Start by marking “Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)

Tranquility (Otherkin #2)

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,357 Ratings  ·  153 Reviews
Roane leaves the Fury werewolf pack to make room for his brother, Merrick, and his new mate. A natural alpha, there's nowhere Roane can go in wolf country and not stir up trouble. He settles in a town called Tranquility and immediately raises the hackles of the local pack leader.

Even worse, Roane gets one look at Scarlet, the pack leader's sister, and will do anything to p

Published December 2008 by Anya Bast

To ask other readers questions about Tranquility, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tranquility

Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghBitten by Kelley Armstrong
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
295th out of 812 books — 1,090 voters
Moon Called by Patricia BriggsCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMagic Bleeds by Ilona AndrewsMagic Strikes by Ilona AndrewsMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Were-Beasts
218th out of 258 books — 72 voters

More lists with this book...

Goddess Of Blah
Feb 12, 2015 Goddess Of Blah rated it did not like it
description
Luckily this was a freebie. However, if this is a "taster" to the author's work than I will be avoiding anything she writes. I'm not a huge fan of this sort of "literature" however, I thought - lets try it. What a waste of 10 mins (the length of the story)..
I've read paranormal romance before (Christine Feehan), but there was very little "paranormal" to this story and even less "romance"
description

The "plot" fades away, the characters are one dimensional, the romance non-existent, and if you're hoping for
Jennifer Wardrip
I hadn't previously read anything by Anya Bast before I read FURY, so I have no idea if TRANQUILITY is part of an ongoing series or something the author is writing separately to release as just the two interrelated short stories.

That being said, I liked the concept of the shifters, of being a Shadow, of the OtherKin in general. I enjoyed Roane, who is the brother of Merrick, the hero from FURY. When Roane realized that Merrick and Nikki (the werecougar who the elders of Fury had chosen as Queen)
Mrs. Badass
Nov 28, 2011 Mrs. Badass rated it liked it
This one was better than the first one, sort of. They are sexy short stories and as such, suffer from instant attraction and screwing. I actually thought this one was pretty well done, and I even liked the plot, such as it was. There were a few editing issues that were overlooked, but it happens.

It was quick and free.
Ashley
Feb 06, 2012 Ashley rated it did not like it
This book and the one before it do not give me much faith in Anya Bast. As a short story, it truly isn't one. They meet, have sex, and poof, it's love! Even the paranormal destined mates angle can't save this one. Hopefully, her full length novels come with a little more knowing of the characters...
Karla
Only 28 pages and somehow the author makes it work. You get a beginning, a middle and an end that come together nicely in this short, passionate story.
Samantha
Another lying cover, saying it’s a free read but it’s really not however, it’s only $0.99.

Again, there could have been a lot of story here, there was a lot of potential that could have made this book so much better.

Because it was such a short story it just moved much too fast. Personally I feel like she could have left out the two of them saying I love you to each other and it would have had more of an impact. Or maybe if the story had been more specific in how long he had been there.

In these ty
Khalia Hades
Nov 26, 2013 Khalia Hades rated it it was amazing
FREE ON AMAZON

Like the first one, this one just jumped right into the middle of a storyline thought. This one worked better for a short story read than the first one in my opinion and maybe that's because I knew what to expect, but also because the story line itself made more sense to me and had closure when it came to its end.

Mar 13, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
Another free short story from Anya Bast, Tranquility picks up the story right after the end of Fury. Roane has left his home & his pack so his brother can be alpha & now he just wants to find somewhere to call home. He has no intention of challenging Marcus for the alpha position but Marcus is scared of Roane's alpha nature & wants him away from his territory. Marcus asks his sister to keep an eye on Roane but it all backfires when they can't keep their eyes (or hands) off each other ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
We briefly met Roane in Fury and now it's his turn. This book takes place after Fury so it is when Roane has left the Fury pack to allow Merrick to claim Nikki and become Alpha King. He is on his own but admits that he doesn't want to become a 'lone' wolf. He likes having pack around him. He settles in Tranquility for unfortunately for Roane, he is such an Alpha male that the current Alpha of the Tranquility pack senses aggression even when there isn't any.

This story is short and hot and gives y
Cloud
Apr 27, 2014 Cloud rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Another Kindle freebie, I just finished reading Anya Bast's previous book, Fury, and this is the one that deals with the second brother. Who I found more interesting than the brother of the first book. I enjoyed his character a lot more and found him with more depth in comparison.

The plotline of this book held promise and in general had a better build up of the players involved. I would have liked to have had some more history of this new town and it's pack. The main leading lady could have use
Amy at bookgoonie
Merrick in Fury and Roane in Tranquility live up to my standards of what makes alpha-wolves the sexiest other around. Strong. Confident. And all about pleasing their women.

Doin' It Dirty 2.0
Why Buy the Cow? Amazon Download 1/13/2013
Dee
Good short story.... Just wish it could have been longer..... Hopefully Ms Bast will write a series based around this book
Mar 16, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Loved this 2nd book of this series. Great romance and hook ups. Great HEA.
Marsha
May 17, 2012 Marsha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adults
I just love Anya Bast. She writes in such a way to both intrigue her readers with interesting characters, sound plots, great action and hot romance. This is a short but sweet novella featuring a great story line.

Roane has recently moved to the town of Tranquility because in order for him to stay with his old pack he would have to fight his brother to be the alpha and take away his brother mate. He wants neither so, he moves away. Although he does not want to be an Alpha, he also does not want to
Amanda
Jul 28, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
3.5 of 5 stars.

After reading the first book, I really wanted to know what would happen with Roane. I was pleased to find that I liked him more than his brother, Merrick, the hero of the first book.
The fact that the two stars are werewolves caught my attention right away since I'm a sucker for paranormal romance. Roane is a natural born alpha who has no desire to be leader of a pack. He just wants to live peacefully amongst his own kind in a were community and be left alone. However, the current
BookNerdette
Apr 12, 2014 BookNerdette rated it liked it
Heather Wiese
Dec 10, 2012 Heather Wiese rated it it was ok
Jen
Oct 01, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-read-in-2011
Great book - This one was easier to read because I was more Familiar with the Outer Kin - at least the wolves -

In this story, we watch Roane (Which was Merrick's brother from Fury) as he picks up his life. Once he left Fury in order to let Merrick and Nikki be the Alpha's, Roane wanted to start over in a new town. but being who he is, a born Alpha, it was hard to blend in with another pack.

When he reached Tranquillity Minnesota, another town strictly wolf shifters, The town's Alpha Marcus was
Ronna

Good sequel to Fury. In the sequel, Merrick's brother Roane, has relinquished Nikki and the Alpha role in Fury to Merrick, and has moved onto another Shapeshifter community to try to find a place for himself quietly among others of his kind. But, it is quickly discovered that he is an alpha and no one can accept that he will not challenge the current Alpha, Marcus. Marcus asks his sister, who Scarlet, who is already drawn to Roane - as he is to her - to keep an eye on him by working in
Melissa Levine
Jul 26, 2015 Melissa Levine rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal
Sophia
Apr 12, 2013 Sophia rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf

I at least recognized the hero as a secondary character from the first story, but the setting was new because he left town after his brother's mating because he didn't want to fight him
Tamara!
Dec 12, 2013 Tamara! rated it really liked it
All right, to let you know, I only grabbed both 'Otherkin' books as they were free, and about were's, and weren't YA cuz I'm really tired of YA with it's carefully worded no one says 'damn' and other editing for the semi-innocent. Seriously, I think my first word may have been damn and well, a good cuss is a great stress reliever IMO. Have to admit there's a bit more smut than I anticipated, but as luck would have it, the books were a quickie read - yup, all pun intended there - and also had som ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Sep 19, 2012 Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ rated it really liked it
Roane Nathy just wants left alone but the citzens of Tranquility don't seem to be buying it. Marcus leader of Wolven doesn't believe anything that Roane says especially him not wanting to be Alpha. Roane continues to tell the same story even to Marcus's sister Scarlet. Scarlet is constantly on edge especially around Roane despite his protests that he wants to be left alone. Yet Scarlet believes herself above being attracted to Roane and Marcus puts this to a test. Roane is a mechanic at Morgan's ...more
S.
Tranquility picked up where Fury left off with the neglected brother Roane finding his place in the world without his pack, his brother or his rule. The first half had a more realistic, somber tone compared to Fury. But it was waaayyy hotter. At least for the first half. All the despairing I'm caught between a rock and a hard place (for everyone—not just Roane) kinda weighed down the enjoyment. That, and the antagonist being the love interest's brother. That's just sad. Still a cool read, just k ...more
Maria
Apr 27, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
Shelves: werewolves
I really enjoy novellas, and since I’ve read “Fury” by Anya Bast, “Tranquility” the second book in the Otherkin series seemed like a good choice. And it really was a nice short read.

Like the most novellas, “Tranquility” is fast-paced and it keeps your interest from the very beginning. Here we have the story of Roane, Merrick’s brother, who left his pack and goes to another one in order to be far away from his brother and his new mate. But he is an alpha male and it’s not easy not to challenge t
Debbie
Mar 16, 2014 Debbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think it would have been better if Fury and Tranquility were one book instead of two short books. This author is NEW to me and shows promise. I'm not sure if I will read anymore books by her though. Not anytime real soon that is.
Darcy
Dec 08, 2014 Darcy rated it it was ok
Roane and Scarlet were interesting in this one. I found it funny that Scarlett tried to fight things until she was told she couldn't have Roane, then the tables turned and she did what she could to fight for Roane and herself.
PepsiGirl
Jul 27, 2013 PepsiGirl rated it really liked it
Quick story takes place after Fury as you know. I liked Roane's character from the first story so much that when Fury started and Roane concedes to his brother without fighting for Nicki and just leaves the pack knowing he had to go off on his own. Well, I just stopped reading and found Roane's story and started reading that instead. Scarlett was not a typical pushover which I liked. Roane and Scarlett know there's chemistry, shall we call it, animal magnetism between them and they try to quench ...more
Michelle
Jun 07, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it
I was glad to see that Roane got a story but again it felt like book one was not finished and I kind of got the feeling this one was also not finished. Liked them both but they felt like incomplete thoughts.
Tonileg
Aug 11, 2012 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, erotica, kindle
Roane leaves the Wolf shifter town of Fury (middle of no where America) so that his beloved brother Merrick and his new Queen cougar shifter Nikki can have a good life without challenge because he was born an Alpha wolf. So Roane finds an other shifter town to make a new life, the town called Tranquility.
So begins Roan's love story with Scarlet, the Alpha's sister in the new town. They have insta-lust reaction which they apparently don't have any will power to stop. Lots of sexy time like the fi
  • The Werewolf Liaison: Part One (Billionaires After Dark #1)
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • King, King, Goose?
  • Stunner (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress, #0.75)
  • Before The Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves, #1)
  • The Last Vampire (Dark Season, #1)
  • Bewitching the Werewolf (Megan Stephens #1)
  • The Sweetest Torture (Sexy Shifter Shorts #1)
  • Inked
  • Claimed
  • No Remorse (Heart of a Wolf, #1)
  • Harvest Moon (Cat Clan, #1)
  • Fierce Dawn (ParaRealm, #1)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • Stolen (Bitten #2)
  • Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5)
  • An Unwanted Hunger
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
Anya Bast is the author of numerous works of romantic fiction, mostly all paranormal and mostly all scorching hot. She lives in the country with her husband, daughter, eight cats, a dog, and an odd assortment of rescued animals.

She grew up in Minnesota and still favors the colder climates. After high school she moved to the southeast United States where she attended college. While in graduate scho
More about Anya Bast...