Start by marking “A Crazy Kind of Love” as Want to Read:
A Crazy Kind of Love

A Crazy Kind of Love (Marconi Sisters #2)

Lucas Gallagher is the geek who bought the land Michaela "Mike" Marconi wanted for her dream house. She thinks he's infuriating, annoying and totally rude. Yet, he gets to her more than any other man ever has. But though Lucas may be a scientist, he's the rock star of scientists. His inventions have made him millions, his research is reshaping the study of medicine and he ...more
Published January 28th 2005 by St. Martin's (first published December 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Crazy Kind of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Crazy Kind of Love

Jennifer Wardrip
May 03, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it it was amazing
In the second installment of Maureen Child's Marconi Sisters Trilogy (after AND THEN CAME YOU), the story focuses on the youngest sister, "Mike" Michaila Marconi. All ready reeling from the fact that her dream property was bought by someone else, Mike has insinuated herself into the owner's life--by changing the way things are constructed in his house, and dropping by constantly to make helpful suggestions.

For Lucas Gallagher, the owner of the property Mike still considers her own, Mike is a th
Marilyn
Sep 15, 2011 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist
Loving this series!
Sarah Eiseman
Jun 04, 2013 Sarah Eiseman rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Sarahsbookshelf.com:

I get a little excited sometimes when I find new authors, especially ones with a big backlist. This kind of glorious discovery doesn’t happen as often as I think it should, but I feel very grateful nonetheless. Maureen Child is the latest author to make this special list. I’m a fan of mass-market paperback series, and although this story is an oldie, it’s definitely a goodie.

This story is actually the second book of the Marconi sisters’ series. We are int
Ana T.
Apr 14, 2014 Ana T. rated it really liked it
A few years ago I read the first one in this series and really enjoyed it. Recently I had the opportunity of grabbing book number two and I couldn't let it pass. I am happy to report that I did enjoy it although I was a bit worried in the beginning.

Mike is the youngest Marconi sister. She is saving money to buy her dream property when suddenly someone else comes along and buys it. My problems with the beginning of the book was precisely because I couldn't understand Mike and Lucas's relationship
Dev
Sep 23, 2007 Dev rated it liked it
From the start I liked this story much better than And Then Came You. I enjoyed the chemistry between Lucas and Mike. I enjoyed that she was always seemed to be invading his space. They had heated disagreements and then suddenly the story got heated in a very different direction. And I mean heated. This was Mike and Lucas’s story, but there were also a lot of interactions from Jo and Sam (Mike’s sisters) as was as the Candellano family (prior series set in the same town as this series), but not ...more
Jodi
May 09, 2010 Jodi rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-read
Master plumber Michaela Marconi has been driving Lucas Gallaher nuts. Every time he turns around she's in *his* house, messing with his design for *his* house and the worst thing about it is she's always right. Mike doesn't do long term relationships but Lucas has gotten under her skin. Part of it is his house. It should have been her house. She had coveted that land and had planned a dream house. His house. Sometimes striking sparks is the best way to get a flame. This book has hot sex, lots of ...more
Lori1035
Aug 25, 2008 Lori1035 rated it really liked it
It was fun to continue the story of the Marconi family. I felt like this character, Mike, was very familiar. I finally figured out that she must have been in the Candellano trilogy which I read several years ago. There was a little surprise at the end of this book. I can't wait to see how that turns out in the 3rd book of the trilogy.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it liked it
Modern
Sharon L Boughner
Wonderful!!

I loved this book. It made me laugh, it made me cry. The characters are wonderful. The story is wonderful. Cannot wait to read more of her books.
Sharon Oli
Mar 05, 2014 Sharon Oli rated it really liked it
What do you do when a woman takes over the construction of your house? Fall in love with her of course!
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2010
Maryellen
Maryellen rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2014
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2008
Amanda Marousch
Amanda Marousch rated it liked it
May 13, 2012
Kay
Kay rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2009
Ragina
Ragina rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2014
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Kathryn A. Cockrell
Kathryn A. Cockrell rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Miranda
Miranda rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2007
Holly Hannum
Holly Hannum rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2017
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2008
Joyce
Joyce rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2010
Azgal81
Azgal81 rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Dana Rodriguez
Dana Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2010
Emily Howard
Emily Howard rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2010
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2012
Ns2np5
Ns2np5 rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2011
Christina C.
Christina C. rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2008
  • Mother Angelica's Answers, Not Promises
  • Imagine
  • Sweet Home Alabama
  • The Bridesmaid Chronicles: First Love
  • First Dance (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #3)
  • Miss Westlake's Windfall
  • Autumn Dreams
  • The Orchid Hunter
  • Deadly Grace
  • Monday Morning Faith
  • A Lady's Guide to Rakes (Featherton Sisters, #3)
  • Into the Blackness (The Blackness, #4)
  • Rolling Thunder (The Truth Chasers Series #1)
  • Baby, Oh Baby!
  • The Vampire Viscount
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Marconi Sisters (3 books)
  • And Then Came You: Sam's Story