Start by marking “Loyalty In Death - Kesetiaan Dalam Kematian” as Want to Read:
Loyalty In Death - Kesetiaan Dalam Kematian

Loyalty In Death - Kesetiaan Dalam Kematian (In Death #9)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  18,899 Ratings  ·  535 Reviews
Letnan Eve Dallas dipilih secara khusus oleh kelompok misterius untuk jadi lawan tanding mereka. Keping-keping cakram berisi peringatan dan tuntutan dikirimkan kepadanya, mereka berjanji akan menimbulkan teror massal dan menghancurkan masyarakat yang korup.

Lewat serangkaian rencana lihai, bom disiapkan dan target-target ditetapkan. Setiap target adalah simbol kota yang dip
Published March 2010 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Loyalty In Death - Kesetiaan Dalam Kematian, please sign up.

Monica Kelly I started in the middle of the series last year. This year I decided to start from the beginning, start with book 1 and work my way through the…moreI started in the middle of the series last year. This year I decided to start from the beginning, start with book 1 and work my way through the series. Best decision I made, relationship and back stories make sense and I feel as if I'm part of the family. Every character matters, when someone gets hurt or falls in love I laugh and cry. This is a great series.(less)
Iain With your eyes (Hardcover / paperback / e-book) or ears (audiobook).

Jo ★The Book Sloth★
I loved this book... I really did! I loved the intriguing story, the unbelievable plot twists and all that "cop work".

But I hated both Roarke and Eve in some parts of the book. They both have a problem with boundaries....as in, they have none! Eve had no business trying to run Peabody's and McNab's personal life(something she also did with Peabody and Charles). The girl needs to learn that some things she needs to get her nose out of!

And Roarke should have more respect for Eve's job and only int
Catherine
First off, I have to thank the author for finally bringing all that sexual tension in between Peabody and McNab to a boil. And in such a dramatic way! The fact that Feeney witnessed it (and was disturbed by it) was simply icing on the cake for me. Such a hilarious scene. I simply loved them in this book. :D

We get introduced to a new character here. Zeke, Peabody's brother comes to town. I loved that we got a deeper look at Peabody and her family, but he was a little too childlike for me. I didn'
Carolyn
Dec 23, 2015 Carolyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, futuristic
Another excellent instalment in this great series. Eve and Roarke have been married 6 months now are their relationship has really started to cement however Eve still suffers from some insecurities that cause her to give Roarke a hard time and she also dislikes him getting too involved in her work. Despite all that they make a great team and Roarke's help is invaluable when time is of the essence and the obtaining of sensitive data or new fangled equipment is involved.

In this volume of the serie
Priyanka (pri_bibliophile)
My first J.D. Robb and I loved it! It's Nora Robert under the penname. As everyone already knows, she's a fabulous writer!
It just took me to my childhood days when I used to read Nancy Drew and fall asleep. Just gives that feeling here.
It's a future based series with Eve, a bad-ass cop and Roarke? He's just amazing at whatever he does, which is, being nosy and helping his wife!
Kjen
Always awesome...no matter how many times I read it! This is early in the series, and Eve and Roarke are still 'feeling out the boundaries'...so to speak. This makes for a perfect mix of tension and passion. Omg...the ending on top of the Statue of Liberty never gets old...epic awesomeness abounds, indeed!
Shanna
Feb 12, 2015 Shanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I get why people keep coming back for more. Listening to these audiobooks is actually addicting I can't even work sometimes if I don't hear these characters. So I enjoyed so many things about this installment. Firstly Peabody's brother comes to visit and we get to see a whole different side to her. Also, her love life heats up, and though I saw it coming I want a lot more before they end (or don't end cause I like them together) I just think Peabody is such a fun character.

The main murder myste
Sassafrass
Let me first say that being able to switch back and forth between my kindle book and my audible audiobook is such an addictive thing.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, I'll get to this review. I had put this series aside for about 2 years and now I'm getting back into it. I read the first 8 books pretty much back to back and I think I got burned out. Now that I've had some distance from it and I'm returning, I know why I devoured them so quickly when I first started.

I absolutely loved this. I
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Loyalty in Death has one of the best endings in so far in the series! It kept me on my toes and got my heart jackhammering in my chest! But before I talk about the ending, let’s start from page one...

My favourite cop, Lieutenant Eve Dallas has a murder case where a wife has literally screwed her husband over. When Lisbeth literally drills her cheating husband to a wall with one of his power tools, Eve doesn’t think her life could get worse. But then she starts getting these suspicious notificati
Elvan
May 10, 2013 Elvan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, audiobooks
Another favorite as much because of the Hollywood ending as the case. Peabody's backstory gets fleshed out a bit more when we get to meet her brother Zeke and learn a bit more about Freeagers and their philosophy. Her first bounce with McNabb is a light bit of entertainment to keep the massive body count from becoming too depressing. The whole story is constructed well. I felt a bit like Peabody when I first read it, trying to figure out who the bad guys were and why, like I was always a step be ...more
Lisa Kay
“I Roarke” tee-shirt from www.jdrobb.com
description

Okay, I can’t believe I read the paperback instead of listening to the fabulous Ms. Ericksen on audiobook, but I did. I had to have my Roarke fix, LOL! Some of you may know, I did the stupidest thing and, after listening to the first few chapters, erased my library copy of the downloadable audiobook of this one from my iPod/Touch, putting me back on the waitlist at #5. I checked the stacks – and even the hardcopies were checked out! Eep! So, I had to
ElaineY
This installment just didn't engage me like the others did. It wasn't bad in that I doubt Robb could ever write s bad In Death book but I didn't enjoy it as I did the others.

It may be entirely my fault, though. I brought it along to read during a weekend seminar retreat and was just too busy to concentrate on the book. I was tired and constipated and Eve really irked me in this book.

I did enjoy seeing McNab and Peabody getting it on together, finally, but the evil plot-evil group thing felt very
 Anna (Wicked Book Blog)
Literally bombastic ;)
Sneaky and violent, is what gets Eve's juices going. Teamed with the ever loyal aide Peabody and her uber sexy husband, the Lieutenant saves New York from destruction at the hands of yet another lunatic. In this book, we get to experience being almost blown away a few times as well as get a lesson at deception and treachery. Well, for her? Just another day in paradise.
Ally72
Nov 08, 2010 Ally72 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-d-robb
This is another fantastic installment in the "In Death" series. Roarke and Eve keep are terrific (once again) and I especially loved this one because we got to see more of Peabody's character. These books just keep getting better and I am not even half way done with the series...Woo hoo!!!
Colleen
So far my least favorite of the In Death series. Eve was a real pisser in this one. Normally I really enjoy her tough attitude, but in this one she seriously needed to take a chill pill. I also think that the premise of this book was hard to read since it was about terrorism hitting New York City and it was written before 9/11. There is a part in the book where they are worried that the Twin Towers might be a target for the terrorists. Just a little heart wrenching knowing they no longer stand a ...more
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
I understand that the series is currently at 30 some odd books. I wonder how can it keep interesting for that long? But then I pick up the next in the series. I'm instantly enthralled by the characters continued growth and development. This is maybe my favorite so far. Peabody still gets the best lines, Roarke is still too perfect, and Eve still kicks ass.

Good fun and a good read.
❆ Crystal ❆
4 stars. I really enjoyed Eve and Roarke.... Peabody is awesome and meeting someone new is always nice. I hope Zeke stays in NY. I can't wait for the next!
Chris Stanley
Oct 02, 2015 Chris Stanley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Loved most of this but the very end was over too quickly and was not satisfying. I'll read the next though!
Cheryl Landmark
Jun 10, 2015 Cheryl Landmark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come soon.
Cata
Jun 21, 2012 Cata rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Nós somos Cassandra.

Assim começa e acaba cada mensagem que Eve recebe de um grupo terrorista que ameaça explodir marcos importantes de Nova Iorque, assassinando indiscriminadamente centenas de pessoas. E esta única frase deu-me arrepios de cada vez que a li...

Ao contrário dos livros anteriores em que a tenente Eve Dallas se focava em resolver homicidios interligados (e, de certa forma, mais pessoais), neste livro ela terá de se focar em resolver não só dois homicidios que aparentemente nada têm
The Grand World of Books
Jun 03, 2015 The Grand World of Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I love this series. I loved this book. Eve and Roarke make me melt. I love them. It has been awhile since I have been able to read a book from this series last, and I missed these characters. Reading this book was like sitting down to coffee with old friends. Warm, and comfortable, and fun. I never wanted it to end. Except that I know I can get the next book and start on it.

One thing I love about these books is that they always so far combine an interesting mystery with the sizzle of Eve and Ro
Bigd_041555
Jan 02, 2016 Bigd_041555 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
One of the more "explosive" books in the series! Liked meeting Zeke Peabody - added yet another dimension to the ID world.

1999 was the year that this book was published - what a coincedence that the "Arlington" explosion took place in September 25, 2023 - wow.

I liked this book because of the story line for starters, the angst among the characters, meeting a Free-Ager, and of course the Eve and Roarke story! And I can overlook Boston being in the State of Maine! :)

5 Starts and 2 thumbs up - great
☀Rachael☀
Jan 17, 2015 ☀Rachael☀ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome another roller coaster ride with Eve!
Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Since I'm reading the majority of this series almost back to back (as part of a group series read), I was worried that I would start to get bored with one of these books. Maybe I wouldn't care what happened to Peabody or McNabb, or Feeney, or even Eve herself. Notice I left Roarke out of that list because I will ALWAYS care what happens to our sexy Irish man. Much to my delight I find that each books has been different enough, with it's own unique plot twist and turns, that I'm still completely ...more
Kara-karina
Dec 17, 2015 Kara-karina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book about a secret terrorist group which has its roots in the past. Very interesting to see what happened in the times of unrest in this futuristic world, plus I really enjoyed the villain. Roarke kicked major ass here, and so as Eve (which goes without saying). We also met Peabody's lovely, naive younger brother.
Reen
Jul 04, 2013 Reen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one took a little time to get into but once it got going it was good. I loved the Peabody/McNab interaction and Eve's protective reaction. It's nice to see her relax a bit more around Roarke. I have to say the antagonism she feels towards Somerset is getting a bit tedious though.
On to the next ID installment!!
Heather  *got a job*
Politics, money, Greek gods, big body counts, bombs and more in this book in the popular "in death" series.

Eve Dallas once again has to race to put together the clues, find the killer group and shut them down before they hit again. Once again being almost blown up won't stop this cop. With her aide Peabody, her electronic support Feaney and McNab along with her husband Roarke they work every angle until clues add up and Eve has someone to catch.

My take: I kinda got a little long with all the po
Anne
Dec 05, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness...a great read again but got lost in the Fall lineup on the tele!!! mmmmback to some good reading,not sure what is next!!!!
Paula
Mar 13, 2015 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So loved this one! Roarke & Eve are great and I adore Peabody
Denise
thuy
Another great installment of the Eve Dallas series. This one involves a shady anti government organization set on bringing down the current government with violent demonstrations of chaos. They've chosen Eve as worthy oponent in this game and send her cryptic clues that she must piece together or thousands of lives could be lost.

It always fun to jump into the down and dirty world of Eve Dallas, lieutenant of homicide for New York City. I love watching the push and pull of her relationship with
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Loyalty In Death (Jan. 2014) SPOILER ZONE 126 68 Jul 15, 2014 09:45AM
Readers of Kindle...: Loyalty in Death #9 3 9 Feb 10, 2012 03:22AM
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • True Betrayals
  • Zinnia (St. Helen's, #2)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Hades
J.D. Robb writes police procedurals set in the near future.

Naked in Death is the first book in what was initially meant to be trilogy about Eve Dallas, a NY police lieutenant with a dark past. In that first book she meets the mysterious Roarke, who is a suspect in the case. By the time the third book in that initial trilogy was in stores readers clamored for more.

Twenty years later, Devoted in Dea
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)

“How do you suppose they know the sheep are virgins?” 1 likes
“I know you love me, but I don't know why. I look at you, and I just can't get why it's me. Every time I get my balance, I lose it again. Because it shouldn't be me, and I think it'd kill me if you ever figured that out.” 1 likes