Start by marking “Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink” as Want to Read:
Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink

Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink (Pinkalicious)

When Tiffany challenges Pinkalicious to a laugh-off, the pressure is on to create the most pinkerrifically funny joke of all time. Even if Pinkalicious doesn't win the contest, she's going to have a lot of fun trying!
Published July 27th 2010 by HarperFestival

To ask other readers questions about Pinkalicious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pinkalicious

Sarah Sammis
Nov 26, 2010 Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it
Shelves: pc, read-in-2010
Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink by Victoria Kann was a fortuitous find. Ian had taken the kids book shopping while I was doing a presentation for school. Sean chose a joke book and Harriet chose Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink, a story about Pinkalicious learning to tell jokes.

Pinkalicious ends up in a joke telling contest with one of the Goth girls from Purplicious. She goes home, much like Anne Shirley does in many of the Green Gables chapters, to panic over the contest and struggle to come up with the
Maria
Oct 01, 2010 Maria rated it really liked it
What I Can Tell You:
Pinkalicious is still funny! Even my 7 year old son liked the book and has been seen reading it three times in the past 4 days.

Pinkalicious is reading jokes out of a joke book and her friends are hysterical laughing. When Tiffany challenges Pinkalicious to a Laugh-off without the help of a joke book, nerves set in.

When the term "pink" saves the day, everyone is happy, even Tiffany.

Even the "mean girls" in Pinkalicious are never that mean and I am always happy when Pinkaliciou
Mikayla Baker
Jan 28, 2016 Mikayla Baker rated it really liked it
Pinkalicious went to the library to pick out a book. She got a book on jokes and began telling her friends different jokes. They all thought they were funny. Then another girl at the school thought that she was not funny. She challenged her to a laugh-off the next day. Pinkalicious got worried because she was not sure if she could come up with an original joke. She talked with her family about it at dinner that night, but still did not come up with anything. Finally, in the middle of the night s ...more
Tanika Smith
Oct 11, 2011 Tanika Smith rated it it was amazing
I bought this book at a book fair for my 3yr. old daughter. I read it to her a lot,this book has become my daughter's favorite story! It's about a lil girl who goes to her school library to look for a good book. She ends up finding a pink book with gold letters on it. She reads a little of it...and finds it really funny, so she chks it out. During recess she reads the book to her circle of friends...and they also find the book really funny. But another student over hears pinkalicious reading the ...more
Holly Letson
I wasn't really impressed with this one, since it was about a laugh-off, where neither joke was even funny.
------------
Pinkalicious checks out a joke book filled with funny jokes, and people laugh when she reads them. A classmate, Tiffany, gets jealous of her, because of this. So, Tiffany challenges her to create an original joke for a laugh-off. Whomever--her or Pinki--gets the most laughs will win.
The next day, each girl tells a stupid joke. Then, Pinki tickles people to make them laugh. I
Eva Leger
Aug 05, 2011 Eva Leger rated it liked it
Shelves: julias-books
This isn't my favorite Pinkalicious book but it's definitely a good one. Another reviewer mentioned loving the little brother character and I think I've mentioned the same thing before. (If I haven't I meant to.)
I really like these books for Julia, I like how the kids are displayed - with different kinds of people, people acting different ways, looking different, etc. I like that the "lesson" isn't shouted out at the end of the story. I guess 'subtle' wouldn't be the best word but it does come t
Modboy
Nov 22, 2012 Modboy rated it liked it
Recommended to Modboy by: Park Slope Library
I was surprised when my son brought this home from the library. He usually goes by age-old motto that girls and pink are bad, something he picked up early in school but luckily at that same place the teacher's introduced him to Pinkalicious. Admittedly far girl stereotyping in pinkness and sweetness it provides a story that boys and girls both should find funny and engaging. Challenged by a bully to a laugh-off Pinkalicious must come up with a joke and she does so in her own unique style. My son ...more
Bailey Forkner
Jan 31, 2016 Bailey Forkner rated it liked it
This book would be a wonderful "just for fun" read! It has a few bigger words that would be great to use when reading with children who are learning to read larger words and longer portions at a time. It teaches the lesson of being yourself and being confident in who you are, which is very important for the children who would be reading it to hear and learn about.
Anne
Aug 23, 2011 Anne rated it liked it
Shelves: young-children
This is our first adventure into the Pinkalicious world, and frankly, I don't get the appeal.
But. My 6 year old daughter didn't hate it. She didn't ask me to read it again...but she didn't hate it.
Maybe we started with the wrong book?
Jennifer Stark
Nov 04, 2010 Jennifer Stark rated it really liked it
What can I say about Pinkalicious?! My girls LOVE her books and look for new ones coming out. My 6,4,2, and 1 yr old sat in absolute silence while I read this to them, and begged me to read it again and again. Definately buy this book for the little girls in your life!
Jenni
My children enjoyed this book. They are really into telling jokes! The book gave us a starting point to talk about how sometimes doing your own thing may not be as good/funny/creative as completing a replica, but it is unique and something you did on your own.
Carolyn Booker
Jan 21, 2013 Carolyn Booker rated it really liked it
My Bridget has been dying of laughter because of the " pinky, stinky underwear" knock knock joke in this book. So cute! Jeremy said that the first time they read it she was laughing so hard that it was silent.
Shelbi Bishop
Dec 12, 2011 Shelbi Bishop rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Pinkalicious checks out a funny book from the library. She takes it to recess where everyone laughs but Tiffany. Tiffany challenges Pinkalicious to a laugh off. So Pinkalicious takes her on and she wins.

You could use this book to talk about how it feels to be nervous.
Victoria Drob
May 02, 2015 Victoria Drob rated it really liked it
Deanna 5-years-old: I don't like how Tiffany acted to Pinkalicious because she was mean to her. But when Pinkalicious had an idea to tickle her, she felt happy. I think the book is pretty. I like pink.
Child960801
Pinkalicious is challenged to a joke telling contest by one of the girls at school, but the catch is that she has to make up her own joke.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Jan 06, 2013 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it liked it
Pinkalicious took a little warming up to for me. However, now that I have read several, I do find them entertaining. Plus, my daughter loves Pinkalicious and her independent and unique spirit!
Pauline
Dec 31, 2015 Pauline rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Laughed our way through this joke-filled story!
PWRL
Jul 22, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Jodi
Jun 07, 2011 Jodi rated it really liked it
My three year old demands this to be read to her at least once a day. We may skip a day here or there but she definitely likes this one.
Darla
Mar 20, 2014 Darla rated it liked it
Shelves: kindergarten
Letter "J" for joke
Little Miss and the Legomeister
Little Miss is a big pink fan and loves Pinkalicious. I like how Pinkalicious is contrasted with her growing up too quickly peers. The story was cute, I liked it.
Ann
Feb 11, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jp-2013
Getting ready for my Pinkalicious Party!!!
Erin
Nov 20, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
cute
Kristina
Nov 03, 2016 Kristina rated it it was amazing
my daughter really enjoyed this book. I think it's a good book for beginner readers. I would recommend this book to others.
Maegan Delorme
Jan 06, 2017 Maegan Delorme rated it it was amazing
This was the fist Pinkalicious book that I read to my daughter, and it was the one that got us into the whole series. My 4 year old daughter is in love with these books.
Sharlet Mullen
Feb 05, 2013 Sharlet Mullen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Can't help laughing when you read this book. Very interactive book while you guess the punch line to the jokes
Megan Zimmerman
Jan 23, 2013 Megan Zimmerman rated it really liked it
Shelves: girls, friends
Pinkalicious is challenged to a laugh off by her friend Tiffany. Now she has to come up with a funnier joke. This is a fun story about friendship.
Kris
Jun 14, 2011 Kris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Lexi really likes this book. It cute and funny and teachs kids a little bit about bullies.
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
  • Fancy Nancy Halloween... or Bust!
  • Ponyella
  • Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs?
Victoria Kann is the award-winning illustrator and author of the picture book series featuring the whimsical and effervescent character Pinkalicious. Victoria coauthored and illustrated the first two books, Pinkalicious and Purplicious. In addition, she cowrote Pinkalicious: The Musical and wrote and illustrated the #1 New York Times bestsellers Goldilicious and Silverlicious. Currently she is wor ...more
More about Victoria Kann...

Pinkalicious (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Pinkalicious