Start by marking “Castles in the Sand” as Want to Read:
Castles in the Sand

Castles in the Sand (The Beach House #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  21 reviews
In "Castles in the Sand, "the follow up to the first book in The Beach House series, author Sally John explores themes of forgiveness and redemption. When Susan and Drake Starr discover that their 20-year-old daughter Kenzie is pregnant, their lives are turned upside down. The news sends Drake, a pastor of a huge San Diego church, reeling--and he sends Kenzie packing. Susa ...more
Published July 1st 2006 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Castles in the Sand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Castles in the Sand

Lyndi
I found this to be a little better than the first, as some of the characters were unrelatable, some I could understand. Susan started out as boring, flat and as bland as vanilla. She ended up ok in my book. Kenzie was at times what one would expect out of a teenager, moody and distant. Pepper and Natalie were my favorites. I didn't remember the whole story of Faith and who really owns the beach house, so I guess that was the only thing I wish that either could have been retold or my brain to rem ...more
April
I liked it. I'm not much for christian reading, but there wasn't enough in it to bother me. I'm glad how everything turned out at the end.
I thought since this was the second in a series we'd have the same women come back, but we didn't. It was a whole new group and dealt with a pastor and his family and an unplanned teenage pregnancy. I was drawn into the book and the characters and encouraged by how they sought the Lord through it all, well, once they got past their own pride and forgave eachother. I did feel like the book dragged on and the same could have been accomplished in about 80 less pages.

The book spoke a lot about the i
Sheri
Second in the series of people who meet at the same beach house. I thought it would be the same women as the first book, but no, just the same beach house.
This is the story of a Christian young woman who gets pregnant and her pastor father throws her out of the house. The wife goes along with it because she's a "good" submissive Christian wife. It was good and I was anxious to keep reading to see wqhere the story would go. Certainly reminded me alot of my own father who no doubt would have don
April Suter
Susan runs away to the cute beach house to find her faith and voice, define her marriage with the paster and repair her relationship with her pregnant daughter. The Martha Mavenss show up to Pray with a capital P--they are her friends and are prayer warriors! She joins the group with her daughter's boyfriend's mom. A great book of prayer and forgiveness and romance.

334 pages
Candice
I seriously get tired of writers thinking all women are the same.... Shallow. There are those of us out there who enjoy a bit of depth to our read. This book lacked so much. I abandoned the book altogether and I am Not proud of that. I usually finish the book hoping that with each page turn it gets better. Well. I lost hope with this one. Moving on...
Even God would admit that not all books about Him should be considered literature....

The characters are flat, the dialogue is contrived and cutesy, so annoying. I only read it because I downloaded by mistake and passed the point of no return on my Kindle.
Erin
I was disappointed to find the sequel to "The Beach House" did not revolve around the same characters. I did not enjoy it as much, but could less relate to the characters and that probably had a lot to do with it.
Sheryl
This is about restoring the relationship between a pastor, his wife, and his pregnant, unwed, teenage daughter. I found myself rooting for them to work it all out.
Diana
I didn't finish the book it was to typical, of the Christian people throwing their daughter out for being pregnant and not married..I just couldn't hack it...
Diane
Several women with problems move towards solutions and healing at a Beach House. Standard for the genre, but sufficiently diverting.
Martha
Liked this book very much. Rich characters and John captures the perfect emotions for each situation.
Stephanie
IT WAS ALSO A GOOD BOOK. I READ IN THE WINTER WHEN I WANTED TO BE AT A BEACH HOUSE.
Nicole
This book was a quick read and a lot better than I thought it would be.
Lisa Sikkema

Moving book about gods power to work in any situation.
Lauri
Lit N Lattes, January 2010. Good discussion.
Marilyn
Interesting characters, made me feel good
Lisa
Jul 08, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Beach House series / book two
G Schaedel
G Schaedel marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Genie Roberts
Genie Roberts marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Staci Roberts
Staci Roberts marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Tying the Knot (Deep Haven, #2)
  • Never Look Back
  • Falling for You Again
  • Second Time Around
  • 'Round The Corner (Sister Circle #2)
  • The House on Oyster Creek
  • When Dreams Cross (Second Chances, #2)
  • Word Gets Around (Daily, Texas #2)
  • Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #2)
  • The Still of Night (A Rush of Wings #2)
  • Finding Marie (Frasier Island Series #2)
  • Oklahoma Weddings
  • Leaving November (Clayburn, #2)
  • Through Thick & Thin (London Confidential, #2)
  • The Year of Eating Dangerously (Mallory Caine, Zombie-at-Law, #2)
  • Christmas Mail-Order Brides: Four Mail-Order Brides Travel the Transcontinental Railroad in Search of Love
Sally John is the best-selling author of more than fifteen novels, including the Side Roads series, the Safe Harbor series (coauthored with Gary Smalley), The Other Way Home series, The Beach House series, and In a Heartbeat series. A three-time finalist for the Christy Award, Sally writes contemporary stories that offer hope to readers in their own relational and faith journeys. She enjoys teachi ...more
More about Sally John...

The Beach House (4 books)
  • The Beach House (The Beach House #1)
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Sunset Beach (The Beach House #4)
The Beach House (The Beach House #1) Ransomed Dreams A Time to Mend Desert Gift A Journey by Chance