The Cook's Herb Garden

The Cook's Herb Garden

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  15 reviews
With a catalog of 150 different culinary herbs and their varieties, more than 30 recipes, step-by-step photographs on how to plant, nurture, harvest, and store, and flavor charts that list the best herbs to partner with popular ingredients, "The Cook's Herb Garden" shows you how to grow your own supply of herbs whether on a window ledge, in pots, on the patio, or in a vege...more
Published March 1st 2010 by DK Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Cook's Herb Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cook's Herb Garden

Karyn
I really enjoyed this book. While I want to think of myself as a true veggie gardener, I think I might be really more of an herb and flower gardener. :-) This book, while simple, would be a reference book I'd enjoy having on my shelves.
Freda mans
Spring is right around the corner, and now is the perfect time for any beginner gardeners to grab a copy of this book. Personally, I found this book very useful in more ways than I imagined. Not only does it cover herbs, as stated in the title. It also covers; most plants and flowers, and even had recipes inside.
Any of you who read my blog know how I love them recipes!! So I had to try one out.
This was my first experience with avocados, and I had fun, but will adapt the recipe a little next time...more
Dearwassily
Nothing special, a simple, informational text with some recipes.
Donna
This is a really good guide to culinary herbs, how to grow them and what to do with them in cooking. A good reference book, I have renewed this so many times from the library that am now going to have to buy a copy because they won't let me renew it anymore!!
Serity
good overview on the herbs, how to grow, harvest, and propagate them. also, i really enjoyed the recipe ideas in the back - gave me a lot of creative ideas. not sure i would actually make many of them, but it was fun to dream about having the time to do it!
Stefanie
Good and concise information on basics for growing and harvesting herbs. Includes pictures and tips for different kinds. Has some good recipes that give you a start on what you can do with herbs for cooking. Also tips on making your own herbal tea!
claire
Very beautiful book. Not a detailed guide by any means but there is some really valuable information lovingly shared with striking visuals and careful descriptions. A good primer for the beginner herb enthusiast!
Zuzana
Výborná pre začínajúcich bylinkárov :) Netreba čakať veľký katalóg bylín, skôr je zameraná na základné rady o pestovaní, zbere, skladovaní a úprave základných druhov kuchynských bylín.
Barbara
Loved the ideas in this book. More because I think I can garden, some great things to try and ways to use the herbs I grow! Will def check this book out again in July/August
Tara
Extremely useful for beginning herb gardeners. I found the suggested layouts for potted herbs to be very helpful. The recipes were a nice surprise, too. Great book!
Pia Jensen
This is a beautiful book with lots of inspiration on how to use and grow herbs. I love all the beautiful and clear photos in it - they really help me find what I need.
Robin
Novice to gardening and picked up this book to get started with herbs.

I can see myself returning to this book again and again for reference.
Gary
Lots of info. The kind of book you never really finish but keep going back to.
Imen Stitches
Lovely photos. Informative for "back yard" herbs.
PWRL
Jul 11, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
E
Ggd
Ggd added it
Sep 17, 2014
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Caro
Caro added it
Sep 06, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Jul 18, 2014
Etta
Etta added it
Jul 17, 2014
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Selling The Wheel: Choosing The Best Way To Sell For You Your Company Your Customers From Vines to Wines: The Complete Guide to Growing Grapes and Making Your Own Wine The Organic Cook's Bible: How to Select and Cook the Best Ingredients on the Market The Organic Food Shopper's Guide Perennial All-Stars: The 150 Best Perennials for Great-Looking, Trouble-Free Gardens (Rodale Organic Gardening Book)