Start by marking “Reckless Heart (Reckless, #4)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Heart (Reckless, #4)

Reckless Heart (Reckless #4)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
No one promised Milo a silver spoon, but being disowned was beyond his expectations. Amidst all the drama, he does the one thing sure to make life more complex: he falls in love with a man. Not just any man. One destined to break his heart.
Published July 6th 2010 by Loose Id (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Heart

Daisiemae
When Milo Santiago was truthful about his homosexuality to his family and friends, his entire world was turned upside down. Not only has his parents practically disowned him; his friends from his hometown have turned their backs on him too. Since Milo is only eighteen, he’s trying to save some money so he can attend college and have the independent life that he craves. He’s working full shifts as a waiter, and living with his older brother, Dante.

One afternoon, Milo spots an older, handsome man
Dina
This was the 4th (and last) book in the Reckless series and I was glad to to see things ending in a high note, after being somewhat disappointed with the previous book.

When I started reading this book, I was kind of wary of Milo's age - he's only 18 - but he won me over with his unexpected maturity. Sure, he had some few whiny moments, but they fit the story and didn't annoy me. In fact, I felt his insecurity as if it was my own.

Cam was a little harder to understand at first, as I didn't know wh
Ryan
Aug 29, 2010 Ryan rated it it was amazing
The Reckless series has been one of my favorites in the gay romance genre so far. I liked the intensity between characters and the obvious affection all of the past characters had for each other.
Jenre
Jul 19, 2010 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
I’ve enjoyed all the books in Amanda Young’s Reckless series and I’ve been looking forward to Milo’s story. He’s always come across as a bit of a bratty hot-head and so I was interested to see whether he could be a sympathetic hero. I needn’t have worried because there’s a good reason why Milo is as he is and I thought that part was handled well by the author.

The story begins with a dare. Milo works as a waiter, trying to scrape enough money together for college. He lives with his brother Dante,
Betryal
Jul 17, 2010 Betryal rated it really liked it
A man's ego can be his evil downfall is the saying which comes to my mind on this story. I'm glad I chose this one to read and at the most opportune moment. A light love story without the abundance of sex scenes that tend to clusterfawk a story into oblivion with no turning back. It was simple, easy to follow and well put. No confusion added.

Boy meets man.
Boy gets rebuffed.
Boy takes a chance.
Boy wins what he most desires in the end. The man.

Great write by Amanda.
Ebook Addict Reviews
This is the fourth book in Amanda Young’s Reckless series and I’m here to say that it’s the perfect story with which to end the series. At least I’m assuming it’s the end with that epilogue.

Have I mentioned that I love epilogues? Well I do, I really do! And this one ties everything up beautifully. But if you want to know what it’s about then you’re definitely going to have to get your own copy ‘cause my lips are sealed!

Milo is a relatively new character; he’s Dante’s brother and he showed up in
Elisa Rolle
Like all the other books in the series, Reckless Heart plays a bit with the twink theme, i.e. a slightly older man who fall in love with a barely legal boy.

Milo is Dante’s little brother, one of the above older men, and when it’s time for his brother to fall in love for a man, Dante readily forget that he himself is involved with a 19 years old boy, when he is well over 30. Actually Cam, the man Milo falls in love with, is “only” 26 years old, so the age gap is not much, more than the differenc
Marcella
Feb 22, 2011 Marcella rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Milo? I thought he was going to be young and naive, especially considering he is 18 years old and just came out as being gay.

Well surprise surprise, Milo is not some naive teenager. He knows what he wants and goes for it. He may be young when it comes to some things, but when it comes to relationships, he knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it.

He meets Cam at the restaurant he works at, Pearl. Milo makes a move on Cam and gets shot down. They have a chance meeti
Mary
Oct 10, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
Table4Five
Dec 14, 2010 Table4Five rated it it was amazing
This series is all about fighting for what you want. And Milo definatly isn't going to give up on what he wants. Cam so isn't interested in the snot nose little brat. But what he isn't aware of, is that what is meant to be WILL be. And Milo will make sure of it. This the last book in the series and it was closed out nicely. Sad to see the characters go as they do grow on you. If you enjoyed the first three, then I recommend this one. Happy Reading!
mah1
Jun 11, 2014 mah1 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, favorites
Yay! I'm one of those maniacs who fills their wish lists with books and then every few months or so buys half of them without even remembering what those books are about. Then they get shoved on my TBR pile and randomly pickded up. Most of the books I've bought are simply bad.

So, when I picked up this one, read it through and loved it, I was nearly squealing because I was so happy. The MCs were great and pretty well fleshed out, even though the story was an unashamed boy meets boy.

Whatäs more,
T.T. Kove
Great ending to an awesome series!
Lee Rey
Sep 01, 2015 Lee Rey rated it really liked it
Greatly enjoyed seeing the love and romance build in this story since its the final installment to the series!

(view spoiler)
Wendy Ann
Apr 21, 2012 Wendy Ann rated it liked it
Oh boy, Milo’s attempt to snag Cam’s attention at the beginning of the story had to include one of the worst pickup lines I’ve ever heard – LOL! Regardless, it was representative of the more raw, or perhaps blunt, dialogue and descriptions used to tell the story. I liked this one, but never felt a great connection between the characters. I think part of it was due to Cam’s kind of cocky but distant personality, as well as the literal distance the character’s had to overcome to be together. Appre ...more
Det
Jul 10, 2014 Det rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, read-series
5 stars for a very good ending to the series! (^O^) ...more
Adara
Sep 10, 2010 Adara rated it liked it
This is my second favorite of the couples, I think because Milo has such a strong sense of himself. And I liked him and Cam.

I did like the epilogue at the end of Reckless Heart because it gave us a future look at all 3 couples.

However, the typos were bothersome, and after reading this series all together, if I don't read any form of the verb "to lave" in the next dozen books I read, I'll be very happy. (#InDesperateNeedOfAThesaurus)
Ami
Jul 17, 2010 Ami rated it liked it
The 4th story of the Reckless series (which I think is the last one?) is not as gripping as the first three. I don't know why, but I cannot really connect with either Milo or Cam. I think, after Cam rejects Milo in the restaurant, the way they get on it right after at the pool is just, uhm, weird ... However, Ms. Young still pens a good story with issues about family and long distance relationship. The epilogue itself is really beautiful.
Seregil
Nov 23, 2011 Seregil rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, mm
I haven't read the other books in the series, but this one bored me so much!
The beginning held some promise (a bit of opposites attract, tension), but after that it went quickly downhill (for me): smut, smut, a bit of drama and distance and then more smut. I read about 3/4 of it and I stopped when I went from feeling like I should skip some pages to wanting to skip straight to the end.
Teetee
Jun 08, 2013 Teetee rated it liked it
Solid finish to the series. Not as good as the other three books but great epilogue for all three couples.
Serehtt
Great ending to an awesome series!
Arzu
Sep 22, 2010 Arzu rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Nina
Nina added it
Mar 07, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Felipa Garrido
Felipa Garrido marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Karla
Karla rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2016
Amneris Cesare
Amneris Cesare rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Sapphire
Sapphire marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Nina
Nina rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
  • Still the One (The Best Gift, #2)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Perfect Ten: A Going for the Gold Novel
  • A Realistic Romance
  • Letting In the Light
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Left of Centre
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • From Afar
  • And a Smile - Season One (Roughstock, #2)
  • Fallon's Jewel
  • Heaven Sent 2 (Heaven Sent, #3 & #4)
Amanda Young is a multi-published, erotic romance author. Since she tends to write whatever strikes her whimsy, all of her novels fall into various subgenres. You never know what merry adventure her evil muse will devise next.

For more information about Amanda, please visit her website: http://www.AmandaYoung.org.
More about Amanda Young...

Reckless (4 books)
  • Reckless Seduction (Reckless, #1)
  • Reckless Behavior (Reckless, #2)
  • Reckless Passion (Reckless, #3)