Start by marking “Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)

Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  11,709 ratings  ·  186 reviews
Kaname, the pureblood vampire, has kept to his room since learning of Yuki and Zero's forbidden act. However, the arrival of Ichijo's grandfather brings the entire Night Class together to greet one of the oldest vampires on the senate. Ichijo's grandfather says he's there merely to visit his grandson, but he's out for Kaname's blood.
Published October 2nd 2007 by VIZ Media (first published April 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knight, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Knight, Vol. 3

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
28th out of 601 books — 1,376 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
26th out of 446 books — 375 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola
2 1/2 stars.

Hmm... boring. I wasn't interested in the newly presented character - the grandfather - and I found the graphics lacking care and detail. But, as long as Kaname and Zero are in the story, I could never ''dislike'' it ;)
Arlene
Vampire Knight 3 is a great installment in this series. The intrigue continues to build in this book and we meet a couple more vampires that I’m still trying to figure out. I liked the back story of Yuki and Kaname that was included in this manga, and I can see now why there are many who are Team Kaname.

This book raises a few questions for me, including:
1. Why is Ichijo’s grandfather, who is the oldest vampire in the senate, after Kaname’s blood?
2. Why is Zero sent to hunt a Level E serial kille
Nic
Dec 29, 2010 Nic rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, manga
I have now finally decided..........ZERO ALL THE WAY BABY!

description

Now you bookers ~points to Tina, Kim and especially Arlene~ tell me Yuki ends up with Zero PLEASE!
Jacqueline
I LOVE me some character-spectacularness when it comes to my Shoujo. Plot's well and good enough, and we gotta have it, but nothing beats getting to spend just angsty emo-tastic time with our girl Yuki. Throw in some more time spent with Zero and Kaname and I'm all of the euphoric.

Interestingly Volume 3 spent a lot more time focusing on the world, with Yuki kind of feeling pushed to the background more often than not. She was front-and-center, but the story was more about her rather than being
Michelle  (Crazy Cat Lady)
I felt sorry for Yuki when she (view spoiler), but she still remembers it and it hurt her a lot, all the same. What's-her-name still likes Kaname, though, and there's a new vamp girl who has already caused drama just during introductions (that I sense might be more competition who causes drama), not to mention Zero always ...more
Moriah
In this third volume of the Vampire Knight, Zero and Yuki are still keeping their forbidden act a secret (Zero feed from Yuki), causing Kaname to keep to his room and his fellow Night classmates to wonder what is wrong with him. With the arrival of the Grandfather of fellow classmate, Ichijo who says he is just there to see how his grandfather is doing, it appears he is actually there to keep in eye on Kaname.

Also we see flashbacks to when Zero had first met Kaname (all are younger) recognizing
Farhin
Please do not read this review if you have not read the previous volumes of Vampire Knight.

Volume 3 of Vampire Knight was more of a flashback volume, strengthening the backstory of the characters.

In the first chapter Kaname has confined himself to his room after becoming aware of Zero and Yuki's "forbidden act" (which was revealed in vol.2). (view spoiler)
In the midst of all this, Takuma
Sara
I just love this manga series! I savored this one, looking at all the pictures. It's such a good story. I'm not in High School anymore, but I still love these books.

What was great about this one is that there were plenty of flashbacks with Yuki when she was younger, filling in gaps and rounding out her personality. Also, a couple of new characters appeared in the book - got to watch out for them, they're not quite on the up-and-up.

Love the sidebars that the author puts in periodically. One of th
Sébaste Gagné
Okay, okay. I kind of start to understand why I loved this manga series so much when I was younger. I'm starting to get a little bit more involved in the characters' lives again than I did in the first two volumes. I loved the childhood flashbacks the most (especially adorable little Yuuki trying to get dressed by herself).

Again, the thing that I deplore about this series is Yuuki's helplessness. Many people seem to be really annoyed by Zero's "emo-ness", but I think it's kind of normal for him
Alex
The sexual tension continues to ooze from every page. Hino is an absolute master of showing everything and nothing, creating incredibly erotic situations that occasional erupt into graphic blood feeding encounters that are highly ambiguous in nature and perhaps even a little morally problematic (like all good Vampire fiction!). In other words - it's s still fucking hot.

The steady build of the central plot at the moment is simply introducing new characters and hinting at enmities and rivalries t
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: B+
Synopsis: Cross Academy is a prestigious private school with a secret. The student body is divided into two classes: the Day Class, which is made up of mortals, and the Night Class, which consists of vampires. Most of the students and staff at the school have no idea this is going on, and apparently think it's normal for a bunch of bishounen to hang out only at night. Despite this, the manga is pulled off well. It focuses on Yuki Cross, adopted daughter of the headmaster, and
Sara Thompson
I love Manga – it’s special and different when compared to American comics/stories. Manga borders on the silly while having serious moments. This one is no exception. I loved it.

Yuki is the adopted daughter of the headmaster of a special boarding school. The day classes are fairly normal but at night a different set of students come to learn and they are vampires.

Yuki works as the special guardian with Zero. Their job is to keep the vampires a secret and prevent them from harming the human stude
Veronica Ika
What is in the present was the result of what was in the past.

This serial reveals the past of the three main characters in the story, which collides each other. It shows how Yuki and Kaname is very close since he saved her from the bad vampire. Though I’m still not sure whether the reason why they are not really close again at the academy is caused by Yuki accidentally saw Kaname drank Ruka’s blood, that making the young Yuki realized how far the difference between them as a vampire and a human.
Manon-Marie
Nous voici de retour, pour la troisième fois, au sein de l’Académie Cross, un internat qui a la particularité d’enseigner aux humains (avec la Day Class) comme Yuki, la fille adoptive du Directeur et aux vampires (avec la Night Class) dont fait parti Kaname, un puissant sang-pur. Les tensions sont de plus en plus importantes entre ce dernier et Zero, lui aussi adopté par le directeur après le massacre de sa famille par une vampire sang-pur. Devenu vampire à son tour, celui-ci reçoit l’aide de Yu ...more
Katherine
J ai adoré ce tome! Jusqu'à présent c est dans celui ci que l on apprend le plus de choses sur le passé des personnages... Avant de lire ce tome j étais à 85% pour Zéro mais maintenant ce dernier et Kaname sont revenus a une égalité parfaite! J avais aussi oublié d évoquer que en chaque début de chapitre (il me semble) nous avons dans la marge de gauche une note de l auteur... Je les trouve très utile car elle y parle de ses inspirations, des lettres que lui écrivent ses lectrices... Mais je les ...more
Kashmir
Fue extremadamente lindo leer el pasado de los personajes principales ¡Yuuki era tan tierna! Ojalá le volviera a prestar atención a Kaname, la soledad de él me parte en dos ):
Sanjee
this was the first one of the series i read, and i was kinda disappointed because the chapters weren't that exciting. but the art was awesome, as always. :]
Soobie's heartbroken
Non so, forse la storia non è ancora partita... OK, lo so che riconoscere i vari personaggi non è mai stato il mio forte ma in questo caso ancora non riesco a distinguere i vari vampiri.

Per ora, il personaggio che mi ha colpito di più è Zero. Non riesco a capacitarmi che le fan giapponesi - come scritto dall'autrice - adorino Kaname. Anche perché non ha un ruolo determinante secondo me fino adesso. Ha solo salvato Yuki quando era bambino e adesso fa tanto il misterioso... Oppure morde altri vamp
LastBreath
Yuki shows her deep affection for Zero & offers one of the greatest gifts imaginable. However the act does not go unnoticed.

Kaname is visited by Ichijo's grandfather, the oldest known Vampire. Suddenly you learn that the Purebloods are not infallible. This then brings everyone's allegiance into light.

The first sanctioned Level E assassination is performed by the Vampire's of the Night Class. This places pressure on Zero, who was given the directive to carry out the killing. Looking at the i
Sumaya
the whole series gets 5*..... just because!
Elijah Alexi
its great and awesome
Lesedelfin
Jody Mena
Love Vampire Knight! For some reason I find the dark ambiance of Cross Academy quite charming. Even when the story seems to drag, the characters and setting are enough to get me through. And the plot did drag a bit in this book. Though quite a lot happened, and there was a great deal of back-story provided through flashbacks, the trouble is that new elements keep being slowly added, and too few are being resolved, so that all the actions only seem to be rising actions, and no climax is ever reac ...more
Strangerealms
Patrick, Cueva
Lexi
This book was entertaining because it had a lot of drama and vampires sucking. Literally. Llike they sucked human blood. But another one (Who I thought was actually really hot in the pictures that the author drew) Zero, he takes tablets. He in a weird twisted way is like the Cullens but it's still human blook. It was still an entertaining book don't get me wrong. But Twilight is a lot like the Vampire Knight series. Like so much alike it's not even funny. It's actually kind of creepy. But anyway ...more
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το τρίτο τεύχος ανταποκρίνεται στο επεισόδια 7 έως 9 και στις νύχτες 10 έως 14. Και ναι, η Hino είναι εκπληκτική σχεδιάστρια, πράγμα που απέδειξε από τα 2 προηγούμενα τεύχη σε αυτό όμως, δίνει ρεσιτάλ, διαχωρίζοντας του καλούς από τους κακούς με λεπτές γραμμές δεξιοτεχνίας αλλά παράλληλα, αναδεικνύοντας μέσα από τα μάτια του καθενός όλα τα συναισθήματα, θετικά ή αρνητικά. Ξεκινώντας με την επίσκεψη του Ichio στην Ακαδημία, παππούς του Ichijo, γεγονός που προκαλεί μια κάποια αναστάτωση, και μετά ...more
Jenny
[Ch. 10-14:]

This one is more informative. You learn more about Yuuki and Kaname. You get to see Zero kill his first vampire and you meet a new character. Very interesting volume.

[Edit: That stupid person (Ichiou) came and was being a jerk to Kaname. The nerve of him..

I commend Kaname for restraining himself and not ripping out his throat.

I love looking back into the past at some of Yuuki's memories with Kaname. She's so cute! ^_^

You know it's so funny, the only difference between what they looke
Vampire Knight RP: Shiki Senri 2 7 Nov 02, 2012 03:05AM
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 7 (Rosario+Vampire, #7)
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 03
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 17 (Fruits Basket, #17)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 4 (Wild Ones, #4)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 07 (Black Bird, #7)
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 06
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.
More about Matsuri Hino...

Vampire Knight (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 (Vampire Knight, #2)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight, #4)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 5 (Vampire Knight, #5)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 6 (Vampire Knight, #6)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 7 (Vampire Knight, #7)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 8 (Vampire Knight, #8)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 10 (Vampire Knight, #10)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 11 (Vampire Knight, #11)
Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight, #4) MeruPuri, Vol. 1 (MeruPuri, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9) Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 (Vampire Knight, #2)