Start by marking “The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series)” as Want to Read:
The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series)

The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians companion book)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  41,119 ratings  ·  1,576 reviews

How do you handle an encounter with Medusa on the New Jersey interstate? What's the best way to take down a minotaur? Become an expert on everything in Percy's world with this must-have guide to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Complete with interviews, puzzles, games, and original short stories by Rick Riordan.

Published August 27th 2009 by Disney Book Group (first published February 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Demigod Files, please sign up.

Serena No, it's not. It has Percy Jackson short stories and "interviews", maps, puzzles, and word games.
Serena It has some trivia and short stories. :)
I'd borrow it from a friend or the library before deciding to buy though.

Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction}
Erin
Let me preface this review by saying that I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series. I recommend it to kids all the time, and have read the first four books. I did not like this little addition. I have to admit I was mightily turned off by the little Disney logo next to the Hyperion imprint. Intellectual snob? Little ole me?

Maybe the Disney thing wouldn't have left such an impression had the pictures included with the text not resembled so many a Disney character. Did Chiron have to look
Mario
I enjoyed reading this so much, I loved the short stories. Gotta say that my favorite was the one with the dragon, just because it had both Percy and Annabeth in it.
Robert Chartrand
Mar 28, 2009 Robert Chartrand rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Shelves: fantasy, teen
The Demigod Files is more of a companion novel to the series than actually part of the series itself...I think. The book contains various mini-bios on a few of the main characters and gods. As well as a map of the camp grounds and a few other features that are sure to please any fan of the series.
In my opinion, the biggest bonuses of the book are the three short stories that it contains. Now, I'm not sure if the stories are completely separate from the overall plot of the series and therefore ha
Maggie
Mar 26, 2009 Maggie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA fantasy lovers
Shelves: fantasy
There is a story in this book concerning the Big Three's children, Thalia, Nico, and Percy and their adventure in the Underworld that's my fave. Full of humor, danger, mythological power, and the annoying gods. This is not a necessary read following Battle of the Labyrinth but it's a must-read if you're a huge fan.
Tiny Mendoza
I don't know why most of my Goodreads friends rated it kinda low, but I, on the other hand really enjoyed reading it.
I loved the mini-stories, especially the one featuring the Sword of Hades. (view spoiler)
Burning Phoenix63
Valentina
It really helped me to understand a bit more the world of Percy Jackson, also the stories were pretty cool
Isabelle
"Christmas in the Underworld was NOT my idea. If I'd known what was coming, I would've called in sick. I could've avoided an army of demons, a fight with a Titan, and a trick that almost got my friends and me cast into eternal darkness.
But no, I had to take my stupid English exam."

The Demigod Files includes three short stories and some interviews with a few characters. All three short stories are set after The Battle of the Labyrinth and before The Last Olympian. They were fabulous. They were s
Aprille
"Percy, you’re a brave guy," she said. "Just take the compliment. I swear, it is so hard?" We locked eyes. Our faces were, like, two inches apart. My chest felt a little funny, like my heart was trying to do jumping jacks. - The Demigod Files
Julie
I'll be posting reviews for all my re-reads once I've actually completed most of them so there isn't too much of a delay and I can start reading mainly new books again.
Rain Jeys
For Dusty Bookshelf Challenge 2013:
Dusty Bookshelf Challenge
Has been on my to-read list since February 2010.

This book is so worth the time and money. Sometimes it's annoying when you're a fan and you want to gobble up everything related to the series, but some of it just isn't worth it? Not here. We get three short stories, one of which actually ties in to a later book and all of which give excellent background and world-expansion. Not to mention we get a map of Camp Half Blood! I wish that map had been included at th
Ser Winterborn
Now I'm a huge fantasy buff and I understand the Percy Jackson books are intended for children below 12, but still, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. The dialogue is terribly bad, I hate seeing the greek gods with which I grew up talking like some american teenagers. Yeah I know, this is modern, it's fast-paced, it's supposed to be an easy read for children, get them into books, but not like this. There tons of other better examples (see Harry Potter or The Chronicles of Narnia).

This book has
P.Z.
เลมนีประกอบดวยเรืองสัน 3 เรือง และกมีขอมูลสัมภาษณตัวละครอีกนิดหนอย

- เพอรซีย แจกสันกับรถมาศึกทีถูกขโมย -
เรืองนีไมมีอะไร แคแคลรีสตามหารถมาศึกทีหายไปของแอรีสโดยมีเพอรซียคอยชวย

- เพอรซีย แจกสันกับมังกรสัมฤทธิ - 1/2
เรืองนีอานแลวเฉยๆ เปนชวงทีเพอรซียอยูในคายและเผอิญไปเจอมังกรสัมฤทธิตอนแขงเกมชิงธง

- เพอรซีย แจกสันกับดาบแหงฮาเดส -
เรืองนีสนุกมากในทีสุดในบรรดาสามเรือง นิโค เพอรซีย ธาเลียตองตามหาดาบของฮาเดสทีหายไป มีตัวละครโผลมาเยอะแยะเลย ทีสำคัญมีบอบขวัญใจเราโผลมาดวยแหละ 555 ตอนเราอานเลม HoH กสงสัยวาบอบไปค
Eureca Laurice
Shhhh I quietly private-read it on bookstore, but it was open and yes, they allowed to private read on that bookstore. But I miss that bookstore now, they renovated it and it became smaller and reading space where you can hangout was removed. So I have to move to a new hangout place where they allowed to private read. Buhahahah I'm cheap, I know.
And this the only Riordan book that we didn't bought. Gahh, way to expensive than normal thing, because of that glowy-shiny thing on its cover. Anyway,
Valerie
Apr 01, 2011 Valerie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Valerie by: Gerson
3.5 but one star up since I like Riordan.

Normally I don't go for short stories because I almost always think there is more that needs to be said after it's over. But I figured I'd give it a go since it was short and I needed something that wasn't going to take a lot of time. It has two or three short stroies, some interviews with the main characters, and pictures/profiles of our favorite characters. After watching the movie I thought indignantly that this is how I thougth the characters really l
Cielo
Really funny and cute, kind of a light read. I really liked this series and I didn't even know this book existed until very recently. I found it when I was trying to find "the sword of hades". I like the mini bios the best because they where the funniest. It also had a few short stories that although they aren't as good as the actual books, where kind of hilarious. I especially liked the one about Claire's chariot.
Casey
This book takes Percy and his friends on many adventures to help out friends in need and not so nice gods. Will he save his friends before time runs out and at the same time stop a thief? Read this book to find out. This book also includes a inside look at Annabeth's trunk , a few intervies with 5 of the most important characters, and a look at camp half- bloods map. Read this book if you dare.

This book is fun loving adventures, that might make you jump a litte bit. This book might make you thin
Aso
5 stars for three short stories,
3 stars for the other "accecories".
Juliana Castro
This little companion to Percy Jackson and the Olympians was a collection of short stories like: Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot, Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon and Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades. It also includes some top secret interviews with Clarisse, Grover, Percy, the Stolls, and Annabeth. As I was reading these stories I felt that anxiety when I knew Percy was in danger. I felt that preoccupation for Percy and the others. This was really good, AND IT HAS CROSSWORD PUZZLES ...more
Rita
This was a nice addition to the series.

I enjoyed the additional short stories as well as all of the extra info regarding the Gods, some of the Demigods' weapons and interviews with a few of the Demigods.

Although this companion did not fill the void that was left when I finished the Percy Jackson and the Olympians-series, I still enjoyed all of the stories.

As soon as I'm off of my book buying ban, I'm going to order all of the (so far) available Heroes of Olympus books.
Alex Spencer
I really enjoyed this book for a few reasons. Reading the entire Heroes of Olympus series at one time is often very monotonous. So, I recommend reading this collection of small stories in the middle of the series to freshen things up. The Demigod Files was great because the 3 stories it tells are short, sweet and give the reader some background on the main series. We learn why the Titan named Bob is in the Underworld when Percy meets him in the House of Hades. We also learn more about the bronze ...more
Aurélie (Exploring Pages)
More reviews on my blog, Exploring Pages.
"If I was going to pick one person in the world to reattach my head," I said, "I'd pick you."
-- Rick Riordan, 'The Demigod Files

I'm being nothing but honest here when I say I don't want to deal with my feelings, which may have something to do with 'The Blood of Olympus'. Because I'm not ready yet to express my thoughts about the final book in the Heroes of Olympus series, it only seemed logical that I would read the only book out of all the Percy Jackson
Frankie
Dion Yulianto
Om Rick Riordan yang baik sudah memperingatkan di sampul belakang buku ini bahwa selalu ada konsekuensi dibalik setiap akses terhadap kekuatan besar. Para demigod atau anak-anak blasteran adalah contohnya. Terlahir dari hubungan antara dewa-dewi kuno dan manusia biasa menjadikan para blasteran sebagai anak-anak yang memiliki kekuatan super dan berbagai kelebihan yang melebihi orang-orang biasa di sekitarnya. Beberapa di antaranya mampu mengendalikan air (seperti Percy, putra Poseidon), memiliki ...more
Margret
Jul 09, 2009 Margret rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Katrina Abad
Shelves: 2009, myths
Agustina
4.5.

La verdad que me gustó mucho, está muy bueno y te hace entender cosas que mas adelante pasan, además de que te entretiene con la gracia que siempre caracterizo a Percy para describir todo lo que vive.
Dios bendiga tu imaginación Riordan.
KIEN NGUYEN
The book, Percy Jackson: The Demigod’s Files by Rick Riordan, is a book containing 3 different adventures about Percy and his friends when they are forced to face the grueling challenges. All 3 adventures are very short but don't let the size fool you, it's pretty entertaining. If that, by any means, is not enough for you, then Mr.Riordan also added a set of mini-interviews with the demigods to express their opinions and personalities.
If nothing else, this book have to be the best filler ever
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Awesome! A nice, short, and satisfying read for those of us who are waiting oh-so-impatiently for the fifth Percy Jackson book. ^_^ Exciting, funny ... everything that makes Percy Jackson so lovable.
Open World Learni...: The Demigod Files 1 2 Apr 27, 2015 12:35AM
The Nooks of Books: The Demigod Files 4 12 Apr 23, 2015 11:21PM
Words Breathe Life: The Demigod Files 1 1 Feb 25, 2015 10:09PM
Fangirls and Fanboys: The Demigod Files by Rick Riordan --> Starting June 29th 12 17 Jul 18, 2014 06:55AM
If demigods know Jesus is not real and the worship their parents, why does percy celabrate christmas?? 4 49 May 12, 2014 06:57AM
Percy Jackson Fan...: The Demigod Files 64 67 Apr 02, 2014 11:44PM
DEMIGOD FILES!!! 30 131 Nov 10, 2013 09:30PM
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • The Artemis Fowl Files (Artemis Fowl, #0.5, #1.5)
  • Tales of the Greek Heroes: Retold From the Ancient Authors
  • The Siren Song (Cronus Chronicles, #2)
  • Pandora Gets Vain (Mythic Misadventures #2)
  • One False Note (The 39 Clues, #2)
  • Beyond the Grave (The 39 Clues #4)
  • Hunted (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #3)
  • The Viper's Nest (39 Clues, #7)
  • The Magykal Papers (Septimus Heap, #7.5)
  • Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Peter and the Starcatchers, #3)
  • You Have to Stop This (Secret, #5)
  • Once Upon a Crime (The Sisters Grimm, #4)
  • The Scar (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files Bonus)
  • Sabotaged (The Missing, #3)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)

“Christmas in the Underworld was NOT my idea.
But no, I had to take my stupid English exam.”
439 likes
“You stood up to the dragon so Beckendorf would have his chance to jump - now that was brave."
"Or pretty stupid."
"Percy, you're a brave guy," she said. "Just take the compliment. I swear, is it so hard?”
349 likes