Start by marking “Why the Left Hates America: Exposing the Lies That Have Obscured Our Nation's Greatness” as Want to Read:

3.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
"The American flag stands for hatred, warmongering, and imperialism."
"Our free-market system is responsible for killing and oppressing millions of people."
"This country breeds racists and sexists."
Is America really that bad? It is if you accept the lies and propaganda from the anti-American Left in our own country. This dismal, distorted view of the greatest, freest nation
Published September 7th 2004 by Crown Forum (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Why the Left Hates America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why the Left Hates America

Spicy T AKA Mr. Tea
Jan 05, 2008 Spicy T AKA Mr. Tea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: right-wing
Daniel J. Flynn's book is a piece of shit. I have no doubt that Flynn himself is a piece of shit. The point being that this book is poorly researched, poorly written, and just plain antagonistic. His concepts are simplistic and absolute--you either love us or hate us--and his examples are taken out of context and warped to fit his fascistic view of the world. A truly insulting read by any decent human standard.

The one amazing part of it was that a personal friend of mine (go Chris!) was quoted
Dale
Jul 26, 2013 Dale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A quick and thought-provoking read

The thesis of Why the Left Hates America: Exposing the Lies That Have Obscured Our Nation's Greatness , an exceedingly-well footnoted book, is that some on the ultra-left of the American political scene have pet theories that they espouse and that they hate it when facts do not bear out their theories. Among these are what Flynn calles "The Five Big Lies".

The Five Big Lies are:

1. American women live under a patriarchy.

2. America is the World's leading threat
stormlight
I was admittedly curious about the premise printed in large bold letters on the cover: why does the Left hate America? To answer, Flynn brings to bear questionable scholarship and the expected one-sided argumentation which occurs in almost all partisan presentation. The core of the book is really two-fold: first, creating a straw-man of the Left as a monolithic, reprehensible group that purportedly holds views that Flynn avows as anti-American; and second, that America has many virtues worth cel ...more
BBBTerri
Sep 13, 2008 BBBTerri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: politics-social
A great read for Americans who love our country and stand proud regardless of our mistakes. This book is right on. If the words "I'm embarrassed to be an American" has ever left your lips, then you've probably already adopted the "hate America","country-bashing" propaganda fed to us by the Media, Hollywood and our Education system. You've bought the vestiments of the Anti-American chic. It will be difficult for you to pull out of this thinking and appreciate this book.

Thought it interesting the
Jacob
Aug 17, 2012 Jacob rated it did not like it
This is a terrible book that I only read because I won it for free at an event the guy hosted. It's not worth your time no matter what political party you belong to. Got his John Hancock on the inside cover though...
Stacy
Aug 09, 2011 Stacy rated it really liked it
Excellent book but take blood pressure medication if you read it. I couldn't read at long stretches because it made my blood boil. Definitely one to read for the die-hard conservative!
Brian Olson
Jun 26, 2008 Brian Olson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't remember much about this one... must have been pretty forgettable.

But I do remember that it was good. I think... :)
Erin Pierce
Mar 03, 2014 Erin Pierce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! Loved it! Every American should read this
Atchisson
Jan 31, 2008 Atchisson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty spot on truthfully.
David Hickey
David Hickey rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015
Tim O'Hare
Tim O'Hare marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
Alanna
Alanna marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Fred
Fred marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Žižekian
Žižekian rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2015
Bill Batson
Bill Batson rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Jim Hayes
Jim Hayes marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Fides
Fides rated it liked it
May 30, 2015
Blank
Blank marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Larry Darnell
Larry Darnell rated it did not like it
Apr 01, 2015
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Jedediah McClure
Jedediah McClure rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
RC Atchisson
RC Atchisson rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2015
Paul Sutliff
Paul Sutliff rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Manuel B
Manuel B marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Barry
Barry added it
Jan 07, 2015
Bart Christensen
Bart Christensen marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Erik Garrett
Erik Garrett marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Gerardo Herrera
Gerardo Herrera rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2014