Start by marking “Los Sangre Azul (Los Sangre Azul, #1)” as Want to Read:
Los Sangre Azul (Los Sangre Azul, #1)

Los Sangre Azul (Blue Bloods #1)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  116,718 Ratings  ·  4,516 Reviews
Hay tantas cosas capaces de causar la muerte prematura a una persona: aneurisma, ataque cardíaco, coma diabético... Schuyler lo sabía. Había perdido a su padre cuando era una niña y su madre llevaba años en coma.

La vida era más frágil de lo que la gente pensaba: un día podías estar fumando en un callejón del Lower East Side con tus amigos o bailando sobre las mesas de una
Published October 1st 2009 by Tikal (first published March 27th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Los Sangre Azul, please sign up.

Destiny Rodríguez The twin blood bond is basically marriage. its when two souls are twinned in heaven. its sacred to the code of the vampires and you die if you break…moreThe twin blood bond is basically marriage. its when two souls are twinned in heaven. its sacred to the code of the vampires and you die if you break it. schuyler's mom is not related to Charles as well as Mimi and jack(less)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
My old review of this was really embarrassing so ... yeah. It's been like four or five years since I read this, so I can't say I remember much about it. I just remember feeling no sympathy for the characters, and thinking the plot was weird and confusing and whatnot. It was not my cup of tea.
Jan 10, 2009 karenbee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear. This is like the Twilight thing, isn't it? It's SO HORRIBLE and I can't stop reading.

Okay, the good: Melissa de la Cruz, in Blue Bloods, has created a whole new sort of vampire. All the old Buffy rules are out. It involves a REALLY complicated bunch of lore, but by the end, I understood most of the rules. Oh, also good, I was surprised by mention of Roanoke, one of my pet fascinations. There is a little bit of a history lesson (not too serious, don't worry about thinking, other than the
Feb 13, 2009 Katy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katy by: (Borrowed from Erin R.)
This book was a massive mental battle for me, between the decent parts of the plot (notice I say PLOT, not book) and the horrendousness of the rest of the book. Okay, let me put this bluntly: "Blue Bloods" stunk.

First of all, the story was not believable. Not because it included a pack of civilized vampires that were conveniently all wealthy and living in New York City. Because the characters' reactions were so obviously fabricated that I rolled my eyes more than once while reading. Schuyler, fo
Sep 04, 2008 Crystal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who don't like books with substance
I absolutely hated this book. HATED it. I'm not sure I've ever been able to say that about a novel before, but I can honestly say that about this one. Being a long-time fan of vampires, I picked this up at Barnes & Noble thinking that it might be a quick, easy, interesting read. The book itself is not terribly long, but I had a hard time getting through it.

For one thing, that characters aren't likable...AT ALL. The vampires are an ancient group of rich, snobby elitists who care more about f
Oct 27, 2008 Haley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book had the potential to be amazing: affluent teens learn in their fifteenth year that they are reincarnated vampires who will never really die, only come back to reenter another 'cycle' of life.

unfortunately, it was terrible. One gets the impression that La Cruz either rushed through this, or had a constant bout of writers block. The writing is forced and trite, and things that should have been ommitted (why do we need a description of every single item of food throughout the book?)and s
Apr 07, 2013 Leah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Okay....I have to drag my soap box sckrrrkk (keep in mind this is my opinion and I don't wish to offend anyone). Alright, I began to read junior fiction and young adult books to cut out the undesirable sex scenes and vulgar language. Well, I have had to stop reading highly entertaining young adult books because of the sex and language. I am highly disappointed in the trend now-a-days. Is it any wonder teen pregnancy is a problem, as well as substance abuse and vulgar language, if this k ...more
Feb 21, 2010 Jaemi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Schuyler Van Alen leads a mixed-up life. She attends a prestigious NYC school, where she doesn't fit in with her peers, except her best friend Oliver, and though her family used to be one of the wealthiest in the city, their holdings are now few and money sparse. She doesn't know her father, her mother has been in a coma in the hospital for most of her life, and she lives with her foreboding grandmother.

When the uber-boy at school suddenly takes an interest in her, she doesn't know what to think
I guess I got caught up with all of the vampire folklore because of the Twilight series, and I was looking for a substitute. Blue Bloods is a light and to a small degree entertaining read. It kept me interested barely enough to want to finish the book, but it definitely was not captivating.

I feel the author had an opportunity to develop her plot, which was extremely original. However, the entire novel lacked some sort of cohesive concept or stimulating event to give the storyline some needed sp
Kristen Bongard
Jan 31, 2009 Kristen Bongard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my silly love of teen vampire books. Melissa de la Cruz makes a fun world, easy to read, with characters that you love and hate. Full of all the angst and envy of a proper high school novel, but with the added bite of the supernatural.

I'm charmed by Schuyler, the accidentally beautiful protagonist. She is endearing in her inability to fit in, which is something I'm sure many of us can relate to.

The Force Twins. How can you help but love to hate Mimi Force? A girl who has everything, and kno
J.D. Stroube
This series is basically Gossip Girl meets Twilight. Melissa de la Cruz is obviously a great author...However, she does not follow through with this series. She spends more time talking about designer labels, and what the elite are wearing...than she does building up the plot.

I felt completely let down, because many people had suggested this series to me.

Having said that...
I still want to know what happens, which means I will give Melissa de la Cruz a second chance by reading the second install
Mar 06, 2009 Eileen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I read all three of these books in a day apiece. They're badly written, ludicrous candy. Seriously, rich NYC socialite vampires? Who are also ANGELS? And models, apparently? And are almost 100% undeveloped as characters?

Don't get me started on how "Croatan" actually refers to one of the native American tribes in the barrier islands of NC, and was probably meant to serve as a direction for the rest of the Roanaoke colonists when they came back from England. I mean, yes, the whole subject of the R
Denys L.H.
Mar 08, 2009 Denys L.H. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: wealthy fucks
Starting with the positive points, they had really interesting vampires. The idea of older generations of vampires being reincarnated into future generations sounded pretty cool. They don't really die, they come back in the future generations as someone else with the same soul. I thought that was pretty well thought-out.

Now it's time for the negative points. And boy, did I have many. First, the writing. I was getting sick of all those detailed descriptions about clothing and what designer brand
Dec 12, 2009 Tatiana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls obsessed with opulent NYC lifestyle, name brands, and vampires
Recommended to Tatiana by: Heather, Crystal
Shelves: 2009, ya, romancelandia
This is the first book in another paranormal YA series. I've been disappointed with quite a few lately, but "Blue Bloods" seems a little bit better than some.

First of all, it's not based solely on romance. For a change, this book is written in 3rd person, so you don't have to endure hundreds of pages in a mind of some boy-obsessed teenage girl. Cruz also develops a rather interesting vampire lore which even has some well-known historical events weaved into it.

I am not going to pretend however th
Petra (Safari Poet)
After reading the premise I thought this book had the potential to be really good, but it didn't really reach them for me. Like most vampire books, it has it's own unique take on them which was the only part of the story I loved.

Usually, I like to see a story being told from different perspectives, but here it was a little annoying. In some cases you would have the exact same sequence of events explained, the only difference being the perspective, which didn't add much to the storyline.

I like S
Jan 03, 2011 Joyzi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire fans, peeps who don't mind ripoffs
Recommended to Joyzi by: Julie and Szam
Book Review

(This pic is from btw)

I've been wanting to read this series for a long time now but unfortunately I was always got sidetracked by other vampire series (e.g. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Vampire Academy, House of Night, Evernight Series, Morganville Vampires, Sookie Stackhouse series, The Mortal Instruments Trilogy, Night Huntress). Whoa that was a long list, should I just say I'm a vampire addict? (blame this on Meyer's Twilight).

Okay so yeah I picked it up du
I've just started this book, and there are a number of things in which this book is disappointing.

For one, Melissa de la Cruz keeps on nagging about what everybody is wearing. On and on. I couldn't care less. It also contributes to annoying fact #2. The books moves damn slowly. I'm on page 97 and nothing has happened so far. And the same plot-hints are being dropped over and over. I'm laying the book away now, perhaps I will finish it later...

... And I picked it up anyway, like 3 hours later..
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Dec 30, 2010 Annalisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Annalisa by: Annie
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
De la Cruz does an impressive job of creating a world of high society New York vampires that date all the way back to Plymouth, to the beginning of time, really, but the book focuses on Plymouth. I loved that she ties her story into a bit of real historical mystery, the Lost Colony of Roanoke, a group of early pilgrim settlers that disappeared without a trace. Family lines and real estate and designer clothes are all important to setting the stage for the New York it crowd, but the name-dropping ...more
Feb 01, 2016 Rubal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, meh, fantasy
The Mythology:-

It's different than the usual vampire-lore used in every other YA vampire novel.Something interesting.And that is one of the reasons why I will probably read the sequels.To see how the author develops this Gossip Girls meets Vampires story of rich and affluent vampires who are actually fallen angels ,all in the backdrop of high school .

The Name dropping:-

Paragraphs have been devoted to describe what the characters are wearing in tedious details.A little mention here and there does
Kat Kennedy
So I was reading a Cracked article a little while ago. It told me that you get addicted to pop music because it sets off the pleasure centre of your brain. Cracked also told me that your brain derives pleasure from particularly predictable music because your brain enjoys predicting things and enjoys being right even more.

Nickelback are crapity, crap, crap!
Finally, humanity's explanation for Nickelback

No... seriously, look at this:

Look at this photograph
Everytime I do it makes me _________
How did our eyes get so red
And what the he
Arielle Walker
Superficial with not much substance, an oddly paced plot that I don't think actually went anywhere, and I didn't love this as much as I did when I was 15 but it's a pretty decent guilty pleasure, a lot of fun. Same as reading gossip magazines at the hairdressers really.
ACTUAL RATİNG:2.75 stars

The Ingredients:Add The Gossip Girl. Mix it with Beverly Hills. Add a bit of Twilight. And a little piece from every YA novel you can remember reading.

The Final Taste/The Verdict:Doesnt leave a bad taste in your mouth but it definitely could have been better.

The Story:The glamorous life of the Upper East Side citiziens

-with a vampire twist.

What Went Wrong:What the book focuses on is completely wrong. The author should have focused on the story than what the characters we
Colleen Houck
I almost felt like I was in NYC again while reading this book. Love the idea of the silver bloods and the connection to the pilgrims. Very creative!
May 21, 2012 Traci rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Traci by: the library
What the actual hell did I just read?

Okay, I'll admit, I picked this up in the first place because it sounded vaguely like Gossip Girl, which is a guilty pleasure of mine. It also sounded vaguely like Twilight, which I wouldn't really call a guilty pleasure, but I will admit that there was a lot of entertainment value there.

I feel like I just went to a distant relative's house for dinner, and I'm not sure what exactly happened in the kitchen and I'm a little afraid to ask, but I have to be pol
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Read the full review here @A Perfection Called Books

The Concept:

Blue Bloods is a trio combination of Gossip Girl, angels, and vampires. The idea and premise of this series is original and great! Basically the angels who sided with Lucifer were cast down from heaven and now they are Blue Bloods, vampires, who live in 100 year long cycles, trying to achieve redemption. I like it! It's a cool concept :) Some parts of the concept are a bit hard to grasp. Cruz doesn't do a very good job of explaining
May 30, 2015 Kiki marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

What is that? What's it mean? How do you say it?

It's like that time I tried desperately to move my mouth around "Aglionby" and ended up globbing cake crumbs all down my shirt.
E. C. McRoy
**Also published on my YA Book Blog**

Okay, so the premise of this book is sort of interesting. I don't usually go for the angel demon explanation (because it seems so common these days), so that was slightly off putting, but I was willing to look past it. Having the stuff with the Roanoke colony was cool and I actually wish that had been more of the focus. The present day stuff was too much and over the top. All the glam, the brands, the rich jerk attitude. It was like half the book was just nam
Oct 15, 2015 Jilly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so fucking stupid that I lost IQ points while reading it. The only reason I didn't DNF it was for the joke material. Because, seriously, this book has to be a joke, right?

The premise had some potential - vampires who came over on the Mayflower, come into their vampireyness at age 15,

and are reincarnated over and over again. ( Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows?)

There are exactly 400 of them, and our special snowflake is a new one!

Oh no! Not a New Soul!? (again... Asunder (Newsoul, #2) by Jodi Meadows)

So, of course the powers that be are suspicious
LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)
"Survival of the richest, the city's ours before the fall
They're Monaco and Hamptons bound, but we don't feel like outsiders at all."

- Halsey, "New Americana"

3.5 Stars

Better than I thought it would be, and my random book of the month, decided through a fair bit of weird numerology and enough "eeny meeny miney mo" the reference librarian probably thought I'd gone crazy.

The Summary (that they don't give you): So there's this girl Schuyler (pronounced Skylar, I think) who doesn't fit in :( at her e
  • Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Evernight (Evernight, #1)
  • Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1)
  • Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1)
  • Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Night World, No. 1 (Night World, #1-3)
  • Blessed (Tantalize, #3)
  • Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2)
  • Vamped (Vamped, #1)
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
  • Tenth Grade Bleeds (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #3)
  • Almost to Die For (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #1)
  • Midnight Predator (Den of Shadows, #4)
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz...

Blue Bloods (7 books)
  • Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4)
  • Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)
  • Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6)
  • Gates of Paradise (Blue Bloods, #7)

20 trivia questions