Start by marking “Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles” as Want to Read:
Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles

Fancy Nancy: Spectacular Spectacles (Fancy Nancy)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  431 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Nancy thinks that Bree's new glasses are simply spectacular. After all, they are lavender. They are glittery. And best of all, they come in a silver case. So when Bree tells Nancy all about her trip to the eye doctor, Nancy can't help but wonder if her own eyesight is perhaps getting a little blurry too. . . .

With a glossary of Fancy Nancy's Fancy Words in the back, this a
Published June 22nd 2010 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Fancy Nancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fancy Nancy

Crystal Marcos
My daughter is 2 and is obsessed with glasses at the moment. She wants to wear them, hold them, see them. She has magnet faces and everyone new face she makes has to have a pair of glasses and she loves stickers of glasses too. She loves Fancy Nancy too. Naturally when I saw this book I had to get it for her. Not the best Fancy Nancy book in my opinion, but still a very enjoyable one. I like the story of how her best friend Bree needs glaces and now Fancy Nancy wants glasses too. I wish that the ...more
Emily Woodard
Jul 20, 2015 Emily Woodard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked Bree's glasses. I like the color purple.
Bodea
Apr 19, 2014 Bodea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My niece recommended that I read me some Fancy Nancy. She happens to be crazy about this series. I told her to tell me her top fives in the series and I'd read them. I've gotta say, I understand why she loves Nancy. She's inquisitive and very realistic in her actions.

First, I thought the illustrations were great. They really suit the series because the colors and scenes are so vibrant. Nancy really is fancy and so is her friend Bree.

The story was great. It made me remember when I got my first
Alyssa
May 05, 2015 Alyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fancy Nancy is so very great. She is such a fun and spunky individual and I love getting to know her through the books. Fancy Nancy is another book that falls within the comedic genre. This book would be good to introduce tone. Nancy has her very own style of speaking because she speaks fancily. It would be good for students to compare the way that they speak with the way that Nancy speaks and determine a style of their own that they employ when speaking (or writing, if they are there yet). The ...more
Bookswithbrooke
Dec 04, 2014 Bookswithbrooke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watch my review here! http://youtu.be/EqABh4n-z-8

Hi everyone! I have to confess that I LOVE the Fancy Nancy book series. I own almost the whole series. This series helped me become a better reader and makes learning vocabulary a lot of fun. The illustrations in this book are some of the best I have ever seen and think you will like reading this book even if it is below your level. I recommend this book for anyone ages 3-7. This is also a great book for advanced readers to read aloud to a younger
Margaret Chind
We always love Fancy Nancy, especially in Early Readers and this one is really great working on the theme of new glasses. Bree needs glasses and Nancy gets a little jealous and this little reader is a great way to walk through working it out for both of them. Bree is getting fancy new glasses and Nancy is thinking perhaps she needs some too. After all they are fancy. This one reminds me of the Fancy Nancy: Pajama Day book whiere readers can go through a story and see Nancy's whirlwind of emotion ...more
Lavonnia
I Can Read…Fancy Nancy Spectacular Spectacles is contemporary realistic fiction. The book is intended for beginning readers. This would be the (P) Primary reading range, age 5 through 8 years old.

The book tells of two young girls who are friends in school. One of the girls’ needs reading glasses. The other becomes so intrigued with the idea of having glasses that she begins to think she needs glasses just like her friend.

I gave this book a rating of 3. The book shared some colorful illustrations
Nayla
Sep 10, 2012 Nayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eldest-s-reading
Holly Letson
I wasn't all that impressed. The obsession with "fancy" words was annoying, and the art was weird. Even the boys seemed to be wearing eyeshadow.
Jessica
Nancy is great! I love the clever idea that she gets at the end of the book.
Rita M
Dec 20, 2014 Rita M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
$ & 5 year old grand-daughter enjoyed it as did I.
Phillip
Nov 09, 2014 Phillip rated it really liked it
Shelves: primary-k-2
4.25 Stars
Dolly
May 29, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Fairly typical story in the Fancy Nancy series by Jane O'Connor. In this story, Bree gets eyeglasses and Nancy gets jealous. It's a fun story to read aloud and as always, introduces a few advanced vocabulary words. Our girls love this series.
Dee
Jul 07, 2010 Dee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fancy people
Shelves: children-s-books
I just love these girls. Bree gets fancy glasses and can you guess who else wants fancy glasses? "Ooh la la!" I love the detail in these books down to the very last little curl on the girl's heads. I like how the books have a glossary at the end to learn bigger fancier words for ordinary items. Nancy is a charismatic (that fancy for charming) little girl. She's an absolute doll.
Miri
Jul 01, 2016 Miri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
I don't know; this one just didn't really click for me. Possibly because I was thinking that if a parent wanted to make their child feel better about having to get glasses, this book would not help, as the child's glasses will probably not be lavender and glittery and come in a shiny silver case with a purple and pink polka dot silk hankie for cleaning them. Just saying.
Sandybear76
The 1st and 2nd graders will be pleased with this newest Fancy Nancy book. Fancy Nancy's best friend can't see the writing their teacher puts on the board so she has to go to the eye doctor. Fancy Nancy has many new words for girls to learn in a fun way.
Nancy Jo Lambert
So recently, my daughter has become extremely interested in Fancy Nancy. So, we have been reading some of the Fancy Nancy series. This series is lots of fun and all the heart warming moments are a nice touch to the rather flouncy, fancy moments.
Shelli
Mar 07, 2015 Shelli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This I Can Read Fancy Nancy series is perfect for young students to practice their reading skills and boost their confidence by practicing many sight and easy to sound out words, while enjoying a fun story.
Elizabeth S
Jul 31, 2011 Elizabeth S rated it liked it
Shelves: c-beginner
One of the simpler Fancy Nancy books. Bree needs glasses, and (of course) they are fancy and Nancy wants some too! I really like the solution she and her mom come up with.
Chrystal
Dec 18, 2010 Chrystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fancy Nancy is always a winner at our house....and saying 'spectacular spectacles' was extra fun.
Danielle
Oct 12, 2010 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Fancy Nancy is the best! I love reading this to my two be-spectacled girls. So fun!
Elyse
Jul 03, 2014 Elyse rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
See my review for "Fancy Nancy."
Michelle
Oct 15, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mariana
Mariana loved this book.
Jael
Jael rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Mariah Pheiffer
Mariah Pheiffer rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2016
  • Pinkalicious: School Rules!
  • Biscuit Wins a Prize
  • The Berenstain Bears at the Aquarium
  • Diary of a Worm: Teacher's Pet (I Can Read!, Level 1)
  • Houndsley and Catina (Houndsley and Catina, #1)
  • Morris the Moose
  • Mac and Cheese
  • Just Helping My Dad
  • Amelia Bedelia Makes a Friend
  • I Like Bugs
  • Take Care, Good Knight
  • A Picture for Harold's Room
Since the publication of Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor's closet now boasts so many boas, tiaras, and sparkly ensembles that sometimes friends do not recognize her on the street. She still resides (that's a fancy word for lives) in New York City with her family and their canine companion, Arrow. --from the publisher's website
More about Jane O'Connor...

Fancy Nancy (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Fancy Nancy
  • Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy
  • Fancy Nancy: Bonjour, Butterfly
  • Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words: From Accessories to Zany
  • Fancy Nancy: Explorer Extraordinaire!
  • Fancy Nancy: Tea Parties (Fancy Nancy)
  • Fancy Nancy Halloween... or Bust!
  • Fancy Nancy: Splendiferous Christmas