Start by marking “Angel Train” as Want to Read:
Angel Train

Angel Train (Wagon Wheels #4)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  7 reviews

“You’re asking Bible-believing righteous folk to put their lives in the hands of jail birds.”

Popular romance and historical fiction writer Gilbert Morris serves up his most unique story yet in Angel Train. The mid-1800s tale introduces Charity Morgan, a beautiful yet businesslike young heroine whose devout religious community is losing its Pennsylvania homestead to the eco

Published June 1st 2009 by B&H Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Angel Train, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Train

SheLove2Read
This book is obviously geared to an adult audience but in my opinion the writing lends itself more towards a teen audience. Choppy and without a good flow. I picked it up and put it down several times.

The hero Casey Tremayne was a good choice. He shows that a person can change for the better even after having made poor decisions in the past. However I did not care for the heroine Charity at all. She was judgmental and unlike her name, didn't show charity to anyone unless they fit her standards.
Mary
I really enjoyed this book. Christian historical fiction. A well thought out storyline without being overly preachy or too bogged down in historical facts. Believable characters. Near the end, what you were routing for was not necessarily the obvious. For me, this was a real page turner.
Tamara
ANGEL TRAIN is part of the Wagon Wheel series by Gilbert Morris. And though I enjoyed it, many parts of the book seems predictable and similar to the other stories in the series.
The plight of the small Pennsylvania community called Pilgrim’s Way has fallen on hard times. With the coal mine so many of the countrymen depend on closing, they feel desperate to find a solution. When Charity Morgan hears of the free land being offered in Oregon, she feels she has found that solution. The only problem
Heidi
I really love the fact that Gilbert Morris tries to find a way to tie different characters into each of the different series of his books! This book took a couple of chapters to grab my interest, but once it did it was very hard to put down!
Haley
Progressivly worse. I keep hoping that they'll get better and they don't. I like Joelle's Secret but not this or the other two so well.
Loraine
Good book but didn't have the detailed storyline that many of his do. Wonder if he is cranking them out too fast now?
Susan
This is soooooo similar to the other ones. Ok read but not super great.
Jean Richardson
Jean Richardson marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Nancy Grimes
Nancy Grimes marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Lesa
Lesa marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Halee
Halee marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Donna Smith
Donna Smith marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Trouble with Brides
  • To Have and to Hold (Bridal Veil Island, # 1)
  • Love's First Light
  • A Passion Denied (Daughters of Boston, #3)
  • A Fire Within (These Highland Hills, #3)
  • Sharpshooter in Petticoats (Sophie's Daughters, #3)
  • Trudy (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #1; Montana Sky)
  • An Unlikely Suitor
  • Evie (Mail-Order Brides of the West, #2; McCutcheon Family, #3)
  • Love Finds You in Mackinac Island, Michigan
  • Prairie Fire (A Town Called Hope, #2)
  • Too Rich for a Bride (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #2)
  • The Ride of Her Life (Lake Manawa Summers, #3)

Wagon Wheels (4 books)
  • Santa Fe Woman (Wagon Wheels Series, #1)
  • A Man for Temperance (Wagon Wheel Series #2)
  • Joelle's Secret
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)