Start by marking “Moonsong Lullaby” as Want to Read:
Moonsong Lullaby

Moonsong Lullaby

The Moon watching over the night is an important theme in Native American lore. It is said that the Moon sings to soothe the sleep of the Sun as she makes her path across the night sky.
This original lullaby is inspired by the ancient stories and Jakame Highwater's own deep feelings for the natural world as his ancestors knew it.
Published 1981 by Lothrop, Lee and Shepard Books

To ask other readers questions about Moonsong Lullaby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonsong Lullaby

Ok well I was just reading that the author (whose real name was James/Jack Marks) was not Native American and that's kind of crappy, at least for this Native American project I am working on at the moment. I actually really liked this book. I loved the Lullaby and the pictures were good too. Here are some of my favorite lines:
"Mushrooms spring up in the cool damp of the darkness, and lilies unfold pale blooms. Roots nuzzle the good earth, burrowing into the depths where silent waters flow." Als
Alysha DeShaé
Jun 02, 2012 Alysha DeShaé rated it really liked it
Anna loved the pictures, but wasn't too thrilled with the story. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed the story. :-)
Matthew Winner
Matthew Winner rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2013
Ayla rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Heidi rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2011
Jamake Highwater is the author of a number of books for children, including The Ceremony of Innocence, a 1985 ALA Best Book for Young Adults, and I Wear the Morning Star, a 1988 IRA Young Adult Choice. Mr. Highwater lives in Hampton, CT.
More about Jamake Highwater...