Start by marking “Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)” as Want to Read:
Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)

Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville #6)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  8,835 ratings  ·  282 reviews
Sometimes what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas.

Kitty and Ben flee The City That Never Sleeps, thinking they were finished with the dangers there, but the sadistic cult of lycanthropes and their vampire priestess have laid a curse on Kitty in revenge for her disrupting their rituals. Starting at the next full moon, danger and destruction the form of fire strikes Ki
Published March 1st 2009 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kitty Raises Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitty Raises Hell

Jess
I don't know what to say. I'm just losing interest in this series. The last book was terrible, this one at least had more focus and a clear plot line. But I don't know... it doesn't grab me as the first few books did. I read it, but I find my mind wandering at parts and I had to re focus myself.

Kitty has definitely become a different character imo, in this one she's running around and trying to solve everything on her own. and she's not really listening to Rick who's trying to help her.

Plus this
Chris
This book directly follows Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand, and is better than its prequel. Back in Denver, Kitty and Ben must deal with pack power dynamics, the demon (or is it ?) as well as vampire politics.

This book is closer to the earlier Kitty books in tone as well continues the dog versus cat theme from Dead Man's Hand. It still lacks in some areas. It does seem like sometimes Kitty keeps running headlong into trouble without pausing to think.

That said, however, there is much to like in th
AH

I have a few series that are my “go-to” series. A book challenge? Read a Kitty book. A quick read between huge tomes (*cough* Game of Thrones *cough*)? Read a Kitty book. It’s a series that doesn’t really require a lot of energy for me to read and I know I’ll enjoy each book.

*Warning – if you have not read up to this book, there will be a mild relationship spoiler further down*

The reality show Paradox PI is in town. Kitty is drooling with anticipation trying to figure out how to get those guys
Natasha
Kitty Raises Hell is the sixth book in the Kitty Norville urban fantasy series. Kitty Raises Hell takes up immediately after the events of the previous book. Kitty Raises Hell introduces us to Gary, Jules and Tina, the producers of a paranormal reality show shooting an episode in Denver. While working on a project with Kitty the group is attacked. Odysseus Grant, the mysterious magician from Las Vegas in the previous book also lends his assistance in this book. Kitty’s past shows up in this book ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Well Kitty is really up against the wall with this one. If you aren't familiar with this series here's a quick synopsis. Kitty is a radio DJ who is a werewolf--and yes she's heard all the 'werewolf named Kitty' jokes. Anyway, the series follows her life and trials from the time she's bitten until she becomes (unwillingly) the most famous werewolf in the U.S. (read Kitty goes to Washington). Each books reveals a little more about one of the continuing characters and Kitty's growing circle of frie ...more
Levi
DAMMIT, I just lost everything I typed. *mopes*

I just read six of these in a row, and I think I'm done for now. I'll spare you separate reviews of all of them.

One of Vaughn's more... unique... writing traits is a tendency to wrap up major plotlines halfway or 75% of the way through the book. No way was that the end, you think, they only thought they defeated the baddie, and it's going to come roaring back when we least expect it. But no. The third book was a particularly strong example: you disc
☣Lynn☣
So glad that this series isn't going downhill for me, yet. The previous was boring and this one started off that way too, but man that fucking ending was perfect.

Sucks I only have the next two books to go before I have to put down this series. Why are these books so fucking hard to find?! The only place (besides Amazon) that I have been able to find them is fucking Ebay. I checked Barnes and Noble. Nope. None of the stores in WI have any of the books. Checked Half Price Books. Same damn thing.
Cathy
It was good, lots of drama, new characters to spice things up and add some stability to the action, a new level of "magic" to be investigated and the continuation of the strong relationship between Kitty and Ben.
Genie
“Kitty Raises Hell” picks up where “Kitty and the Dead Man’s Hand” left off. Kitty and Ben returned from Las Vegas thinking they had left the worst of the problems encountered behind. Breathing a sigh of relief and thinking they returned to Denver safe and sound, they soon discover their Vegas troubles followed them home. The feline lycanthropes involved in the death cult are out for revenge. They plan to make Kitty pay by taking out members of her pack one by one and, eventually, Kitty herself. ...more
Kathy Davie
Sixth in the Kitty Norville urban fantasy series about an alpha wolf/radio show host and the scrapes she falls into.

My Take
This one is just vicious with a great deal of tension and really tests Kitty's alliance with Rick. We do learn a bit more about Rick's history.

It's a combination of terror and Ouija boards. With everyone...and I do mean everyone learning more than they ever expected about each other, themselves, and those around them.

The Kitty Norville series has a very urban flavor to this
mlady_rebecca
The kitty cat cult from book #5 wasn't prepared to let what happened in Vegas stay in Vegas. Some strange force/being/demon follows Kitty and Ben home and starts attacking those near and dear to them.

In the meantime, a local "ghost hunters" style paranormal investigation show is in town and Kitty is trying to get them to appear on her show. Turns out they are more science than science fiction, and potential allies.

At this point in the series the hinted at "Long Game" of the vampires seems to be
Karissa
This is book 6 in the Kitty Norville series. I thought this book was better than the last book and a great addition to the series.

In this book Kitty returns to Denver to try and live a normal life with her new husband Ben. Well, of course things don't stay normal. Kitty's pack is being hunted by a horrible, invisible, fire-loving supernatural creature of some sort and Kitty thinks it might be tied to the events that happened in Las Vegas in Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, Book 5).
Georgiann Hennelly
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Kitty and Dan returned to their werewolf pack in Denveronly to discover an invisible evil has followed them home.It smells of brimstone and plays with fire. It is stalking the whole pack leaving a charred trail of ashes and death across the city. Kitty seeks help from the master vampire of Denver Rick as well as from some paranormal investigators who do a popular reality show. But when a mysterious vampire shows up claiming to be a demon hunter. Can they tru ...more
Jorran
Quick Summary
Kitty thought that after leaving Las Vegas, she and hubby Ben was finished with the Tiamet Cult but little did she know that the vampire priestess has sent an entity after her and her pack of werewolves in revenge.

Enlisting the help of a group of paranormal investigators from a popular tv show along, with Rick, the Master Vampire of Denver and Odysseus Grant, the Vegas Magician, Kitty sets out to find out what the entity is and how to get rid of it.

Throw in the convenient appearance
Jamie
This is my favorite book of the series
Anna
I think the Kitty series seems to be getting better though I still haven't forgiven Vaughn for putting Cormac in jail! This is part of a extended story arc with 'Dead Man's Hand' which enables Vaughn to develop idas and characters in more detail than usual which is good. Having said that it is possible to read this as a standalone. I am beginning to wish that Ben was more active in the novels...
Greg Santana
I though it was a fun read, but not as good as the first couple books. I think the plot definitely improved from the last one (it was a mess). I think the fact that we're now diving into magic is pretty interesting. It opens up some more mysteries.

I think it's weaker than the first couple books, and it was harder to get through. I had to push myself a little to get through some of the slower scenes. There's a lot of pop psychology and pop philosophy that bogs down the book.

I think the humor is
Sandi
The series is going in interesting directions. Kitty is really growing as a character and Ben's going through some changes himself. I love Vaughn's use of pop culture, such as Ghost Hunters in this novel. This series is strictly brain candy, but it's well-written brain candy that can be consumed in a couple of evenings.
Jensownzoo
I think the series lost a bit of fire when Cormac was put behind bars. It was a worthwhile read, but nothing special unlike the first few of the series which were really fun. I think it is because it seems like all the conflict is external now and the characters aren't growing.
Charles Shingledecker
Carrie Vaughn recaptures the magic of her series after, what I felt, was a disappointing book 5. Kitty Raises Hell is everything the first four books were, and then some. The story is a fast paced, page turner which is what is look for in most Urban Fantasy.

Kitty is back to her somewhat sarcastic, but humorous self, which seemed to be absent in book 5. Perhaps book 5 took itself a little seriously, I'm not sure. But this one was down right fun to read. Her prose is clean. The pacing is swift. A
Tinika
Kitty Raises Hell is a continuation of the previous book in the series, Kitty and the Dead Man’s Hand. Even though Vaughn does a pretty good job relaying the back story, it would be preferable to read these two books in order to fully appreciate what is going on. Kitty is back in Denver but still has to contend with the mess unleashed in Vegas; it followed her home. The vampires are playing the Long Game, made obvious by the appearance of a vampire even older than Rick; Odysseus Grant remains an ...more
Echoes
I really enjoyed this one. I was a little worried after "Dead Man's Hand" with this being a direct continuation of that series of events. The previous novel was probably my least favorite of the series so far but this one restored my confidence. It introduced a lot of fun new characters and I can't wait to find out what happens with Roman. The monster that Kitty faces was actually pretty scary and I felt like there was real danger for everyone involved. The final battle with the Band if Tiamat w ...more
Erin
Feb 01, 2010 Erin rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Were lovers especially who are into other supernatural stuff
Recommended to Erin by: Jim
Very entertaining. I love the process and her relationships. I am kind of biased because she reminds me of my life a lot in the more basic things.
Shannon
The amount of trouble that finds Kitty is astounding.
Teresa
Another fabulous book by Carrie Vaughn! :-D
Lokki
Best one yet!

This series has really turned into a great one. Vaughn has made good on her promising start with her first book Kitty and the Midnight Hour and has delivered with each successive book. This time round we find Kitty back home after her deadly time in Vegas. Unfortunately, death seems to have followed her home. Something is stalking her, putting her pack and her town in danger. Luckily, she has her friend Rick, the Master Vampire of Denver, to help.....or does she? When a mysterious v
Elizabeth
Kitty Raises Hell
By Carrie Vaughn
Kitty Norville book 6

Review:
Book six, Kitty Raises Hell, is almost an extension of Kitty and the Dead Man’s Hand. It certainly continues with some threads that were left untied at the end of that book.
It is a great action packed edition to the Kitty sage. Of the first six books, I’d rank them 3,1,6,5,2,4. I put this one just slightly ahead of 5 because it is essentially the continuation of the action started in that book with the stakes up a great deal. Book fiv
Douglas
Feb 14, 2014 Douglas rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who's read books 1-5.
This one ranks up there among my favorite Kitty books along with Kitty Takes a Holiday. Vaughn's pacing is improving, as well her ability to connect the various threads of her story together. It had all the elements I've come to expect from a Kitty book: the radio program, the meeting and making of new friends and allies, and getting into trouble sometimes in new and surprising ways. In Kitty Raises Hell these elements come together to a complete whole in a way that really hasn't in the previous ...more
Larissa
Series Review! Contain Minor Series Spoilers!
Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life"

Series Rating: 4 and a Half Stars!

I don’t know what took me so long to review this series, but The Kitty Norville series is one of my favorite Urban Fantasy series out there and each new release gets me itching for the next Kitty novel.

Kitty is a werewolf and when the series begins she is basically surviving at the bottom of the pack, trying to stay invisible and being abused by her pa
Yodamom
3.5 Kitty is being hunted, by something that burns. She can smell something burning, fell heat, hear screams. This is only the beginning, a whole new evil has come to town and it wants Kitty dead and anyone around her. To top it off outsiders are in town offering help, but are they trust worthy ? Her trip to Vegas left some open issues between her and some very pissed off Weretigers who worship a nasty deity. Kitty has to call in her friends for help, she has to trust outside her pack and she m ...more
  • Walking Dead (Walker Papers, #4)
  • Witch Craft (Nocturne City, #4)
  • Redemption Alley (Jill Kismet, #3)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6)
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • Legacy (Anna Strong Chronicles, #4)
  • Leader of the Pack (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #3)
  • Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #3)
  • Deadly Desire (Riley Jenson Guardian #7)
  • Dayhunter (Dark Days, #2)
  • Vanished (Greywalker, #4)
  • Darkness Calls (Hunter Kiss, #2)
Vaughn was born into a military family and has lived all over the U.S. She received a BA from Occidental College, after which she went on to work too many jobs to count until she went back to school to receive her MA from University of Colorado at Boulder. She currently lives in Boulder, CO.
More about Carrie Vaughn...

Kitty Norville (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1)
  • Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)
  • Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5)
  • Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7)
  • Kitty Goes to War (Kitty Norville, #8)
  • Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9)
  • Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville, #10)
  • Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1) Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2) Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4) Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3) Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7)

“Damn stupid vampires and their stupid sense of stupid superiority-” 18 likes
“Now, what does a vampire do with a computer? Keep track of investments? Send e-mail to other vampires as you all plot to take over the world?” “I spend a lot of time on Wikipedia making corrections to the entries of historical figures I’ve known.” I blinked at him. “Really?” “No, Kitty. That was a joke.” 15 likes