Start by marking “Too Many Cats” as Want to Read:
Too Many Cats

Too Many Cats

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  89 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Cat after cat makes its way over the fence and into the backyard of a lady who’s looking for a little quiet to enjoy some music. There are slinky cats and stinky cats, gray cats and stray cats, but all the cats have one thing in common—they love to sing. Meow!

This companion book to Too Many Dogs brings a fun, rhyming text together with bright, humorous artwork in a book th
Published January 13th 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Too Many Cats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Many Cats

A.C. Bauch
Although the book's title made me dubious (How could there ever be too many cats?), I picked it up as the token cat book for our weekly library run. A super cute book with many different types of cats (even one that looks like our cat, something I pointed out for our child).
Justin
Mar 26, 2014 Justin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We liked this book. It had a lot of sight words and a few new ones. The letter L in the word all makes it look like A11 (A-eleven), and that was confusing. But the rhyme was fun and the cats were cute. I liked it.
Vivian
Mar 27, 2014 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This "easy reader" is fun, but didn't hold the attention of our 3-5 year olds at story time.
David
Jan 08, 2015 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our five-year-old kindergartner granddaughter found this book easy to read. She likes it.
Jeremy
Nov 16, 2014 Jeremy rated it it was ok
Helpful in getting Kate to recognize the word cat.
Robert
Fritz's teacher sends home one of these beginning reader books every week for him to practice. He isn't reading yet, but he does analyze the illustrations and can usually figure out the sentence. We discussed what a "purry cat" is.

Apparently the book was due back yesterday . . . I'm a little behind on how the shuffle works. Anyhow, we sat and read it this morning before school.

The illustrations are very colorful; the sentences are simple. Fritz welcomes sitting down and reading together. So do
J-Lynn
A fun books if children love cats because there are many different types making all kinds of mischief. But, the book poses a problem because the one to two words on each page is too simple for older readers or a read aloud, but the vocabulary (slinky, stray, scat, etc.) is complicated and the book doesn't have enough repetition for the beginning readers it is marketed for.
Dolly
Mar 02, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Very simple reading primer about cats; this book has lots of colorful illustrations and simple, repetitive and rhyming phrases that help children learn new words and practice reading. We enjoyed reading this book together, taking turns reading each page.
Molly
Mar 10, 2009 Molly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great first reader. It has only a couple of words per pages and uses repitition and rhyme. It is a nice story, though why would you ever think you had too many cats? Ok I am cat biased. Ages 5+
carissa
Jan 05, 2010 carissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended Ages: K - 1st grade

Step Into Reading series level 1: Big type and easy words, rhyme and rhythm, picture clues
Emily Augustus --Louisville KY
My students love the illustrations in this book. It is great for teaching new and some silly vocabulary words.
Carol Royce Owen
Dec 20, 2012 Carol Royce Owen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple rhyming book about all the different types of cats.
Amanda_DJ n' Zac
DJ read this all on his own almost. Its a cute read :)
Angelica
Nov 08, 2014 Angelica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pre-k
My 3 year olds like this ... Cute pictures & few words
Aug 20, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good for my beginning reader!! Funny for me, too.
Danica
May 30, 2012 Danica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
A cute rhyming book. Fun for children.
Louise
Dec 15, 2010 Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kid-reading
I like the cats says Gabe
Ariana
Ariana rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
Darah
Darah added it
Apr 29, 2016
Julia
Julia is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2016
John John Ketcham
John John Ketcham rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Martha Evans
Martha Evans marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Leigh Dutton
Leigh Dutton marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016