

Ozma
This is a good book. I think the middle 3rd suffers from a lack of real examples to illustrate the guidance given. But it's a very spiritual book and is great to read if you want to improve yourself. These are some of the gems I can quote from it: "With the courage of a spiritual warrior, I enter my spiritual adventure armed with trust, openness of mind and heart, and surrender."

I also like this one: "Make me patient when I worry. Make me calm where there is strife. Make me loving when my heart
Kate
One jewel after another. Favorite parts:

When facing challenges in your life, ask yourself "What gift within me is seeking to emerge?"

"Anything from my past of a moment ago that would hinder [me] ... has returned to the nothingness from which it came. I do not have to coerce enlightenment to occur, I have only to welcome it..."

"As discursive thoughts arise that are no aligned with my intention, I calmly discard them without judgment. They have no power over me."

EVOLVED People:
* give thanks for wh
Erin
I have to admit I became acquainted with Beckwith first as a motivational speaker while watching a program on PBS called "The Answer is You". His delivery was a bit like listening to your typical evangelical preacher, but with the twist that his topic was a little broader--I mean, in what evangelical church are you going to hear a sermon titled "the answer is you" rather than the "answer is (God/Jesus/Salvation/Redemption,etc.)"?

I checked out this book as a way to gain a better sense of where B
Mozart
This book is worth your time. It is everything you expect: new age, religious science, positive thinking.. and all the other self-help mumbo jumbo,right?

Right... I think even more this book is calling us to our higher purpose, our communion with god/great mind/ and whatever is your spiritual tradition. Beckwith pontificates and his made up words can either be seen as obnoxious or humorous, but in the final analysis its not about him...

Its about spiritual practice. Time and time again, Beckwith
Maura
(audio) Michael Beckwith is definitely a preacher - and a good preacher if you like that style. Thankfully, his message is far from traditional and he delivers it with enthusiasm and conviction. This is well worth the time spent if you have any interest in developing a deeper understanding of the life of the soul and what we are doing here on planet earth :)
Keshia
This book was mildly interesting. The book seemed disjointed from chapter to chapter. There is insight to be found especially if you are new to new age thought but no new revelations if you've read other authors like Marianne Williamson, Eckhart Tolle, etc.
Noreen Auterio
Love Rev. Michael. To know him is to Love him. Going to get his next work: True Abundance. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Beth
Oh, you just can't get me to ever be critical of Reverend Michael. Ok, I'm biased since I attend Agape.
Missy
Get this- It is so deep, powerful, and meaningful I can't even talk about it.
Joseph  Naus
i love the rev, and if you haven't heard him in person, or at least heard a podcast, you should. he's the best orator i've ever heard. god, or whatever you want to call it/he/she, is flowing through this man.

the book is a little clumsy and not well organized, but it's still got the rev's energy in it. i'd recommend starting off with some basic ernest holmes so you have a base before reading this.

much love,

joseph
EMP
2.5 stars. Listened to this one. Read by the author and he has a nice, soothing voice. There were parts that I really enjoyed, but I find Beckwith to be a bit verbose and he sometimes takes a roundabout way to make a point. I had to fast forward through some of the affirmations at the end of chapters. They just went on and on and I found myself tuning out. I don't *think* I have ADD, but that's how I felt sometimes listening to this. :-)
Adriana
Feb 02, 2015 Adriana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Adriana by: adriannaa@gmail.com
At the time I first read this book I was not prepared for it's teachings. I found myself putting it down over and over again until it ended up on my shelf. Something told me not to give it away. It took me two years before I opened the book up again. And I have to tell you. It spoke to me. I couldn't put it down.
Christina Lynch
A book that is a great addition to any spiritual library. I borrowed this from our church library but enjoyed it to such a point that I will buy it for my own collection. Michael drives home and provides specifics of how to become more authentically centered and live from your true self. It is a book that is worth highlighting in and flagging passages for easy reference and uplifting. An enjoyable read and spiritually insightful.
Kathleen Perkins
I love Michael Beckwith and all that he stands for. I enjoyed this book, but found that so much of it was "recycled" from other books/New Thought
principles, so was a little disappointed and must confess to not reading it page-by-page, but rather skimmed it.
William Shank
Rev. Michael is truly something special. His contemporary style is perfect for the New Thought/Ageless Wisdom movement. Great read for those looking for the next level of enlightenment.
Richard Kirkwood
Michael Beckwith has become one of my favorite spiritual writers. Spiritual Liberation is mandatory for those seeking true freedom, inspiration (meaning powered by and for spirit) and healthy authentic spiritual growth. This book is Exceptional, especially during these times, because of its message. In addition,it speaks to us all, culminating so much more than worldly teachings in an easily informative & digestive way, presented with a voice of committed patience, love and the intention to ...more
Lisa
Many good quotes and affirmations. "I am divinely supported, and all things work together for my good" is one of my favorites from this book.
Heather
Loved this book. While some of it was a bit beyond for me ( as in a tiny bit wo wo) I really loved it. He talks a lot about meditation in this book as well and I am adding that to my daily habits!
I actually listened to as an audiobook, read by him he has a great voice so it was extra enjoyable
Sanna
May 13, 2009 Sanna is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Beckwith's style makes reading things you already know so easy and welcome. He makes up these words, like blissapline for discipline, and it captures the concept in a unique way. He brings a fresh perspective to the subject.
Olivia Christel
Every page contains pearls of wisdom to transform your life. I'm enjoying this even more by sharing it with a book study group. The group synergy makes it truly a spiritually liberating process. A must read!
J. Renee LaCour
Michael Beckwith shares incredible insights as to how to gain personal freedom and stay on the path of spiritual growth. It's one to read over and over again...the lessons keep revealing themselves.
Letitia
First audio book of 2014. It had some good concepts, however it was real new age California style. So that made it hard for this Georgia Girl to listen to and catch many of the concepts.
Faythe Swanson
I'm a fan of Michael Bernard Beckwith's &, of course, had to read this book. The title itself attracted me! I love how each chapter ended w/affirmations. An inspiring read!
Olwen
This book was a lovely, refreshingly humorous inclusion to my daily spiritual reading. Highly recommended for those on the path to greater self awareness.
Jason
the most inspiring, helpful, and approachable perspective i have encountered on the subject of enlightenment, absolutely empowering, and friendly
Donna
At first I thought he was a bit difficult to read, but as I got used to his style, I know this is a book I'll be reading again.
This is a powerful book - and unlike any other spiritual book I've read recently. Beautifully written!
Ro
Love, love love this book. Highly recommend if you are on a spiritual path.
Lyght Jones
Some great profound thoughts but not as good as I'd expect from Beckwith
  • Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity
  • The Science of Mind
  • Thresholds of the Mind
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection
  • Rants To Revelations: Unabashedly Honest Reflections on Life, Spirituality, and the Meaning of God
  • The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore
  • Spiritual Partnership: The Journey to Authentic Power
  • Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living
  • Your Sacred Self
  • The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity: A Simple Guide to Unlimited Abundance
  • Everyday Enlightenment: The Twelve Gateways to Personal Growth
  • Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration
  • It's Not about the Money: Unlock Your Money Type to Achieve Spiritual and Financial Abundance
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • Friendship with God: An Uncommon Dialogue
  • The Mandala of Being: Discovering the Power of Awareness
Life Visioning: A Four-Stage Evolutionary Journey to Live as Divine Love Life Visioning: A Transformative Process for Activating Your Unique Gifts and Highest Potential Living from the Overflow: A Practical Guide to a Life of Plenitude The Answer Is You: Heart Sets & Mind Sets For Self-Discovery 40 Day Mind Fast Soul Feast: A Guide to Soul Awakening and Inner Fulfillment

“I know that within you there is an energy of forgiveness that forgives me and sets me free. My words and actions have no power over you. You are free and I am free. All is well between our spirits. Peace is the order of the day.” 0 likes
“I forgive you and set you free. Your actions no longer have power over me. I acknowledge that you are doing the best that you can, and I honor you in your process of unfoldment. You are free and I am free. All is well between us. Peace is the order of the day.” 0 likes