Start by marking “The Fabulous Reinvention of Sunday School: Transformational Techniques for Reaching and Teaching Kids” as Want to Read:

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Imagine a roomful of kids on Sunday absolutely enraptured by dynamic Bible teaching. Here and there a mouth hangs open as the kids engage the story of Boaz and Ruth with the kind of enthusiasm usually reserved for their new Xbox 360. Isn’t that what you want as a Sunday school teacher? You long to reach your kids on Sunday in a way that actually makes a difference in their ...more
Published March 18th 2007 by Zondervan (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Fabulous Reinvention of Sunday School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fabulous Reinvention of Sunday School

Joe Cassada
Mar 29, 2012 Joe Cassada rated it liked it
This is certainly a creative book, filled with good ideas and tips. It is more applicable to what most Baptists would call "junior church" than it would be in the traditional Sunday school class setting (unless of course Reynolds calls this book "The Fabulous Reinvention of Sunday School" because he wants us to change the typical small class setting into the larger junior church style setting.)

Theology drives methodology, and Reynolds' ministry affiliation made me read the book at arms length, s
Amanda
Apr 10, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
The title felt a little misleading; still a great book on the power of good storytelling and how and why good storytelling matters.
Paul Kelly
Jul 29, 2011 Paul Kelly rated it liked it
To me, this is an odd book. It is a book on teaching children the Bible written from an actor's perspective (as opposed to an educator's perspective). While I found the creativity both exciting and refreshing, the focus on teaching being primarily performance is a little unfortunate. The book is void of any significant description of learning theory. Still, I think most children's ministry leaders will find something here to enhance their work.
Carol Wunderlich
Great ideas and thoughts for structuring a church school children's ministry... though vey specific to the model and theology of the Willow Creek church... still some awesome things to consider, adapt and straight up utilize.
Kenny Conley
Jan 27, 2010 Kenny Conley rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
One of the best books I've ever read directed toward elementary aged ministry. I consider myself a gifted communicator to this age group, but I learned so much from Aaron's book.
Ari
Jan 10, 2012 Ari rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-books
This is an awesome book.It will help you a lot if you are in the children ministry, at least it helped me and my children ministry.
Angela Delgado
Angela Delgado rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
Kermit Jr.
Kermit Jr. marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Charlie Zapata
Charlie Zapata marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Jesus David
Jesus David marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Lindsey
Lindsey is currently reading it
Apr 14, 2016
Brenda
Brenda added it
Mar 28, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Anna
Anna is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2016
Aaron Pratt
Aaron Pratt marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Raymond L Vannest
Raymond L Vannest rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Nicki Auten
Nicki Auten marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Rebecca A. Wallace
Rebecca A. Wallace rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2016
Aaliyah
Aaliyah rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Angie Awe
Angie Awe marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Emilia Kiess
Emilia Kiess rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Shannon Schulze
Shannon Schulze rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Andrew Bondurant
Andrew Bondurant rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
Tammy P
Tammy P rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Nicci
Nicci rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2015