Start by marking “Light of the Body (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Light of the Body (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #2)

Light of the Body (Pembroke Eve Chronicles #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Light of the Body continues the adventures of Jacob, Callum, Suzy, Zane and Mr. Barnaby in the town of Pembroke Eve about two months after the events of Shadows of the Mind.

Jacob and Callum, now living together with Jacob's parents, are disturbed by a dog barking in the distance one night while getting intimate.

Jacob finally insists they investigate the reason for the dog
Published April 15th 2010 by eXtasy Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Light of the Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Light of the Body

Bookwatcher
Again a 5 stars sci-fi book by mark Alders!

No sorry... just kidding...
I respect all writers, but I must admit that is he second of the Pembroke Eve Chronicle that get my 5 stars. I really like Mark Alders's books! Why?

1) If you read the first book Shadows of the Mind (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #1) by Mark Alders you already know that Jacob is a hero... well, now he will do it again. I love action, so of course I think this book is perfect.

2) Zane will be the main character too. All book is Jacob's point of view, and you will be surprised by some scenes. Le
~~~Heather S.~~~
Fantastic story and so freaking hot!! Even better than the first, can't wait for the next!
Tj
Once again I must admit that Mark Alders mind must be a fascinating place. The plot bunnies must go insane in the maze;) Anyway, loved this story. The characters continue to grow. Once again you are mostly involved with Jacob and his continued adventures but just as in real life you are given more information on the other characters in the story.

I have always enjoyed how the author makes the unbelievable, believable. I mean, really, insectmans? In what other way would I ever think that could be
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Nancy L
Heather C
I was really looking forward to reading this sequel to Shadows of the Mind. I couldn't wait to see what kinda trouble Jacob and his friends would find.

Oh, wow! I don't know where to begin. This one starts out fast and never slows down. I think the whole books spans less than 24 hours. Lots of craziness and WTFs in this one!! Oh, and did I say it is hot, too?

So the townfolk have experienced an invasion and now an infestation. What's next? And will we see Aloysius again?

On to book 3 now.
MsMiz (Tina)
Mark your mind is a maze of outstanding ideas...these are just getting better and better. I have totally fallen for Jakey, Callum and Zane.
Shell
Let me start this review out by stating that I don’t normally enjoy sci-fi. Generally, it’s a little too outlandish for me, which is odd because I love paranormal, but whatever, I won’t go into the strangeness of my mind. This book is sci-fi, there are alien bug men, impregnated humans procreating more bug men and a bug man eating non-flying dragon. Got all that? I know, a bunch of buggy things going on! Now, you may be sitting there thinking, wft? I know I was, but honestly, it was a really goo ...more
Lexi Ander
I was reading the book last night and I had to be the adult, stop and go to bed so that I could get at least 6 hours of sleep before I had to go to work. Plugged my kindle in so that it would be fully charged the next day. I tried to stop at a good place...Jacob and Zane are in the priest hidey-hole in the library and the bug-boys are tearing up the house looking for them. Zane kisses Jacob...and I of course had to go to bed. What the hell! So I consoled myself with the thought that I can get to ...more
Wendy Ann
While I loved the first book in the series, this 2nd installment had the right combination of ingredients (and I'm not talking chocolate here Mark;) to make this a 5 star read for me!

Of course there were the wacky twists and unexpected turns that I'm now realizing shouldn't be a surprise in one of Mark's books (absolutely fascinating imagination and creativity that comes through in spades in the development of the story, rich descriptions, and interesting characters), but what pushed it up a no
Jenre
After reading the previous book in the Pembroke Eve Chronicles, Shadows of the Mind, I decided that perhaps I had taken the last book a little too seriously and that I would approach reading this book with my tongue firmly in my cheek. As a result, I got on much better with this book than I did the previous one!

The story continues 2 months on from the last book. Jacob and Callum are disturbed during the night by a barking dog. They decide to investigate and are horrified when Callum is bitten by
Elisa Rolle
Recently I had to forget a lot my rule to always reading series in their order, but Light of the Body won the Rainbow Award for Best Gay Sci-Fi, and so of course I was too curious to read it as soon as possible. More, Mark Alders already arrived in the final three positions in the Fantasy genre last year, so this young author is building an impressive portfolio of awards.

Truth be told, not Fantasy or Sci-fi is really my cup of tea, but Light of the Body is more a comedy/horror/splatter adventur
Leaundra
Mark did it again. This book rocked!! The first book creeped me out and this one creeped me out even more. WTF is up with this town?? I would so be out of there, LOL. I'm not giving anything away because it would be too much to tell you, so the best thing to do is read it...Looking forward to the 3rd book but at least I have a few days to get my mind back right, lol... Great book Mark really!! Before you read this one make sure you read ... Shadows of the Mind(Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #1) first ...more
Robert
4.5 for the second installment of Mark's series. I'm really enjoying the characters and I'm anxious to see Jacob, Callum, and Zane explore their relationship.
Kendra
The oddness from book one just continued right to book 2. :-)
This was an interesting story that kept me engaged. There were a few things that made me go "Huh??"...and hat wasn't even the alien stuff. lol (view spoiler)
Tamela
OMI, Chronicles #2 is even more off the wall. Callum is bitten by a mysterious stranger and is now PREGNANT??? Jacob's hunt begins for the reasons why so many of the townsfolk are ending up in the hospital in the same or worse condition than Callum. And to also find out why Suzy is the "ONE".

Another funny, weird, off the wall creation by Mark Alders. As always, an enjoyable read :)
Phil Ansell
Enjoyed this second book as much as the first one, Shadows of the Mind, but this book was even funnier, I'm still laughing at parts now! I also loved how the characters seem to get naked at the most inappropriate times, i.e. whilst hacking away at a load of insect men. And as for the final chapter, wow! ;)
Tristan
Truly a unique and interesting read! Mark has a mind for twists and inventiveness! I think my favorite part was in the wall. What an erotic expression of need between friends. Plus, Zane is my favorite Mark Alders character!
Jerry
As much as I loved the first book in this series, the second one hit me strangely. I guess I also ave a problem with a non monogamous relationship. It was a romp though and lots of fun, just not my cup of tea.
Rosebee
This is one of the weirdest series (major suspension of disbelief required), but it's also quite unique and very interesting.
James Cox
Talk about a jumble of creations thrown in with sexy men and you know what...Mark Alders made it work. Fantastic read!
Jaimee Way
Very short review. I'll only say that the m-preg was not important to the story at all, much to my dismay. O.O
Dpgblover
Dpgblover marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
George
George marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
LoriO.
LoriO. added it
Nov 05, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Cdmr9816
Cdmr9816 marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Ja-paige
Ja-paige marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Sharing Paul (Portals, #3)
  • Eyes of an Innocent (In the Eyes, #1)
  • Miles and the Magic Flute
  • Man Down (EMS Heat, #2)
  • Any Ordinary Day
  • An Uncommon Whore (An Uncommon Whore #1)
  • Hot Cargo (Healing #2)
  • Grown Men (HardCell, #1)
  • Aliens, Smith and Jones
  • Loving Edits (Basque, #1)
  • Home for the Holidays (Details, #1.5)
  • Promises (Darwin's Theory, #3)
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Angel Land
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Lost Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #0.5)
  • A Solid Core of Alpha
  • Back to Black Point (Black Point, #2)
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about
More about Mark Alders...
The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1) The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga, #2) The Mis-adventures of a Teenage Mark The Incubator (Border Worlds Saga, #3) Shadows of the Mind (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #1)

“So, if it's an axe weilding maniac reeking bloody havoc all over the neighborhood, exactly what are we going to defend ourselves with, our boners?"

Callum to Jacob”
11 likes
“I dry heaved, forcing myself to try and not chuck up my guts. I had been f**ked by an insect man.” 2 likes