Start by marking “Fat Chance: Losing the Weight, Gaining My Worth” as Want to Read:

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Julie Hadden, one of the most successful and memorable contestant's from NBC's "The Biggest Lower," struggled with her self-worth--and her size--for years. At age 34, she found herself at a crossroads: would she settle for staying "big" te rest of her life, or would she insist on making big changes instead. Reality-TV fans know which path Julie chose that day. When she ste...more
Unknown Binding, 256 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by GuidepostsBooks (first published December 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Fat Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fat Chance

Marcia
Since I am a big fan of The Biggest Loser show and I am trying to lose weight as well...I thought this sounded interesting. I read the Ali Vincent book and met Pete Thomas a few years ago at a library conference.

Julie told how she had gained the weight and how it hindered her being able to be there 100% for her family and reach her goals. She talked about when you lose weight it is not just about the physical weight, but there is also a mental weight that has to be released. I could relate her w...more
Jane
I read Ali Vincent's book, too, and this one was meatier; more behind-the-scenes information, more stories about her motivation and how it has changed her life.

The second half starts to drag and feels somewhat repetitive, and I could see the latter chapters being difficult to relate to for people who are not religious.
Sheila
In some ways I wanted to rate this book 3 stars, but I ended up giving it 4 stars, just because of the motivational factor. Julie's story is so inspiring and she said things I could relate to. So if you are looking to read a story of someone who overcame odds and battled her weight and won, you will enjoy reading Fat Chance.
Elizabeth
Sep 08, 2012 Elizabeth rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christians, women, and moms
This book, by a Big Loser, was very encouraging. It was practical and spiritual. I got to know the real person behind the TV show. And I enjoyed getting behind the scenes info from the TV show. There are some great exercises in the back, for real life people, specifically moms.
Lindsey Keske
This was a wonderful inside look into what really happens on the Biggest Loser. I personally loved the fact that it is also based on her faith. The ending however was very sudden like there was another chapter missing. Very quick read.
Carla
She's adorable, and this was a fun read. It had a lot of very interesting "behind the scenes" information about the show. I am a fan of the show, so that made it even better.
Teresa
Jul 11, 2011 Teresa added it
Decided not to finish it.
Jen Wetzel
Inspriational
Kelsey Morrow
Kelsey Morrow is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2014
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Shannon Woodruff
Shannon Woodruff marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Ann Vogel
Ann Vogel marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Gagan
Gagan marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Haylee
Haylee marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
Afshaan
Afshaan marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2012
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012