Start by marking “Life! by Design: 6 Steps to an Extraordinary You” as Want to Read:
Life! by Design: 6 Steps to an Extraordinary You

Life! by Design: 6 Steps to an Extraordinary You

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Are you one of the 123 million people in this world who is dissatisfied in your life? Do you run day-to-day on autopilot? Have you settled for “good enough”? Are risks just too risky? Are you living in a coma and don’t even know it? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you are living by default and not By Design! This book will help you discover a passion fo...more
Published May 4th 2010 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Life! by Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life! by Design

Alain Burrese
"Life! By Design: Create Passion And Purpose In Your Life" by Tom Ferry with Laura Morton is one of the newer books on living with passion, purpose, and as Ferry puts it, by design and not default. In it, Ferry teaches his six steps to an extraordinary you. If you have read other books on living life to its fullest and achieving your dreams and goals, you might find much of this book similar. After all, basics are basics, each person just has a different way of teaching them. It's sort of like t...more
Angela McDermott
Life! By Design helps you to design the life you want instead of leading a life by default. I read one book each year on goal setting and personal development. This is my favorite to date because it helps to develop all areas of your life. It touches on career, exercise, intellectual development, personal relationships, giving back, and finances. It provides steps to stay organized, focused and accountable. I recommend this book to anyone wanting to continue to develop and improve upon all areas...more
Joseph
a typical self help book.

quick takeaways:

(1) resistance in any areas of life means a red flag; we must learn to face the demon

(2) 4 addictions in life (to other people's opinions, to the past, to worry, and to drama)

(3) 5 important questions that we need to ask ourselves:
(a) why are you here and what's your purpose
(b) how do you want to come across to others, what are your values
(c) what are your God given talents
(d) five years from now, how will the world experience you
(e) who would you be if...more
Douglas
A solid book overall.

I do feel like he is missing an important 'pow' that would help deliver his message. The reason I say that is that it took me a while to read the entire book. Something about the way it was written could have made it a faster read for me. Especially since the content is good.

I love self help books and a lot of what he suggests is written by Tony Robbins.
Keira
I found this book honest, easy to understand and thought provoking. I could instantly relate to a lot of the information being given and realize how I could implement what was wrote into my own life. Especially loved the part about the 4 addictions, didn't realize I had them but sure enough each one is very present in my current life! Fantastic read.
Jason Kittredge
Meh... It was okay, but really more focused on people who had some sort of a disaster or have a real need to change, and wasn't terribly useful for someone who is just looking for advice on how to change their life.

Overall, the book was okay, but really wasn't was I was looking for.
Steph
Sep 10, 2012 Steph rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Life coaches apparently make a lot of money.

I like Ferry's idea of living "by design." I didn't find the list of "addictions" that people have (like addiction to drama) to be relevant at all though.
Blair Armstrong
Thought-provoking, eye-opening, and makes you sit up and pay attention to your life and how you got to where you are, and ultimately how to choose where your headed.
Rodney Johnson
Great to finally have Tom's teachings in book form. I've been following this young man for many years and he is right on. I highly recommend it.
Jean
Just finished reading this for the 2nd time. A great book to get life headed in the right direction...again.
Thomas Moore
Tom goes into his life as a child and how he came into being a coach. GREAT book!
Tristan Ahumada
Absolutely amazing book. Changed my life when I applied a lot of these principles.
Melissa
Tom Ferry can get excited and yet I enjoy it! What a great Coach!
Alessa
Alessa added it
Sep 28, 2014
Tomas
Tomas is currently reading it
Sep 23, 2014
Bob Desplinter
Bob Desplinter marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Phil
Phil marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Kim Darwaza
Kim Darwaza is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2014
Pilar
Pilar marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Claire Roger
Claire Roger marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Francois Vd Merwe
Francois Vd Merwe marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Seth Jenson
Seth Jenson marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014