3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  266 ratings  ·  52 reviews
After Andrea Wolkowicz abandons corporate life to help care for her sister, she quickly wears out the want ads in their rust-belt hometown. Time to be her own boss.

Every mogul knows the best idea is an old idea with a new twist. So Andi proudly revives her father's business: an old-fashioned car wash…staffed entirely by bikini-clad women. That ought to get traffic—and...more
Published July 1st 2010 by Mira (first published June 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Bikini Car Wash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bikini Car Wash

Pınar
Kitabın siparişini verdikten sonra gelmemekte ısrar edince bende okuyacağım diye ısrar ettim haliyle. Aman be neyine gerek senin ısrar :(
Beklentiye girmişim sanırım, sayfalar ilerledikçe sönmeye başladı o da. Aslında konu güzeldi ama bir yerde yetersiz geldi. Karakterleri tam aktaramamış sanırım. Bir yerde adamdan kilolu bahsediyor sonra bildiğin seks abidesi oluyor. Kız desen erkek fatma adam bakıyor bir içim su. Bir karar veremedim gitti. Tavırları da bir tuhaftı. Bakıyorsun birbirleri için ö...more
Fedora
Very enjoyable read about a woman returning to her family in a small town. The main characters are very likeable and this is a "happy sighs" story all around :)
Tonya
An eye full and the perfect end of the summer beach read!!! The Bikini Car Wash isn't what it really seems. I know some people will think, a bikini car wash? I don't want to read that! However, it goes beyond that. It is about fighting for something you want and believe in; finding out who you really are and love. I always love a good love story. Who doesn't? Pamela Morsi outdid herself with this one though!

I was stumped at first wondering what Pop was up to, sneaking around like that. I had my...more
Janga
I am a huge Pam Morsi fan. While I like some of her books better than others, I always close a PM book glad that I read it and feeling enriched as a reader and enlightened as a writer. This holds true for her older historicals and for her recent romance/women's fiction hybrids. Both Last Dance at the Jitterbug Lounge and Red's Hot Honky-Tonk Bar were among my top reads for their year of publication. This one may not quite reach that level, but there were many things I loved about this book.

Firs...more
Betty
Aug 14, 2014 Betty rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Betty by: Reader To Reader Site

By Pamela Morsi

Mira
July 2010

In public school Andrea “Andi” Wolkowicz was a geek and her twin sister, Angela “Jelly”, was mentally challenged. Andi loves Jelly more than anything, but she left home for college and stayed away knowing that her parents would have more time to devote to her sister. Andi got so wrapped up in her corporate life in Chicago that when her mother was sick, she took her time coming home and her mom was dead by th...more
Rose Peacock
I expected this to be a fluffy romance, which it was for the most part. However, the rape of Cher-L by the owner of the strip club was aboslutely unnecessary and used in her character arc as a lesson for a wanna-be bad girl. The word rape wasn't used by any of the characters, but the she describes it as sex that she didn't want and felt powerless to stop, which is rape. Pete, the nice guy of the story, tells her to get herself checked for STDs, but both feel the need to cover up the incident, no...more
Zee Monodee
Took me a little while to get into this one - the opening point-of-view is a tad jarring, until you realize who's who (and this can take a few pages...) and everything starts to fall into place.

So don't give up on this one if nothing is making much sense in the first chapter. Give yourself time to adjust, and if needs be, re-read the start and chapter 1 until everything settles into your mind.

Then sit back and enjoy a lovely little treat!

I love books that take place in small towns and tight-knit...more
Cheryl
Andrea “Andi” Wolkowicz left the big city and her corporate job for the simple life in Plainview to care for her sister, Angela “Jelly” and her father. Andi knows she needs to get a job to help support her family.

Pete Guthie is the owner of Guthie Foods, local supermarket. When Pete first comes in contact with Andi, things don’t go smoothly.

Andi comes up with the perfect idea to reopen her father’s old car wash business. This car wash will have a twist. Hence…Plainview Bikini Wash and Wax. Thi...more
Leigh
Andi Wolkowicz hasn't been able to find work in her hometown. She left her career to move back and help her Dad take care of her mentally handicap twin sister after her Mother died.

Down to her two dollar diet (she limits herself to just carrying $2.00 in her purse for bus fare) she finds out that her Dad still owns the local car wash. A simple comment by her Dad about the benefits of being your own boss, gives Andi the idea of opening a new business.
When that idea is rejected by the city couns...more
Angie
A couple of Tell Me What to Reads ago, one of you lovely people recommended I give Pamela Morsi's THE BIKINI CAR WASH a shot. It wasn't selected that go-round, but the title (surprise, surprise) stuck in my head and I would find myself thinking of it and grinning at random times here and there. So when I noticed it was available on NetGalley, I went ahead and downloaded it to DH's Kindle to have on hand on our trip to D.C. earlier this month. And, yes, I appreciate the irony that I read and revi...more
Ally!
Gail
This is a cute, cute book. I've always liked Pam Morsi's writing, back when she was doing historical romances, and now when she's changed to contemporary women's fiction. In this one, the heroine has moved back home from the Big City after her mother's death to help her dad take care of her mentally disabled sister. She applies for, but doesn't get a marketing job with the local grocery store, run by a guy she had a crush on back in high school--one who never looked twice at her. He's at odds wi...more
Mary Cain
From the cover and the title, I expected more fun from this story. It was a good book, with some great characters, but it's pretty tame. If you're looking for steamy, this is definitely not it. I didn't feel the connection between the Andi and Pete. I didn't really get why Andi was attracted to Pete in the first place. He has a weakness for Mallomars, and he's depicted in the beginning as a chubby, middle-aged guy running a grocery store. But then all of the sudden, Andi's seeing him as the "hig...more
Kelly
I loved this book. in all honesty it wouldn't have been as good without the sister Jelly. I think she, with her love of Law & Order, might just be one of my favorite characters ever.

The only things I didn't like was that it felt like she was going to set it up for the "bad" guy to get her on the whole selling sex thing with a situation with one of her employees. I know it was also to show the kindness and character of the male love interest, but there were plenty of other ways this was shown...more
Dawn
Good book. A good story with a moral that everything is not always what it appears to be and perspective is everything.
Bayareabookaholic
An amusing romance. Andi has returned home from Chicago (ditched a Great job)in the wake of Mom's sudden death to help Pops with her sister Jelly who suffered brain damage at birth.
Pops is an equanimous guy,takes it all in stride. Andi is looking for work and none is to be had in tiny town where they live. Taking desperate measures, she reopens Pop's car wish, with a twist- three women in bathing suits are washing the cars. Lots of controversy for tiny town.
Lots of internal drama, amid the bro...more
Deborah
I really loved this book! I am a big fan of Pamela Morsi's books, but I have only read her historical romances. Each of the characters were so well drawn that they seemed so real. I especially loved the character of Jelly, the mentally challenged twin sister. She was such a sweet, lovable character. I would consider this book more fiction than romance. I read this so quickly; I couldn't put this down. I found the storyline and the characters compelling. I will definitely look to read more of Pam...more
Ty
The characters were great. The storyline was realistic and the sub characters had lots of personality. The book was realistic. I also liked that you could see it happening today at the closed down carwash in every town next to the small grocery store that is struggling in today economy. It was fun to imagine the old lady upset and picketing. It was more of a book then I was expecting. I even liked the twin sister and related to the difficult relationship that has always been connected with the s...more
Colleen
The blurb for this book paints a picture of a light-hearted chick-lit book, but the book is surprisingly less amusing than expected. Though there were many strong elements of the book, ultimately the lackluster romance undermined the story, and i just never felt a real connection with Andi or Pete. They seemingly ended up together because neither had a better option in their small town which doesn't make for riveting fiction. Not a bad summer read but not as captivating as I had hoped. 3.5 stars...more
Stacey Peery
Wasn't my favorite book and didn't really keep me interested. It was an easy quick read but I didn't feel connected to any of the characters. I wasn't invested in what would happen to them.
Very pamela in her chic lit style, a main romance, a 2nd-ary romance, special needs person & Lots of lifes travails. I thought the villian too contrived. I enjoyed the 2nd-ary romance more than the main couple, they had more depth. The main hero was such a prototype. What I like most about morsi is the little life moments, people's conversation while playing basketball.
Cyndy
Cute Book.
Andrea Wolkowicz leaves the corporate life to come home and help care for her sister and finds herself out of money and no job. She reopens her Dad's old car wash with a little twist.
The bikini car wash gets alot of attention from town's citizens and neighboring grocery store owner
Pete Guthrie, Andi's old high school heart-throb. Happy Ending.
Rachel711
I personally love this book. It shows how people in the world can be sufficient and come up with ideas to wow the crowd and to help them out. Andi has to help her father with her special needs sister. While two other women out of work join with her and help her out. This show the world and how it is full with opportunities.
Virginia
If I hadn't read the "Lovesick Cure" and already decided to read more Pamela Morsi, this one would have done it. A really good upbeat book with life lessons twisted into it.
Favorite quote "People had a right to their expectations. But they didn't have a right to insist that other people live up to them."
Jolene
Pamela Morsi is brilliant and delivering characters you want to cheer for while twisting them through a journey that is entertaining and at time heart-wrenching. This story is no different. You love the secondary characters and get invested in their lives as much at the main characters. Well done Ms Morsi.
Christina
The Bikini Car Wash was quick read. Definitely a lighter book. I enjoyed the book, and appreciated the view of Jelly. This put a different spin on the book and made it better than some of the chick lit I have read in the past. This is a feel good book and ends well.
Becky Albritton
I really liked this one. It was a good story with real life situations. Granted sometimes Pop was a little too nice but overall the characters were interesting and had some depth to them. It's a fun summer read I would definitely recommend it!
Tina
Juxtaposition between morals and making a living, loving your work, and what community means...some great themes handled in a very smooth "show vs tell" way. And the sex, while frequent, is kept under the covers, which I appreciate.
Amy
Strange. I thought I had already reviewed this book. Just a fun, quick read. Great airplane book. I would say it is a step above the usual books of this type. There were a few things to think about and a couple of twists.
Tressa
I admit that I started reading with trepidation as I love Morsi's historical romances. But, I shouldn't have doubted as I really loved the characters. Morsi retained the small-town feel and the book felt comfortable.
  • Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1)
  • Bought By The Billionaire Brothers (Buchanan Brothers, #2)
  • Bliss (de Saint Vallier Brothers, #1)
  • Her Summer with the Marine: A Donovan Brothers Novel (The Donovan Brothers, #1)
  • Lover's Lane (Twilight Cove, #1)
  • The Drifter
  • Lucy Gets Her Life Back
  • Spring Fancy
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 6
  • Taming The Beast (Wife Inc., #3)
  • Smooth Talkin' Stranger (Contemporary Duo, #2)
  • The Dysfunctional Test
  • Out of Mind (Court of Angels, #2)
  • The Sixth Surrender
  • Hot Dish
  • The Cute Book
  • Bride of the High Country (Runaway Brides, #3)
  • Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3)
Pamela Morsi is a USA Today, Waldenbooks, and Barnes & Noble bestselling author of romance. She broke into publishing in 1991 with Heaven Sent and has been gracing readers with at least a book a year ever since. Two of her novels, Courting Miss Hattie (1992) and Something Shady (1996), won the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award, the highest honor in romance publishing, and others have bee...more
More about Pamela Morsi...
Simple Jess (Marrying Stone, #2) Courting Miss Hattie Bitsy's Bait & BBQ Love Overdue The Cotton Queen