Start by marking “The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #2)

The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  591 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Four favorite Regency romances by "USA Today" bestselling author Candace Campare back in these beautifully repackaged editions. Reissue.
Published January 1st 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hidden Heart

Jane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëMarried By Morning by Lisa KleypasWhere Dreams Begin by Lisa KleypasDevil's Bride by Stephanie LaurensThe Secret Pearl by Mary Balogh
Nanny-Governess Romances
47th out of 94 books — 76 voters
The Duke and I by Julia QuinnA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtWhitney, My Love by Judith McNaughtSomething Wonderful by Judith McNaughtEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean
Dukes... Bring 'em on!
202nd out of 329 books — 580 voters

More lists with this book...

Adriana Fogaça
Trilogia dos Aincourt Livro 02.
O Castelo das Sombras.
Candace Camp
H.R.R. Histórico 10
2011

Este segundo livro e tão ou mais fascinante que o primeiro. Acontecem tantas coisas, que se você não estiver atento perde algum detalhe, pois a estória e tão movimentada, com tantas reviravoltas.

Com certeza é uma maravilhosa obra que pertence à categoria ″Romances Históricos″ (Devo deixar claro, que tenho, digamos, certo pavor de romances históricos)

O que me fascina nesta trama é que não se perdem tempo em d
Kit
The story was compelling with great potential but the mystery seemed to drag a little bit...With his life in ruins, Richard Duke of Cleybourne, returned to his country estate to deal with the tragic loss he had suffered four years earlier. His plans, however, were interrupted by the arrival of Miss Jessica Maitland. The feisty, flame-haired governess had come to present her charge, Gabriella, as his new ward.

Until love exposed much more to the story.

As if their unwelcome presence weren't bad e
CriCra CriCra
II Libro - Cuore Ferito

Questo secondo capitolo è stato ancora più gradevole. La storia d'amore alla fine si concentra su due splendidi personaggi - Jessica, una stupenda, forte e audace governante che ha visto nella sua vita cosa significa lottare contro le ingiustizie della vita, un lontano scandalo che ha colpito il defunto padre, la fanno combattere, facendola diventare una donna forte e tenace, che non si fa intimorire da niente e nessuno, neanche dall'affascinante Duca di Cleyborne, uomo ch
Sharon Sherman
Oh, my the Duke of Cleybourne must catch a killer and romance shouldn't get in the way. I found it hard to put down.
Kaye
An absolutely charming romance couched in the environment of a Miss Marple type mystery.
Lauren
Richard is on his way to kill himself, he can't live with the death of his wife and child four years ago anymore. That is until Jessica mainland and his ward dhow up at his doorstep out of the blue.

I sure love a good murder mystery and the kindling governess to duke romance was lovely as well. Even though I liked Richard in the beginning, him telling his story revealed so much more of his good personality that I liked him that much more.
Rachel Rogers
Nothing terribly specific about this one. The villain was not who I expected. I simply liked the characters and the way they interacted. The story didn't feel 100% recycled the way many of them do, even though it touched on many of the same issues. Will read more of this author.
Cordelia Blake
Fabulous! Love the main character! Love the story! This would make a great movie.
Wanda
The love story just didn't quite come together for me. It was okay, at best.
Frances Fuller
Not a great series, but all books are 3 stars so far.
Danielle
I reread it, and love it every time
Faye
Feb 17, 2012 Faye added it
Enjoyed this.
Eline Vantilt
Eline Vantilt marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Adnana
Adnana marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Cristina Darling
Cristina Darling marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Christelle
Christelle marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
KH
KH added it
Jun 07, 2015
  • When We Meet Again (Effingtons, #10)
  • Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3)
  • Taming Rafe (Bancroft Brothers, #2)
  • The Duke's Cinderella Bride
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • Beguiled (Regency Trilogy, #3)
  • Merely Married
  • An Unwilling Conquest  (Lester Family Saga, #3)
  • Jewel Of My Heart
  • The Passion (Notorious, #2)
  • In My Wildest Dreams (Governess Brides, #4)
  • One Little Sin (MacLachlan Family, #2)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...

Aincourt's Hearts (3 books)
  • So Wild A Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #1)
  • Secrets Of The Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #3)
The Marriage Wager (The Matchmaker #1) The Courtship Dance (The Matchmaker #4) The Bridal Quest (The Matchmaker #2) The Wedding Challenge (The Matchmaker #3) A Winter Scandal (St. Dwynwen, #1)