Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink

Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink (Pinkalicious)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  256 ratings  ·  23 reviews
When Tiffany challenges Pinkalicious to a laugh-off, the pressure is on to create the most pinkerrifically funny joke of all time. Even if Pinkalicious doesn't win the contest, she's going to have a lot of fun trying!
Published July 27th 2010 by HarperFestival

Maria
What I Can Tell You:
Pinkalicious is still funny! Even my 7 year old son liked the book and has been seen reading it three times in the past 4 days.

Pinkalicious is reading jokes out of a joke book and her friends are hysterical laughing. When Tiffany challenges Pinkalicious to a Laugh-off without the help of a joke book, nerves set in.

When the term "pink" saves the day, everyone is happy, even Tiffany.

Even the "mean girls" in Pinkalicious are never that mean and I am always happy when Pinkaliciou...more
Sarah Sammis
Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink by Victoria Kann was a fortuitous find. Ian had taken the kids book shopping while I was doing a presentation for school. Sean chose a joke book and Harriet chose Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink, a story about Pinkalicious learning to tell jokes.

Pinkalicious ends up in a joke telling contest with one of the Goth girls from Purplicious. She goes home, much like Anne Shirley does in many of the Green Gables chapters, to panic over the contest and struggle to come up with the...more
Tanika Smith
I bought this book at a book fair for my 3yr. old daughter. I read it to her a lot,this book has become my daughter's favorite story! It's about a lil girl who goes to her school library to look for a good book. She ends up finding a pink book with gold letters on it. She reads a little of it...and finds it really funny, so she chks it out. During recess she reads the book to her circle of friends...and they also find the book really funny. But another student over hears pinkalicious reading the...more
Eva Leger
This isn't my favorite Pinkalicious book but it's definitely a good one. Another reviewer mentioned loving the little brother character and I think I've mentioned the same thing before. (If I haven't I meant to.)
I really like these books for Julia, I like how the kids are displayed - with different kinds of people, people acting different ways, looking different, etc. I like that the "lesson" isn't shouted out at the end of the story. I guess 'subtle' wouldn't be the best word but it does come t...more
Holly Letson
I wasn't really impressed with this one, since it was about a laugh-off, where neither joke was even funny.
------------
Pinkalicious checks out a joke book filled with funny jokes, and people laugh when she reads them. A classmate, Tiffany, gets jealous of her, because of this. So, Tiffany challenges her to create an original joke for a laugh-off. Whomever--her or Pinki--gets the most laughs will win.
The next day, each girl tells a stupid joke. Then, Pinki tickles people to make them laugh. I...more
Modboy
Nov 22, 2012 Modboy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Modboy by: Park Slope Library
I was surprised when my son brought this home from the library. He usually goes by age-old motto that girls and pink are bad, something he picked up early in school but luckily at that same place the teacher's introduced him to Pinkalicious. Admittedly far girl stereotyping in pinkness and sweetness it provides a story that boys and girls both should find funny and engaging. Challenged by a bully to a laugh-off Pinkalicious must come up with a joke and she does so in her own unique style. My son...more
Darla
Letter "J" for joke
Jennifer Stark
What can I say about Pinkalicious?! My girls LOVE her books and look for new ones coming out. My 6,4,2, and 1 yr old sat in absolute silence while I read this to them, and begged me to read it again and again. Definately buy this book for the little girls in your life!
Shelbi Bishop
Pinkalicious checks out a funny book from the library. She takes it to recess where everyone laughs but Tiffany. Tiffany challenges Pinkalicious to a laugh off. So Pinkalicious takes her on and she wins.

You could use this book to talk about how it feels to be nervous.
Jenni
My children enjoyed this book. They are really into telling jokes! The book gave us a starting point to talk about how sometimes doing your own thing may not be as good/funny/creative as completing a replica, but it is unique and something you did on your own.
Anne
This is our first adventure into the Pinkalicious world, and frankly, I don't get the appeal.
But. My 6 year old daughter didn't hate it. She didn't ask me to read it again...but she didn't hate it.
Maybe we started with the wrong book?
Carolyn Booker
My Bridget has been dying of laughter because of the " pinky, stinky underwear" knock knock joke in this book. So cute! Jeremy said that the first time they read it she was laughing so hard that it was silent.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Pinkalicious took a little warming up to for me. However, now that I have read several, I do find them entertaining. Plus, my daughter loves Pinkalicious and her independent and unique spirit!
Little Miss and the Legomeister
Little Miss is a big pink fan and loves Pinkalicious. I like how Pinkalicious is contrasted with her growing up too quickly peers. The story was cute, I liked it.
Megan Zimmerman
Pinkalicious is challenged to a laugh off by her friend Tiffany. Now she has to come up with a funnier joke. This is a fun story about friendship.
Jodi
My three year old demands this to be read to her at least once a day. We may skip a day here or there but she definitely likes this one.
Sharlet Mullen
Can't help laughing when you read this book. Very interactive book while you guess the punch line to the jokes
Kris
Lexi really likes this book. It cute and funny and teachs kids a little bit about bullies.
Michelle
Mariana really enjoyed this book. We will be checking out more of this series.
Ann
Getting ready for my Pinkalicious Party!!!
pinky stinky underwear? !
PWRL
Jul 22, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Antara
Antara marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • Fancy Nancy Halloween... or Bust!
  • Biscuit Visits the Big City
  • Ponyella
  • Apple Trouble!
Victoria Kann is the award-winning illustrator and author of the picture book series featuring the whimsical and effervescent character Pinkalicious. Victoria coauthored and illustrated the first two books, Pinkalicious and Purplicious. In addition, she cowrote Pinkalicious: The Musical and wrote and illustrated the #1 New York Times bestsellers Goldilicious and Silverlicious. Currently she is wor...more
More about Victoria Kann...
Pinkalicious Purplicious Goldilicious Silverlicious Pinkalicious: School Rules!