Start by marking “The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5)

4.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  447,170 Ratings  ·  15,516 Reviews
Climactic battles rage on New York streets in the final book of Rick Riordan's large-scale Olympian series. As Kronos' massive offensive moves towards its ultimate goal, Percy Jackson struggles to comprehend the full meaning of a long-awaited prophecy. A momentous fantasy cycle rumbles to its ominous conclusion.
Published May 5th 2009 by Disney Book Group

To ask other readers questions about The Last Olympian, please sign up.

Reenie Well, he made some related to the books named "The Heroes of Olympus" Series. They have Percy Jackson as part of the book, but it's written in third…moreWell, he made some related to the books named "The Heroes of Olympus" Series. They have Percy Jackson as part of the book, but it's written in third person, not Percy jackson's point of view.(less)
The Ugly Truth by Jeff KinneyDog Days by Jeff KinneyHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Last Straw by Jeff KinneyFrindle by Andrew Clements
Summer Reading Suggestions-5th
37th out of 93 books — 107 voters
September Ends by Hunter S. JonesBritt by Alan  HardyTiger's Voyage by Colleen HouckMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsGood Queen Beth by Alan  Hardy
Books that should become Movies
86th out of 247 books — 165 voters

More lists with this book...

Sasha Alsberg
Apr 27, 2016 Sasha Alsberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow that was a great ending to this very fantastical series! I cannot wait to go into more detail in my series review which will be out probably next week. I'll be covering my opinions on all 5 books and then my overall opinion of the series. I am so happy I FINALLY read PJO! This was a "dam" good series (lol get it? "Dam")
Cara
I'm a little sad actually because I didn't want to say goodbye to our hero, the one and only Percy Jackson.

From the beginning we can already see things are going to move quickly. Kronos has a lot of things up his sleeve and won't let Percy and the other demigods have a break. The book pretty much starts off with a bang and doesn't slow down from there. Annabeth and Percy's relationship is kind of strained and Rachel showing up isn't helping matters. I have to say all the books have a lot of act
Kat O'Keeffe
Apr 18, 2013 Kat O'Keeffe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A MILLION STARS! Perfect ending to a perfect series!
Tom
Sep 09, 2008 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: percy-jackson
I'll bet you 1,000,000 dollars that this is gonna be the best Percy Jackson book!
Valerie
I finished this with a smile. After finishing The Battle of the Labyrinth I had no doubt that I would love the last one. Why specifically I knew this, I have no idea. But I was right and I'm happy when I'm right.

I was surprised that most of the book is set in New York City but it actually makes sense since Mount Olympus is above the Empire State Building.

I liked this book so much for the same reasons that I liked the other books. It was so funny. The part with the peanut butter had me laughing
Dylan Williams
Jan 23, 2015 Dylan Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And that is how you finish a series!
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Finished re-reading this––and yup, it's still amazing. It's been five years since I first read it, and that ending still makes me tear up. GAHHHHH. <3 I will write a longer review at some point.

I'll put my old review under a spoiler because it was very spoilery (and oh my gosh I was ... not the most eloquent back then, to put it lightly). :P

(view spoiler)
Inge
Hey so I designed an adventure game which you should go play because I've put a lot of work into it. It's nothing serious, just for fun, but you can see how YOU would do in the Battle for Manhattan! Check it out here.

*deep sigh*

Eric Boot
SHIT WHAT A FINALE PROBABLY MY FAVOURITE INSTALLMENT IN THE SERIES
Chloe
Jul 30, 2015 Chloe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Couldn't think of a better way to finish this series!
I took me almost a month to finish this, not because it was bad but because I am revising for exams.
The end of this book got me out my reading slump!
So sad that this series is over:(
Mario
After reading The Battle of the Labyrinth I thought it would be my favorite in the series. I can't say how wrong I was.

This was it. This was the best one in the series. It was just... epic. Perfect way to end it. Reading last few pages I had a huge lump in my throat. After finishing it, I just sat there, wishing to flip it to page one, and start again.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to read Heroes of Olympus soon.
Zoë
Dec 25, 2014 Zoë rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW JUST WOW. Easily my favorite book in the series! It wrapped up this series perfectly and gave hints to what would happen in the Heroes of Olympus series! I'm definitely a little in love with Percy now and have a total girl crush on Annabeth and those last couple of pages killed me (in a good way). I'm so glad I finished this series and I can't wait to start the Heroes of Olympus next year!
Anne

Because this is going to be ONE OF THE LONGEST & GIFIEST RIDES EVER

This review absolutely needs it. I need it, for that moment when I decide to look back on this series.
But in case you have to go eat, or sleep or you just don't care for it, then you can click on this right hereGo the Distance, and you'll be directed to a song which pretty much summarizes Percy's(and basically every hero's) journey. The song is for Hercules, but like I said it sings for all heroes! It's all about going the di
Whitney Atkinson
Jun 23, 2015 Whitney Atkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I listened to this book on audio and I'm so grateful for that because I listened to it all in one sitting and didn't have to deal with being bored for half the book like I did for the previous 2 books in this series. As far as my actual thoughts about this book, I just think it was kinda lukewarm if you forgive my luke pun. i just cannot get over how immature the characters and the writing style is. it makes me even not want to read heroes of olympus because i don't want to suffer throu
Susannah
Apr 29, 2009 Susannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am even more excited for this book than I was for HP 7. I totally love this series because I love Greek mythology. Anyways, this book will be amazing. I really hope we find out about Nico's past. I hope that Annabeth will realize that Luke is scum. I'm hoping for some good Percabeth moments or else I sue. More of the Olympians, particularly Athena, Apollo and Artemis, would be appreciated.
Janeen-san
Mar 14, 2010 Janeen-san rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This book is the extremily satisfying final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympian sereis. A few points could have used a dash more explanation, but everything else I thought was absolutly great.
Riordan has filled this story to the brim with excitment, humor and danger.
Familiar characters return, and a few new ones are introduced. Rachel Elizabeth Dare, a mortal child who aided the half-bloods in the last book, The Battle of the Labyrinth, has a huge and important role to play.
Annabeth fina
Antonio
Mira, yo no quería ser mestizo.

Si estás leyendo esto porque crees que podrías estar en la misma situación, mi consejo es éste: cierra el libro inmediatamente. Créete la mentira que tu padre o tu madre te contaran sobre tu nacimiento, e intenta llevar una vida normal.

Ese fue el comienzo, las palabras de Percy que desde el principio me atraparon, y ahora ha llegado el final, está aquí con toda su gloria de momentos dulceamargos.

Para los que siguen la saga saben que los semidioses no la tienen
Marina

I still cannot believe what I read. This book had so many levels of awesome that attempting to grasp it would be like trying to fit a double-ended piece of thread through the head of a needle. This finale was just a never-ending rollercoaster ride and I think the best series ending I've ever read!:D

Sushi
Jul 08, 2016 Sushi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unicorn, mythology
Nico, you're my new religion. Words of wisdom by my favorite 12-year old:

Percy: "Your powers drain you too much."
Nico: "With great power...comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later."

Laz
Jan 23, 2015 Laz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

The world is ending and Grover is sleeping, oh my god. This was my favorite book in the series. My favorite satyr just slayed it all, okay.

Coming to its end, this book was epic. Truly, I loved it. I love how it all played out in the end. I remember strolling around my house with the book in my hand reading it because I was, oh, so anxious about how it would end and also sad because this was coming to its end.

In this book,
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Now, I could understand the hype for Percy Jackson and the Olympians.The first two books were too juvenile for my taste, though, eventually the series picks up in The Titan's Curse.

For a male writer, this is really an exemplary series. (Note: sarcasm)

The dramatic structure and the predictable execution of twists didn’t stop me from giving this lot, a starred review. That is saying a lot. Rick Riordan truly knows how to engage his readers and make us root for his characters.

I love bingeing Per
Taissa
Jun 08, 2015 Taissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfection
- ̗̀ ash  ̖́-
Jul 15, 2016 - ̗̀ ash ̖́- rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
agh i feel so burnt out after reading this book. it was incredible. i kinda wanna jump into the lost hero right away, but at the same time i wanna mourn, ya feel?
Ashley
Jan 22, 2009 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
WHY IS IT THE LAST ONE???!!!!! WHY TORTURE ME SO??!!! I CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!!! IF HE DOESNT HOOK UP A BETTER PERCABETH ROMANCE< IM SUING HIM!!!
Cait (Paper Fury)
WELL. That was a satisfying conclusion! I admit, I put this one off because I didn't want it to all be over. But it was good. Despite being, like, a 360-page long battle (let me collapse in exhaustion). It's not my favourite PJ book, but I loved it and I adored the ending, although it was sad. PEOPLE DIED. One of my favourite characters died. I'm in a little pain here, 'scuse me.
description

BUT! So many awesome things went down! I especially swooned a bit of the entirely shippable Percabeth moments. They ar
Ashley
Jan 26, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, owned
I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED PERCY JACKSON! I started this series back in 2009 and I have finally gotten around to finishing it!

Solid conclusion to this series and I'm really looking forward to getting into Heroes of Olympus! Hopefully I can finish those in a more timely fashion.
Helen Stavraki
Apr 19, 2016 Helen Stavraki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Η αξεπέραστη γοητεία και η ύπαρξη της Μυθολογίας.

Πίστη - θέληση - δύναμη - αγάπη- ζωή.
Hassan
Aug 01, 2015 Hassan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-shelf
I'm finally done with the EPIC!!!! Percy Jackson series

this book is definitely my favorite, it was epic and well-built, and a great and satisfying conclusion to the series, also it introduced us to The Heroes of Olympus series that i'm dying to read right now.

i don't have a lot to say about this book without spoiling the whole series, but it was so good, it was a solid book, it moved So fast, and it was marvelous.

i recommend this series to ANYONE who didn't read it yet, cause it's one of the bes
Candy Melissa Kwong
It remains to be my favorite after all these times :)
Daria
Sep 23, 2009 Daria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll admit it. I was slightly dissapointed. I would have loved to give it 5 stars (can't give any less than four, seeing as it's Percy Jackson), but it lacked... something new. That's what I loved so much about the other books - they would amaze me with some new humorous twist on Greek mythology, and yet there was nothing in this one. (Albeit the Styx incident, of which I'll say nothing more, so fear no spoilers.) It was all so.... EXPECTED. In the very early action scenes, I felt as though Rior ...more
DumbleDORKS: The Last Olympian (#5) 31 122 Jul 09, 2016 10:09AM
Life Saver: Who would you save? 13 61 Jun 24, 2016 09:57AM
Who is your favorite character? 240 169 Jun 23, 2016 03:00PM
Death scenes 6 37 Jun 23, 2016 02:56PM
English IRP Assignment 3 18 Jun 21, 2016 01:41AM
Word game....i just love these, please post 12640 1835 Jun 02, 2016 07:59AM
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers, #4)
  • The Unusual Suspects (The Sisters Grimm, #2)
  • The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • The Three Furies (Erec Rex, #4)
  • The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)
  • The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)
  • Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, #3)
  • Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant, #2)
  • Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods (Underland Chronicles, #3)
  • The Chimera's Curse (The Companions Quartet, #4)
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
  • The Rescue (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #3)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)

“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.” 9841 likes
“It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.” 2214 likes