Start by marking “Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer” as Want to Read:

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

4.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
ebook
Published March 11th 2010 by Pangur Ban Party

To ask other readers questions about Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

D.A.
Jul 22, 2010 D.A. rated it it was amazing
Would make a great companion read with Kafka, Bradbury, Ovid. The mind of the transformation here is what's daring; not the trappings of it. There are no splashes of contemporary angst over language. Rather, it is emphatically invested in its circus, the way Fellini is invested in his. This is not poetry that lingers over the kill, either. It makes its meat fresh and available for us, then moves on. Ah, it is youth itself.
Paul Siegell
Mar 15, 2010 Paul Siegell rated it it was amazing
THIS IS WHY > "Inside the space where its heart should have been, you retrieved a fistful of red confetti. You held your fist outside the cage and hummed as you released a paper roar."
Rauan
Mar 15, 2010 Rauan rated it it was amazing
More human (civilized/refined) but kind of like Aase Berg (With Deer anyways)..... really enjoyed these poems!... and they're free, on-line. just a click away.
Matt Margo
Aug 06, 2011 Matt Margo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star, poetry
I have (finally) read Paul Edward Cunningham's Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and could not be more disappointed in myself for not doing so sooner. The language in this ebook--and not just the sheer language itself but everything that the language carries and contains as well--is so moving, so undeniable, so evocative of so many different things, that I can't help but eagerly await reading whatever else Cunningham writes next.
Bobbi Lurie
Mar 22, 2010 Bobbi Lurie rated it really liked it
This is truly beautiful. I gave it 4 stars because of the end. It is identical to my film criticisms--but this is really a wonderful piece and I recommend it highly for its masterful language and imagery. I just didn't want to be told what the end told me.
Sassy
Sassy marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2013
Oedipax
Oedipax rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Feng Chen
Feng Chen rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2012
walter mackey
walter mackey rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2012
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2011
Richard Chiem
Richard Chiem rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2011
Zachary Bush
Zachary Bush marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2010
abcdefg
abcdefg rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
May 02, 2010
Noah
Noah marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2010
T.A. Noonan
T.A. Noonan marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2010
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2010
Mike Young
Mike Young marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2010
Karina Urias
Karina Urias marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2010
Grady
Grady marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2010
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2010
Lena Vanelslander
Lena Vanelslander marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2010
Rick F.
Rick F. rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2010
xTx xTx
xTx xTx marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2010
D.J. Berndt
D.J. Berndt rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2010
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2010
PAUL CUNNINGHAM is the author of a chapbook of poems, GOAL/TENDER MEAT/TENDER (horse less press, 2015) and the translator of two chapbooks by Sara Tuss Efrik: Automanias: Selected Poems (winner of the Goodmorning Menagerie Chapbook-in-Translation contest, 2016) and The Night’s Belly (Toad Press, 2016). He also authored two e-chapbooks of poetry: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (Pangur Ban Party, 2010) and FOA ...more
More about Paul Cunningham...