Start by marking “Shivaree (Shivaree, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shivaree (Shivaree, #1)

Shivaree (Shivaree #1)

Hot on the heels of a nasty break-up, Natalie’s truck dies and strands her deep in Louisiana’s sweltering backwoods. A glow beyond the trees and a haunting melody lead her to what she hopes is salvation.

The Shivaree is more than a bar. It’s a mysterious oasis where people go to escape into a cold drink and lose themselves against a warm body on the dance floor. Gabriel is
ebook, 1st, 78 pages
Published March 12th 2010 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Shivaree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shivaree

CC
May 24, 2016 CC rated it it was amazing

4.5 Stars!

description

After breaking up with her boyfriend, Natalie Foster decides to relocate and head back home; however, as luck would have it, her pick up truck breaks down in the middle of nowhere. Hiking a mile to the nearest inhabited structure, she finds an inviting southern home with a wrap around patio. As she nears the home, music emanates from the walls and windows and she soon realizes, it is a local bar. Once inside, the sultry music continues to lure Natalie until she focuses on the musician
Karla

5 SCRUMPTIOUS STARS!! Two’s company and three’s…scorching hot!! A sandwich is a sandwich, but MANWICH is a meal!! Lip smackin’ good!

At the conclusion of Backwoods Gabriel expressed to Shane his desire to be with a woman. Shane agrees, as long he approves of her and he gets to watch, but he little does he know he will become very involved. Natalie comes to Shivaree looking for help when her truck breaks down. She’s immediately drawn to Gabriel while he singing on stage, their eyes meet and she
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Color me shocked, I liked this one a bit more than the last one.

Even with Natalie added to the mix. She serves a purpose, I suppose.

Shane continued to be an asshole.

But this one was still SUPER HOT. So there is that.

I'm holding out hope that Shane and Gabriel can get their shit together soon.
Snow
Jun 02, 2016 Snow rated it it was amazing
5 whoa stars

This novella....

Whoa....

Ok, let me try again...

Whoa...fuckin hawt m/m,

m/f

oh, yeah, just good ol' regular...

m/f/m,

m/m/f

combinations that will fuckin stir your imagination and set off the fucking magic.

I really jumped into this after i ve devoured Blackwoods, a prequel to this story...

We already know about the carnal magic between Shane and Gabriel..but here, Gabriel brought another person into the mix.

Natalie.

After her truck died on her in the middle of nowhere she walk straight i
April
WARNING .... this book contains M/M, M/M/F, M/F
 photo d79f5090-6329-4e52-a386-310de593c788_zpsc22a40e3.jpg

Months have passed since the ending of Backwood, but Shane and Gabriel are still together, exploring this new unlabelled-relationship.
 photo shanegabrieljpg_zpsb0089d48.jpg
Shane, seems to have come to terms with his fling with Gabriel, but isn't ready for the world outside of the two of them to know.

Gabriel seems to be searching for something. He tells Shane that he needs more, and that more includes sexual relations with a woman.
The only stipulation is that Gabriel has to have Shane
Michelle
May 28, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just what Shane and Gabriel need in their already fucked up relationship. A third.

When Natalie breaks down just outside of Shane’s bar she never imagined stopping in for a beer and finding a mechanic would turn into three days of sexual heat and the best rebound fuck a girl could ask for.

Instantly Natalie is memorized by Gabriel and even with Shane’s possessiveness and warnings, she can’t seem to say no. But Shane made a deal with Gabriel, he could have other women, he just need to ask for it.
Julia
Jun 02, 2016 Julia rated it it was amazing
5-the hot scenes - stars

description

A nasty break up with your three-year boyfriend could lead to different things. But I’m quite sure Natalie never saw this one coming. She wanted a rebound and she got it in form not one but two super-hot-so-sexy-that-i-want-to-lick-them men.

Heading home, Natalie founds herself in a difficult situation. Her truck broke down and she couldn’t do anything. Then she meets Gabriel who offers to help her, and his lover Shane, and all the fun begins.

Though being a quickie this st
Kathleen
Mar 13, 2012 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Story Rating 5 Stars
Character Rating 5 Stars
Romance Rating 3.5 Stars
Heat Level 5 Stars
Overall Rating 5 Stars

Shivaree is book 2 of this series and take place right where Backwood's leaves off.

In this book Natalie joins Shane and Gabriel. Natalie's truck broke down so she walks into the Shivaree and is instantly attracted to Gabriel. Shane is so jealous but he still wants to help her with her truck and reluctantly let's her stay at his place for the night warning her that Gabriel is his and to lea
Judith
Apr 12, 2016 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Judith by: Kathleen
4 Stars

Quick review as I need to get straight onto the next one.
Shane and Gabriel are as hot as ever in this one.I WAS NOT HAPPY about Natalie getting inbetween my men,in more ways than one!!And Gabriel's actions annoyed me at times.

Still,though,a great series.I seriously can't get enough of these 2 men!!!!
Isa Lavinia
Jul 15, 2015 Isa Lavinia rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, romance, angst
This was really good!
Honestly, I can see why people would like him, but I really couldn't get into Gabriel, I never can get into this kind of characters, otherwise this would have been a 4 star book.
Sofia
Mar 26, 2014 Sofia rated it it was amazing

What a hot mess.

Shane and Gabriel break my heart and I do not know what to do with Natalie.

McKenna has not allowed us deep insight of Gabriel yet. What does he want, what does he feel.

Came into this installment unsure and came out still unsure.

Straight onto Getaway as I have to find some calm in this tangle.
Alex is The Romance Fox
The beginning of Shivaree really got me going!!!!!!!!! I could see the scene so clearly in my head – Natalie stranded in the Louisiana backwoods and suddenly hearing the music and seeing the lights through the trees. And holding my breath knowing that something will happen and affect her life as she draws closer to the mysterious place named Shivaree.

I loved Backwoods, the first book in this series and I never thought I would continue being enthralled by the characters, Gabriel and Shane. But wa
Kim Bailey
Apr 18, 2014 Kim Bailey rated it really liked it
Short. Sweet. Sexy.
Cara McKenna knows how to write smut, with heart. Very glad there are more books in this story though. I want to know more about these characters, especially Shane.
Terrific, quick read!♥
K.J. Charles
Mar 27, 2014 K.J. Charles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, contemporary, menage
/whimpers/

Very, very intense. Read Backwoods first, though. American Gothic sex with a deeply unnerving pair of men and a lovely strong female lead.
Menna
May 23, 2014 Menna rated it really liked it
3,5 stars!

I Loved Gabriel and shane and their chemistry and freaking HOT interaction as usual........

However i like me some threesome from time to time here in this case i didn't like it much......maybe because i felt she was intruding and didn't feel her chemistry with them.....what they have is so strong and focused on each other to the point that it didn't allow anything (anyone) in between!

Anyway i enjoyed it!
Tracie Payne
Jul 23, 2016 Tracie Payne rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-books
I think there was smoke coming from my kindle. This was H. O. T.
UltraMeital
Apr 29, 2014 UltraMeital rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, novella, m-f
Another mesmerizing installment. It's strange, when I think about the characters in this one, the general plot, what happens and the interaction between all of them it's hard for me to pinpoint what I actually liked so much or rather why I didn't dislike the whole of it. But the fact it, like the previous one, there was something very different and intriguing that makes this Erotica novella a lot more than just hot sex (which there was quite a lot of but not too overpowering in my opinion).

In th
Tamela
I wasn't sure how I felt about Natalie getting between Shane and Gabriel, both figuratively and literally. First time I read this I was new to the m/m genre so I almost figure throwing Natalie in the mix made things more "normal". But I found that Shane's feelings were so raw that I didn't understand how he could deal with Gabriel being such a free person.

Again, you get to hear Shane POV... and also Natalie's, but not Gabriel's, even though he is what makes the world go round for Shane and has N
Pam/Peejakers (PJ Faste)
Apr 23, 2014 Pam/Peejakers (PJ Faste) rated it it was amazing
Sequel to "Backwoods", so read that one first. And see my review of that one. This is un-freaking-believable! Sooo intense it's almost scary. I don't think I'm giving anything away to say there is menage in this, more than one, they are about about the hottest thing I've ever read, and the way the dynamics of that work out might not be what you expect;-P Again, this is erotica, but way, way more. Still all kinds of psychosexual intensity between the two male MC's. The addition of Natalie to the ...more
Riverina Romantics
5 hotness

Like the first short story in this series - this story was a whole heap of hotness.

After Shane and Gabriel have started getting their sex on this brings a whole new addition to the mix - Natalie.

I was actually a little upset that Gabriel would want to bring someone into the temperamental relationship they already had but in the end it was such an awesome story.

Cara McKenna has solidified herself on my favourite erotic authors list. Her stories always have edge with a great d
Ana Trofin
Jul 27, 2015 Ana Trofin rated it it was amazing
Oh Miss Mckenna could write 20 books about men and women passing through Shane's pleasure filled bed and I still cpuld not get enough! :)
The_Paperback_Peruser
Jul 26, 2015 The_Paperback_Peruser rated it really liked it
Oh, this would be my first MFM, if I start.

What do I do what do I do what do I do?

Edit: umm 3.5 stars, I think. The dirty talk was quite mechanical. But good stuff!

More review to follow.
Kristy
Apr 25, 2011 Kristy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
This was the 2nd book in the Shivaree series. The same main characters from Backwoods, with the addition of Natalie Foster - a woman from upstate New York who is on her way back home from Miami - and she's on the rebound from her asshole ex-boyfriend. Her truck breaks down in the middle of the night - not too far from Shane's bar - and this is where she ends up for the night.

She meets Shane and Gabriel - not knowing that they are lovers. She is infatuated with Gabriel and it isn't long before sh
PepsiGirl
We revisit Shane and Gabriel who have sorted fallen into a strange familiarity where Shane might not see Gabriel or not. Gabriel might sleep on his couch (or in his bed) or maybe he will just show up sporadically. This is making Shane unstable and he knows that he is being played. Gabriel has really been in charge the whole time even though he let's Shane dominate him in the bedroom. Now Shane has come to his breaking point and issues an ultimatum but Gabriel says until you give me what I want ( ...more
Lucy
Feb 24, 2014 Lucy rated it liked it
3 stars

sigh

"I hate him because he makes me love him, and he doesn't love me back"

I have such love/hate feelings towards Gabriel. He's such a mystery and manipulative and I totally get why Shane is crazy over him. But I think I want Shane to walk away from him now.

As expected, this one wasn't quite as good for me due to the menage factor. Natalie is ok, I don't hate her but I'm just more invested and interested in Shane & Gabriel. The threesome scenes are erotic and well written but it's j
Sonia
May 21, 2011 Sonia rated it really liked it
I love Cara McKenna!! She is an awesome writer and this was a great short story :-) But is it just me or was some tension or chemistry missing in this book when comparing to Backwoods? Also I didnt quite believe how Natalie was just ok with everything, with coming to a unknown bar and without a hesitation or a single doubt in her mind having sex with two complete strangers.. In Backwoods we saw Shane fighting his attraction to Gabriel, questioning it and thanks to that it felt more real. But wha ...more
Andrea
Jan 13, 2014 Andrea rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Backwoods and was anxious to get more Shane and Gabriel. The addition of newcomer Natalie added tense dynamic to their relationship. At first I didn't like how she and Gabriel wanting each other did to Shane, but oddly enough, she and Shane bonded. I think Natalie was the impetus to Shane beginning to give Gabriel more. I'm so ready to find out what happens next!

Important info to note: yes, Shivaree was HOT!
Allybaba
Sep 28, 2011 Allybaba rated it liked it
I almost didn't read this because it was M/F/M (I don't like ménage stories), but it was the follow up to Backwoods and I really wanted to read that follow up and see where the author took the two male MCs. Interestingly the ménage was secondary just like the female character was. The story continues to be the relationship between Shane and Gabriel. It has become darker and even more obsessive and is heading towards a breaking point...can't wait to read the follow up...
Alice I Have Become
Not as crazy about the introduction of Natalie. Her presence confused me. I liked the Shane/Gabriel dynamic better. This book just felt cold and almost cruel to me. Natalie didn't even really help matters, and her willingness to mess with Shane and Gabriel's volatile relationship sort of annoyed me.
Would you like a fourth Shivaree book? 2 23 Dec 19, 2014 10:11PM
  • Imprinted
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Enticement
  • Tea for Three
  • Claiming Cullen
  • Hurt
  • Daniel's Surrender (Worthington Group, #3)
  • Retreat From Love (Brothers in Arms #5)
  • The Scientist and the Supermodel (Genetic Attraction, #1)
  • Susie's Choice
  • By the Book
  • Guilty as Sin (Phoenix Rising, #4)
  • Double Dare (The Dare Menage Series, #1)
  • Hale (Circe's Recruits, #4)
  • Anchor and Storm
  • Habañera
  • Ménage
  • Our Man Friday
Since she began writing in 2008, Cara McKenna has published nearly forty romances and erotic novels with a variety of publishers, sometimes under the pen names Meg Maguire and C.M. McKenna. Her stories have been acclaimed for their smart, modern voice and defiance of convention. She was a 2015 RITA Award finalist, a 2014 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award winner, a 2012 and 2011 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award ...more
More about Cara McKenna...

Shivaree (3 books)
  • Backwoods (Shivaree, #0.5)
  • Getaway (Shivaree, #2)

“Fuckin' my man in my bed," he said over Gabriel's shoulder. "You got some goddamn nerve, girl.” 4 likes