The Boy Next Door

The Boy Next Door

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  353 ratings  ·  21 reviews
You'll never forget your first... Brandon Townsend and Zachary Sherman were best friends and next-door neighbors. Growing up together in a cozy suburban town in New Jersey, they were inseparable and thought nothing could tear them apart. Then one night something happened between them, something that brought them even closer together... They didn't anticipate that what bega...more
Published February 1st 2008 by Createspace (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Boy Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boy Next Door

T.A. Webb
Brandon and Zachary have been best friends from the time they were two years old, with their families being close also. Once the two become teens, they discover they have feelings for each other that transcend friendship. As the two become closer and explore the love between them, and plan on a future together, forces outside their control intervene.

This is the story of how they love, lose each other, and reconnect.

Very well written, emotionally true to the characters, and very touching on many...more
Nichole (Dirty H)
7/4: This book ended up being kind of sweet. It was better than Secrets and Misdemeanors - it wasn't quite so ridiculous. I just wish Hauser had a better feel for the way real people actually talk and act. I spent most of the book thinking 'No one talks like that! No one would ever say that! No one's mom is like that except maybe in the 40's!'

7/3:
I'm on page 4, and so far the same 17 year old boy has said the following: "I love baseball. It's such a cool sport. I'm sorry it's almost over." and "...more
Elisa Rolle
I always love G.A. Hauser's books, they are easy to read and very romantic, with a "acid" side, it's not easy to explain, but her romances are never too sugary, since there is always a bit of naughty side in her characters.

The Boy Next Door is a coming of age book. I didn't expect that a great part of the book is dedicated to the relationship between Brandon and Zach when they where stil two teens in heat. Brandon and Zach always live next door, and since they were one years old, everything they...more
Charly
Sweet idea, but lacks any real depth

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 6/10

PROS:
- The two main guys are sweet, the circumstances under which they fall in love are sweet, their reunion is sweet, etc.
- I had to laugh at the antics of two high school boys figuring out sex for the first time. They progress in realistic stages, I think, and they’re simultaneously tentative and enthusiastic, which I found endearing as all get out.
- I liked how easy the guys...more
Marina
It was a sweet book. I liked the plot idea. The pool and the swimsuits were great.

I had issues with the dialogue and maturity levels of the characters. The things they said sometimes felt so out of place and young. In the first part, they didn't seem like they were about to graduate. More like they were 14. Make-out parties? Spurt? (I've never even read that word in a story in this context). They seemed far too young and their parents way old fashioned.

Then later on, at 27, I though Zach was fa...more
Jojo
I think this book was very successful in capturing first love. That kind of love that only exists in teenagers and is so beautiful and all consuming it takes your breath away just reading about it. For me, the story fell a little short after that. Sly was too over the top. Zach's reason for not calling was too much, too perfect. I think it would have been more realistic and more interesting to have left him with a little guilt, to see them work through that. But don't get me wrong, it was a good...more
jules0623
Lidia
In this book I particularly liked the delicacy and simplicity with which the writer has treated the relationship of the two young protagonists, friendship, their attraction, the ingeniutà that accompanied the discovery of their bodies and their feelings. It 'was natural and immediate rooting for Brandon but Zachary earned his points when he renounced everything rediscovering his lover.
Kari Gregg
The real story is the first 2/3 of the book, which goes over the characters' evolving relationship & experimentation as boys. The final third, when we meet the characters again as adults, seemed superfluous. I didn't connect (re-connect?) with the characters and the issues they faced as adults were resolved way too quickly to be believable for me.
Suraj
I enjoyed reading this. Was a sweet romantic story. Brandon and Zachary were really close and always had been. It could have been understood that their parents separated them, which was the touching part. But fate brought them together, which was a nice bright rebuild of the story brought about by Ms. Hauser.
Janie
This was a very good book! One minute the author has me all worked up and excited and the next in total awe of whats just happened. G.A. Hauser is another great author to read if you LOVE m/m romance books like I do. Definitely recommend this book. And who doesn't love a H.E.A.?
Readingspree joseph
Starting this book i had high expectations but as it progressed i just got bored and didn't feel like reading it. But out of my compulsion for finishing books i started i did finish it and found that the book was worth reading after all. A sweet happily ever after book.
❧Gwen❤❦
3.5 Stars~
"Soul Mates~ My Favorite! This Book Has Many Sweet Spots~
"
Anna
this was a sweet story...had a good flow...both protagonists were easy to fall in love with....
Abby
Alex Hahn
I liked that it had the before and after and showed their love mature more and more.
Dee
This was a nice book i find it one of Hausers better story's.
Erotic Horizon
The Boy Next Door by G. A. Hauser (2008)
♡♥Ang ♥♡
My first G.A.Hauser and it wont be my last :)
Mike
I liked the book, but I'll gush over others.
Jacqueline
Dammm deep a wonderful story.
Danielysbreton
Danielysbreton marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Got Men? by G.A. Hauser Kicks Off Logical-Lust's New M/M Line 1 2 Apr 29, 2010 06:42AM
  • Sex, Lies, and Celluloid
  • The Perfect Cover
  • A Helping Hand (Tennessee Cops, #2)
  • Live for Today (Campus Cravings, #12)
  • Jumping the Fence (OC Pride, #1)
  • Horizons (Horizons, #1)
  • Footprints
  • My Father's Lover
  • The Happy Onion
  • Nothing Ever Happens
  • Torqued Tales
  • Pinky Swear
  • Falling (Falling #1)
  • Torn
  • A Promise Kept (Promise, #1)
About the Author Award-winning author G.A. Hauser was born in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, USA and attended university in New York City. She moved to Seattle, Washington where she worked as a patrol officer with the Seattle Police Department. In early 2000 G.A. moved to Hertfordshire, England where she began her writing in earnest and published her first book, In the Shadow of Alexander. Now a full-time...more
More about G.A. Hauser...
Man to Man (Hero, #1) The Wedding Planner Two In Two Out (Hero, #2) Acting Naughty (Action, #1) Capital Games