Start by marking “Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)

Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight #3)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  12,800 Ratings  ·  217 Reviews
Kaname, the pureblood vampire, has kept to his room since learning of Yuki and Zero's forbidden act. However, the arrival of Ichijo's grandfather brings the entire Night Class together to greet one of the oldest vampires on the senate. Ichijo's grandfather says he's there merely to visit his grandson, but he's out for Kaname's blood.
Published October 2nd 2007 by VIZ Media (first published April 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knight, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Knight, Vol. 3

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
27th out of 658 books — 1,492 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
26th out of 480 books — 420 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola  Reviewer
Apr 07, 2015 Lola Reviewer rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars.

Hmm... boring. I wasn't interested in the newly presented character - the grandfather - and I found the graphics lacking care and detail. But, as long as Kaname and Zero are in the story, I could never ''dislike'' it ;)
Arlene
Vampire Knight 3 is a great installment in this series. The intrigue continues to build in this book and we meet a couple more vampires that I’m still trying to figure out. I liked the back story of Yuki and Kaname that was included in this manga, and I can see now why there are many who are Team Kaname.

This book raises a few questions for me, including:
1. Why is Ichijo’s grandfather, who is the oldest vampire in the senate, after Kaname’s blood?
2. Why is Zero sent to hunt a Level E serial kille
Nic
Dec 29, 2010 Nic rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010, manga
I have now finally decided..........ZERO ALL THE WAY BABY!

description

Now you bookers ~points to Tina, Kim and especially Arlene~ tell me Yuki ends up with Zero PLEASE!
Jacqueline
I LOVE me some character-spectacularness when it comes to my Shoujo. Plot's well and good enough, and we gotta have it, but nothing beats getting to spend just angsty emo-tastic time with our girl Yuki. Throw in some more time spent with Zero and Kaname and I'm all of the euphoric.

Interestingly Volume 3 spent a lot more time focusing on the world, with Yuki kind of feeling pushed to the background more often than not. She was front-and-center, but the story was more about her rather than being
Sébaste
May 03, 2014 Sébaste rated it liked it
Okay, okay. I kind of start to understand why I loved this manga series so much when I was younger. I'm starting to get a little bit more involved in the characters' lives again than I did in the first two volumes. I loved the childhood flashbacks the most (especially adorable little Yuuki trying to get dressed by herself).

Again, the thing that I deplore about this series is Yuuki's helplessness. Many people seem to be really annoyed by Zero's "emo-ness", but I think it's kind of normal for him
Michelle☆Elizabeth
I felt sorry for Yuki when she (view spoiler), but she still remembers it and it hurt her a lot, all the same. What's-her-name still likes Kaname, though, and there's a new vamp girl who has already caused drama just during introductions (that I sense might be more competition who causes drama), not to mention Zero always ...more
Farhin
Nov 01, 2014 Farhin rated it it was amazing
Please do not read this review if you have not read the previous volumes of Vampire Knight.

Volume 3 of Vampire Knight was more of a flashback volume, strengthening the backstory of the characters.

In the first chapter Kaname has confined himself to his room after becoming aware of Zero and Yuki's "forbidden act" (which was revealed in vol.2). (view spoiler)
In the midst of all this, Takuma
Sara
Apr 28, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it
I just love this manga series! I savored this one, looking at all the pictures. It's such a good story. I'm not in High School anymore, but I still love these books.

What was great about this one is that there were plenty of flashbacks with Yuki when she was younger, filling in gaps and rounding out her personality. Also, a couple of new characters appeared in the book - got to watch out for them, they're not quite on the up-and-up.

Love the sidebars that the author puts in periodically. One of th
Moriah Venable
Oct 02, 2015 Moriah Venable rated it really liked it
In this third volume of the Vampire Knight, Zero and Yuki are still keeping their forbidden act a secret (Zero feed from Yuki), causing Kaname to keep to his room and his fellow Night classmates to wonder what is wrong with him. With the arrival of the Grandfather of fellow classmate, Ichijo who says he is just there to see how his grandfather is doing, it appears he is actually there to keep in eye on Kaname.

Also we see flashbacks to when Zero had first met Kaname (all are younger) recognizing
Alex
Aug 20, 2012 Alex rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
The sexual tension continues to ooze from every page. Hino is an absolute master of showing everything and nothing, creating incredibly erotic situations that occasional erupt into graphic blood feeding encounters that are highly ambiguous in nature and perhaps even a little morally problematic (like all good Vampire fiction!). In other words - it's s still fucking hot.

The steady build of the central plot at the moment is simply introducing new characters and hinting at enmities and rivalries t
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it really liked it
Overall Rating: B+
Synopsis: Cross Academy is a prestigious private school with a secret. The student body is divided into two classes: the Day Class, which is made up of mortals, and the Night Class, which consists of vampires. Most of the students and staff at the school have no idea this is going on, and apparently think it's normal for a bunch of bishounen to hang out only at night. Despite this, the manga is pulled off well. It focuses on Yuki Cross, adopted daughter of the headmaster, and
Sara Thompson
Jun 14, 2012 Sara Thompson rated it it was amazing
I love Manga – it’s special and different when compared to American comics/stories. Manga borders on the silly while having serious moments. This one is no exception. I loved it.

Yuki is the adopted daughter of the headmaster of a special boarding school. The day classes are fairly normal but at night a different set of students come to learn and they are vampires.

Yuki works as the special guardian with Zero. Their job is to keep the vampires a secret and prevent them from harming the human stude
Wondra Vanian
Feb 07, 2016 Wondra Vanian rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I don't know how I became such a junkie for this series, since I HATE anime and all...

But I need more and I can't stop.

...and the extra chapter is so cute.
Angie~ Faery of Weirdness

Rating: 5 Stars
Recommendation: EVERYONEEEEEEEE!!!!
JESUS CHRIST! *sorry for using Jesus’ name in vain- please forgive me, but in this instance, it is necessary!* What the hell is this author doing to me! Like, what the heck man?! Bloody hell, I think I’m going bonkers for crying out loud! And I’m being legit for once in my life!
WOW… JUST WOW!!! O.o This book was hectic. More and more just keeps on happening, and yet although I hate it sometimes, I just keep on thinking – ”…Keep it coming! Just ke
Veronica Ika
Apr 20, 2015 Veronica Ika rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
What is in the present was the result of what was in the past.

This serial reveals the past of the three main characters in the story, which collides each other. It shows how Yuki and Kaname is very close since he saved her from the bad vampire. Though I’m still not sure whether the reason why they are not really close again at the academy is caused by Yuki accidentally saw Kaname drank Ruka’s blood, that making the young Yuki realized how far the difference between them as a vampire and a human.
Drunkenness Books
Aug 30, 2014 Drunkenness Books rated it really liked it
Nous voici de retour, pour la troisième fois, au sein de l’Académie Cross, un internat qui a la particularité d’enseigner aux humains (avec la Day Class) comme Yuki, la fille adoptive du Directeur et aux vampires (avec la Night Class) dont fait parti Kaname, un puissant sang-pur. Les tensions sont de plus en plus importantes entre ce dernier et Zero, lui aussi adopté par le directeur après le massacre de sa famille par une vampire sang-pur. Devenu vampire à son tour, celui-ci reçoit l’aide de Yu ...more
Yvensong
I had enjoyed the first two volumes a lot more than this one. For some reason, I found this one a little boring. Maybe because I read it so late last night, but I don't think that was the only reason. I didn't find the artwork up to the same level as the first two volumes. The character development didn't feel as though it grew much deeper, especially Yuuki. She just seemed too helpless in this volume.
Sirine
Apr 25, 2015 Sirine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: année-2015, mangas
J ai adoré ce tome! Jusqu'à présent c est dans celui ci que l on apprend le plus de choses sur le passé des personnages... Avant de lire ce tome j étais à 85% pour Zéro mais maintenant ce dernier et Kaname sont revenus a une égalité parfaite! J avais aussi oublié d évoquer que en chaque début de chapitre (il me semble) nous avons dans la marge de gauche une note de l auteur... Je les trouve très utile car elle y parle de ses inspirations, des lettres que lui écrivent ses lectrices... Mais je les ...more
Kashmir
Aug 31, 2014 Kashmir rated it really liked it
Fue extremadamente lindo leer el pasado de los personajes principales ¡Yuuki era tan tierna! Ojalá le volviera a prestar atención a Kaname, la soledad de él me parte en dos ):
Sanjee
Aug 24, 2008 Sanjee rated it really liked it
this was the first one of the series i read, and i was kinda disappointed because the chapters weren't that exciting. but the art was awesome, as always. :]
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
I really liked Volume 3! We learn more about the characters, especially Yuki, and I really liked the flashbacks! Kaname, Zero and Yuki are all very connected. And the new transfer student, Maria...there is more to her, and I'm curious about where her story is headed. It seems a little random, a new transfer student but I feel like there's a purpose behind it. New students don't randomly show up for no reason. We are getting deeper into this world and how things outside the school are affecting t ...more
Soobie's heartbroken
Non so, forse la storia non è ancora partita... OK, lo so che riconoscere i vari personaggi non è mai stato il mio forte ma in questo caso ancora non riesco a distinguere i vari vampiri.

Per ora, il personaggio che mi ha colpito di più è Zero. Non riesco a capacitarmi che le fan giapponesi - come scritto dall'autrice - adorino Kaname. Anche perché non ha un ruolo determinante secondo me fino adesso. Ha solo salvato Yuki quando era bambino e adesso fa tanto il misterioso... Oppure morde altri vamp
Diana Montes
May 12, 2016 Diana Montes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everybody is bitting Yuuki... and everyone wants some of Kaname's blood (because he's a pure blood). Zero has to fight against his nature, he's a vampire vampire hunter. Kaname knows that Zero has been drinking from Yuuki and he's not happy about that. I adore the comic relief that the director brings to the story, because Zero and Kaname are way too serious. Yuuki seems more human than most of the characters and we do no get to see much from the school itself, or the classes. To be honest it se ...more
LastBreath
Feb 14, 2015 LastBreath rated it it was amazing
Yuki shows her deep affection for Zero & offers one of the greatest gifts imaginable. However the act does not go unnoticed.

Kaname is visited by Ichijo's grandfather, the oldest known Vampire. Suddenly you learn that the Purebloods are not infallible. This then brings everyone's allegiance into light.

The first sanctioned Level E assassination is performed by the Vampire's of the Night Class. This places pressure on Zero, who was given the directive to carry out the killing. Looking at the i
Sumaya
Jan 11, 2013 Sumaya rated it it was amazing
the whole series gets 5*..... just because!
Elijah Alexi
its great and awesome
Nina @ Life of a Bookworm
Sep 12, 2011 Nina @ Life of a Bookworm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, i-own
Ah Kaname ^-^
Raquel Leite
Apr 06, 2016 Raquel Leite rated it really liked it
Opinião geral : https://raquelcollin.wordpress.com/20...

A história passa-se no colégio Cross, uma escola especial que divide os alunos em dois grupos: A Day Class (classe do dia) e a Night Class (a classe da noite). O que toda a gente pensa, incluído a day class, é que a única coisa que os difere é que quando a classe da manhã saí para os dormitórios á noite, é altura da classe da noite ir para as aulas.
No entanto não é apenas isso. A Night Classe é na verdade uma turma exclusiva a vampiros. Um
Kerr
Dec 21, 2015 Kerr rated it liked it
description

Full review can also be found on: Paein and Ms4Tune’s Book Blog as a Throwback Thursday

Ok, so technically I originally only read up to #3 or so, but I've read up to 5 now and you can't separate so 5 it is.

I also know a bit of the future of the manga from wiki...

I stopped reading it because it wasnt fully published. I wanted to be able to read them all in one go. I've only recently finished collecting them so its time to (re)read them!

When I watched thevampire academy film it made me think a lot
Vampire Knight RP: Shiki Senri 2 7 Nov 02, 2012 03:05AM
  • Fruits Basket, Volume 21
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 05
  • Black Bird, Vol. 09 (Black Bird, #9)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 3 (Rosario+Vampire, #3)
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.
More about Matsuri Hino...

Vampire Knight (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 1 (Vampire Knight, #1)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 (Vampire Knight, #2)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 4 (Vampire Knight, #4)
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 5 (Vampire Knight, #5)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 6
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 7
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 8
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 9 (Vampire Knight, #9)
  • ヴァンパイア騎士 10