Start by marking “Corta Por Lo Sano” as Want to Read:
Corta Por Lo Sano

Corta Por Lo Sano

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  1,047 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Dani Myers has become an expert at romantic breakups ever since she was hired to "facilitate" them for clients of Your Big Break, Inc. In other words, she dumps people for money. But company rule #5 (do not get personally involved) is getting harder to obey. One of her dumpees is turning out to be the kind of guy she might just want to pick up on the rebound. and a new cli ...more
352 pages
Published March 1st 2007 by Esencia (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Corta Por Lo Sano, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corta Por Lo Sano

Suzy Kue
This was a fun, light hearted read that came at the perfect time thanks to a great friend. It put the truth about break-ups into a humorous light. The characters were relatable, which I loved.
Sharal Hunter
Another new to me author brings a very entertaining story about a woman who works in the unhappy side of love and relationships. Dani Myers’s family thinks she works as website designer. The truth they don’t know is that Dani works for a company that people hire to dump their significant others. This isn’t an easy job for Dani because she is too compassionate and sympathetic to the people getting dumped. This becomes evident when she begins befriending the people who are dumped and even matchmak ...more
Kristen
Another wimpy, whiney, scared little girl hero, oh wait heroine. The premise of the book was great, a company you could hire to handle all the yucky emotional stuff in your life, like quitting your job or dumping the boy. I liked every character other than the main one, I loved the brother. I'm not knocking a 28 year old for being upset that her father and mother are cheating on each other or even taking a really long time to get over being dumped, I dislike her cuz the everything is just SOOO d ...more
Jill
Jun 29, 2007 Jill rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
I got this book for free, so I figured, why not, and packed it to read on my trip to Spain, as I spent a lot of time on busses (first class travel all the way for me!) and needed a light diversion.

It's the story of a woman who works for a firm that handles breakups so that people don't have to do it themselves, and she, predictably, falls for one of her client's exes, and hijinks ensue. Very contrived, and the writing is not that good. I also gave it to my friend who is living in Spain, and the
Emily Coco
Easy read. This book explored how adult children react to parent's divorcing. The lead character is likable. Not much to the book, but an easy, summer read.
Lau
Me pareció original el trabajo de la protagonista, tiene momentos graciosos y sirve para pasar el rato, pero nada más que eso. La trama por momentos me aburrio bastante.
Tracy
Looks like I reread this in October or November 2014 and literally I had no idea I had already read this.
Selene Gudino
I read this book in 2 days, dedicating just a little time a day. Is a very easy-to-read, light novel about a girl who messes up her life a little. She works for a company that handles break-ups and everyday she has to deal with it. On the other hand her life changes when something family-related comes up.

The characters ins this book are no complicated at all. And we all can see a little of ourselves in them. Is a very entretaining book if you are looking for a light and funny read. I would recom
Jackie
Dani Myers works for a break-up service called "Your Big Break". She tries hard to follow the five unbreakable rules, but she seems to slip occasionally. Her job consists of doing the dumper's dirty job of dumping the dumpee, by letter, by email, or in person. She's paid handsomely for this job...but, her job takes on new meaning when a young, buxom redhead hires her to dump her father, who just happens to still be married to her mother. Her job, her family and her relationships all spiral out o ...more
Judy
Picked this up in the remainders at BN to amuse me on the flight home from Texas. It only partially amused me and it didn’t even last the whole flight.

A one-joke story: young woman works for an outfit that will break up for you called “Your Big Break” with the motto, It’s not you, it’s us. The slight repugnance that you feel about her work doesn’t get any better as the story gets thicker and she starts dating some of the “break-ees” and confronts her father’s lover who wants to dump him. A gigg
Elizabeth
One of the bad books ever written
Tonya
Silly, easy read.
Kourtney
I am really surprised that I enjoyed this one. Usually when a book storyline is revolving around cheating, I get turned off of the story. This time though I was fully engaged, and could not put the book down. It may have something to do with the fact that the cheating was done by people other than the main character...

This was a fast, lively read that I recommend to all chick lit lovers! Johanna Edwards is quickly climbing up my favorite authors chart, and I look forward to reading her other boo
Leslie
I picked this up at a thrift store because the blurb on the back reminded me of Little Lady Agency so I decided to give it a chance. It's a quick read but basically forgettable.

The protagonist is a woman who works for a company that breaks off relationships, ends friendships & quits jobs for a fee. She is a mess. She is unable to admit to her parents what she does for a living, so she lies and says she is a web designer.

None of the characters in this book are very likeable.
Meaghan
enjoyed the main story but the parts about her parents having an open marriage etc was a little bit strange.
Chelsea
This was a cute, albeit predictable book about a woman who works at a company that breaks up with people so their clients don't have to. It's about moving on from past heartbreaks and finding new love. It was fun to read despite being fluff. If you're looking for something entertaining and don't want anything too serious, this book is perfect for you!
Joan Rowland
I only read halfway through this book and then skipped to the last few pages for the ending. I didn't like the characters or the plot.
Chloe
A very easy, light, fluffy chick-lit read. Great type of book to read when you don't want a serious intense story. The story follows Dani who has somewhat of an unusual job and keeps the particulars of such hidden from her family. This creates all sorts of problems and she learns that sometimes, honesty is the best policy.
Damarys
libro con abundante cursilería y lios innecesarios, de los que abundan en las peliculas romanticas todo por una enfermiza conducta a no decir la verdad como primera opcion.

el libro sirve para distraer y pasar el rato sin pensar mucho.
a su favor; de lectura muy rapida, agil y adictiva, se lee con facilidad.
Christina Beggs
I became addicted to Johanna Edwards before this one and this book just continued my love and fascination for her style and imagination. Her characters felt realistic in fact sometimes I had difficulty separating reality from fiction with them. Fantastic piece of chick-lit which I refuse to give up.
Rachel
This book starts with a good idea as far as chick lit goes. An agency devoted to breaking up with people so that the person doesnt have to deal with their own mistakes and failures in a relationship. Thats why I was surprised that after the first chapter I was so bored. I really couldn't finish it.
Kaley
I just finished reading this book and also loved it! It is about a woman who works at a Break up company. They help people break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend or leave a job. This book was awesome and I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to get ahold of Johanna Edwards third book!
Amanda
AbSOlutely loved it (ESP the Tori Amos) name drop. A quick, fast paced read. I will read more by this author
Cathy
Dani's job is to "facilitate" break-ups for clients of Your Big Break, Inc. She gets herself into several mishaps with over-involving herself in her clients' lives. It is light-hearted, sometimes comical, and fun to read.
Anabel
Corta por lo Sano, es una comedia romántica que aunque me ha dejado igual que cuando lo empecé a leer, me ha hecho pasar un buen rato, como esas películas románticas que solo te entretienen durante un rato pero no dejan huella.
Luisa B.
Una lectura sencilla y entretenida. Aunque a veces tantas situaciones inverosímiles -y las reacciones de todos hacia ellas- hacían que me desesperara y aburriera por momentos. Aun así, una buena historia para una tarde.
♥ Marlene♥
Apr 02, 2008 ♥ Marlene♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Good Chick lit
Shelves: chick-lit
Really enjoyed this book. Loved her first book and I must say she did not disappount with this second book. Can't wait until book 3 will be out in paperback.
Great author.
4.5 out of 5 stars.
Maya
Something I've been reading off and on while waiting for my girlfriend to get off work at B&N. Mindless chick lit fluff, neither good nor bad, with an unfortunately rushed ending.
Judy
I love witless books but I got around 2/3 of the way through and then just ended up skimming the rest because I wanted to know what happened but didn't feel like plowing through the pages.
Kim
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I got sucked in from the first page and enjoyed every minute of it. This is the second of Edwards' books that I've read and I've loved both. Great read!
  • The Sweetest Taboo
  • Good Luck
  • Exes and Ohs
  • Mafia Chic
  • Name & Address Withheld
  • Three Bedrooms In Chelsea
  • Me vs. Me
  • Hand-Me-Down
  • The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Love @ First Site
  • Dear Neighbor, Drop Dead
  • Changing Grooms
  • 32AA
  • Diary of a Working Girl
Johanna also writes teen books under the name Jo Edwards.
More about Johanna Edwards...
The Next Big Thing How To Be Cool Fendi, Ferragamo, and Fangs