Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)

Goddess (Starcrossed #3)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  11,524 ratings  ·  1,292 reviews
After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friend...more
Published May 28th 2013 by HarperTeen (first published 2013)

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
16th out of 1,465 books — 10,130 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
27th out of 2,479 books — 12,482 voters

More lists with this book...

Rimsha Salam
Check out my blogs for more reviews and book stuff: http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot...

It is over :'(
It was so beautiful!!! :')

Me just after reading Dreamless:

"I so can't wait for it" !!!

Me fan girling:

Me waiting for Goddess:

Still waiting:

And waiting:
image

Me freaking out after so much waiting:

Why oh why do you keep me waiting Josephine!!!

Edit:

the cover, the cover, THE COVER !!!!!

Best one yet! amazing Loooooooooove it!!! <3
Shreya (CCReviews)
*UPDATE** OH YAH KNOW, IT ONLY TOOK ME LIKE FOREVER TO READ THIS. *sighs* Review to come btw cause I looooooved it :D

I WONDER WHY THIS BOOK WAS NAMED AFTER ME? O_O

HMMMMMMMM.....

JOSIE...I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU........

CAUSE IT'S PERFECTLY ALRIGHT IF YOU WERE................

*OMG O_O GUYS!!! LOOK AT IT!!! LOOK AT GORGEOUS COVER!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! IT'S SO FUDGIN AMAZING O_O*
Beverly C.
Sep 29, 2012 Beverly C. marked it as to-read
EDITED YET AGAIN:

HOLY MOTHER FORKER.
MAY 2013???????

why

EDITED AGAIN:

OK, first off, I would like to thank all the likes. I got like 20 so far. Yay! Lol. And I would like to say sorry for all the editing on this review. Lastly, I would just like to say, I didn't mean to offend anyone by this review, it's just my opinion, and please respect it, since I will respect yours. Now, commenting on this review is ok; I am actually glad someone would comment. Just please don't flame me with your opinions, st...more
Angela
Daphne better tell helen and lucas the truth this time cuz this is TORTURE!
Liz
Feb 17, 2014 Liz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who read the previous books and enjoys Greek mythology
Recommended to Liz by: I did it myself
Finally! Finally I have it in my hands!

After reading:
This book was EPIC! And I am so not overestimating it!

The Gods are unleashed, the war is coming closer, the Tyrant is amoung the friends and Helen discovers more and more skills she shouldn't have.
Trust? No.
Fear? Yes.
Giving up? Never.

There is not much time left for Helen and neither does she have many people to support her and give her useful advices. She finds help where she does not expect it. She finds out things that shock her and that...more
Marya
Sep 05, 2012 Marya marked it as to-read
LLLLUUUUCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
ooohhh mmyyy goooshh! I think i am gonna lose it! why does this silly orion guy have to come along? (no offense to any team orion people out there but im just really dont like him) Cant you just see that lucas and helen are MEANT to be together. if daphne doesnt spill the beans that theyre not related i might just scream the house down with frustration!! do i really have to wait nearly a whole year for goddess to come out? *sigh*
Annie Brewer
It's over. It's all over. I can't believe it's over. What an incredible end to an amazing series full of surprises, twists, intensity, pain, love and all things mythology. It was superb!!! I'm satisfied and happy and so so so so sad it's over.

Where to start...
Let me say, that I had some issues with book 2, Dreamless because of the whole Orion-Lucas-Helen fiasco, so going into this book I was worried. I didn't know what to expect from the last book of the series, which is not fun when you've inve...more
Mada
Aug 30, 2012 Mada marked it as to-read
Shelves: wish-list
Josephine Angelini is a genius.
I just finished Dreamlesss and I need Goddess now. I can't wait anymore. I need Helen, Orion and Lucas back in my life. I love Hector.

2013? Are you trying to kill me?
Ok, I need to focus.
There are only a few months until 2013. Maybe it comes out in January. Let's hope so.
If not, let's just say I'm not going to be a happy camper.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yes, I'm obsessed.

UPDATE: May 2013? Noooooo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kelly Oram

Wow. I felt like this book was all over the place. I didn't even finish it. I'm so sad right now. I suppose it could have been my mood. I'll try it again some other time and hopefully I'll enjoy it more.

I seriously am going to die. Especially because I'm sure I'm on the wrong team. I'm in love with Orion! But I love Lucas too! Maybe I should let Helen keep Lucas and steal Orion for myself. *Considers writing fan fiction wherein I steal Orion*
Courtney

It was AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL AND EVERYTHING...

description

I am so happy! I have always loved this series and it couldn't have ended better. It was PERFECT.
The whole ending and book made my heart melt. This is truly one of my most favorite series and I've fell in love with all the characters.
Sad to see it end, but it couldn't have ended in a better way.
Will miss living in Helen's world!
Thanks Josephine Angelini for giving us this AMAZING and unique series!

description

Will have to read the whole series over and over now!
Natalie Graham
Just one more? Please?

I'm sad it's over :(
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
What patience I have left is being severely tested these months.
Luke
She must rise. . .

Goddess is the third and final book in the Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angelini.

After reading Dreamless, I want this so badly!

description

Both the U.S. cover (above) and the U.K. cover (below) look amazing. The U.S. cover has a nice turquoise colour with a shade of purple, with a girl in a dance-looking pose. The U.K. cover is a bright purple, with Lucas looking up at Helen, while she looks down at him.

description

. . .or they will fall. . .
Howdy YAL
To see full review click here.

Disclaimer: Obviously, I am not an Olympian. If I was do you really think I'd be bothered to read YA fiction-Well, maybe. I would have eternity....but I'd honestly probably be doing something better with my time like touring Antarctica or at least eating some Greek yogurt with John Stamos.

Cue to The Mt. Olympus Book Club: A sound of something exploding is heard. Frame onto a very annoyed looking Athena.

Athena: Did you really have to break that Grecian urn, it was a...more
Georgia Robson
Jul 11, 2012 Georgia Robson marked it as to-read
I NEED THIS BOOK NOW!!! And when i say now i mean now, i can't wait for the 3rd, i had to wait 2 weeks for the second and i tried to read star-crossed again but i memorised every word. And I swear Lucas and Helen better get together. Please reply if u guys think they will or they won't. I have 2 say I think they will but by the way the 1st and 2nd went, i just can't be sure.
✻Anika✻
I can't wait until this comes out!

*Update*
IT WAS AMAZING!!
I feel like in trilogy's the last book is usually a let down compared to the other books, but "Goddess" totally lived up to my expectations!! At some points I was a bit confused when it switched POV's but I still loved it! I've always been a big fan of Lucas and liked him better than Orion, but I stilled loved Orion also!!!!! I also like the ending. Usually in a love triangle, but I loved how in this one both guys were winners. Thank you...more
Emilia Rosen
Jul 13, 2012 Emilia Rosen marked it as to-read
I just finished Dreamless and if she doesn't pick Lucas.... Grrr......
Annabelle Marie Veronica
A stunning and gorgeous finale with a little bit of tragedy. Review to come.
Kg
Jul 12, 2012 Kg marked it as to-read
Shelves: starcrossed

LUCAS!!!!! I want her to pick Lucas!
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Oh yeah!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Josephine Angelini is back and back better than ever, because Goddess is a cracking finale - one full of action, drama, love and an epic past and I absolutely loved it.

It's no secret that how much I loved Starcrossed and it's no secret how much I didn't like Dreamless. So, in all honestly, I was worried what Josephine would do with the final book in this series, but I'm so over the moon she did us readers proud!!! It is one of them books that gives...more
Hermione
On another note, I probably won't read this. The series was pretty boring. And I can't make myself care about what happens to the characters, anyhow.
Jen Ryland
I borrowed an ARC of Goddess through Around the World ARC Tours -- thanks :)

Goddess takes up right where Dreamless left off, with poor Helen all bloodied and beat up -- though still brave and defiant -- after her unpleasant encounter with Ares. And so begins the last book of this trilogy.

There's a lot to wrap up in Goddess. As the blurb states, Helen inadvertently released the gods from Mount Olympus. Humans are dying mysteriously, and Helen and her friends -- Orion, Matt, Lucas, Hector, Cassand...more
Sue (YAHollywood)
5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT GODDESS.

1. The war is coming so romance isnt the focal point of the plot but I can assure the asdfgjkllowuei moments will made up for it.

2. Speaking of war, casualties are inevitable but don't you fret child It could not be your favorite character but you'll never know. *internally screaming

3. There will be lots of crying,mourning, flinging yourself out of the window because reasons.

4. Chapter 14 is the accurate definition of PAIN. It was like having my heart ripp...more
Taema
Aug 17, 2012 Taema marked it as to-read
Ok, so i seriously cannot wait for this book!!!! I really hope that helen will end up with orion because i like him so much better than lucas. I mean i know that this is an unrealistic book, but it would be nice to have one book that the main character didn't end up with the first person she fell in love with. I don't know, maybe its too much to ask, but i cant help it!
Marissa at Beneath the Moon and Stars
I need this book like burning.

April 2013:
I definitely turned the last page with a tears in my eyes. As perfect as the ending was I'm not ready to say goodbye to these characters :(. Things that I'd wanted to happen since the beginning did, and things I never expected had my jaw on the floor. I love Greek mythology and Josephine Angelini's wins all the awards.
Aliza Katz
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!
i can't wait for Helen and Lucas to find out there not cousins :)
it's going to be amazzzziiing!
Jasmine
Ok I love me some Lucas but..... Orion is a very attractive person. I just want to know what is going to happen next.
Edit:
So I can honestly say that this book was the best one out of the series.
Cordelia Aumoeualogo
Gee... I really do hope Lucas and Helen find out the truth behind Helen's mothers lies about them being related. This love triangle is KILLING ME!!
Isabella
Lucas or Orion....can't wait to read Goddess, but 2013 is too far away.
gaby
Aug 17, 2012 gaby added it
Team Lucas!!!
Crazy for Young A...: Goddess (Starcrossed #3) by Josephine Angelini → Start Date: December 16, 2013 37 30 Dec 24, 2013 09:15AM
Anyone else a little bit disappointed? 21 238 Oct 28, 2013 01:13PM
Addicted to YA: Goddess 15 268 Jul 30, 2013 09:08AM
Will there be a fourth book? What do you think? 15 152 Jul 15, 2013 05:19AM
Young Adult Reads: Goddess by Josephine Angelini - June BoTM Discussion 11 71 Jun 25, 2013 06:53PM
Starcroosed cast 1 58 Jun 18, 2013 12:27PM
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Shadow of the Mark (Carrier, #2)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)
  • Awaken (Abandon Trilogy, #3)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2)
  • A Witch Alone (Winter Trilogy, #3)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
  • A Touch Menacing (A Touch Trilogy, #3)
Josephine Angelini is a Massachusetts native and the youngest of eight siblings. She graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in theater, with a focus on the classics. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband.
More about Josephine Angelini...
Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2) Starcrossed City (Starcrossed #0.5) Trial by Fire (The Worldwalker Trilogy, #1) Göttlich verdammt / Göttlich verloren / Göttlich verliebt (Starcrossed, #1-3)

“some things stay a little bit broken forever—even after they’ve been fixed.” 79 likes
“She had power
over the most magnificent
forces on Earth, but she still
didn’t feel like she had power
over the most important thing
of all—her own heart.”