Start by marking “Maps of Hell” as Want to Read:
Maps of Hell

Maps of Hell (Matt Wells #3)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  16 reviews
I fell into the deepest of holes. I am no one.

I awake in a windowless room—naked, filthy, bruised, robbed of my every memory. I feel inexplicably drowned in a sea of hatred and rage. I…don't know who I am. But I know I must escape.

This is Matt Wells, hero of The Death List and The Soul Collector, as you've never seen him.

Crime writer Matt Wells could n
Published April 20th 2010 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about Maps of Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maps of Hell

Darcia Helle
I did not realize that this book was the third in a series and had not read the previous two. While Matt Wells, the main character, spends a large portion of the story trying to figure out who he is, I was just as confused as he was. This made for an engaging, if not somewhat strange, read.

The stuff I enjoyed: This book is nonstop action and suspense and kept me on edge most of the way. The characters are intriguing and made me want to keep reading to find out what happens to them. The plot unfo
Elizabeth A.
In Maps of Hell, British crime writer Matt Wells initially has a bigger problem on his hands than nailing his enemies… he has to figure out who he is first.

The book opens with Matt regaining consciousness in a tiny cell, naked, beaten and unable to recall who he is or how he got there. He’s taken from his cell repeatedly for bizarre, Clockwork Orange-esque sessions aimed at conditioning his mind… but to what end? Matt doesn’t want to stick around long enough to find out.

Taking advantage of a lap
Elizabeth A.
If there was one thing I had learned in the U.S., it was the benefit of nailing your enemies before they nailed you. – Matt Wells

Leah
Gem
Where to start! This book was terrible! I read this on the train to a work conference in Manchester and picked so many faults and cliches from it that it was untrue.

There are so many typing errors in the book that it is almost impossible to see past them. The editors must have been asleep on the job when they read through it. Johnston's characters are mostly 2D and unlikeable and the main character seems to have a derogatory view of women (something that was so glaringly obvious that it was dif
Alex Dupre'
This is my favorite book by far. It starts out so weird, yet appealing. I couldn't stop seeing the images that the book embedded into my mind. I personally found it very thrilling, and unpredictable. You can never really guess what a character will do. This book is not what it seems initially be, but that is how it stays interesting. The way the author lets you see through each characters' eyes let me see how each character thinks in his/her own way. The storyline is pretty original, and intrica ...more
Blakerrss!
Actually, I was not aware that this was the third book in a series. So, as Matt Wells was confused about who he was, I was right there with him. With this con, it was still a great read. If you've ever seen a movie, and pretty much just know whats going to happen next, then this read will blow you away. Like when Matt stumbles upon a small town by riding in the back of a log truck without being spotted for several hours, who would have guessed? The thought put into the book is very, very good. J ...more
Liesl
Found it hard to get in to - a little ott, maybe? - but ended up enjoying it enough to order the next one in the series.
Peter Charleston
The story was a little confusing to me at first but then things started falling in place. A lot of action and suspense throughout the chapters. An enjoyable reading adventure.
Jade Herrera
I was a bit confused with how things were going. I actually thought that I must have skipped another sequel but as the story unfolds it gets better. However, there was something lacking in the story. The elements of blood thirst, suspense and mystery I found in The Death List and The Soul Collector was lacking in Maps of Hell.
James Kidd
Great start, and pretty enjoyable, but overall I lost interest the further I progressed. I liked the first person narrative, liked the premise, but there were annoying parts that didn't quite gel for me. It is a 3.5 stars book, but ggodreads does not allow half stars.
Madaline
Started with the third book in this series. Average read. Those who follow the series will understand more of the intricate details. This did not make this a bad read for someone starting in the middle of te series.
Judy
A very cleverly written book. Lots of action, tension and excitement and at times a bit gruesome. Although slightly far-fetched it was a thoroughly good read!
Ricardo
Really, really bad. It was such a bad book that I won't even bother reading the follow up "The Nameless Dead."
David
Just loved this one, a man against all the agencies and the bad men.
Pauline
Good fast paced read even though a bit hard to believe.
Nicole Sterdan
Nicole Sterdan is currently reading it
Aug 29, 2015
Maria Hill
Maria Hill marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Linda
Linda is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2015
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Jack
Jack marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Ryan Melton
Ryan Melton marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Antonis Yannopoulos
Antonis Yannopoulos marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Eileen
Eileen added it
Jul 12, 2015
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Trapped  (Randall Shane #2)
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • Romeo Spikes
  • Coming Home (Sophie Anderson, #6)
  • Reality Ends Here
  • Reconstructing Brigid
  • SEAL Survival Guide: A Navy SEAL's Secrets to Surviving Any Disaster
  • The Monsters In Your Neighborhood (Monstrosity, #2)
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • Damn Him to Hell (Saturn's Daughter, #2)
  • Closing In
  • The Reluctant Reaper  (The Reluctant Reaper, #1)
  • Silver Falls
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
  • We Are Not Good People
  • Deceptive Innocence: Part 3 (Pure Sin, #1.3)
  • Celebromancy (Ree Reyes, #2)
  • Bronx Justice (Jaywalker, #2)
Paul Johnston was born in Edinburgh, studied Greek at Oxford, and now divides his time between the UK and a small Greek island. His highly-acclaimed Quintilian Dalrymple series won the John Creasey Memorial Dagger for best first crime novel.

Series:
* Quint Dalrymple
* Alex Mavros
* Matt Wells
More about Paul Johnston...

Matt Wells (4 books)