Start by marking “Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock” as Want to Read:

Women who love to knit are determined to find time to practice their craft, despite the many roles they fulfill throughout the day. They knit while traveling or commuting, while waiting for their kids, while socializing. Times like these call for projects that are easily transportable and have stitch patterns that are simple to memorize.

Véronik Avery has created 30 such pr
Published March 1st 2010 by Stewart, Tabori and Chang

To ask other readers questions about Knitting 24/7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitting 24/7

Julie Barrett
Sep 12, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Knitting 24/7 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock by Avery, Véronik
Publisher: ISBN: 9781453268124
I wanted to read this book especially because I think I can and probably have knitted 24/7 for a few days, even in my sleep.
Such classics and everyday items as wristers, socks/slippers, bags, skirt, vest, scarf, hats, pillow, shrug/shawls,
All are very easy to understand directions, and diagrams, some charted instructions, kitchen accessories and much more...
The book
Jo Barton
Nov 02, 2012 Jo Barton rated it it was amazing
The illustrations are really quite pretty and the easy to understand knitting instructions are very tempting - I wanted to make everything at once. I loved the way the book was divided into specific sections and the emphasis on morning, afternoon and weekend knitting was inspired.
There are very good sections which explain some of the more complicated techniques and a good abbreviation list. The list of yarn stockist is comprehensive and useful, as is the website address list.

It's one of those kn
Nov 03, 2010 Kristine rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
The concept of fitting projects into bits of time throughout the day is great. Divided into AM, PM, and Weekend makes sense. The simplicity of the Travel Shawl is appealing. The Leafy Knot Clutch I've seen in ravelry or on some knitters site, and it's got cook construction. Ostrich Plumes Shawl is magnificent but super easy. The Mesh Layering Tank in allhemp is a cool idea. The Lacy Cable Socks have a neat twisted garter heel - smart! All patterns are by the author rather than contributors and t ...more
Apr 25, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
I gave it 3 stars only because there was nothing in it I wanted to make, except for the felted slippers. It seemed like a good book otherwise with patterns with good "twists," or I guess interesting techniques that will keep an experienced knitter interested, but there were patterns good for beginners, too.
May 21, 2012 Lucy rated it really liked it
I've had this book for a couple years, and have really enjoyed reading it and planning which patterns I want to make from it. Right now I am working on the Grandfather Vest. The patterns here are really well-written, and VERY generously sized. The vest is turning out to be enormous (and I even made a gauge swatch!!).
Oct 09, 2010 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Soooo many patterns to knit - several pretty hats and a beautiful ostrich feather-patterned shawl/scarf. Great styling and beautiful photographs by Thayer Allyson Gowdy. Although the projects are fairly simple there are no "how-to" instructions for a novice knitter beyond a brief explanation of special techniques in the appendix.
Oct 02, 2010 Polly rated it really liked it
Cute, portable projects. Just what I need now I'm embarking on a 45-minute commute every day! I don't like this as much as Avery's earlier book, Knitting Classic Style, but it's still pretty good!
Nov 12, 2014 Tonileg marked it as to-read
Shelves: knitting-crafts
Wonderful collection of gift ideas although I can see myself wearing most of these hand knits except for the red shrug which looks too difficult to wear comfortably.
This is NOT for beginners but rather for a knitter that has mastered the usual knit and purl as well as following a pattern and some simple color work.
128 pages and borrowed from the library but will be acquiring soon
4 stars
Jun 20, 2010 Cayenne rated it it was amazing
A new knitting book favorite. Totally written for me, as I knit 24/7, or wish fervently that I could. I liked the projects so much I immediately cast on and finished the winter felted slippers and I am now working on the Grandfather Vest. Not sure yet if I'll end up buying it, but I only have it for so long from the library and I think I would make other projects from it if I owned it.
Jan 15, 2011 rabbitprincess rated it really liked it
Recommended to rabbitprincess by: Veronik's website
Lots of patterns I'm considering from this one: the knee socks, the grandfather vest, and especially that very smart olive heather skirt!
Nov 20, 2010 Susan added it
Shelves: crafty
Great projects, beautiful hip models. Someday I hope to knit something from a pattern. I think my favorite are the lacy socks on the cover.
Jul 10, 2010 Jan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting, non-fiction
This collection of patterns is fresh and exciting. The variety is nice. Socks, hats, sweaters and more. The instructions are well written and the pictures are very good.
Lisa Headings
Mar 11, 2013 Lisa Headings rated it really liked it
I've made a few of the projects in here and so far have been happy with the results. The instructions have been clear and easy to follow and the styles seem to suit my taste.
Laurie Langley
Laurie Langley rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2015
Kim rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2012
Lynn rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Kira rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2011
Anmiryam rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Leisa rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Cara rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Arizonaborn White
Arizonaborn White rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Lynda Lagodney
Lynda Lagodney rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Elizabeth Brown
Elizabeth Brown rated it really liked it
May 29, 2011
April Hamilton
April Hamilton rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2015
V rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2011
Noemi rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Vita rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Angela rated it did not like it
Mar 13, 2012
Katie rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2011
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books
  • New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
  • Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn
  • Knit. Sock. Love.
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Socks a la Carte: Pick and Choose Patterns to Knit Socks Your Way
  • More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
  • The Vogue Knitting Stitchionary Volume Two: Cables: The Ultimate Stitch Dictionary from the Editors of Vogue Knitting Magazine
  • Aran Knitting: New and Expanded Edition
  • French Girl Knits
  • Interweave Presents Knitted Gifts
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • Folk Shawls
  • Inspired to Knit: Creating Exquisite Handknits
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines: Patterns, Stories, Pictures, True Confessions, Tricky Bits, Whole New Worlds, and Familiar Ones, Too