Start by marking “I'll Be Seeing You” as Want to Read:
I'll Be Seeing You

I'll Be Seeing You

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  14,188 Ratings  ·  289 Reviews
In I'II Be Seeing You, Mary Higgins Clark, America's "Queen of Suspense, " tells a spellbinding tale of murder and duplicity, of hidden lives and medical secrets. Meghan Collins, a television news reporter, is covering a story in the emergency room of a large metropolitan hospital when a young woman is rushed in on a stretcher, victim of a stabbing. Meghan stares down at t ...more
Published June 26th 2007 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about I'll Be Seeing You, please sign up.

Linda
Oct 03, 2009 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: borrowed
This was my first Mary Higgins Clark and I must say I was disappointed. This was way too choppy to be even remotely suspenseful. I kept hoping I'd get to the end soon so I could start the next book on my TBR list. That's not an attitude I like to have while reading.
Kaylie
Jul 06, 2015 Kaylie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summer’s the perfect time to try recommended authors. After finishing my first Grisham last week, I thought Mary Higgins Clark was the next logical step in my exploration of well-known favorites. My grandmother loves both authors, having read all of their books countless times. My first Higgins Clark did not disappoint. I’ll Be Seeing You makes for light reading, despite its suspense, and it’s beach-y fun.

I don’t want to give too much of the plot away, as its surprisingly full of twists and turn
Alexandra
Jun 14, 2009 Alexandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So you need to understand from the outset that this is not great literature at all. It is an easy read suitable for a cross country flight or a day at the beach. I first read it when I was 14. It gets 4 stars from me because I think it is a fun book for its category, and my favorite of Mary's many, many books. And I do like Mary when I am in the mood; she is like watching Lifetime television.

The main character fits the same mold as the rest of Mary's characters: she is beautiful (a "cloud" of h
Alison Van Arsdel
I read this book looking for candy. Something that wouldn't take up too much head space and just be fun. It ended up being fun in the way that doing the same thing over and over again is fun. It followed the standard formula of intrigue, mystery, man and woman who realize they been there all along fall in love as the should have been. Women gets saved from murder at the last minute by said man. You know, it's like every other movie or book out there. The writing is also incredibly trite a predic ...more
Jenny Hilborne
Feb 16, 2012 Jenny Hilborne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reporter, Meghan Collins, is trying to solve the mystery behind her father’s recent death when, on assignment in a New York City Hospital, she sees the corpse of a murdered woman who could have been her double. She can’t shake the belief there is a connection and soon finds herself deep into an investigation that puts her life in danger.

This is the 5th of the 75 books in my 2012 reading challenge and the first Mary Higgins Book I’ve read. I’ll Be Seeing You is a quick and easy read, with an inte
Stefanie
Aug 25, 2013 Stefanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Mary Higgins Clark did not disappoint me. The character development in her books is some extensive that at times you feel like you're getting too much information but someone she manages to tie it all together to make an amazing suspense novel. Can't wait to read another one of her books.
Donna
Jul 18, 2007 Donna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just a really easy summer-read mystery novel. There are a few plot issues if you start to analyze things. Better to just go along for the ride and not think too much.
Oct 09, 2016 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mary no me decepciona... heroína, que lo puede todo, donde todo se esclarece en las últimas diez páginas y pensé que esta vuelta había acertado con el culpable, pero no, me sorprendió un poco el final.
Meghan Collins es periodista de televisión. Está cubriendo una nota en la sala de emergencias de un hospital cuando irrumpe una camilla con el cuerpo apuñalado de una joven. Los intentos por revivirla son inútiles. cuando Meghan mira el rostro exánime de la víctima, le parece verse reflejada en un
Courtney
Oct 10, 2016 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really really enjoyed the book. It got a little slow in the middle for me, that's why I gave it 4 stars, but it still ended well. Also, this is why I can't say that I loved it. I just feel like it all came together in the last 20 pages or so. I was getting so anxious for the conclusion to find out the truth. The ending was a surprise. I do like how MHC answered all of the lingering questions. Another good one MHC. One of my favorite authors.
Mary
Oct 03, 2016 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Light easy read, nothing special but an entertaining way to pass the time.
Tiana
Aug 20, 2009 Tiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ll Be Seeing You is about a women who is trying to find out the mysterious disappearance of her father. The setting is in New York City, Meghan Collins is the main character. Her father was presumed to be in a bridge accident into the Hudson River but no one has a trace of her father’s, Edward Collins, body. A murder case appeared as she was doing a report, and her father just happens to be one of the murder suspects. Meghan must find outs her fathers past, and other murder cases to clear her ...more
Denise
Apr 29, 2012 Denise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this book had me on the edge of my seat at the end. Mary Higgins Clark writes with such a complex plot blending each component seamlessly into the story. All I can say is WOW! Just when I thought I had something figured out, something else would be revealed. If you want to read a good mystery with a lot of twists and turns that smoothly come together at the end read I'll Be Seeing You. You won't be sorry.

If you want a little bit about the book here it is:

The story of Meghan Collins: Meghan'
Nicole
Jun 18, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is built off a series of cliches. Actually, it reminds me of a story I told my grandma when I was twelve years old. (I used to make up stories all the time when I was a kid). I was also a huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark when I was twelve. Unfortunately, I'm finding I don't appreciate her books as much now as an adult. Though, I look at the date this book was published, and it was before there were hundreds of crime shows on television that did this exact same story. This book was writte ...more
Connie N.
Mar 14, 2013 Connie N. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
As always, Mary Higgins Clark's writing grabbed me right from the first page. She writes books that are exciting and very easy to read. She pulls you in to the story immediately and doesn't let up until it's over. I became involved in the story as well as with the characters and couldn't put it down until I found out what happened. The 2 mysteries worked well together and meshed believably at the end.

Just a side note...this book is based in Newtown, CT which is referred to as a "ritzy little to
kelley
I've read quite a few Mary Higgins Clark novels. I do like her style of writing and that's why I return to them. She does get stuck in the "cookie cutter author mode", meaning that her books are fairly predictable because she follows a pattern. " I'll Be Seeing You" was pretty good with the main plot following journalist Meghan Collins investigation into her father's mysterious disappearance. There is also a secondary plot line that weaves in and out of the first, Meghan's life is threatened by ...more
Jennifer (livresaddicted)
So it was good. It was not my favorite book by Mary Higgins Clark but definetly not the wrost. I loved the differents characters and the facts about in vitro. I didn't saw the end coming (well not every part...)

Donc c'était bon. Ce n'était pas mon livre favori par Mary Higgins Clark mais ce n'était pas le pire non plus. J'ai aimé les différents personnages et les informations sur le in vitro. Je n'ai pas vu la fin venir (bien pas toutes les parties...)
Viktoria Jean
So you have a twin you've never met, or is that so?
A genetically modified person who looks exactly like you has been found murdered, a chopper stuck in her heart, and you receive a chilling fax that says "Mistake. Annie was a mistake."
Oopsies. He's after you.
Bailey
3.5, really, but bumped up for the Cozy Mystery factor. I have a lot of feelings about MHC books, most of them good.

This book is also from 1994, which was kind of a great time warp.
Emily
Oct 20, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A very light, simple read. Good for a "non-thinking" sort of read. Don't read it if you want to be challenged mentally. I don't think I'll be reading books from this author any time soon.
Lori Shafer
Dec 12, 2016 Lori Shafer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meghan's life is becoming chaotic. Just as she got the job of her dreams, her life begins to spin out of control.

It all began when a bridge collapsed. According to her father's co-worker, he had just reached the bridge just before the collapse. Meghan and her mother are trying to deal with their grief when the police begin to suspect her father was not killed on the bridge.

Then, Meghan is on the job when she witnesses the arrival of a dead woman. To her shock, the woman could be her twin. But wh
Vicki Britt
Oct 29, 2016 Vicki Britt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Enjoyed it very much! Recommend it highly. Mary Higgins Clark never disappoints her readers! Very easy to read. Thank you!
Teressa
Dec 14, 2016 Teressa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark never fails to bring a really good mystery.I really enjoyed this book.I am going to watch the movie next.Of course the book will be better.
Ellen
Dec 02, 2016 Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A can't put down book. One turn after another, breathtaking events and unexpected happenings take one tragedy and add it to another, until what was always thought to be true becomes a lie.
Jimbo Moran
Oct 31, 2016 Jimbo Moran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember myself enjoying reading this book.
Laquisha Sauls
Nov 04, 2016 Laquisha Sauls rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a lovely read It wasn't my favorite but I still love it
Izzy
Oct 13, 2016 Izzy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I generally tend to enjoy MHC, but this one I found just highly out of my comfort zone. :/
Amanda McGill
Sep 29, 2016 Amanda McGill rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Way too many characters for this novel to flow smoothly.

It's hard to even write a summary for this novel, because there was so much going on. Basically, Meghan (a reporter) finds a woman that could be her twin. Unfortunately that woman is dead and Meghan is thrown into figuring out the story between this mysterious woman and her father, who was in a car accident and fell off a bridge, never to be seen again.

Interesting concept, but I found it got too jumbled for my liking. There were a lot of
Kara Jorges
Dec 18, 2012 Kara Jorges rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Television reporter Meghan Collins is shocked when a stabbing victim who dies looks exactly like her. She doesn’t tell her mother about the woman, or the late-night fax she gets at home, claiming her death was a mistake, because Catherine Collins has enough on her mind. Ten months earlier her husband disappeared, supposedly a victim in a bridge accident. The authorities did not find any remains of Ed Collins or his car, however, so the insurance company is refusing to pay and her bills are pilin ...more
Cyril Jayant
Sep 06, 2016 Cyril Jayant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another thriller of Mark Higgins .
Lovely book that kept me doing anything but reading nonstop every time I got to continue reading.
Very thrilling story and her writing got to keep on reading until find out what is next.

My favourite writers (out of very few ,Danielle Steel and Mary Higgins, Patricia Cornwall) and I am a Fan of Mary Higgins. This book is another Bestseller and out of all the other 25 books I have read of her. Wow .. People are saying some books are all have the same way of writin
Sharon
Jan 16, 2015 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book for review is “I’ll Be Seeing You” by Mary Higgins Clark. I would place this book in the genre of suspense.

Meet our main character Meghan Collins, she is a lawyer who changed careers to become a news reporter. An only child, she is raised with love and support. Her mother runs an inn that was built by her father while Meghan’s father is partner in a head hunting firm.

All is peachy until one night when Meghan comes face to face with a murdered victim who looks exactly like her. It doesn’
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Twanged (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • The Christmas Box
  • Tell Me No Secrets
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...

“I’ll see if the director is available.” 0 likes