Start by marking “The Stocked Kitchen: One Grocery List -- Endless Recipes” as Want to Read:
The Stocked Kitchen: One Grocery List -- Endless Recipes

The Stocked Kitchen: One Grocery List -- Endless Recipes

The Stocked Kitchen is more than a cookbook, it is a cooking system. Stay stocked with the items on the included grocery list, and you are ready to make the hundreds of guest worthy and family friendly recipes in this book! This book is all you need to get STOCKED! The Stocked Kitchen is a hard-covered book with a spiral bound center which allows the book to lay flat. It ...more
Spiral-bound, 320 pages
Published 2009 by Stock

To ask other readers questions about The Stocked Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stocked Kitchen

Carol
Oct 19, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it
I really liked this cookbook due it's down to earth basic presentation of real life cooking. It would make a great gift for a new cook and would have helped me in my own kitchen when I first started out.

The theory is simple but one we don't often adhere too. Keep a basic stock of ingredients on hand, organize them and use what you have to make a variety of dishes.

I was happy to see that I had many of the supplies the author mentioned and did find some new things to make with these. Over the ye
Lenore Webb
Jul 11, 2011 Lenore Webb rated it it was amazing
Well I have found the perfect shopping list from The Stocked Kitchen.

What is so great about this list? Well it goes along with The Stocked Kitchen Cookbook. From this one list you can make 300 different recipes. Here is the first one I want to try.

Bruschetta Pasta

1/2 C fresh basil chopped
1/2 lb pasta, cooked and dra
Kellea
Dec 18, 2012 Kellea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the concept of this book. If we go to the supermarket, armed with the recommended grocery supply list, we can make just about anything and won't have to keep making multiple trips wasting time in our busy lives. And, I admit, I was skeptical at first, until I tried it. It works. I went shopping at the beginning of the month, took the list, and after that first trip, I only have to keep restocking only the items I've run out of. It cuts down on shopping to the recipe, which can ...more
Tiffany
Dec 04, 2011 Tiffany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, cookbooks
What an amazing concept!! I picked this up during Borders going-out-of-business sale for 80% and what a steal this was. As a working wife who works 50-60 hours a week as an accountant, this book is a life-saver! I am always stressed about cooking fresh and healthy meals with minimal fuss, planning or having to hunt for strange ingredients I will only use once. Add to that, I'm just not strong in the kitchen. This book is ideal for someone learning how to cook and wanting to keep it simple and ...more
Jen
Sep 21, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE this cookbook! For the record, it's not about Easter Island, so the description is wrong. It literally changed the way I cook and the way I THINK about cooking. It used to be a huge chore, almost always requiring trips to store for additional ingredients. The cookbook has a shopping list which contains every item used in all the recipes in the book. Shop the list and you'll have every item necessary for cooking. The items are normal, every day foods that you will use. I've tried over 30 of ...more
Jen Wolffis
Sep 23, 2011 Jen Wolffis rated it it was amazing
This is such a great concept. I "stocked" my kitchen when Stacey and Sarah first came out with this concept. I've been stocked for 2-3 years. We love it! If you are "stocked" then you can make any recipe in the book on a moments notice! Gone are the days of planning for weekly meals in advance and then shopping for all of the ingredients (many of which I'd never use again). Who has time for that! This is not just a recipe book! The beauty of it is in the shopping list. We hang the list on our ...more
Erin
Nov 17, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've had this out from the library since the beginning of October, and every single recipe we've tried has been a hit, no exceptions. I finally bought a copy today.

I haven't used the shopping list feature, but I've had most of the ingredients in my pantry anyway when I've gone through and selected recipes. The few things I've had to buy are spices that are good to have on hand anyway. I like the food in here because the recipes are simple but still healthy, and when shortcuts are used they're sh
Suzanne
Jul 08, 2015 Suzanne rated it really liked it
This is a great concept for a cookbook. I want to give it to every person I know who is moving into their first apartment. The grocery list is generally what I keep stocked in my own kitchen, except I eat less meat and dairy and I'm offended that goat cheese didn't make the list (it's so versatile!). My favorite recipes were the dressings and marinades because they illustrate how many things you can do with a few key ingredients.
Chriskolak
Jun 12, 2014 Chriskolak rated it did not like it
I have two major complaints about this cookbook:

First, it assumes that the reader is a woman, and that women are the ones who have to do all the cooking.
Second, BBQ salad dressing sound awful.

Other than that I guess it was a perfectly serviceable cook book. The basic idea, creating a minimalist shopping list that you use for all of your meals, is kind of interesting. The recipes themselves weren't spectacular, but they weren't awful either (except the BBQ salad dressing).
Mary
Sep 01, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it
I have wanted a book like this since I bought my first house and had to stock my first kitchen. Now that I am about to build a new kitchen I am going to give this system a try. I will have to start from scratch, so let's see what happens.
Becky
Aug 12, 2012 Becky rated it liked it
This is a pretty good cookbook... Explains a system on how to have the same grocery list each time, save you money, hundreds of recipes. I could see how it works, but the recipes are a little boring and have much of the same flavors.
Katy Budget Books
May 04, 2011 Katy Budget Books rated it it was amazing
Tamara Ritchie says: I absolutely LOVED this premise! I actually bought everything on their master list and so far I have made seven recipes from the book. My family loves them! It also has very good "unexpected entertaining" recipes... a must have for all cooking libraries.
Melissa
Oct 01, 2011 Melissa rated it liked it
I like the idea of one shopping list meeting all my cooking needs. Some of these recipes are a little simple but it is good starting point.
Katie Terpstra
Sep 21, 2011 Katie Terpstra rated it really liked it
I love this cookbook! Every recipe I have tried has been delicious and it takes the guess work out of meal planning and grocery shopping.
Courtney
Sep 21, 2011 Courtney rated it it was amazing
Fabulous! It's a staple on my kitchen counter. Love making my own taco seasoning, enchilada sauce--no more packaged foods for us! It was So Easy to integrate into our meal/grocery routine.
Kelly
Jul 18, 2011 Kelly rated it really liked it
I like the premise and the recipes sound good. I will try some this week. Then maybe buy the book instead of ckecking it out of the library.
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2011
Eithne
Eithne rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Robyn
Robyn rated it did not like it
Nov 02, 2011
Carla
Carla rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2013
Tamara
Tamara rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Jennie Bologna
Jennie Bologna rated it really liked it
May 26, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Oct 04, 2012
Lisa Miller
Lisa Miller rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Terri Linihan
Terri Linihan rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2011
Kristi Meekhoff
Kristi Meekhoff rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2013