Start by marking “Loyalty In Death - Kesetiaan Dalam Kematian” as Want to Read:
Loyalty In Death - Kesetiaan Dalam Kematian

Loyalty In Death - Kesetiaan Dalam Kematian (In Death #9)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  17,026 ratings  ·  468 reviews
Letnan Eve Dallas dipilih secara khusus oleh kelompok misterius untuk jadi lawan tanding mereka. Keping-keping cakram berisi peringatan dan tuntutan dikirimkan kepadanya, mereka berjanji akan menimbulkan teror massal dan menghancurkan masyarakat yang korup.

Lewat serangkaian rencana lihai, bom disiapkan dan target-target ditetapkan. Setiap target adalah simbol kota yang dip
Published March 2010 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Loyalty In Death - Kesetiaan Dalam Kematian, please sign up.

Monica Kelly I started in the middle of the series last year. This year I decided to start from the beginning, start with book 1 and work my way through the…moreI started in the middle of the series last year. This year I decided to start from the beginning, start with book 1 and work my way through the series. Best decision I made, relationship and back stories make sense and I feel as if I'm part of the family. Every character matters, when someone gets hurt or falls in love I laugh and cry. This is a great series.(less)
Iain With your eyes (Hardcover / paperback / e-book) or ears (audiobook).

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
I loved this book... I really did! I loved the intriguing story, the unbelievable plot twists and all that "cop work".

But I hated both Roarke and Eve in some parts of the book. They both have a problem with boundaries....as in, they have none! Eve had no business trying to run Peabody's and McNab's personal life(something she also did with Peabody and Charles). The girl needs to learn that some things she needs to get her nose out of!

And Roarke should have more respect for Eve's job and only int
Catherine
First off, I have to thank the author for finally bringing all that sexual tension in between Peabody and McNab to a boil. And in such a dramatic way! The fact that Feeney witnessed it (and was disturbed by it) was simply icing on the cake for me. Such a hilarious scene. I simply loved them in this book. :D

We get introduced to a new character here. Zeke, Peabody's brother comes to town. I loved that we got a deeper look at Peabody and her family, but he was a little too childlike for me. I didn'
Priyanka (A Booklion's Hideaway)
My first J.D. Robb and I loved it! It's Nora Robert under the penname. As everyone already knows, she's a fabulous writer!
It just took me to my childhood days when I used to read Nancy Drew and fall asleep. Just gives that feeling here.
It's a future based series with Eve, a bad-ass cop and Roarke? He's just amazing at whatever he does, which is, being nosy and helping his wife!
Kjen
Always awesome...no matter how many times I read it! This is early in the series, and Eve and Roarke are still 'feeling out the boundaries'...so to speak. This makes for a perfect mix of tension and passion. Omg...the ending on top of the Statue of Liberty never gets old...epic awesomeness abounds, indeed!
Sassafrass
Let me first say that being able to switch back and forth between my kindle book and my audible audiobook is such an addictive thing.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, I'll get to this review. I had put this series aside for about 2 years and now I'm getting back into it. I read the first 8 books pretty much back to back and I think I got burned out. Now that I've had some distance from it and I'm returning, I know why I devoured them so quickly when I first started.

I absolutely loved this. I
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Loyalty in Death has one of the best endings in so far in the series! It kept me on my toes and got my heart jackhammering in my chest! But before I talk about the ending, let’s start from page one...

My favourite cop, Lieutenant Eve Dallas has a murder case where a wife has literally screwed her husband over. When Lisbeth literally drills her cheating husband to a wall with one of his power tools, Eve doesn’t think her life could get worse. But then she starts getting these suspicious notificati
Elvan
Another favorite as much because of the Hollywood ending as the case. Peabody's backstory gets fleshed out a bit more when we get to meet her brother Zeke and learn a bit more about Freeagers and their philosophy. Her first bounce with McNabb is a light bit of entertainment to keep the massive body count from becoming too depressing. The whole story is constructed well. I felt a bit like Peabody when I first read it, trying to figure out who the bad guys were and why, like I was always a step be ...more
Shanna
I get why people keep coming back for more. Listening to these audiobooks is actually addicting I can't even work sometimes if I don't hear these characters. So I enjoyed so many things about this installment. Firstly Peabody's brother comes to visit and we get to see a whole different side to her. Also, her love life heats up, and though I saw it coming I want a lot more before they end (or don't end cause I like them together) I just think Peabody is such a fun character.

The main murder myste
ElaineY
This installment just didn't engage me like the others did. It wasn't bad in that I doubt Robb could ever write s bad In Death book but I didn't enjoy it as I did the others.

It may be entirely my fault, though. I brought it along to read during a weekend seminar retreat and was just too busy to concentrate on the book. I was tired and constipated and Eve really irked me in this book.

I did enjoy seeing McNab and Peabody getting it on together, finally, but the evil plot-evil group thing felt very
Ally72
This is another fantastic installment in the "In Death" series. Roarke and Eve keep are terrific (once again) and I especially loved this one because we got to see more of Peabody's character. These books just keep getting better and I am not even half way done with the series...Woo hoo!!!
Lisa Kay
“I Roarke” tee-shirt from www.jdrobb.com
description

Okay, I can’t believe I read the paperback instead of listening to the fabulous Ms. Ericksen on audiobook, but I did. I had to have my Roarke fix, LOL! Some of you may know, I did the stupidest thing and, after listening to the first few chapters, erased my library copy of the downloadable audiobook of this one from my iPod/Touch, putting me back on the waitlist at #5. I checked the stacks – and even the hardcopies were checked out! Eep! So, I had to
Colleen
So far my least favorite of the In Death series. Eve was a real pisser in this one. Normally I really enjoy her tough attitude, but in this one she seriously needed to take a chill pill. I also think that the premise of this book was hard to read since it was about terrorism hitting New York City and it was written before 9/11. There is a part in the book where they are worried that the Twin Towers might be a target for the terrorists. Just a little heart wrenching knowing they no longer stand a ...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
I understand that the series is currently at 30 some odd books. I wonder how can it keep interesting for that long? But then I pick up the next in the series. I'm instantly enthralled by the characters continued growth and development. This is maybe my favorite so far. Peabody still gets the best lines, Roarke is still too perfect, and Eve still kicks ass.

Good fun and a good read.
Cata
Nós somos Cassandra.

Assim começa e acaba cada mensagem que Eve recebe de um grupo terrorista que ameaça explodir marcos importantes de Nova Iorque, assassinando indiscriminadamente centenas de pessoas. E esta única frase deu-me arrepios de cada vez que a li...

Ao contrário dos livros anteriores em que a tenente Eve Dallas se focava em resolver homicidios interligados (e, de certa forma, mais pessoais), neste livro ela terá de se focar em resolver não só dois homicidios que aparentemente nada têm
Bigd_041555
One of the more "explosive" books in the series! Liked meeting Zeke Peabody - added yet another dimension to the ID world.

1999 was the year that this book was published - what a coincedence that the "Arlington" explosion took place in September 25, 2023 - wow.

I liked this book because of the story line for starters, the angst among the characters, meeting a Free-Ager, and of course the Eve and Roarke story! And I can overlook Boston being in the State of Maine! :)

5 Starts and 2 thumbs up - great
*Rachael*
Awesome another roller coaster ride with Eve!
Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Since I'm reading the majority of this series almost back to back (as part of a group series read), I was worried that I would start to get bored with one of these books. Maybe I wouldn't care what happened to Peabody or McNabb, or Feeney, or even Eve herself. Notice I left Roarke out of that list because I will ALWAYS care what happens to our sexy Irish man. Much to my delight I find that each books has been different enough, with it's own unique plot twist and turns, that I'm still completely ...more
Reen
This one took a little time to get into but once it got going it was good. I loved the Peabody/McNab interaction and Eve's protective reaction. It's nice to see her relax a bit more around Roarke. I have to say the antagonism she feels towards Somerset is getting a bit tedious though.
On to the next ID installment!!
Anne
Oh my goodness...a great read again but got lost in the Fall lineup on the tele!!! mmmmback to some good reading,not sure what is next!!!!
Lea Bourg'
A breathtaking book with a lot of twists and progress about the characters. I totally loved it !!
For once, Lieutenant Eve Dallas mustn't face a murder or at least not a mere one. She is confronted to the prospect of thousands of deads when a terrorist group named Cassandra threatens to put NYC to fire and the sword. It's in a unbridled time trial that Eve is tangled where appearances are more than misleading.
I totally loved the plot that was much much better than in the book before: it's panting
Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)
Adrenaline-charged and absolutely capturing, to the very end!

When I first heard of these series, I was all about not reading a thirty-something (and still growing) books story. When I started them, I was riveted but unable to fathom reading them all. As of late, though, I cannot stop myself from coming back to these books. I have even put reading others in between a couple of these as a way to keep myself from tiring from them, but instead I cannot seem to like the others and jump right back ont
Maria
Yes! Yes! Yes! This book was awesome! Why am I so excited when I know that this series is great? Because finally it happens something that I was expecting! I will tell you what in a while! So, another amazing book in this futuristic series by J.D. Robb aka Nora Roberts.

I have to say that this installment gives us a better view of the futuristic world and the way things are in this time. Also, it gives us a lesson to their history very important to the story of this book. Eve has to deal with a v
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Tara
So, I was going to patiently wait until the next books came through but then I got book 10 from the library before I got books 7, 7.5, 8, and 9. After waiting patiently for 2 weeks, I finally took matters into my own hands and drove to two other Libraries to collect them all because 10 has to be back in 3 dyas! I'm telling you this because it could be the over-exposure but the mysteries just haven't been doing it for me in the last few books. And EVe is even getting on my nerves. The way she act ...more
Filipa
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

Spoilers Ahead!

It’s 2059 and Eve Dallas has just answered a call to a case that appears to be pretty open and closed. The murderer is actually waiting for her when she gets there drinking a glass of wine. She tells Eve how her boyfriend, J.C. Branson, was cheating on her and she killed him by drilling him to the wall with a drill his company manufactures.

Meanwhile, Peabody’s brother, Zeke, is in town to do some work for B.D. Branson (J.C.’s brother) and his wi
Nicole
My 2010 reading year started off a little rough - several 2 star books and The Stand. I needed a guaranteed good-read to get me back on track...and Eve and Roarke are always good reads! A woman who unprovoked and cold-heartedly murders her long-term millionaire boyfriend by drilling him to the wall with the power tool that he, ironically, manufactures; a disenchanted veteran of the Urban Wars, who went underground as a genius electronics guru, is found dead with his tongue cut out; and Eve gets ...more
ѕєяєηιтι
signorina Vei
Kali ini lawan Eve merupakan sekelompok teroris gila yang mengebom tempat-tempat penting bersejarah di NY. Pengeboman pertama dilakukan di gudang milik Roarke, yang membuat Eve menjadikan kasus ini pribadi dengan bantuan mitra ilegal sekaligus suaminya.

Roarke kesal ketika kelompok teroris ini mengincar miliknya yang paling berharga, yaitu istrinya. Eve harus berpacu dengan waktu, untuk menyelamatkan warga-warga sipil dari ancaman bom teroris tersebut. Kematian demi kematian menekan Eve, namun le
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Plot Summary: NYPSD Lt. Eve Dallas and her assistant Delia Peabody, are called to the home of millionaire, J. Clarence Branson, the owner and co-president of Branson Toys and Tools. Considered by his friends, his brother, and his sister-in-law to be a good man, its all the more shocking when he is found with a hole drilled in the center of his heart. Branson's wife, Lisbeth Cook, comments about the reliability of the drill, and that she killed him because he was cheating on her. Before they can ...more
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Loyalty In Death (Jan. 2014) SPOILER ZONE 126 65 Jul 15, 2014 09:45AM
Readers of Kindle...: Loyalty in Death #9 3 9 Feb 10, 2012 03:22AM
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Sacred Sins (D.C. Detectives, #1)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)
  • Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3)
  • The Dark Tide (Adrien English Mystery, #5)
  • Midnight Crystal (Harmony #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3)
aka:
Sarah Hardesty
Jill March
Nora Roberts

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, U.S.A. She was the youngest of the five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline.
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) Glory in Death (In Death, #2) Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)