Start by marking “I Heart New York (I Heart #1)” as Want to Read:
I Heart New York (I Heart #1)

I Heart New York (I Heart #1)

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  19,882 Ratings  ·  924 Reviews

Angela Clark is in love—with the most fabulous city in the world!

When Angela catches her boyfriend with another woman at her best friend's wedding, she's heartbroken and desperate to run away. With little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins, and her passport in hand, Angela decides to jump on a plane for . . . NYC!

Settling into a cute hotel

Published September 7th 2010 by Harper Perennial (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about I Heart New York, please sign up.

T. E. Sophia Lumholtz There are 6 books: I Heart New York, I Heart Hollywood, I Heart Paris, I Heart Vegas, I Heart London & I Heart Christmas :)
Pamela Valencia yes you can. it should be available at all bookstores. if you can't find it ask someone. I recommend it. So far is light and vibrant. You'll love all…moreyes you can. it should be available at all bookstores. if you can't find it ask someone. I recommend it. So far is light and vibrant. You'll love all the tourist's New York spot. (less)

Karen
This was one of the smallest books in my collection, and for that reason I read it the night before I went on holiday. Quite frankly I wish I had not bothered. The writing is terrible, cliched, and if there was any originality in the book then I must have blinked and missed it.
Rather than any form of detailed plot we have details of designers (was the writer trying for freebies from Marc Jacobs???), numerous descriptions of handbags, shops etc.
I think this is meant to be some sort of modern fair
Sara
This is that awkward moment when everybody loved a series, you start with book one—usually the most loved—filled with positive expectations, and then it’s just meh! You liked it, but you didn’t L.O.V.E. it, and you start to wonder, is it just me? And the book seems to be looking at you saying it is you. Then a small comment on your status of a fellow reader that had relationship issues with the same uber loved series makes you feel at ease. It isn’t just you.
So here’s what I did and didn’t like
Renee Barrette
I loved everything about this book! I've never been to New York, but it's my dream destination right now, and I'll take any opportunity to read about it. That's what drew me to the book in the first place. Kelk has a wonderful ability to make her readers really connect to the characters. Everything that Angela goes through, from the horrendous break-up, to the simultaneous dating, to being a newcomer to a huge city is something that many women have been through, therefore they can relate easily. ...more
Viktoria
Sep 14, 2015 Viktoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, chick-lit
Вооот, чего мне не хватало этой осенью! Мотивирующего современного романа!
Скажу сразу, что мне по настроению эта книга напомнила роман Софи Кинселлы "У меня есть твой номер". По настрою и подаче прямо точное попадание!

Мне хотелось отдохнуть от конкретно таких книг, зацикленных на отношениях главных героев. И тут мне на глаза попалась эта книга. Практически случайно. Что хочется сказать сразу? Интересно, дерзко, забавно, современно, красиво. Начну по порядку.

Я подошла к окну. Прямо на меня смотр
Feb 03, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angela is 26 and maid of honor at her best friend's wedding, when, dressed in a horrible coffee-coloured fish-tail bridesmaid dress, and clutching a pair of Louboutins in her hand, she finds her fiance having sex with another girl in the back of their car.

After screaming at him she discovers that he has been seeing this girl for months, and that her best friend and her new husband have been playing doubles tennis with them!

Storming back into the wedding she screams at the bride, and fractures th
Ena Hasečić
Nakon što na vjenčanju najbolje prijateljice uhvati dugogodišnjeg zaručnika sa drugom djevojkom, pa se još ispostavi da su to znali skoro svi osim nje, Angela iz Londona bježi u New York kako bi probala izliječiti slomljeno srce. Lik Angele je super, ali je lik Jenny, djevojke koju tamo upoznaje i sa kojom prolazi kroz raznorazne avanture, prilično iritantan i meni lično nesimpatičan.

Radujem se idućem nastavku i njenim avanturama u Hollywoodu! :)
Leah
Aug 30, 2009 Leah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2009
At her best friend’s wedding, Angela Clark finds her boyfriend cheating on her in his car. After storming back into the wedding to confront her best friend, Angela flees to New York and ends up staying in the first hotel she comes to. The girl working on the concierge at the hotel, Jenny, befriends Angela and takes her under her wing, giving Angela a make-over and showing her New York City’s sights. Within days, Angela is dating two guys and has a job blogging about her adventures in the City bu ...more
Antonia
Jul 24, 2010 Antonia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
well.

didn't enjoy this. at all. so full of stereotypes of what women "want" and are engrossed by apparently. shopping (the right brands obviously), drinking alcohol to have fun, drinking coffee (of course from the right coffee shop) and finding a mate. but then, what did i expect, it came in a magazine with the exact same content.
the two things that annoyed me most were the constant brand name dropping and the fact that alcohol featured so much - in fact every time the characters went somewhere
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Release Date: June 25, 2009
Genre: Chick Lit

I love Lindey Kelk's books so much! They have just the right amount of humor, fun, and romance to make all chick lit lovers smile! In this book, I Heart New York, readers are taken on a journey with Angela as she runs away from her home town of London to start over after catching her fiance cheating at her best friends wedding. But, what should have been a time of crying an eating her way through Ben and Jerry's in order to get over said breakup, An
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 25/06/2009
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Recommended for: fans of chick lit

Oh I love the 'I Heart' series of books, each of them are amazing and this one does not disappoint! This is the first book that appears in the series where we meet the character of Angela Clark who is funny, relatable, very likeable. In this book Angela moves to New York after she flee's from her wedding, where she meet her new best friend Jenny Lopez (who is the girl you wish was your best friend!) who helps her out abou
Lydia Laceby
Originally Reviewed at Novel Escapes

What fabulous and fun chick lit! I whipped through I Heart New York, finding it full of laughs and connected with Angela’s character and enjoyed following her as she tried to figure herself out.

I Heart New York was such a fun read. I laughed out loud and was fully immersed into Angela’s life. She felt real to me. She had wasn't too ditzy, she had aspirations and I felt her love for the city shine through, along with her confusion about how she ended up there i
Kim Martin-whyte
Fun chick lit, read while I was in NY as it is set there. It's a good story, a definite page turner. I have liked it enough to purchase the next book in the series.
Chloe
Dec 04, 2009 Chloe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At her best friend’s wedding, Angela walks in on her long-term boyfriend Mark cheating on her with someone on the back seat of their car. Nice. So she does what any self-respecting woman would do – flees… not just the wedding, but the country as well! Angela ends up in New York City with no friends, no money and no job.

But she soon makes friend with hotel receptionist Jenny and she’s determined to put a smile back on Angela’s face. Cue a LOT of spending in Bloomingdale’s, getting drunk and meeti
Anne
Jun 12, 2009 Anne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lindsey Kelk's 'I Heart New York' is being marketed at Sophie Kinsella fans and yes there are similarities, however,whilst Sophie often makes me laugh out loud - this book had me sighing in annoyance in many places.

Dumped girlfriend takes the first plane to anywhere - ends up in New York City - meets lots of lovely, fashionable and rich people and immediately turns into a beautiful, succesful woman herself. The plot is quite improbable - very far-fetched but very easy to read. Ideal for passing
Silvia
Mar 19, 2015 Silvia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angela è una ventisettenne inglese con la passione per la scrittura, innamorata del suo fidanzato storico Mark. Durante la festa di matrimonio della sua migliore amica Louisa, Angela sorprende Mark in compagnia di un’altra donna. Messa dinanzi alla dura realtà, la giovane reagisce in maniera sorprendente: prende l’aereo e atterra a New York con ancora addosso l’abito da damigella, le Louboutin ai piedi e una carta di credito quasi prosciugata. Grazie al sorprendente incontro con Jenny, simpatica ...more
Cavort
Nov 10, 2010 Cavort rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was delighted to win this book in one of the Goodreads' giveaways. That is until my spouse lost the book envelope in a pile of bills to be filed. Thus, until I got around to filing, my least favorite thing (besides dishes) I couldn't recall where the heck I had put the book after I got it. Imagine my delight to find, in the middle of endless sheets of monotony disguised as bills and other important documents, a new book to read.

The delight lasted until I started reading. The whole clueless wo
Gina
Feb 06, 2017 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** 4 WITTY STARS! **

I quite liked this book! I especially loved how I got an image of New York just by reading this and made me want to step on the first plane to the Big Apple and just wing it like Angela did.
Just wing it and hope I'll get somewhere, meet new people and get opportunities handed over as if it's a tissue.
Man if life were that simple, it'd be great.

I finished this fairly quick because it's
Vicki
When I picked this book up I thought, yep, nice easy read, nothing special. I think I read this in one day. It's possibly one of my all time favourite books. I've read it and re read it so much I'll need to buy a new copy as mine is getting dog eared. I found it hilariously funny and the heroine cringe worthy but real. I envied how she had the courage to (unrealistically) up and start a new life half way around the world when things got tough at home. I'm glad she stood firm and never wavered ab ...more
Nilam Suri
Feb 13, 2013 Nilam Suri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nilam by: Nina Ardianti
Shelves: chick-lit, ebook
I read it yesterday, and literally in just one sitting. This book made me nailed my butt in Starbucks from noon till nearly evening, unable to move and unable to stop.

I can't remember the last time I enjoy a chick-lit book this much, hell, i even can't remember the last time i read chick-lit, the genre that i adored (and gained me the title the queen of chick-lit among my peers) in college. But this book, make that inner chick-lit die hard fan back in vengeance!

The story is heartwarming, the he
I really enjoyed this book. For a chick-lit, it was pretty hard to put down. The characters were likable and the story was fun. It just happens that all the chick-lits i have read so far have been written by british authors about British characters. This is the same but most of the story takes place in New York so it was a neat surprise to be familiar with the environment. I want to check out some more titles from this author.
Bree T
Jan 05, 2014 Bree T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
British freelance writer Angela Clark is bridesmaid at her best friend’s wedding when she finds her boyfriend getting it on with someone else in the backseat of his car….during the reception. After making somewhat of a spectacle of herself that includes breaking the groom’s hand with her shoe, Angela decides that she needs to get away and now is the perfect time. She boards a flight for New York.

Landing with little more than her laptop, a crumpled bridesmaid dress and the hand-breaking shoes, sh
Rea Cobb
May 30, 2011 Rea Cobb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lindsey Kelk has wrote three books in the I Heart series
I heart New York,
I heart Hollywood
and I heart Paris.

If you have read my previous reviews you will know I was unaware of this as I read the I heart Paris which is the last book first and only once I started reading this book did I fall in that there were previous books.

I thoroughly enjoyed the last book and so I decided to go back and read the first one I Heart New York which I managed to find in the Library.

All of the I heart books lo
Rebecca
Mar 27, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I've heard good things about the I Heart series, and with Lindsey Kelk just announcing an additional book to the series- I Heart Christmas, due out later this year, I decided to give it a go. What I love about this book is that there is no time wasted; it jumps straight into the story within the first chapter.
Angela, a wannabe writer, has just found out her boyfriend has been cheating on her... and all of her friends knew. So, what better to do than jump on the first plane out of England? Angela
Tracie
Feb 14, 2010 Tracie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never really got into the chick-lit genre so what made me pick this book to read, I'm not really sure. Maybe it's because I've always had a yearning to flee to New York, have a trendy makeover, spend obscene amounts of money on designer clothes, find the perfect indie rock god boyfriend and land the perfect job.

Completely unbelievable of course, but this is exactly what the heroine Angela does in this thoroughly enjoyable read. You have to suspend your disbelief as Angela, aided by new best fr
Barbara Elsborg
I didn't get on with this book at all but I won't grade it because I know I'm not the target audience. The more I read, the more uncomfortable I grew. Running away from heartbreak straight into bliss - is not likely. I didn't like the fact that she was dating two guys at the same time (Not a spoiler - it's on the back)Considering what had happened to her, it seemed the wrong thing to do. But it was the way everything fell into place for her so easily that aggravated me the most. Immediately find ...more
Love Fool
If I could, I would rate this book a 3.5.

Get ready to meet Angela Clark as she flees the world’s worst wedding for a new life…

I first read part 5 of the I Heart series and it made me want to read the rest. This book was good, I enjoyed it but I thought it was a little unrealistic. I understand that it's fiction and a chick-lit so I understand the fairytale of it all but for a lady living in NYC most of her life... let me tell you, this shit doesn't happen. You don't meet men nonstop (good-lookin
Jenni
Sep 16, 2010 Jenni rated it really liked it
This book is a little love letter to New York with a lovely chick lit plot thrown in. The main character, Angela, runs away to New York when she finds her boyfriend cheating on her, and tries to rediscover herself in a brand new city.

I loved all of the New York details, and I loved the cast of characters Kelk created. I did find it a little challenging when some of the advice being given to Angela about how and who she should date was so different to my own views, but I couldn't think of leavin
Dangerous Dotz
I started reading this one awhile back, but stopped at 79% and I don't know why!? I still remember a few scenes from the book, which I suppose is a good thing because I usually forget what happens in most cotton candy fiction. Though I don't think I will continue on with the series or finish this particular story - it was too predictable in a boring way and didn't have me laughing out loud enough.
Amanda
Sep 13, 2014 Amanda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A poor example of chick lit. Paper-thin and unlikeable characters, completely far-fetched plot and a belief that women want to read about people who just like drinks, chocolate and shopping. I want so much more from my fiction. This wasn't even light and enjoyable, it was dull and something I wanted finished as soon as possible.
Ilse
Dec 18, 2016 Ilse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
aangeraden door een vriendin en dus maar op mij te lezen lijstje gezet.

ik heb er zeker geen spijt van dat ik geluisterd heb. het hoofdpersonage is soms wat te onzeker, te veel twijfels, maar zonder dat zou het boek natuurlijk ook niet zijn wat het nu wel is.

dus een vlot verhaal, dat goed wegleest, meer moet dat niet zijn ;)
What did you think about this one? 5 24 Jun 22, 2016 02:03PM
Tyler vs Alex 8 22 Dec 05, 2014 05:12AM
Any thoughts about the book ? 6 56 Feb 04, 2014 04:00PM
Age Group 5 64 Jun 23, 2013 01:42PM
Chick Lit Book Club: 11/2012: I Heart New York: Chapter 21 - Epilogue I Heart New York 11 49 Dec 04, 2012 09:34PM
Chick Lit Book Club: 11/2012: I Heart New York: Chapters 11 - 15 I Heart New York 14 71 Dec 04, 2012 09:25PM
Chick Lit Book Club: 11/2012: I Heart New York: Chapters 1-5 I Heart New York 25 90 Dec 02, 2012 08:46PM
  • Baby Be Mine (Johnny Be Good, #2)
  • Fairytale of New York
  • From Notting Hill to New York... Actually (Actually #2)
  • The Nearly-Weds
  • The Personal Shopper (Annie Valentine, #1)
  • The Love of Her Life
  • The Dating Detox
  • Holly's Inbox (Holly's Inbox #1)
  • Summer Daydreams
  • Playing James
  • The Love Academy
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • Be Careful What You Wish For
  • Meet Me at the Cupcake Café (At the Cupcake Café, #1)
Bestselling British author based in Los Angeles. Lover of books, watcher of wrestling, wearer of lipstick. Karaoke enthusiast and cat wrangler. Lindsey is the author of twelve novels, including the bestselling I Heart series, About a Girl, The Single Girl’s To-Do List and Always the Bridesmaid.
More about Lindsey Kelk...

I Heart (6 books)
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)

“It's OK not to be OK.” 176 likes
“People go to LA to "find themselves", they come to New York to become someone new.” 100 likes